5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

sccrrrrrraaaaatch!!!! ARGH!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2001, 04:58 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

sccrrrrrraaaaatch!!!! ARGH!!!!

some MORON scratched my rear bumper last night while they were coming out of a paralleled space near UCLA.... it seems that ALL the paint's gone... now all i have is a white gash showing.... HELLLLLLLLP!!!......

Old 10-11-2001, 05:46 PM

Are you sure your paint is gone? Where paint is not taken off, I take a regular eraser, the one you erase bad stuff you wrote. Worked for me a few times.
Old 10-11-2001, 06:52 PM

Re: sccrrrrrraaaaatch!!!! ARGH!!!!

Originally posted by areX
some MORON scratched my rear bumper last night while they were coming out of a paralleled space near UCLA.... it seems that ALL the paint's gone... now all i have is a white gash showing.... HELLLLLLLLP!!!......

in Canada, no one scratches car so I've rarely seen any scratched Maxima!!!
Old 10-11-2001, 08:58 PM

Oh my god your post sounds exactly like mine a couple weeks ago. I got scratched near UCLA too! Cost me 250 bucks to fix the paint plus I had to replace the corner light thingy.
Old 10-11-2001, 09:02 PM

Re: Re: sccrrrrrraaaaatch!!!! ARGH!!!!

Originally posted by LoveSick

I guess you didn't see mine got keyed all around right in front of richmond costco on a full parking lot with a lot of people walking by on a Saturday afternoon yet no one witnessed it.
Old 10-11-2001, 10:29 PM

Re: Re: sccrrrrrraaaaatch!!!! ARGH!!!!

Originally posted by LoveSick

stone chips does. They're all over the world
Old 10-11-2001, 10:49 PM

Re: Re: Re: sccrrrrrraaaaatch!!!! ARGH!!!!

Originally posted by littledog

I guess you didn't see mine got keyed all around right in front of richmond costco on a full parking lot with a lot of people walking by on a Saturday afternoon yet no one witnessed it.
Now that sucks!

I mean, parallel parking people don't really mean to do it, they just suck/weren't careful. Keying people's cars is just plain wrong. What are you going to do? Just leave it?
Old 10-11-2001, 11:37 PM

Yeah, it's one thing not knowing how to drive. But, purposely keying someone's car is just messed up. I now have th same marks on my front bumper from general "moron" parking. And, a few other little nicks here and there. The worst just happen the other day. It looks like the edge of someone's door "whittled" a line out of my rear skirt.

Arrrgh is right!!!
I hate people...

ADMAN
Old 10-11-2001, 11:47 PM

I hate people...
Heh.

Yeah, I have a few spots where paint came off cause my passengers opened the door too hard and hit something, touch up paint doesn't work! Stupid shade is different (yeah I bought it from Nissan).
Old 10-12-2001, 01:04 AM

Re: Re: Re: sccrrrrrraaaaatch!!!! ARGH!!!!

Originally posted by costcowholesale

stone chips does. They're all over the world
Sorry this is OT but belated that is. Mine is just around the corner.

To the peeps that have had this happend, i feel for you. i think that maybe you should try to wash the bumper and maybe that white mark will come out. When I got into a minor accident i had that white mark on my car and at first it looked real bad but i wash it and now it doesn't look as bad but still it sucks a$$.
Old 10-12-2001, 04:07 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by Y2KMaxGXE-R
Are you sure your paint is gone? Where paint is not taken off, I take a regular eraser, the one you erase bad stuff you wrote. Worked for me a few times.
zip. nada. no paint. just a white bumper. not even primer....
Old 10-12-2001, 07:43 AM

zip. nada. no paint. just a white bumper. not even primer....
I feel for you man. My six has been rubbed/grazed mutliple times, but twice really bad while parked on the street. It wasn't so bad because the paint was still on. Used a product called SR-97 to remove their paint and minor scratches. I'm still searching the internet for a force field for the other non-parking, sunday driving, maxima hating, jealous MF's.
Old 10-12-2001, 01:45 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Someone KEYED me from the passenger side head-light all the way to the back door and across the driver's side fornt fender......1k worth of damage!!! Cant a player just play without all the envy!!!
Old 10-12-2001, 11:20 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: sccrrrrrraaaaatch!!!! ARGH!!!!

Originally posted by hawk

Now that sucks!

I mean, parallel parking people don't really mean to do it, they just suck/weren't careful. Keying people's cars is just plain wrong. What are you going to do? Just leave it?
That's like 2 years ago when the car was two weeks old. Got the insurance to pay to get my whole car repainted.