5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Need a Carpet - 02 MAX

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2008, 06:53 AM
FU, FU, FU, You're Cool..

Need a Carpet - 02 MAX

So I would like to replace my carpet. I have looked on line and it is difficult to figure out what vendor sells quality carpets.
I was going to buy off an orger but replacement (NEW) carpets are the same price as people want for their used stuff. And I was thinking of going with black instead of the OEM gray.

Can anyone reccomend a reputable online or brick and mortar seller to me?

Thanks
Old 05-23-2008, 12:18 PM
Puerto Rico-Maxima Lover

go to the dealer.... $85 to $100 more or less...
Old 05-23-2008, 04:42 PM
all teh single ladiez

http://www.stockinteriors.com/

IIRC, nissan doesn't make a black carpet. i bought a dark gray one off a fellow orger for $80...
Old 05-23-2008, 04:46 PM
Cletus

correct...no OEM black.
black interior got the darkest and its still gray

Old 05-24-2008, 06:43 AM
FU, FU, FU, You're Cool..

Thanks for the advice
.... never gave the dealer a thought cause they are soooo over priced but 85-100 is reasonable
Old 05-24-2008, 12:57 PM
Sunglasses required..

Originally Posted by miksen
Thanks for the advice
.... never gave the dealer a thought cause they are soooo over priced but 85-100 is reasonable
I got my from Dave-B $470.00 big one's, came total over 5 bills with taxes and shipping....I live in the California so it came out to be at my local dealer close to $700.00. I said f%!k that too much.So I called Dave in Texas. Got hooked up like a tow truck........
Old 05-24-2008, 11:58 PM

Look in Jcwhitney, they've been selling performed Oem carpet since the 60's.
Old 05-25-2008, 08:20 AM

I'll break it down to you.

When you remove your stock carpet, have a spray can with acetone to clean your floor and you might as well clean up all the debris under the carpet from all the years of driving, and any other 'substances' dropped over time.
Clean surfaces with the acetone to get adhesive off with the remainder of the jute mat that just pulled off as you lifted your stock carpet.

You can get a non-oem supplied carpet, but be prepared to spend a day taking your interior apart including lower center console to slide carpet out, and prepare to cut to fit in your car, you must save all clips along side sills, and need to use a suitable tool to poke holes for those clips. Keep in mind you will have to make several cut outs for seatbelt locations, seat positions, and where the rear seat locks into. Use a sharp razor, and change as many as necessary. If you miss with a good razor and cut yourself that wound will heal faster than one with a bad razor (Personal experience)

You can go OEM from the dealership or DaveB yes it is very expensive but all the jute matting and all clips should be there, be prepared to possibly take apart your dash again and try to avoid breaking clips on your B pillar which is between your front and rear doors.

I'd advise you to go OEM, the Non OEM supplied carpets are a PITA, and they don't fit as well as OEM does.

Last thing is get a good 3M carpet adhesive in a can, and spray on the jute matting.
Old 05-26-2008, 01:57 PM
Sunglasses required..

Originally Posted by nismo_star
I'll break it down to you.

When you remove your stock carpet, have a spray can with acetone to clean your floor and you might as well clean up all the debris under the carpet from all the years of driving, and any other 'substances' dropped over time.
Clean surfaces with the acetone to get adhesive off with the remainder of the jute mat that just pulled off as you lifted your stock carpet.

You can get a non-oem supplied carpet, but be prepared to spend a day taking your interior apart including lower center console to slide carpet out, and prepare to cut to fit in your car, you must save all clips along side sills, and need to use a suitable tool to poke holes for those clips. Keep in mind you will have to make several cut outs for seatbelt locations, seat positions, and where the rear seat locks into. Use a sharp razor, and change as many as necessary. If you miss with a good razor and cut yourself that wound will heal faster than one with a bad razor (Personal experience)

You can go OEM from the dealership or DaveB yes it is very expensive but all the jute matting and all clips should be there, be prepared to possibly take apart your dash again and try to avoid breaking clips on your B pillar which is between your front and rear doors.

I'd advise you to go OEM, the Non OEM supplied carpets are a PITA, and they don't fit as well as OEM does.

Last thing is get a good 3M carpet adhesive in a can, and spray on the jute matting.
Good tips, that's why I went OEM. Save alot of time cutting holes measurements and shaping the carpet to you're chassis. Pay more money, but save time,time and time..............OEM for the win. Will post pic when done.