5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.
View Poll Results: Would you consider buying a pnp harness for installing a UTEC into your 5.5 maxima?
I have a UTEC and want this PNP ASAP!!!!
6.67%
I'm looking at tunning options and if this becomes avalible ill get it and a UTEC
56.67%
I dont plan to run a tunning device
0.83%
I have/will hardwire my UTEC into my factory harness
1.67%
What is this??????????????
23.33%
I have another car with the same Grey ECU connector and might be intrested.
1.67%
I have a 5th gen But i want a patch harness for EMU and other installs.
9.17%
Voters: 120. You may not vote on this poll

UTEC Plug and Play harness for the 5.5 !!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2009, 08:19 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I think $200-250 is a good deal. If you've seen what has to be done to solder those wires, even for a simple patch harness with one male and one female connector, you'll know. The soldering job would probably cost about $100-200 in labor alone, if anyone would even do it for you. Yes, of course we could do it ourselves, but in my case 1) I don't have the time or patience and 2) most importantly, I don't have the soldering skill/experience to do guarantee a clean, accurate job. And we haven't even talked about the fact that there are 4 harness connectors involved here. I scavenged junkyards and part outs and it cost me about $80 bucks for an ECM to hack for the male side and part of an engine harness for the female connector, which is on the lower end of the scale for those parts.

Cliffs - I'd pay the $200+ for this.
Old 04-29-2009, 09:12 AM

I have a 2000 and if you did a harness for the Emanage Blue or Emanage Ultimate I would buy it today. lol.
Old 04-29-2009, 09:21 AM
HR Swap Pioneer

Originally Posted by Puppetmaster
I think $200-250 is a good deal. If you've seen what has to be done to solder those wires, even for a simple patch harness with one male and one female connector, you'll know. The soldering job would probably cost about $100-200 in labor alone, if anyone would even do it for you. Yes, of course we could do it ourselves, but in my case 1) I don't have the time or patience and 2) most importantly, I don't have the soldering skill/experience to do guarantee a clean, accurate job. And we haven't even talked about the fact that there are 4 harness connectors involved here. I scavenged junkyards and part outs and it cost me about $80 bucks for an ECM to hack for the male side and part of an engine harness for the female connector, which is on the lower end of the scale for those parts.

Cliffs - I'd pay the $200+ for this.
Very true!! he knows what hes talking about!!!!

Thanks for the input!

Originally Posted by nismomaxct
I have a 2000 and if you did a harness for the Emanage Blue or Emanage Ultimate I would buy it today. lol.

Sounds good! thanks for voting.
Old 04-29-2009, 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by SurraTT
Very true!! he knows what hes talking about!!!!

Thanks for the input!
Only because I had everything lined up to make a patch harness for an Emanage, then I looked at the soldering job ahead of me and gave up.
Old 04-29-2009, 09:41 AM
HR Swap Pioneer

Originally Posted by Puppetmaster
Only because I had everything lined up to make a patch harness for an Emanage, then I looked at the soldering job ahead of me and gave up.

hahah true, the soldering job, is a nightmare to some

but im refusing to give up!!! for now. lololol

as we speak im trying to oder the parts to make the harness!!!! (this is the hard part)

EVERYONE Cross your fingers that all goes smoothly!!
Old 04-30-2009, 09:53 AM

I am definitely IN for this, Ill buy this before the damn UTEC lol
Old 04-30-2009, 01:18 PM

Goodluck!
Old 05-04-2009, 06:59 AM

How goes the battle, SurraTT?
Old 05-04-2009, 11:55 AM
HR Swap Pioneer

Originally Posted by VQpwrdSpeC
I am definitely IN for this, Ill buy this before the damn UTEC lol
Sounds good!!

Originally Posted by ajcool2
Goodluck!
Thanks man

How goes the battle, SurraTT?
its going.

First Post UPDATED
Old 05-04-2009, 12:46 PM

Cool its good to see progress, so the only thing holding you back is basically getting enough connectors?? That sux... well i've got money in hand when you're ready to sell one. Will you be installing the PNP harness on a vehicle before shipping?
Old 05-04-2009, 06:18 PM
HR Swap Pioneer

Cool its good to see progress, so the only thing holding you back is basically getting enough connectors?? That sux... well i've got money in hand when you're ready to sell one. Will you be installing the PNP harness on a vehicle before shipping?

Yes

I will test each harnesses in many different ways, and also plug in my own vehicle.

Im going to try to release a few harnesses soon, until the full order i place is completed.
Old 05-04-2009, 07:33 PM

You have a Altima that's IN!
Old 05-05-2009, 09:54 AM
DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS MEMBER - OWES PEOPLE MONEY

Just to give a quick review, we threw my UTEC into my car with his patch harness in about 1 minute flat to test it before hardwiring it in, and it worked perfectly. Way easier than spending 18+ hours hacking up the UTEC, the stock wire harness, extending, matching wires...

It looks great in person and he solders every connection so nice quality as well. $250 would be a steal for the amount of hours/work and the base price of the connectors he will be putting into these. Remember other companies sell patch harnesses for 350+ for almost any application.

If you think $250 is too expensive then you don't need to own one, you can go the "cheap" route like I did. If you ever want to remove your UTEC or have any resale value on it or even keep the TXS warranty, you'll have to go with a patch harness, though. It would take more hours to uninstall my UTEC than it took to install it... lol
Old 05-05-2009, 12:11 PM

^Totally agree with you, how is your car running have you gotten to dyno tune yet?
Old 05-05-2009, 01:11 PM
DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS MEMBER - OWES PEOPLE MONEY

^Totally agree with you, how is your car running have you gotten to dyno tune yet?
I have no real need for tuning on a dyno although it would be somewhat useful to get the timing exact. I have a wideband and tons of info on what timing makes power on these engines. I'm going to be datalogging and fine tuning with UTI at the track this saturday if the weather holds out.

I've got it pretty well tuned as is and my car definately seems a good bit quicker than on map 0 (stock tune). I'm running around 26* timing over the whole powerband and solid 13.5s up to 5700 then letting it richen up to around 13.0-13.1 until redline.
Old 05-06-2009, 07:05 AM
Banned

i would be interested. Less headaches just as long there wouldnt be any issue with the actual harness and the solder points
Old 05-06-2009, 09:24 AM
HR Swap Pioneer

Originally Posted by 2002AltimateV6
You have a Altima that's IN!
Sounds good!

Originally Posted by sparks03max
Just to give a quick review, we threw my UTEC into my car with his patch harness in about 1 minute flat to test it before hardwiring it in, and it worked perfectly. Way easier than spending 18+ hours hacking up the UTEC, the stock wire harness, extending, matching wires...

It looks great in person and he solders every connection so nice quality as well. $250 would be a steal for the amount of hours/work and the base price of the connectors he will be putting into these. Remember other companies sell patch harnesses for 350+ for almost any application.

If you think $250 is too expensive then you don't need to own one, you can go the "cheap" route like I did. If you ever want to remove your UTEC or have any resale value on it or even keep the TXS warranty, you'll have to go with a patch harness, though. It would take more hours to uninstall my UTEC than it took to install it... lol
Thanks for the input John!!!

Originally Posted by SpooledVQ35
i would be interested. Less headaches just as long there wouldnt be any issue with the actual harness and the solder points
Sounds good!

The Male side on the plug, is normally soldered to the ECU circuit board im soldering directly to the pins, and using heat shrink over that. And im going to use a epoxy resin the seal off the whole end of the male connector. This will give it form, strengthen it, and the wires/soldered joints will be even more secure.

Will have a update soon, with final designs, and i'm still waiting on final pricing from the manufacture.

Thanks again everyone!!

Last edited by SurraTT; 10-20-2011 at 03:58 PM.
Old 05-07-2009, 08:29 AM
HR Swap Pioneer

Made Some Progress!!!!

Things are looking good for this project!!!!!!

as always YOUR! input is welcome

thanks Everyone!
Old 05-07-2009, 11:05 AM

Like i said before, money in hand... Just let me know when you have one available. Thanks for doing this hope it works with my car, I dont see why it wouldnt... Everything is basically 02 maxima (ECU, MAF, engine...)
Old 05-07-2009, 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by nismomaxct
Truth!

How much would it be to make a one-off patch harness for an '01 SE 5MT/Emanage Ultimate?

Last edited by MoncefA33; 05-07-2009 at 11:23 AM.
Old 05-07-2009, 11:22 AM

So let me get this straight, are you making these yourself, or are you having a Company Mass Produce these at a certain cost?
Old 05-07-2009, 12:26 PM
HR Swap Pioneer

Like i said before, money in hand... Just let me know when you have one available. Thanks for doing this hope it works with my car, I dont see why it wouldnt... Everything is basically 02 maxima (ECU, MAF, engine...)
It should work just fine. Your ECU harness came from a 02 also?

Originally Posted by MoncefA33
Truth!

How much would it be to make a one-off patch harness for an '01 SE 5MT/Emanage Ultimate?
Im going to offer this also, because i will already have the parts. It will come shortly after this pnp is out. I will make another thread on it though. so if you have any more questions on it please pm me, or call me. Thanks

Originally Posted by STILLENGLE
So let me get this straight, are you making these yourself, or are you having a Company Mass Produce these at a certain cost?

Im making the harness. When i was referring to the 3000 and sort, that was the actual ECU connector parts (pins, frames, covers, housings, etc)
Old 05-07-2009, 12:34 PM

Yep '02 harness
Old 05-07-2009, 01:00 PM

are all the Greddy Management systems compatiable, with these PNP besides just the Greddy E-Manage system, because it be cool to use the V-manage since its strictly for VVT Engines. otherwise it be wise to use a Nissan Consult, but I don't think everyone wants to go to the dealer to give them 20 bucks or whatever to advance the timing 2 degrees.
Old 05-07-2009, 01:14 PM
HR Swap Pioneer

are all the Greddy Management systems compatiable, with these PNP besides just the Greddy E-Manage system, because it be cool to use the V-manage since its strictly for VVT Engines. otherwise it be wise to use a Nissan Consult, but I don't think everyone wants to go to the dealer to give them 20 bucks or whatever to advance the timing 2 degrees.

This PNP Harness works only with the Turbo XS UTEC thats made for 350Z's
Old 05-07-2009, 01:23 PM

This PNP Harness works only with the Turbo XS UTEC thats made for 350Z's
I know that, but you mentioned making a Greddy Harness as well for the E-manage, I was just asking if that were the case if the E-ultimate or V-Manage are compatible with the Greddy Harness you"ll be making soon.
Old 05-07-2009, 01:45 PM
HR Swap Pioneer

I know that, but you mentioned making a Greddy Harness as well for the E-manage, I was just asking if that were the case if the E-ultimate or V-Manage are compatible with the Greddy Harness you"ll be making soon.

As of right now, i was just going to make a "patch harness" but eventually i might offer Greddy PNP kits as well
Old 05-10-2009, 06:23 AM
HR Swap Pioneer

Im just wondering how many people currently have a UTEC that's not installed, or cut???

If so would you please send me a pm.
Old 05-10-2009, 08:06 PM

i dont even have one but plan on getting one
Old 05-10-2009, 08:35 PM

i know nothing about this system so i did some research.

TurboXS 350Z-UTEC NISSAN 350Z UTEC Engine Management

The Z UTEC is a Plug and Play Parallel Engine Management System. Designed to work together with you factory ECU. The UTEC gives you the ability to let the factory ECU drive the car under normal cruise conditions then take over when you are ready for the power in a flawless manor. This gives you like stock drive-ability with the advantages of a powerful stand-alone system. The UTEC allows you to maintain OBDII compliancy as well.

just for others that are like me, that needed more info on UTEC. i'm interested and would like to see some actual progress on a complete running install.
Old 05-10-2009, 09:00 PM

As soon as I have the harness in hand I will be getting one soon.
Old 05-12-2009, 06:09 AM
HR Swap Pioneer

Originally Posted by 02nismaxlegnd94
i know nothing about this system so i did some research.

TurboXS 350Z-UTEC NISSAN 350Z UTEC Engine Management

The Z UTEC is a Plug and Play Parallel Engine Management System. Designed to work together with you factory ECU. The UTEC gives you the ability to let the factory ECU drive the car under normal cruise conditions then take over when you are ready for the power in a flawless manor. This gives you like stock drive-ability with the advantages of a powerful stand-alone system. The UTEC allows you to maintain OBDII compliancy as well.

just for others that are like me, that needed more info on UTEC. i'm interested and would like to see some actual progress on a complete running install.

good idea!

Originally Posted by Kgkeen101
As soon as I have the harness in hand I will be getting one soon.

The Location of the ECU on sentras is different. so Im not sure where a UTEC would go, i doubt it will fit in the area the ecu is.
Old 05-12-2009, 06:21 AM

Still havent found time to get you those pics. I will try today...
Old 05-13-2009, 01:39 PM

I am in. I have the Utec, but no way of connecting it. I hope this harness works on the 02 altima se.

Last edited by vqaltima; 05-13-2009 at 03:22 PM.
Old 05-14-2009, 06:03 PM
HR Swap Pioneer

Originally Posted by vqaltima
I am in. I have the Utec, but no way of connecting it. I hope this harness works on the 02 altima se.

In theory it should work just fine. but i will have to fully test it.
Old 05-15-2009, 10:56 PM

In theory it should work just fine. but i will have to fully test it.
right but due to the fact, that its essentially the same engine the pin-points maybe different, it may have a different ECU then the max. correct!
Old 05-17-2009, 07:39 PM

I want one of these harnesses badly. So do most people on here just use the 350zx intake/exhaust maps just to get the car going before a dyno with a UTEC?
Old 05-17-2009, 07:43 PM

right but due to the fact, that its essentially the same engine the pin-points maybe different, it may have a different ECU then the max. correct!
Same ECU.
Old 05-17-2009, 08:03 PM

How do I get one of these harnesses?
Old 05-18-2009, 11:53 AM
Demodded and Forgotten

What is the E.T.A.?

Quick Reply: UTEC Plug and Play harness for the 5.5 !!!!