5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Test drove a 5 spd SE today

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2000, 06:48 PM

Not too bad!!! I was always kicking myself in the butt for buying an automatic in the first place so I thought since I was at the dealer already, I'd see if I could take one out for a spin.

It was a 2K Icelandic Pearl with all the toys...very comfortable leather seats(I have cloth) and I really liked the power seat(I have a bare bones auto SE)

Only thing that struck me by suprise was the tremendous amount of power that is generated in 1st gear! I don't drive in bumper to bumper traffic each day but I can see how easliy it could jump a little farther than you would like it to (namely into the *** end off the Buick in front of you) I suppose it could take some getting used to but I didnt seem to notice anything overly difficult about driving it. Then again I really just circled the block a few times... I'm not sure how all the power being transferred to the wheels in first in the snow would work out either but I'm hooked..I'd love to trade my auto for a stick in a flash....

Then the salesman brought me down to earth...If I traded, I'd eat approx 4 large...ouch

And no Dany...I dont want to buy your SE

Funny...glovebox rattled like a banshee just as much as mine...guess price doesnt make a difference.

I'm going to call my SM in the morning to see if he has the mounts he just took out of the car. If so I'm gonna ask him to pop those back in as even though they chirp, they are nowhere near as loud as the beauts I have in there now..jeeez..

If not....man hate to sell some stock but.......that 5spd sure was nice
Old 11-01-2000, 08:07 PM

yeah, the 5spd is nice, my last car was an auto and I regretting not getting a 5spd Max the whole time I had it. So I was on a mission when the new Max came out. Had I driven a 5spd for years before I got it I may have been swayed towards the auto... D.C. isn't the easiest town to have a clutch.
Old 11-02-2000, 08:37 AM

Hey come on over and test drive my car on Nov. 11 in Natick.

Maybe you will like it.
It is fully loaded as the one you test drove. Power seats , and all other things.

Anyways come one by. I want to hear those chirping mounts.

Originally posted by jnm2kse
Not too bad!!! I was always kicking myself in the butt for buying an automatic in the first place so I thought since I was at the dealer already, I'd see if I could take one out for a spin.

It was a 2K Icelandic Pearl with all the toys...very comfortable leather seats(I have cloth) and I really liked the power seat(I have a bare bones auto SE)

Only thing that struck me by suprise was the tremendous amount of power that is generated in 1st gear! I don't drive in bumper to bumper traffic each day but I can see how easliy it could jump a little farther than you would like it to (namely into the *** end off the Buick in front of you) I suppose it could take some getting used to but I didnt seem to notice anything overly difficult about driving it. Then again I really just circled the block a few times... I'm not sure how all the power being transferred to the wheels in first in the snow would work out either but I'm hooked..I'd love to trade my auto for a stick in a flash....

Then the salesman brought me down to earth...If I traded, I'd eat approx 4 large...ouch

And no Dany...I dont want to buy your SE

Funny...glovebox rattled like a banshee just as much as mine...guess price doesnt make a difference.

I'm going to call my SM in the morning to see if he has the mounts he just took out of the car. If so I'm gonna ask him to pop those back in as even though they chirp, they are nowhere near as loud as the beauts I have in there now..jeeez..

If not....man hate to sell some stock but.......that 5spd sure was nice
Old 11-02-2000, 09:49 AM

I'm going to try to be there...

My reserve weekend is this weekend so I should be able to make it. Really iffy but would like to go...I'd probably be the only guy their with a stock no mod car