5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

window remote control question

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2000, 06:16 PM
jljon

the past models allowed you to lower windows with the remote. when and why did that get dropped? it was handy. anyway to access it in the 2001 models.

Old 10-30-2000, 06:52 PM
The silent but deadly Moderator

dropped with 2K...

I cannot rell you why. I envy the Passat/A4 owners too.
Old 10-30-2000, 07:17 PM

Re: dropped with 2K...

Originally posted by TimW
Mine does! And those cars only do it through the key.
Old 10-30-2000, 07:21 PM

Re: Re: dropped with 2K...

Originally posted by xtantmaxima
Originally posted by TimW
Mine does! And those cars only do it through the key.
u got the window roll down module with your alarm??
Old 10-30-2000, 07:35 PM

Re: Re: Re: dropped with 2K...

Originally posted by mingo

u got the window roll down module with your alarm??
hell yeah, up and down in front and back.
Old 11-02-2000, 09:48 PM
ander

How?

How'd you get your windows to do that?

Old 11-03-2000, 07:42 AM

Clifford SmartWindows4. Module for the alarm. Set you back $150 per set installed. Very conveinent. When you lock your car (re: set the alarm) rolls your windows up for you. If its hot, hit a button and it vents em. Hit it again, vents more, hit it one more time, and you're about half way down. You only get three vents.
Old 11-03-2000, 07:46 AM

Clifford SmartWindows4. Module for the alarm. Set you back $150 per set installed. Very conveinent. When you lock your car (re: set the alarm) rolls your windows up for you. If its hot, hit a button and it vents em. Hit it again, vents more, hit it one more time, and you're about half way down. You only get three vents.
That module hooks up directly to the Nissan system? or that is for an aftermarket alarm system?
Old 11-03-2000, 09:21 AM

There are systems that can be programmed to do just this function, but I think that they only give you one direction control. Also, you would have to carry around an extra remote. The other benefit of the Clifford system is that all my windows now have auto up/down feature when you're driving.
Old 11-03-2000, 10:08 AM

There are systems that can be programmed to do just this function, but I think that they only give you one direction control. Also, you would have to carry around an extra remote. The other benefit of the Clifford system is that all my windows now have auto up/down feature when you're driving.
How does the auto up/down work while driving? Do you have to use the remote?
Old 11-03-2000, 12:00 PM

no, the reason that the module is so expensive is that wires have to tap into each doors window switch. when a signal is sent the module overtakes control. It is a real slick system, just time consuming for the install. If you don't want the windows all the way down, there is a slight delay, but no problem. The easiest and fastest way to get a half open window is to tap it, then tap it again when you want it to stop. i love it.
Old 11-04-2000, 02:10 AM

Originally posted by jljon
the past models allowed you to lower windows with the remote. when and why did that get dropped? it was handy. anyway to access it in the 2001 models.
I wondered the same thing! I had a '97 Maxima with remote keyless and you could roll down the front windows by holding down the "unlock" botton on the remote. I couldn't believe that they left this nice touch off of my new 2000 Maxima. But, if you will all notice, Nissan went cheap in other areas of the 2000 Max. Power door lock logic: On my '97 Max you could lock all the doors by locking the manual "lock" flap on the front doors. You can't do this with the 2000 Model. And what is up with the "auto" selection for the headlights. I assumed that the system would leave the headlights on for a period of time (30-40 seconds) after you turned off the ignition.....but it basically just turns them on when it gets dark and turns them off when you turn off the ignition. I was disappointed in these certain little areas but I Love my car overall.
Old 11-04-2000, 10:49 AM

You CAN lock all the doors this way, you can also open them this way, turn right twice. In regards to the headlights, well at least they turn on right? That's all I care about. Who needs their headlights on after you get out of the car?
Old 11-06-2000, 11:23 AM
eroleyikan

remote with sunroof

Can the sunroof be wired/programmed to close when locking?

Old 11-06-2000, 05:30 PM

it's a safety feature

Originally posted by warrlocked
Originally posted by jljon
I wondered the same thing! I had a '97 Maxima with remote keyless and you could roll down the front windows by holding down the "unlock" botton on the remote. I couldn't believe that they left this nice touch off of my new 2000 Maxima. But, if you will all notice, Nissan went cheap in other areas of the 2000 Max. Power door lock logic: On my '97 Max you could lock all the doors by locking the manual "lock" flap on the front doors. You can't do this with the 2000 Model. And what is up with the "auto" selection for the headlights. I assumed that the system would leave the headlights on for a period of time (30-40 seconds) after you turned off the ignition.....but it basically just turns them on when it gets dark and turns them off when you turn off the ignition. I was disappointed in these certain little areas but I Love my car overall.
This was actually intentional. They do it so that you can independently lock and unlock individual doors.
Old 11-06-2000, 05:32 PM
ander

I don't think so.

The 2000+ is still able to unlock first the drivers door, and then the passenger doors, just like the 4th gen.

Old 11-06-2000, 05:38 PM

the alarm has a built in output that could be integrated into the sunroof. the reason that it would work is because the auto closure is just a pulsed switch that it has to activate once. if you have to hold the button down (old cars) then it could be a costly procedure.
Old 11-06-2000, 05:40 PM

Re: remote with sunroof

Originally posted by eroleyikan
Can the sunroof be wired/programmed to close when locking?
Actually you can. Although one installer recommended I not do it. But I think he was just afraid to because (at the time) he had no documentation nor experience with the 2k Max.

If you do it, just make sure you find a good installer who understands electronics and motors and isn't just reading the installation book that came with the alarm or module. You want someone who's going to go out of his way to do it safely and RIGHT so you don't end up burning up motors, relays, and otherwise just f**king **** up. Bad thing is: the good installer probably won't come cheap, but s/he will take the time to do it right.