5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

My maxima is totaled!! Pics inside.

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2007, 01:30 PM

Wow, glad your alright! It's good to see the max held up so well.
Old 09-28-2007, 01:43 PM

what really pissed me off was that i ordered a RSB from cattman and it came yesterday and i never got a chance to install it. Its still in the box, never opened. Im sending it back to cattman on monday. I never got to experience what it felt like to have the rsb on the max.
Old 09-28-2007, 01:43 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

You CAN sign the release of medical records so they can get copies of what the E/R Doctors said. DO NOT sign anything that closes the claim or says you are satisfied. You have a year to do that. You can talk to a lawyer, but they'll want 33% of what you get from the insurance company.

At the very least, you want ALL of your medical expenses paid, your car paid (as it was before it got hit), plus lost wages and then you can talk about pain and suffering or other compensation. They are going try and settle fast, but remember don't sign anything you're not sure of.

Many colleges and some employer benefits have free legal advice. You get one or two visits. You might want to look into that. The bottom line is that if you are reasonable, they will probably work with you. if you start asking for hundreds of thousand dollars (unless of course, you are permanently disabled), they are going fight you.
Old 09-28-2007, 02:00 PM

Correct. Get the medical records out of the way, and get some help if you are hurting. When you plan to settle be reasonable becoz you can never win an argument with those well trained men/women on the other side.

Good luck and don't drag too long, these insurance companies have every little thing documented that they share all info among each other. So if you think you can rip them off, you bet they will make it hell for you getting insurance either from them/their bed time partners sometime in the future.
Old 09-28-2007, 03:14 PM

yeah all i really want them to compensate me for is my car ofcourse which kbb says retail in excellent shape which it was when i had it goes for about $12,500. I want to be compensated for all my medical as far as Rx and hospital visit and my two days that i didnt go to work and my car rental ofcourse. Also my new tires that was 512 bucks. Other than that, i dont really see myself asking for anything else. Im not the type of person to fake anything so i can get more money because i believe in a thing called karma. Thanks for all your helpful input guys. It seems that some of you have been in not at fault accidents before as well.
Old 09-28-2007, 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by soonerfan
he can replace the headlights...with stock HIDs!

He could probably get away with putting some non hid 5th gen or ebay headlights.As long as nothing is missing.Tabs look broke though.
Old 09-28-2007, 03:32 PM

Don't forget, if you used sick leave, they should compensate you for that. If you can keep sick leave or sell it back, you should get paid for what you used because of the crash.
Old 09-28-2007, 03:33 PM

i use to leave down the street from where your wreck was. they where still building the intersection when i lived there. the intersection is bad if you are not use to the lights being there.
Old 09-28-2007, 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by 02MAXZIMA
i use to leave down the street from where your wreck was. they where still building the intersection when i lived there. the intersection is bad if you are not use to the lights being there.
yeah ive seen your max a few times around there. it looked pretty sick from far away. ive seen it fly past me at the shell gas station right on 55. clean car from what i could see.
Old 09-28-2007, 04:43 PM

Glad to here your OK.. What is this Acura crap...that's nothing a little bondo can't fix.
"My father has an ultimate set of tools.....I can fix it"
Old 09-28-2007, 04:48 PM

^^^ im sorry what? what the sarcasm lol? im drugged up right now so i think my comprehension is pretty bad lol.
Old 09-28-2007, 05:21 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Sorry to hear about your accident. Glad you only received minor injuries.

Instead of getting a TL maybe you should consider getting a beater to drive around in till the new 09 Maxima is out. There's talk of it following the lines of a Mercedes Benz CLS and about 300 hp.
Old 09-28-2007, 05:51 PM

holy crap man!
i dont see how u walked away from that...
good luck looking for a new car
Old 09-28-2007, 05:58 PM
Pointy Elbows

Ouch! Glad you are alive.
Old 09-28-2007, 07:37 PM

it you need a car i can help you because i work at sheehy nissan.
Old 09-28-2007, 08:24 PM
WSH for teh cup

Originally Posted by Squirrel82
He could probably get away with putting some non hid 5th gen or ebay headlights.As long as nothing is missing.Tabs look broke though.
My thought exactly.... a way to make some money and also help an orger out
Old 09-28-2007, 08:31 PM

damn that's a ridiculous amount of damage for 25-30 mph. Good thing all you got was a shoulder, and a better thing that you had no passangers. And you're right, the car held up pretty well, if it was a saturn or a Kia, the car would proably be split in two
Old 09-28-2007, 08:54 PM
JAY

sorry to hear about the accident...thank god you're ok!! i'm an ER nurse I can say for sure not many people walk away with bumps, bruises and minor injuries from an accident like that. good luck on the car search!!
Old 09-28-2007, 09:18 PM

glad you are ok
sure looks like one of the cars was going a lot faster that you said.
if she was going 25-30 and t-boned you, you would have slid and hit the poll at 20-25.
unless she hit you in the direction you were already going, then it would have been a higher speed.
the impact where she hit you doesnt look that bad....all the damage is on the poll side.
Soonerfan, physics says the speed hitting the pole would be the vector of his speed and the speed of the car that hit him - so in other words, more than 45 unless they had conflicting angles.

OP, glad you're okay, that's one nasty-looking crash!

Last edited by Maximax2; 09-28-2007 at 09:21 PM.
Old 09-28-2007, 09:23 PM

It's hard to believe your story. I have a feeling you were speeding and lost control of you vechicle. Why didn't you post pictures of the other vechicle while you where there snapping pictures of your car. Unless proven guilty in the court of law.

Last edited by gene_vq03; 09-28-2007 at 09:25 PM.
Old 09-28-2007, 09:40 PM
WSH for teh cup

Originally Posted by gene_vq03
It's hard to believe your story. I have a feeling you were speeding and lost control of you vechicle. Why didn't you post pictures of the other vechicle while you where there snapping pictures of your car. Unless proven guilty in the court of law.
Why would you question that? You can see where the lady hit him and why would he care really how damaged her car is enough to take pictures? Keep your feelings to yourself
Old 09-28-2007, 09:41 PM
WSH for teh cup

Originally Posted by Maximax2
Soonerfan, physics says the speed hitting the pole would be the vector of his speed and the speed of the car that hit him - so in other words, more than 45 unless they had conflicting angles.
The lady hitting him in the side is a conflicting angle bro...
Old 09-28-2007, 09:55 PM

dam dude...thats nasty. did your side airbag deploy??
hey instead of a TL-s how about a G35 sedan or somethin? Its like experiencing maxima again. only this time RWD..
Old 09-28-2007, 10:20 PM

Originally Posted by Kyle00
The lady hitting him in the side is a conflicting angle bro...
How d'you figure? If she t-boned him, she hit him at 90 degrees - how exactly is that a conflict to his forward motion?? If she had hit him turning into him, or something like that, so they had opposing vectors, yes.

I will agree she probably slowed him down a little when the cars crunched, because it's not just a clean ricochet.

Last edited by Maximax2; 09-28-2007 at 10:23 PM.
Old 09-28-2007, 10:27 PM

How d'you figure? If she t-boned him, she hit him at 90 degrees - how exactly is that a conflict to his forward motion?? If she had hit him turning into him, or something like that, so they had opposing vectors, yes.

I will agree she probably slowed him down a little when the cars crunched, because it's not just a clean ricochet.

lol.. when cars are involved, there's nothing "clean" about a ricochet.. its always gonna be messy. just ask nk2k2
Old 09-28-2007, 11:40 PM
New to *****

Glad ur ok

hey man i don't know ya, but from the pictures i'm glad u were able to walk away...sometimes we all get caught up in our cars and doing our thing but u never know what could happen on the road, be safe everyone...

BTW...
isn't a MAXIMA just a great freakin car...for real
Old 09-28-2007, 11:47 PM
Cletus

OP, glad you're okay, that's one nasty-looking crash!
he was t-boned...his speed isnt a factor since she changed his direction from a forward motion to a sideways motion.

her speed - friction cause by going sideways = speed he hit the pole
Old 09-28-2007, 11:49 PM
Cletus

How d'you figure? If she t-boned him, she hit him at 90 degrees - how exactly is that a conflict to his forward motion?? .
he was going forward...she changed his motion to sideways
Old 09-29-2007, 12:08 AM
F---ing Kangaroos

Originally Posted by Squirrel82
Fraud is a brilliant idea

Why not pull the vq35 and drop a qr25 in there?
Old 09-29-2007, 05:52 AM

stardust i was thinking the same thing plus its locked behind some fence in gainesville. yeah i have to agree with jason in that i was going straight and her impact sent my car a different direction. now i should clarify that i dont know exactly how fast she was going but i would assume 25-30. I cant say for sure. thats what i want to say.

ohh and gene vq30 i have noting to lie about. below you will see a picture of the car that hit me.

Old 09-29-2007, 06:31 AM

Originally Posted by Stardust
Fraud is a brilliant idea

Why not pull the vq35 and drop a qr25 in there?
I work at a bodyshop.Swapping parts is no problem when access is available to the car.
Old 09-29-2007, 06:47 AM
Homie

No, man, it's a sum of vectors issue.

He's traveling north (let's say) @ 45 and she hits him from the west at 35. His new direction will be NNE and speed (assuming an inelastic collision, like between pool *****) will be 57 mph. Of course, it's not inelastic because energy will be lost in the cars crunching and in the tire-road friction, but it will probably be greater than 45

he was going forward...she changed his motion to sideways
Old 09-29-2007, 07:00 AM

Originally Posted by gene_vq03
wow.. i'm so glad you were proven wrong by that picture of the other car.. that was so dumb/wrong of you to say..

A. you could plainly see the damage where she hit him on the side of the car opposite the pole
B. Why the hell would you say something like that? this guy has obviously been through a traumatic experience and is hurting... and then for you turn around and call him a liar? just cause you wanna be the one to uncover a conspiracy and be right about something? wow.. if i was a mod i would ban the crap out of you
Old 09-29-2007, 07:56 AM
WSH for teh cup

You had the right idea but i think you were a little confused.... In your thinking, if her impact had NO conflict with his forward motion, he wouldn't have crashed but would've continued driving straight without incident
Old 09-29-2007, 07:57 AM

That looks like a very bad accident.. and I am a little surprised at how easily the car folded. I've seen 50-60 mph side impacts with a pole look better than that.

This is one instance though where having SFCs would have actually helped reduce the intrusion of the pole into the passenger cabin
Old 09-29-2007, 08:09 AM

Originally Posted by sciff5
This is one instance though where having SFCs would have actually helped reduce the intrusion of the pole into the passenger cabin
really? SFC's can really lessen the impact of an accident as well as greatly improve your handling? wow.. i'm so getting some.. lol
Old 09-29-2007, 08:20 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

if you have older tires, put them on...
it wont affect the value of the car as far as the appraiser is concerned...
Old 09-29-2007, 08:28 AM

Originally Posted by Kyle00
You had the right idea but i think you were a little confused.... In your thinking, if her impact had NO conflict with his forward motion, he wouldn't have crashed but would've continued driving straight without incident
Fair enough, agree; I meant that her vector wasn't opposing his, which would have added more energy to the actual impact, but would have slowed him down.

Last edited by Maximax2; 09-29-2007 at 08:54 AM.
Old 09-29-2007, 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by wyche89
really? SFC's can really lessen the impact of an accident as well as greatly improve your handling? wow.. i'm so getting some.. lol
deff wouldent have lessened the impact but it would have reduced the amount the car would have wrapped around the pole. Lol in that pic, the max looks like an empty beer can.
Old 09-29-2007, 10:13 AM

i honestly dont know if the SFCs wouldve helped in this instance or not. i think that the welds wouldve broken due to the impact. i took better pictures today at the salvage yard and it looks worse. i looked on the pass side were the pole hit and there is no way the sfc wouldve helped. it looks like someone took a pair of pliers to the frame and squashed it. the muffler is broken right over the axle back part. my car was still in gear from when it was hit. it doesnt come out of gear. ill post up pics later. thanks again for all your support guys.

Quick Reply: My maxima is totaled!! Pics inside.