5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Finally.... a race!

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2001, 04:59 PM
Got Bent?

I was on my way home sitting at a light minding my own business when I see this '96 or '97 325is come up to the light really fast next to me. It may have had an exhaust and it looked lowered. I think nothing of the guy and proceed when the light turns green. I take off normally, and the car shifts into second and then third. Then, I notice this guy is pacing me and all of the sudden he hammers it. Well, as soon as I hear that, I just give it a little more gas to keep up and then we look over at eachother. At this point I give it more throttle and let the revs go to 5k in 3rd at which point the guy is wayyy back. It wasn't much of a race, but the guy must have felt kind of bad since he had is GF with him. I try to let him catch up, but he stays in behind me for the duration after that.

Anyhow, I did a lot of driving today and got in a few WOT runs. I noticed that my car is shifting from 2nd to 3rd a bit early. Even when I manually shift from 2 -> D, it shifts only 100 or so rpm after I shift. It used to go right up to redline with me shifting at 6100 or so. I think the TPS may not be reading full voltage and may need to be adjusted. Any advice?
Old 09-08-2001, 05:12 PM
nc00max

Originally posted by UMD_MaxSE
Any advice?
Yeah, come on down to Va. Beach cause lately there's been tons of action for me here...don't know what to tell you about your TPS though...

Nice kill, and it's about time. I've been getting a lot of action lately (seems like it's in the air), but they've all been lame kills. Last night for example-Cherokee Sport, Ranger, Probe SE, GS300, Accord, Accord V6, and some hotties in a Bronco. But I suppose it's better than nothing. Crap, I thought you being up in DC that you'd have tons of targets around there. You're just not hanging around shady enough areas. This area is one big ghetto...

Old 09-08-2001, 05:17 PM
Got Bent?

well, the truth is that I drive in rush hour mostly... no fun there. But this happened on my way home from work today... so no rush hour This race turned out pretty lame in the end. There are a ton of riced out civics I see on the beltway, I270, and I95.... I've gotten into a few before, but they were all lame.

I have to mess around with my TPS some to see if that does anything....
Old 09-08-2001, 05:23 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Nice Kill

Congrats, always good to hear a kill over a BMW
Old 09-08-2001, 11:18 PM

man umd, u shouldnt have kill him when a gf was in the car. he musta felt so bad . I assume he was just trying to show off his bmw infront of his g.
nice kill tho.
Old 09-08-2001, 11:46 PM

he wanted some of amber
Old 09-09-2001, 12:01 AM

wontonboy: wat do u mean?

btw u know we won against east michigan today

50 to 3?? our turtles rule
Old 09-09-2001, 12:44 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Anyhow, I did a lot of driving today and got in a few WOT runs. I noticed that my car is shifting from 2nd to 3rd a bit early. Even when I manually shift from 2 -> D, it shifts only 100 or so rpm after I shift. It used to go right up to redline with me shifting at 6100 or so. I think the TPS may not be reading full voltage and may need to be adjusted. Any advice?
I got to meet up with you one of these days to see your MODs, I dont have anything compared to the stuff you got.

I want to see that Y-pipe in action. I live in Laurel MD now.
Old 09-09-2001, 06:38 AM
Got Bent?

Originally posted by BigDogJonx

I got to meet up with you one of these days to see your MODs, I dont have anything compared to the stuff you got.

I want to see that Y-pipe in action. I live in Laurel MD now.
sure... when are you free? I know Laurel pretty well. I work during the week, but if you want to meet up somewhere on the weekend just let me know. We'll get a few runs in
Old 09-09-2001, 07:17 AM

congrates
Old 09-09-2001, 11:01 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

sure... when are you free? I know Laurel pretty well. I work during the week, but if you want to meet up somewhere on the weekend just let me know. We'll get a few runs in
Sure I guess we can meet up sometime next weekend. What is your email address again?
Old 09-09-2001, 11:03 AM

Originally posted by LucentAUTO
wontonboy: wat do u mean?

btw u know we won against east michigan today

50 to 3?? our turtles rule
naumans cars name is amber
Old 09-09-2001, 12:11 PM
Got Bent?

Originally posted by BigDogJonx

Sure I guess we can meet up sometime next weekend. What is your email address again?

nauman6@yahoo.com

drop me a line.... nc00max said he may be up for a meet next week also. Hopefully, I am not busy. If so, we can have a mini-meet
Old 09-09-2001, 12:57 PM

Originally posted by nc00max

Yeah, come on down to Va. Beach cause lately there's been tons of action for me here...don't know what to tell you about your TPS though...

Nice kill, and it's about time. I've been getting a lot of action lately (seems like it's in the air), but they've all been lame kills. Last night for example-Cherokee Sport, Ranger, Probe SE, GS300, Accord, Accord V6, and some hotties in a Bronco. But I suppose it's better than nothing. Crap, I thought you being up in DC that you'd have tons of targets around there. You're just not hanging around shady enough areas. This area is one big ghetto...
Yah this area does suck.. Went out last nite on Spirit of Norfolk for dinner cruise. Was fun.. I did get to mess around with a V6 mustang.. Wasn't much competition but at least it was something..
Old 09-09-2001, 02:28 PM

I was on my way home sitting at a light minding my own business when I see this '96 or '97 325is come up to the light really fast next to me. It may have had an exhaust and it looked lowered. I think nothing of the guy and proceed when the light turns green. I take off normally, and the car shifts into second and then third. Then, I notice this guy is pacing me and all of the sudden he hammers it. Well, as soon as I hear that, I just give it a little more gas to keep up and then we look over at eachother. At this point I give it more throttle and let the revs go to 5k in 3rd at which point the guy is wayyy back. It wasn't much of a race, but the guy must have felt kind of bad since he had is GF with him. I try to let him catch up, but he stays in behind me for the duration after that.

Cool. If it was a last body style E36 325is, then it was a 1992-1995. Easy way to tell the difference between these years are the front air dams of the 1992-1993 were bigger. 1993-1995 had dual airbags. 1994-1995 had a slimmer front air dam. Mine only has that 400rpm lag during 1-2 shifts. 2-3 or 3-4 shifts are usually done in 100-200rpms. If it's suppost to have a 400rpm lag in all gears, then I must have a problem with my car also.
Old 09-09-2001, 03:21 PM
nc00max

Originally posted by 92ZexMaximaSE
Yah this area does suck.. Went out last nite on Spirit of Norfolk for dinner cruise. Was fun.. I did get to mess around with a V6 mustang.. Wasn't much competition but at least it was something..
Have you noticed a jump in the number people who wanna race around here lately? I go cruising now and get about twice as much fun as before. Still lame kills, but fun anyways. Last night it was an older Grand Prix, Jetta GL, and some retard in an S-10 with Japanese characters on it. That particular run kinda made my night though. He was trying sooooo hard, and so many times, and kept failing miserably. He was also tailgating the crap out of every car in sight, which is what caught my eye, and is what makes it so worthwhile.

Old 09-10-2001, 12:05 AM

Nice one.
Old 09-10-2001, 04:50 AM

Originally posted by nc00max

Have you noticed a jump in the number people who wanna race around here lately? I go cruising now and get about twice as much fun as before. Still lame kills, but fun anyways. Last night it was an older Grand Prix, Jetta GL, and some retard in an S-10 with Japanese characters on it. That particular run kinda made my night though. He was trying sooooo hard, and so many times, and kept failing miserably. He was also tailgating the crap out of every car in sight, which is what caught my eye, and is what makes it so worthwhile.
Yeah, tailgaters are the worse. I have also seen the craziest cars with japanese characters (Firebird, kia, neon,). It's been a while since I had a good race which got my blood pumping. Maybe WA will be better area.