5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

mingo industries

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2000, 05:21 AM

mingo industries will prolly be going into developement tomorrow. a cold air intake/ram air box will be in research starting tomorrow. the intake will feature a box with piping into the fender which will then have a scoop on the bottom of the car. the pipe "down pipe" that joins the scoop will feature a bend with 96degree bend. below on the on the most outer portion of the bend will feature a water release valve. this intake system is designed to work in all weather climate. the filter is incolse within' the box inside th engine bay. the prototype will be constructed out of high quality industrial strength fiber glass. in theory the box will eliminate the well known "swirling" sound most intakes produce. i will update soon on the process.
Mingo industries will be taking orders as soon as the developemental stage of the "powerbox" is completed. dealer inquirees are welcome. thank you for your attention
-Daniel Weng.
Old 11-05-2000, 06:56 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I'm interested . . .

Send me an e-mail or put up a post called something like "New CAI for 5th Gen" when you're ready to go into production. That will be easier to spot than "Mingo Industries". By the way, do you have any idea at this point how much your CAI will cost?
Old 11-05-2000, 07:32 AM

Originally posted by yo_its_ok
LOL go MINGO GO~~~!~!!~!~!
Heh, BTW R U Serious ?
Someone should make the FMIS, Front Mount Intake System, like the ones the Honda's aftermarket monkeys have.

-Peace
yes i am very serious...
and heckkk no am i gonna make that oolgy fmis.. hahah that is too ricy for me.. hahaha. wanna fake the turbo looks eh?? those arent' that great. teh reason being is. you have that filter exposed out in front. and wehn water splashes at it, it'll get the filter all soakin' wet. and the water will get the dust adn dirt that is already on the filter to creat a muddy solution. and after that dries. it'll creat a film that will then block alot of the air flow. kinda like sticking a peice of paper infront of the filter. defeats the whole purpose. plus it gets dirty real easy and u gotta clean it up all the time..

y2kse: thanx for the advice on how i should post the new product. i will post that title if not a similar title on the forums. as far as price. i say close to the cai intake. the intake itself is backed with life time warranty against rust. since it's make of either fiberglass or carbon fiber. and i'll have to set the retail price based upon the cost of materials, and also testing. i'm hoping to do a grand opening sale "intro" price for the first few intakes. so i can get some funds to do dyno's.. and an air pressure test. but theoretically the gains will be greater than the other CAI's out there. each intake will be stamped with "mingo industries" and a serial number. i'll update as soon as the developemental stage is complete. please do not rush. the worse the prototype is, the worse the end product will be. and i'm sure a few of you will be the consumers.
For dealer inquiries. you must preorder a certain amount to qualify. no samples will be given out for "testing" i myself can think of alot of schemes to get things cheap.. so don't try me on that one..
Old 11-05-2000, 07:38 AM

mingo is ths man

Yo mingo, you have to create a new front headlight setup, you now how the 2k1 sea has the bronze effect. Would it be possible to say make a chrome or body color effect.
Or something regarding lighting.

Roger
Old 11-05-2000, 07:38 AM

i'm not sure on that. but i feel safe for saying around 5-10.. i'm hafta admit.. i'm new to this so i'll be trying things out.. so excuse me if i sound rediculous at times.
Old 11-05-2000, 08:12 AM

Mingo take your time, I've developed a Y2K intake as well,(Simple straight pipe w/ 3 air connectors to Air Mass Sensor, billet adapter to another curved pipe w/ Air temp Sensor connected to another to compensate for the slight elevation change, cut a 3.5" square in the sheet metal just below the fuse box underhood, and stuck filter in there.)
Simple but effective. Even made a "heatshield" from a lincoln town car.
Good Luck Bro.

-Peace
i am extremely greatful for such helpful feed back.. and yes i will take my time. i don't plan to sell low quality products. i also am fighting for consistancy and customer saticefaction. i plan to see my customers come back to purchase the same, or other products more than twice. i am well aware of many flaws an once highly reputable company has made to drive it's potential customers away. thank you for wishing me luck. i would also like to take this chance to wish you luck as well. however i am curious about one thing.. why are you investing 4,500 into pr? what benefits do you get? are you just funding them? and what do you plan to do with my intakes? distribute? i'm real curious. if you don't feel comfortable about sharing this info on the board please drop me an email, or not if you would much rather not talk about it since it is a buisness strategy. "Give your secret, lose the game, but gain a friend. keep you secret, gain a trophy, and gain more competitors."
my product will hopefully not need a heatshield. i have taken three main things into consideration, airflow, heat, and weight.
Old 11-05-2000, 08:31 AM

thanx for the reply again.. well i'm off to bed. hahaha. was too excited about all this so i couldn't sleep. was hecka busy installing an AVc and boost gauge in my friend's supra. man that thing is somewhat complicated. the instructions were in japanese and i can't read some of it. hahaha. my brother prolly hooked up some weird wires, it can't sense throttle and some other things. gotta get new vacum lines too, the old ones are 7yrz old, and crusty cracking everytime we shove that huge nipple in. "steve millen" installed on that car before. he installed the boost guage and the mechanical boost controller. i have reinstalled off of it tho. the boost controller is replaced by the avc. and the guage is no longer mounted on the A pillar with a guage pod. i took out the stock clock and put it there. loox grand.