5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

maxima production in US article - to prove point.

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2001, 08:23 PM

maxima production in US article - to prove point.

After my last posting on this same topic a couple of weeks ago, there were some (harsh) skeptics. So, in order to prove my findings, I found and typed this article out of the Louisville, KY Metro for all your reading pleasure. Origionally, I read about this off of www.foxnews.com 's web-site, but they don't achive and I couldn't find it again. Let me tell you guys, there's some people on here that will tell you you're wrong and belittle you in-front of everyone here to make themselves look like some auto expert. Don't listen to them all the time. I don't claim to be a know it all, in fact, I'm sure that a lot of you know more than I do about our cars, but I don't deny that and I definitly don't force my opinion upon others, so here's to you out there where ever you are (you know who I'm talking to!)

Nissan to make Maxima in U.S.
By AMY GREEN
Associated Press

NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- Nissan Motor Co. will move its Maxima production line from Japan to Tennessee, part of an expansion that will create 2i,000 jobs in the state.
A redesigned model of the Maxima, Nissan's top-of-the-line car, is set to roll off the assembly line in January 2003, the company announced yesterday.
The move is part of the company's strategy to produce cars close to the markets where they are sold, said Emil Hassan, Nissan's senior vice president of North American manufacturing.
Gov. Don Sundquist joined Hassan in making the announcement at the Capitol. He commended Japanese-owned Nissan for its investment in Tennessee over the last 20 years, creating thousands of jobs and hundreds of spin-off businesses, mostly parts suppliers.
Last year, Nissan announced a $1 billion expansion of its parts plant in Decherd and its Smyrna manufacturing plant, the company's only vehicle assembly factory in the United States.
Hassan said the Maxima move is part of that expansion, which will add 1,000 workers each to the Decherd and Smyrna plants over the next four years.
Nissan recently closed its 40-year-old Murayama plant outside Tokyo in preparation for moving more of its manufacturing to North America.
Old 10-11-2001, 08:25 PM

Re: maxima production in US article - to prove point.

Once again another useless post. You didn't have to start posting another thread about the SAME topic.