5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

damn steVTEC

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2001, 08:40 AM

damn steVTEC

damn SteVTEC

Here's your own post from your own fourms!!! I don't get it, you come to this board praising the maxima and even post how you wan't to get one but you back stab the org. and say all this ishhizle about the max and nissan. Bro i have no problem with you but damn i thought you were better than that!! Peace

http://www.superhonda.org/board/sho...ighlight=altima
__________________________________________________ __________

I really hate it when people complain about their Accord V6's being slow and then lust after the new Altima 3.5 5spd or Maxima 3.5 6spd.

If some of you guys were really after speed that much then you shouldn't have bought an Accord V6 to begin with. The Maxima has long been available with a 5spd, and the Camry V6 was too (but not anymore).

If I was all about speed then I would have bought a 2001 Maxima SE 5spd instead of my Accord and said to hell with my problems with the Maxima styling. I would run high-14's/low-15's stock, and with mods I would be putting out as much power as the new 2002's and running mid-14's as well...

You guys can all go buy Nissan's if you want and put up with their crappy dealer service, cheapy interior (Altima), and flakey cheap-@ss paint (Maxima, maybe Altima too), and other retarded Nissan-isms (trust me, there are many, I hang out at Maxima.org quite a bit...).

I'm sticking with my Accord V6
__________________________________________________ __________
BTW: this has already been posted in ot(TAG)
Old 11-26-2001, 08:44 AM

SteVTEC is voicing his opinion. Like it or not, what he says is true. He owns an Accord, but also is a Maxima fan and he does get my respect.
Old 11-26-2001, 08:59 AM
Dyno plot says I have the most area under the Administrator curve

hmm...well let's see.

1) You guys do have to put up with crappy dealer service.
2) The Altima's interior IS very cheapy.
3) The Maxima DOES have crappy paint (www.nissanpaint.com)
4) Other retardisms...bose system that increases volume when it gets quieter instead of reducing it??, very large turning circle, missing fuel splash guard thingy?, fuel-cut issue on 5spd just now being solved, short-shifting automagic that robs performance, etc...)

I'm not "backstabbing" the .ORG. I think this is a really good place. And anybody that comes here to hang out and shoot the shia long enough will have picked all of these things up.

But I can be objective too.

The interior of my Accord V6 has too damned many squeaks and rattles. It ****es me off. The interior on the Maxima is of much higher quality.

And the top-end isn't nearly as good on the Honda V6 as on the VQ30DE, something I'm still jealous of. Our power peak is at 5500rpm, but the VQ30 is like 6400 and pull much harder and stronger up to redline than the J30A1 in the Accord V6. I wish we had a dual-stage intake manifold like you guys, but we don't. Oh well.

I still love the Maxima, in spite of all of its shortcomings (no, it's not perfect either) and I would still buy one to this day in spite of all of these things if it wasn't for the fact that I have NO right leg movement freedom. That's one reason I bought an Accord V6 to begin with...

I fit much better in the Altima but can't stand the interior. Hopefully Nissan will score a homerun with the next-gen Maxima and maybe I'll get one then. But for now, Nissan isn't getting any of my money

BTW, talking shia, at least IMO, is when you make things up that aren't necessarily true. My criticisms of the Maxima are true, so I stand by them. My criticisms of the Accord are also true, so you nobody can really call me out for talking shia (unless their definition differs from mine) because all I state is the truth.

Old 11-26-2001, 08:59 AM

He wasn't trashing Maxes. Every one of those things he mentions are things we talk about. Why are you trying to start a fight on the board? Not cool.
Old 11-26-2001, 09:07 AM
Got Bent?

what car is perfect?.. I see no problem in pointing out short-comings of the maxima.... We have all complained about them here, so what difference does it make if someone else does it on another board.
Old 11-26-2001, 09:20 AM

First off In no way am i starting a flame war. Second steve your real good at faking jacks, I like how your naming the probs of the accord now and praising the max. You make me laugh!!. Here is a little something, i don't get you post how you want a six speed : http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....threadid=78025 then on the honda board you say the same ish you said above. It's not only myself that thinks this now, it's alot of influential people on the board. http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....threadid=80336

This again is not a flame,it's just something to point out and it is something i can't figure out. Peace ( i got no beef)
Old 11-26-2001, 09:22 AM

Everything he said sounds legit to me...I've never had problems with a new car like I have had with my Max.

Steve- If you don't like squeaks and rattles come take a cruise in my car...that will change your view real quick on the Maximas interior.....My dash rattles, groans and clicks like there is no tomorrow! Not to mention the rear deck shelf...omg...never though a car for this price would sound like this!

And lets not even get started on the brakes or the Auto slipomatics...

Engine is nice though
Old 11-26-2001, 09:49 AM

You see all cars have problems including honda's and nissan's however i don't think nissan has as much probs as you mention. I have a 2000 max se 5-speed and i have had no problems just like many on the board.The 5th gen is new and yes we did have a few problems, Your comments about the max sound biased.I have the new consumer reports buyer's guide and the maxima had the best ratings you could get in the trouble spots, as for the honda accord it had minor problems with the tranny. Plus my Nissan dealer service is great!!. I can get a deal on my max. Can you bargin with nissan as you can with honda............... NO!! am i saying all nissan's are better then honda's............NO!! Is the 2000 maxima better then the 2000 honda Accord v6. Shoot if you wan't to go by the ratings..............yes!! Do i think it's better.............I don't like to judge . Btw readers please read my post carefully and check out the links. Respect to all
Old 11-26-2001, 10:04 AM

Originally posted by TAGURIT
First off In no way am i starting a flame war. Second steve your real good at faking jacks, I like how your naming the probs of the accord now and praising the max. You make me laugh!!. Here is a little something, i don't get you post how you want a six speed : http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....threadid=78025 then on the honda board you say the same ish you said above. It's not only myself that thinks this now, it's alot of influential people on the board. http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....threadid=80336

This again is not a flame,it's just something to point out and it is something i can't figure out. Peace ( i got no beef)
Dude just drop the subject.
Do you have to drive Steve's car?
Are you in charge of Steve's Life?
No then leave it be.
Some people on the .org don't realize this but keep things to yourself. If its your **** then do what you gotta do. Don't let anyone say you can't do something or not because it doesn't see fit to their eyes. Just let things be.
Who cares what Steve drives? He could drive a yugo and we could care less. He just expressing his opinions just like everyone else.
Old 11-26-2001, 10:10 AM
PhatGuy

Originally posted by SteVTEC
hmm...well let's see.

1) You guys do have to put up with crappy dealer service.
2) The Altima's interior IS very cheapy.
3) The Maxima DOES have crappy paint (www.nissanpaint.com)
4) Other retardisms...bose system that increases volume when it gets quieter instead of reducing it??, very large turning circle, missing fuel splash guard thingy?, fuel-cut issue on 5spd just now being solved, short-shifting automagic that robs performance, etc...)

I'm not "backstabbing" the .ORG. I think this is a really good place. And anybody that comes here to hang out and shoot the shia long enough will have picked all of these things up.

But I can be objective too.

The interior of my Accord V6 has too damned many squeaks and rattles. It ****es me off. The interior on the Maxima is of much higher quality.

And the top-end isn't nearly as good on the Honda V6 as on the VQ30DE, something I'm still jealous of. Our power peak is at 5500rpm, but the VQ30 is like 6400 and pull much harder and stronger up to redline than the J30A1 in the Accord V6. I wish we had a dual-stage intake manifold like you guys, but we don't. Oh well.

I still love the Maxima, in spite of all of its shortcomings (no, it's not perfect either) and I would still buy one to this day in spite of all of these things if it wasn't for the fact that I have NO right leg movement freedom. That's one reason I bought an Accord V6 to begin with...

I fit much better in the Altima but can't stand the interior. Hopefully Nissan will score a homerun with the next-gen Maxima and maybe I'll get one then. But for now, Nissan isn't getting any of my money

BTW, talking shia, at least IMO, is when you make things up that aren't necessarily true. My criticisms of the Maxima are true, so I stand by them. My criticisms of the Accord are also true, so you nobody can really call me out for talking shia (unless their definition differs from mine) because all I state is the truth.

6spd 3.5L!

Old 11-26-2001, 10:11 AM

TAGURIT,

I come to Maxima.org because I have always been a big Maxima fan. It was the Maxima (not a Porsche, Ferarri, or other sports car) and nothing else that made me an auto enthusiast in the first place. I thought it was awesome that the Maxima was the fastest 4 door family sedan in the world and could get to 60mph in under 7 seconds. I remember the commercials for the old Gen3's with a guy in a business suit taking colleagues to lunch and day dreaming that he was racing through cobblestone roads in Europe. Do you remember that commercial? I do... That's what made me an auto enthusiast. And what made me a Japanese auto enthusiast was that I remember looking at specs for GM's 3.1L V6 with a whopping 135HP at the time, and then comparing that to the Max SE's smaller 3.0L V6 with 190HP and thinking "god, American cars SUCK, Japanese cars rule!!" This was all at the age of 14 or so and I subscribed to R&T back then too...

It's 10 years later now, I'm still a huge Maxima fan, but I drive an Accord :-( Why??

Anyways, my relationship with the Maxima is one of love and hate. There are quite obviously a lot of things I love about the car, like its performance, class, and image. But at the same time there are a lot of things that I hate about it (read above) and unfortunately those things were enough to get me into a different car.

So whereas the Maxima is a "love and hate" thing for me, the Accord is more of a middle ground car where everything works out for me the best and I won't be complaining about lack of knee room or missing splash guards. But the "passion" just isn't there, but that's okay. That's what a woman is for. LOL The list of things I love about the Maxima is longer than the list of things I love about my Accord. Unfortunately, the list of things I don't like about the Maxima is also longer than the list of things I don't like about the Accord.

As for bias, yes, you'll see me posting in different "modes" becaue I post in quite a few different forums. When I post here it's because I like to chat about the Maxima and how cool it is and not dwell on its weak spots. And when I post on SuperHonda or AccordV6.com it's because I chat about the Accord V6 and how cool it is and not dwell on its weak spots, either.

I reading on this board for quite awhile I was a bit nervous posting for the first time here, "Hello from Accord Land," (was using my old SN back then) because of obvious bias against "Honduh" owners in general, but I was a Maxima enthuisast too and still wanted to be able to hang out and talk Maxima with you guys. Walking on ice, I did what I always did and kept my posts truthful, objective, and fair.

Now if you want to see trash talking, just look for some of the old TL-S/CL-S vs. 2000-2001 Maxima 5spd threads and see what kind of trash some of these Acura guys will talk. And none other than yours truly ripped those guys a new one, even though I'm a "Honda/Acura" owner fighting against Acura guys on a Maxima board!!

Pretty funny, eh?? hehe

Anyways, I'm a Japanese import fan, and a hater of all BS no matter whose mouth it comes from, and that pretty much describes me
Old 11-26-2001, 10:14 AM

Originally posted by PhatGuy
6spd 3.5L!
don't fit!!
Old 11-26-2001, 10:22 AM

Who the hell here understands what i'm saying?
Old 11-26-2001, 10:42 AM
PhatGuy

I see both sides! You drive a Max he drives a Honda. He won't be getting a Max and still has his Honda. He knows the 6spd 3.5L rocks but won't be getting it since it doesn't fit him right. He knows as well as his Honda guys that the 6spd Max will destroy any stock North American Honda or Acura cars other than the NSX.

Old 11-26-2001, 11:03 AM

I do, but who cares??

I have a lot of different opinions and viewpoints and depending on which board you go to you'll see that.

"I love the Maxima." :-)
"I hate the Maxima." :-(

Both of these are true statements from me, and depending on which board I'm on I'll state different opinions or argue different points. One thing I'll never do is lie to or BS people.

If you see me truely talking trash about the Maxima and saying a load of crap to someone about how the Accord V6 will smoke a Maxima and blah blah blah then that's bs - feel free to flame me out.

But you're calling me out for just having opinions!

argh

They say, "opinions are like a$$holes, everybody's got one." Since I have a lot of different opinions does that mean that I have more than one a$$hole??
Old 11-26-2001, 12:57 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Old 11-26-2001, 01:11 PM
Very sound, Mike

I really don't see where SteVTEC was wrong. His arguments are correct and he makes the same arguments that we, here at the .Org, say ourselves about the Max.

I used to own a Honda myself and did visit a lot of forums albeit cautiously. I too know the pro's and con's of owning a Honda and at this point a Nissan (maxima).

To reiterate what Steve just posted:

I love the Maxima and i hate it as well, obviously because of the pro's and con's of it.

I could also easily say the same thing about the last Honda that i owned.

In any case, we're all happy with what we have and what we want to have so let's just keep the peace going
Old 11-26-2001, 04:38 PM

I've always enjoyed reading SteVTEC's posts,
and I respect his opinions. I can also understand his perspective.
I drive a 2k1 Accord V6, and I've also ordered a 2k2 HLSD 6spd Max.
Neither car is perfect, but I like them both. Thanks, SteVTEC for
contributing to this board!
Old 11-26-2001, 10:46 PM

It's cool to have a guy with a different, but intelligent, viewpoint on Maximas. Just getting sick of the ClubSI guys