5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

What Els Can Be Wrong?- Can Anyone Help Me Please!?

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2008, 11:02 AM

What Els Can Be Wrong?- Can Anyone Help Me Please!?

hi --- i have a question... and its really hard to ask .. or to explain ! but let me try ..
... i hav .. 02 maxima it has ... 138 miles on it .. i know quite a bit abt car but i guess it wasnt enough. i felt my car was eating alot gas ... after opeing the hood to change the plugs. i found valve cover gasket leak .. so replaced front and back valve cover gasket and plugs .. Plus .. i clean my TB .. which was a mistke .. i open the TB and open spry the whole thing .. put everything back on .. my ideal went up above 1000rpm oh god .. check egine light came on couldnt deal with it .. so took it to the dealer .. and they give me code .. .PO507 PO223 PO123 P1800 and quote me with $1400 guys i fall from the sky .. poor me what els could be done i agree to do the job .. it was .. replacesd TB chamber Assembly .. MAF sensor and Vias Sensor. REcalibrated ECM .. ok now back on road no check engine light on .. but i feel something is not useuall .. the car runs fine .. when my foot at the gas paddel but when i step on break .. the rpm should go all the way down right .. but its seem like its going going down and bhoom jump up a little and then gose down .. i didnt notice that b4 i mess around with the car .im sure its not normal .. why the rmp will jump up a lil when ur foot on the break right ?.. i take it back to the dealer twice and they say there is no code ur car running normal .. i wasnt setisfy with their ans so take it to the 2nd delaer they recomment 100K service 1200 there they say they notice its not nomal .. but they cant figure out what is it .. it will take long digno to find out and they not sure .. umm one of the forum memer said he had same problem he .has to replcae ECM i replace a brand new Ecm 850 doller still no luck .. seem like i dont have any money left ummm . so plz tell me what should i do now and what can be the problem .. and how to fix it .. anything please .. thanks for all of ur time !
Old 08-13-2008, 01:05 PM
Banned

you got raped.
Old 08-13-2008, 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by sheabny
. poor me what els could be done i agree to do the job .. !
you could of said no thanks and walk out.
Old 08-13-2008, 02:46 PM
detailerdaveb@gmail.com

learn to spell and yes you got raped
Old 08-13-2008, 03:31 PM

rev goes up and down when braking is because of downshifting, it's normal.
and why didn't you do the relearn and reset produce before being raped by the dealer?

Last edited by jasonmax; 08-13-2008 at 03:33 PM.
Old 08-13-2008, 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by jasonmax
rev goes up and down when braking is because of downshifting, it's normal.
and why didn't you do the relearn and reset produce before being raped by the dealer?
In essence when you press the brake pedal at speed the torque converter goes out of lockup mode causing your engine to freewheel a little before reengaging the transmission to engine brake. At the same time this is happening your ECM is also raising the idle speed to match revs with the torque converter so the engine doesn't backfire and kill your catalytic converters.
Old 08-13-2008, 05:50 PM

dood....oh my god...you....got....raped....

learn to use periods and comas.

wow thats so much money. why didnt you say no and go home and troubleshoot or read on the .org and fix your issues. you could have did an idle relearn to fix high rpm idle. use the .org for what its worth.
Old 08-13-2008, 06:37 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

the relearn procedure may help. i have heard of a 2k2 owner that left the battery disconnected overnight and it cleared the p0507.
Old 08-13-2008, 08:48 PM

Thank you all for ur time and support!
and ppl who is here to talk about spelling mistke then helping can go to hell!

however people who trying to help me im thankfull to them. To them i have a question this problem just recently happen. it wasnt there before the dealer reset or relearn the ECM or Tb about 5 Times, and it has a brand new ECM. why is it happening now? there is no SES light, no code to detect the problem. but yet i feel unconfortable to drive the car. i test drove my brother 02 maxima, my freind 02,03 maxima their doesnt do it. so mine has a problem. can u guys please tell me kindly how to fix it. once again thanks for u guys help!

P.S : ppl who care about my spelling. u guys r so smart how come u guys didnt have a ans to my problem . oh look at u. all i got is hehe hahah hohoho for u.dumb asses. listen im in too much of a problem then to think or watch my spelling. im going crazy over this issue. anyways thanks for nothing to you guys.!

Last edited by sheabny; 08-13-2008 at 08:50 PM.
Old 08-13-2008, 08:57 PM

WOW!!! That's a lot of money you spent. There are a lot of threads that address your problem(s). You probably could have spent 1/3 the amount of money and saved yourself the time as well, if you had done a thorough search or asked some questions before you went to the dealership.

Do some searching and use the spell checker. It was a little difficult reading your post.

I realize no one is perfect.

Good luck.
Old 08-13-2008, 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by Teddie18
WOW!!! That's a lot of money you spent. There are a lot of threads that address your problem(s). You probably could have spent 1/3 the amount of money and saved yourself the time as well, if you had done a thorough search or asked some questions before you went to the dealership.

Do some searching and use the spell checker. It was a little difficult reading your post.

I realize no one is perfect.

Good luck.

Thanks .. atlest u said it in a nice way. it feels better to hear something like that.

So anyone can help me fix the problem?
Old 08-17-2008, 02:06 PM

As others have said try to do the relearn procedure yourself after resetting the computer. Resetting the computer is pretty simple, just disconnect the battery and leave the dome light on for an hour or two. That will usually do the trick for most cars. Once that is done hook up the battery. Perform the relearning procedure and give the car some time to get used to your driving habits.

Also look into using Firefox. It has a built in spell checker. That should help out with the spelling on the boards and keep some of the critics at bay.
Old 08-17-2008, 02:18 PM
That's Mr. Detail to you

P.S : ppl who care about my spelling. u guys r so smart how come u guys didnt have a ans to my problem . oh look at u. all i got is hehe hahah hohoho for u.dumb asses. listen im in too much of a problem then to think or watch my spelling. im going crazy over this issue. anyways thanks for nothing to you guys.!
Hard to help you if we can't read your post. Proper spelling, grammar and punctuation make it easier to understand exactly what the problem is.

A faster way to reset the computer is to disconnect the positive cable, then turn on the headlights and step on the brake pedal for a few seconds. That should discharge the system completely. Once the computer has been reset you can perform the relearn steps.
Old 08-17-2008, 03:08 PM

sheabny: What has happened with this issue? Is your only problem the closed throttle hunting/surging? Is the idle a stable about 750 RPM in both Park/N, and D, or does it "hunt" more when you put it in D? When you changed the plugs are you sure that all connections including hoses etc. got reconnected. You cannot have ANY vacuum leaks for the system to work properly. With the hood open, right after you shutdown the engine, can you hear the throttle actuator operating? (you should be able to hear it fully close) I suggest.......DO NOT disconnect the battery power in an attempt to "reset" the ECM. It will accomplish nothing at this point. Still no SES light ON with the engine running?
Old 08-17-2008, 06:53 PM
retired moderator

Your writing is terrible, making it very difficult to understand what you're saying, so those of us who COULD help you won't bother since it is too much trouble just to read your post.

ALSO: This is NOT the playground and name-calling is not acceptable here.

Consider yourself warned. Any more of that and you'll be gone.
Old 08-17-2008, 07:45 PM

Irish.......you might want to cut this guy some slack! English is obviously not his first language and even if he generated this issue himself, his frustration from getting screwed by the dealer etc., plus getting no help from here.......most of it just plain incorrect to boot, plus getting chastized for his writing skills, finally pissed him off. I got the gist of his problem and have made an attempt to get some clarification.......although I'd be surprised if he now will even attempt to respond. Hasn't anybody got any patience any more?
Old 08-17-2008, 08:12 PM
retired moderator

Thank you all for ur time and support!
and ppl who is here to talk about spelling mistke then helping can go to hell!

however people who trying to help me im thankfull to them. To them i have a question this problem just recently happen. it wasnt there before the dealer reset or relearn the ECM or Tb about 5 Times, and it has a brand new ECM. why is it happening now? there is no SES light, no code to detect the problem. but yet i feel unconfortable to drive the car. i test drove my brother 02 maxima, my freind 02,03 maxima their doesnt do it. so mine has a problem. can u guys please tell me kindly how to fix it. once again thanks for u guys help!

Originally Posted by P. Samson
Irish.......you might want to cut this guy some slack! English is obviously not his first language and even if he generated this issue himself, his frustration from getting screwed by the dealer etc., plus getting no help from here.......most of it just plain incorrect to boot, plus getting chastized for his writing skills, finally pissed him off. I got the gist of his problem and have made an attempt to get some clarification.......although I'd be surprised if he now will even attempt to respond. Hasn't anybody got any patience any more?
It's not whether or not English is his first language.

He says "u guys r so smart how come u guys didnt have a ans to my problem." This is not from being foreign. It is almost like shorhand that you'd do when text-messaging or something. He takes the word "answer" and says "ans." "He usese "u" and "r" instead of "you" and "are"....it is clearly him being lazy and/or in a terrible rush, rather than taking his time to at least try to construct sentences with complete words.

Nobody says grammar and spelling needs to be perfect on here (mine certainly isn't), but if you're going to post, you need to at least make an effort, at least if you want people to read your posts/questions. amirite?

---

as to whether it pissed him off, that's not my problem and it doesn't excuse him from the rules of the forum.....and I did gve him a break, which is why he isn't banned...
Old 08-18-2008, 12:48 AM

Thanks for all of ur time and thank you guys again. well ya u guys r right english is not my 1st language but its more off, i try to write things in short mode. which is why i use text mode. howEver Sorry its not you guys fault, is just that i was **** and didnt know what to do and again please help me if u guys can!
Old 08-18-2008, 01:06 AM

Originally Posted by P. Samson
sheabny: What has happened with this issue? Is your only problem the closed throttle hunting/surging? Is the idle a stable about 750 RPM in both Park/N, and D, or does it "hunt" more when you put it in D? When you changed the plugs are you sure that all connections including hoses etc. got reconnected. You cannot have ANY vacuum leaks for the system to work properly. With the hood open, right after you shutdown the engine, can you hear the throttle actuator operating? (you should be able to hear it fully close) I suggest.......DO NOT disconnect the battery power in an attempt to "reset" the ECM. It will accomplish nothing at this point. Still no SES light ON with the engine running?
OKay guys.

Let me try to explain the problem better way. everything has been reconnectd. The Ecm Is brand new. My idle is stable at park/N and Drive/D. I cant notice any problem when the car sit idleing (park/N or D). i seem to notice the problem only when i drive the car. Say im in the highway driving at 50mph, and then release the gas paddel the RPM play by itself. Ex- the Rpm show its comeing down slowly, in mid way the Rpm shoots back up, then slowly come down. Somtimes it shoots back up 2 times before it comes down (This is happening while im not touching the break or gas paddel). On local road case, when i need to stop for a red light i release the gas paddel, and try to press the break and dont let go off the break. The Rpm supose to come down slowly right? But it seem like its comeing down, then shoot back up when its reaches below 1000RMP. Then gose down then shoot back up a little and then finaly gose down.

Thank You all For your Great Time, and sory for the problem i have caused! Please Help me. Tahnks again.
Old 08-18-2008, 07:34 AM
That's Mr. Detail to you

What you are experiencing is normal. My car does the same thing, especially down hill and let off the gas. The engine speed will drop, rise up, then drop again. Never has caused a driveability issue and my car doesn't surge ahead or drop back with the change in rpm, feels real smooth. Everything is always stable when I come to a stop.
Old 08-18-2008, 07:54 AM

OKay guys.

driving at 50mph, and then release the gas paddel the RPM play by itself. Ex- the Rpm show its comeing down slowly, in mid way the Rpm shoots back up, then slowly come down. Somtimes it shoots back up 2 times before it comes down (This is happening while im not touching the break or gas paddel).
that doesnt sound normal to me... when i had my auto, i never noticed anything like that.. when i let my foot off the gas, the rpm would drop slowly down to whatever it was supposed to depending on how fast i was going.. and you said you drove somebody else's car and it didn't do that right? that's another indication it's not normal... and if it didn't do it before, then yeah, i would worry too.. maybe your car just needs to adjust after all the new crap that was put in there?

Last edited by wyche89; 08-18-2008 at 07:57 AM.
Old 08-18-2008, 09:19 AM

OKay guys.

Let me try to explain the problem better way. everything has been reconnectd. The Ecm Is brand new. My idle is stable at park/N and Drive/D. I cant notice any problem when the car sit idleing (park/N or D). i seem to notice the problem only when i drive the car. Say im in the highway driving at 50mph, and then release the gas paddel the RPM play by itself. Ex- the Rpm show its comeing down slowly, in mid way the Rpm shoots back up, then slowly come down. Somtimes it shoots back up 2 times before it comes down (This is happening while im not touching the break or gas paddel). On local road case, when i need to stop for a red light i release the gas paddel, and try to press the break and dont let go off the break. The Rpm supose to come down slowly right? But it seem like its comeing down, then shoot back up when its reaches below 1000RMP. Then gose down then shoot back up a little and then finaly gose down.

Thank You all For your Great Time, and sory for the problem i have caused! Please Help me. Tahnks again.

I never seen a car doing that. And im 100% Sure This is not normal, and if this happening to anyone els then please take it as a problem too.
Old 08-18-2008, 04:56 PM

As wyche89 has stated......it ain't normal. I've been into the FSM but because you seem to have a normal idle and because this appears to be a closed throttle, at speed only, hunting/surging thing......I don't know really what to suggest because it would be guesswork. Can you find another dealer, or a Japanese or Import specialty shop in your area......maybe someone you know can suggest a reliable one? I think your car needs to be test driven with an appropriate scantool hooked up and the live data and parameters being monitored by someone with the required knowledge, to sort this out.
Old 08-20-2008, 08:59 AM

Any chance that your transmission is downshifting under the situations that you mentioned? I don't own any automatic transmission cars, so I don't know if this can be monitored with a cheapie scanner or not, but it could explain the rev increases as it hits the next gear down.

(I have frequently dealt with people for whom English is a second language and can cope with rough spelling and poor sentence structure that at least tries to be close, as your post #19 does. But text-message shortcuts give a poor impression, especially in a discussion where you want technical help. If I have to work too hard to figure out what the words are, I lose the meaning of what they are trying to say. So instead of answering, I usually just go away. Intended as help, not as flame.)

Norm

Last edited by Norm Peterson; 08-20-2008 at 09:02 AM.
Old 08-20-2008, 09:26 AM
dot dot dot ...

Are your primary O2's connected? Mine does this when under no load and coasting, once the RPM gets to ~ 1200, the RPM's shoot up, then down to ~ 1000RPM, then up, if the load changes (increases), everything goes back to normal. This is closed loop / open loop switchover. Since my primaries are not connected, there is a essentially no control under 1200 RPM (depending on load).

Mine is limited to very discrete/unique situations (very low load @ 1200 RPM).
Old 08-20-2008, 10:55 AM

if u paid 1400 to have the car reppaired, go back to the dealer and tell them that the car was not fixed, and if all else fails im sure they will make u pay more money to fix it.
Old 08-20-2008, 12:11 PM

Guys i dont know what to do with this problem. I took it back to the dealer today. The technition Drove the car with me. Now they telling me different story 1st they said its downshifting now they say it could be your cluster not working right. 750 to install cluster, i told them no i walk out. I ask them i wanna fix my problem, tell me whats the problem. if its dowshifting then why the RPM going uP it doesnt happen to anyother car. why is happning to my car. They reply and said maybe ur cluster. i walk out, and told them i will swap one from junkyard and test it. I order one gonna put it myself on monday and see if that will fix my problem, if it doesnt i will inform you guys. one more question if my tranny downshifting why my Rpm jump back and forth now?. why it doesnt happen before? guys is there anyway to bring it to normal if it is the downshifting problem?
thank you all !

Last edited by sheabny; 08-20-2008 at 12:14 PM.
Old 08-20-2008, 01:31 PM

Guys i dont know what to do with this problem. I took it back to the dealer today. The technition Drove the car with me. Now they telling me different story 1st they said its downshifting now they say it could be your cluster not working right. 750 to install cluster, i told them no i walk out. I ask them i wanna fix my problem, tell me whats the problem. if its dowshifting then why the RPM going uP it doesnt happen to anyother car. why is happning to my car. They reply and said maybe ur cluster. i walk out, and told them i will swap one from junkyard and test it. I order one gonna put it myself on monday and see if that will fix my problem, if it doesnt i will inform you guys. one more question if my tranny downshifting why my Rpm jump back and forth now?. why it doesnt happen before? guys is there anyway to bring it to normal if it is the downshifting problem?
thank you all !
that doesnt sound like downshifting problem to me... you said sometimes it goes down, then shoots up 2 times before coming to a rest.. it sounds like something more sensor, or electrical related

Last edited by wyche89; 08-20-2008 at 01:34 PM.
Old 08-20-2008, 06:13 PM

go back to the dealer and ask to speak to the supervisor's boss in the service area or the general store manager, usually when you ask for that person they will treat you alot better. Don't settle for I'm sorry we can't help you! Tell them you brought your car in and got itback without the problem getting fixed. If they have changed their story then they should not charge you for a service that they screwed up on.
Old 08-21-2008, 07:22 PM

Guys thanks for all of your time ...

I just need to be more clear on this. My doubt is on my throttle body Chamber, Since the dealer put it remanufacture one. However today while i was testing to see if it is working poperly. I open my hood while the car is runing, then turn off the car and lean on the throttle body fast with my ear close enough. i heard grrrrrrrrr or khaaaaaarrrr sound b4 it shut off. So guys is it normal??? ...

Going back to delaer is pain in the ****. They does a little bit of check and oh this and that i will never go back to them and on the other hand im too soft to talk to them like that ummmmmm.

Last try before i sell that car .... So .. Please help me all you can ... Sorry to say, that was my 3rd maxima and this one was the bad one ummm!

Last edited by sheabny; 08-21-2008 at 07:25 PM.