5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Retained Accessory Power mod...Someone with a wiring scematic Please Help!

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2001, 08:53 AM

Retained Accessory Power mod...Someone with a wiring scematic Please Help!

Does anyone think that it would be possible to make the retained accessory power NOT shut off after you open a front door. When I have a passenger it is really annoying to have to tell them to not open their door until the sunroof is closed etc. In theory this would also give you a delay time with your headlamps in the on position (not in auto) after you turn off the ignition. I hope this could be as easy as cutting a wire somewhere. There should be a solonoid that would be deactivated by one of the front doors being opened.
Old 10-23-2001, 06:02 PM
2kMistMax

The windows would still work for about 40 seconds after you turn the key off even if you open a door.
It does look like it would make the headlights have a delay if they are in the on position. Cars costing a lot less than our Maximas have delay headlights. This sounds like a worthwhile mod.

Old 10-24-2001, 05:49 AM

on my 2k gle, the power for teh windows and roof are retained for 40 seconds like you said, but if any of the doors open in that time it kills it.
Old 10-24-2001, 07:42 AM

Originally posted by neil
on my 2k gle, the power for teh windows and roof are retained for 40 seconds like you said, but if any of the doors open in that time it kills it.
That is what I want to get rid of! I want the retained power to stay on for the 40 seconds after the ignition is turned off...even if the doors are opened! In other words..every time you turn off the ignition you would have 40 seconds to close your windows even if you open a door and you wouldn't have to WAIT on things to close before you get out of the car...You could press the auto close on the sunroof and be walking away from your car while it is still closing.

I hope that someone can figure this out and do a write up for it. I can hear a solonoid turning off somewhere under the dash on the driver side....so maybe a wire that goes to the solonoid that tells it that a door is opened could be cut? I don't know much about electronics, but I was hoping that someone could help out with this mod.
Old 10-24-2001, 07:49 AM

i have it on my max...but you'll have to wait an hour because i have to go to class...i'll give you the quick write up...unfortunately it only works for all the windows but not the sunroof...it is really nice and you can use any of the windows when the key isn't in or whatever
Old 10-24-2001, 07:56 AM

Originally posted by MrBurner
i have it on my max...but you'll have to wait an hour because i have to go to class...i'll give you the quick write up...unfortunately it only works for all the windows but not the sunroof...it is really nice and you can use any of the windows when the key isn't in or whatever
Yeah...I know what mod you are referring to. I would like to do a new mod to the retained power.

I would still like for someone who has a wiring scematic to see if what I am suggesting is even possible. With what I would like to do you should also get delay headlamps when you turn off the ignition and the lights are in the "on" position. They would go off after 40 seconds instead of turning off when you open the door.
Old 10-24-2001, 09:39 AM

Yeh, I agree - that would be nice. I'll see if I can dig up some wiring diags for ya, but here's my guess. Find the input lead from the doors to the smart entrance/exit module. Start probing with a multi-meter and see what it's doing in those 40 seconds with the door open and closed. Go from there. Let you know what I find if they have anything in the manuals.
Old 10-24-2001, 09:53 AM
sixman

Looking at the wiring diagrams it appears to be next to impossible to retain the 45 second delay controled by the Smart Enterance Control Unit (SECU) and keep power to the windows and or sunroof. Problem is the terminals on the SECU that cause the power to be dropped from thw windows/sunroof are the same ones used to control the interior lights. Only solution is to wire around the windows and sunroof relays to have them on at all times.

Old 10-24-2001, 09:55 AM
sixman

Did another quik look at the wiring for the sunroof and the is no relay (unlike the windows) so you can't bypass the circuit like you can with the windows.

Old 10-24-2001, 04:41 PM

Originally posted by sixman
Looking at the wiring diagrams it appears to be next to impossible to retain the 45 second delay controled by the Smart Enterance Control Unit (SECU) and keep power to the windows and or sunroof. Problem is the terminals on the SECU that cause the power to be dropped from thw windows/sunroof are the same ones used to control the interior lights. Only solution is to wire around the windows and sunroof relays to have them on at all times.
You mean you can't bypass is somehow...to where the signal (or wire) that tells it that the door has been opened is cut off? Because if you can't, then what I am suggesting would not work.