5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Appoligy from Nissan. . .

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2001, 05:11 AM

Appoligy from Nissan. . .

Did anyone else get the appology letter from nissan regarding the giant prescription bottlewith 2002 Altima information inside? A month or so back, they sent out giant prescription bottle filled with Altima info (including how to get the free watch if a test drive was taken). I was a bit concerned when it got there, because the timing was very bad with recent mail anthrax cases, but saw that it was Nissan. Anyway, they sent out an appology and gave us a phone number to call. Maybe I should call and ask for 20% off a 2002 Maxima with free navigation. . .
Old 10-25-2001, 05:45 AM
IMBOUTTOBUSTSOMEGHOSTS

I received the prescription bottle as well, but have yet to receive an apology. I figure that Nissan has screwed me (paint, brakes, transmission) over with so much else, if they apologize for sending the bottle then I might actually have expectations of them. Anyways, that was pretty bad timing. But so is releasing an Altima that is faster and larger than the 20th anniversary maxima which was suppose to reward the faithful.
Old 10-25-2001, 05:55 AM
Very sound, Mike

Yep, I got one too. Was pretty nice of them. I knew it was from Nissan beforehand though because of similar reports in other forums.

My relatives were scared by it tho so i just passed on the apology letter to them.
Old 10-25-2001, 06:27 AM

Letter

I completely agree, they should send an appology for making the altima almost as good as the Maxima. Until the Maxima gets redone, there is little point in buying one. I am leaning more towards the Altima (if it only had the better Bose stereo and 6 speed.
Old 10-25-2001, 08:03 AM
IMBOUTTOBUSTSOMEGHOSTS

When I got my max, I knew they were reworking the motor in the max and altima, but I thought they would have detuned the altima more than they did. I guess its all part of a plan to make the maxima even larger and more powerful. I've seen rumors on the org about 2003 maximas and such, but only time will tell. Maybe they will come out with a 25th anniversary and attempt to screw over the faithful a little more.
Old 10-25-2001, 08:28 AM

Yes, I just got the apology letter yesterday!

Mechanically speaking, the Altima maybe better than Maxima.
For me, it was deciding between the 6 speed manual (the
Max) or the Skyline-derived suspension (the Altima). I
am not sure that I believe that Altima's 3.5VQ has 15hp
less than the Max. I've decided to wait for the HLSD-
equipped 6speed.

I agree with Audioman that Nissan ought to apologize for
making the Altima virtually as good as the Maxima, AND
for making me wait until Jan/Feb 02 for the HLSD 6speed.
Old 10-25-2001, 05:06 PM

Re: Appoligy from Nissan. . .

Got the "Anthrax" container in the mail, but no appology letter as of yet. Did Nissan say they were sorry for sending the tube...or making my friggin' paint suck so badly???

ADMAN
Old 10-25-2001, 05:09 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Re: Re: Appoligy from Nissan. . .

Originally posted by adman
Got the "Anthrax" container in the mail, but no appology letter as of yet. Did Nissan say they were sorry for sending the tube...or making my friggin' paint suck so badly???

ADMAN
That sh*t ain't funny man. My folks are paranoid about this stuff. They have a set of gloves laid out to get the mail with. Anyways....

Are those smoked headlight covers legal for driving? They look cool, but I'd hate to cover up my 2K2 HIDs. It would probably protect them from fools though. I already got a scratch on the plasctic from some punk on my one week old HIDs.
Old 10-25-2001, 06:04 PM

they better apologize for bad finish, suckas
Old 10-25-2001, 06:09 PM
IMBOUTTOBUSTSOMEGHOSTS

I just got the apology today. Of course no mention of the **** poor paint. They could have said something along the lines of well, we arent going to repaint your car, but we are sorry that it sucks so bad, but we werent aware of the problem because we are all driving bmws.
Old 10-25-2001, 07:04 PM

This is silly. I got that "bottle" too. It's a huge tin, doesn't even look like a prescription bottle. I can't believe people got worked up over it.
Old 10-25-2001, 09:37 PM

Originally posted by Paul6speed
This is silly. I got that "bottle" too. It's a huge tin, doesn't even look like a prescription bottle. I can't believe people got worked up over it.
I looked at your pictures. Nice stuff. I noticed that you have analogue heater control. Is climate control an option that you did not choose?
Old 10-26-2001, 08:39 AM

I got it too, pretty nice of them to do it, actually.
Old 10-26-2001, 10:01 AM

They only had one 6 speed SE available. It had more options than I really wanted. It was also my favorite Maxima color, Majestic Blue. The automatic climate control comes with the leather package, which I did not want. Although I didn't really want the Meridian Package, I'm enjoying the heated seats, steering wheel, and outside mirrors.

Originally posted by RichW

I looked at your pictures. Nice stuff. I noticed that you have analogue heater control. Is climate control an option that you did not choose?
Old 10-26-2001, 10:33 AM

Bad Paint Apology

Is the paint really that poor on the Maxima or is it the sheet metal below? Does it chip off or something? Also, I would like to point out that my spelling of "Appoligy" is incorrect. It should be "Apology".
Old 10-26-2001, 12:48 PM

Re: Bad Paint Apology

Originally posted by AudioMan
Is the paint really that poor on the Maxima or is it the sheet metal below? Does it chip off or something? Also, I would like to point out that my spelling of "Appoligy" is incorrect. It should be "Apology".
Ohkay, AudeoMan...Appoligy axcetped!

By the way, I finally got my letter too. But, no mention of repainting my car for free. Oh, well...

ADMAN
Old 10-26-2001, 03:10 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by soundmike
Yep, I got one too. Was pretty nice of them. I knew it was from Nissan beforehand though because of similar reports in other forums.

My relatives were scared by it tho so i just passed on the apology letter to them.
What tranny u got? car looks nice
Old 10-29-2001, 08:06 AM

Another Letter

Ok, after getting a letter from Nissan saying how sorry they were for possibly scaring us. I got another letter on Saturday. It had my name and address hand written on it with no return address or information on where it came from. It I was ever suspect of an anthrax letter, this one was it. Of course I opened it (over the sink like that would do anything). . . It turned out to be a Nissan Sales person that I called about a month earlier asking about the 6-speed Maxima. It was a follow-up on our call to get me to come in and test drive a Maxima. It was typed on normal paper and nowhere on it or the envelope was there a Nissan Logo. It was legit, but I thought that it was kind of ironic to get that from a Nissan rep after the whole bottle thing. You would have thought that Nissan would mention something to all the dealerships about identifying themselves on all contact information. That just reversed how nice I thought that nissan was to apologize for their earlier actions.