5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

5th Gen Max Factory Speakers.......

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2001, 09:49 AM

5th Gen Max Factory Speakers.......

Hey everyone. I was wondering....I'm looking at maybe upgrading the speakers in my 2K1 Max. I have a GXE but with the upgraded stereo that comes with the Convenience package. I was wondering though, before I did that, does anybody know what kind of speakers the factory speakers are?? I haven't pulled the doors off yet, but I know alot of you may have,,,,Any info on the factory speakers could help me...thanks D-MAN
Old 11-22-2001, 10:17 AM

Re: 5th Gen Max Factory Speakers.......

Originally posted by DMAN11
Hey everyone. I was wondering....I'm looking at maybe upgrading the speakers in my 2K1 Max. I have a GXE but with the upgraded stereo that comes with the Convenience package. I was wondering though, before I did that, does anybody know what kind of speakers the factory speakers are?? I haven't pulled the doors off yet, but I know alot of you may have,,,,Any info on the factory speakers could help me...thanks D-MAN
I have an 02' and was able to replace the front door mids with mb quart seperates. I left the stock pillar tweeter and mounted the new tweeter on the triangular plastic piece at the front of the door. It sounds AWESOME! I do not know if the 01' runs 4 ohms on the doors, but would assume so. If in doubt, pull the front speakers and run an ohm load on them with a meter. Good Luck.
Old 11-22-2001, 11:07 AM

Re: Re: 5th Gen Max Factory Speakers.......

Thanx ehughes
I actually have an idea of what separates I will be using, but just wanted to know what "kind" of speakers are originally in the Max. Like, were they panasonic, delco, infinity, or what?? Usually there is some writing on the back of the speakers,,,,did yours have any on them?? As for the MB Quarts you installed, did you say you kept the original tweets too? So you have 4 tweets and the 2 new mids in the doors?? That sounds pretty cool, bet your music is screamin with highs, huh? And what about the rears,,,did you change them too? Thanx again,,,,,,D-MAN
Old 11-22-2001, 11:50 AM

The factorys are clarion.
Old 11-22-2001, 01:55 PM

If you have bose option, you can stick in 6 3/4 speakers in. If you don't, you need bose brackets or some ghetto rig and install your aftermarkets in that. w/o the brackets your aftermarkets may not mount properly or clear the window when your roll them down.

Purchase brackets (about $9/bracket) here or your friendly local dealer
http://www.oem-car-parts.com

Speakers and stoof...
http://www.crutchfield.com

kden,
bp
Old 11-22-2001, 10:56 PM

Thanx Max'n....

Originally posted by max'n out
The factorys are clarion.

Thanx for answering the question that I asked. Have you changed your speakers out,,,,is that how you know? Or is this second hand info??? Again, thanx for the reply....D-MAN
Old 11-23-2001, 10:55 AM

Re: Thanx Max'n....

Thanx for answering the question that I asked. Have you changed your speakers out,,,,is that how you know? Or is this second hand info??? Again, thanx for the reply....D-MAN
Yes my factorys are gone and thats how I know.
Old 11-26-2001, 07:47 AM

Re: Re: Re: 5th Gen Max Factory Speakers.......

Thanx ehughes
I actually have an idea of what separates I will be using, but just wanted to know what "kind" of speakers are originally in the Max. Like, were they panasonic, delco, infinity, or what?? Usually there is some writing on the back of the speakers,,,,did yours have any on them?? As for the MB Quarts you installed, did you say you kept the original tweets too? So you have 4 tweets and the 2 new mids in the doors?? That sounds pretty cool, bet your music is screamin with highs, huh? And what about the rears,,,did you change them too? Thanx again,,,,,,D-MAN
My factory tweets are Clarion, the paper mids were unmarked. I was concerned the highs would be too much, but they are actually just right. The MB's allow for three different gain levels on the tweets at the crossover. I chose the middle. I have not replaced the rears...yet. I will probably do another set of MB's Refs. The difference in seperation and clarity is night and day between the stock set up and the MB's. Enjoy the sound.
Old 11-26-2001, 01:52 PM

easier way to do the speaker

is that you take the factory one out.. cut around the white plastic ring.. just cut the stock speaker off... then crazy glue the new speaker on the plastic ring... works perfect for me...
Old 11-26-2001, 01:55 PM

Re: easier way to do the speaker

Originally posted by Max2000
is that you take the factory one out.. cut around the white plastic ring.. just cut the stock speaker off... then crazy glue the new speaker on the plastic ring... works perfect for me...
Good idea...Gotta love the Crazy Glue!
Old 11-26-2001, 02:03 PM

Re: Re: easier way to do the speaker

Originally posted by ehughes
Gotta love the Crazy Glue!
Sniffing Only

Otherwise, I recommend a bead of silicone and/or epoxy and then screwing the speaker to the factory mount too. Otherwise, the super glue will eventually crack from the mid-bass pounding.

ADMAN
Old 11-26-2001, 02:11 PM

Re: Re: Re: easier way to do the speaker

Originally posted by adman

Sniffing Only

Otherwise, I recommend a bead of silicone and/or epoxy and then screwing the speaker to the factory mount too. Otherwise, the super glue will eventually crack from the mid-bass pounding.

ADMAN
Liquid Nails is stronger and no mixing. Although you probably can't beat Silicone... That stuff is strong smell'in!!!!
Old 11-26-2001, 03:14 PM

Krazy Glue

and liqid nails is a bit exesive.