5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

:D Lemme hear it

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2009, 07:29 PM

any set date on the installation?
Old 08-28-2009, 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by Grand_hustle17
because i wasnt going to be the one messing with the stock manifolds and i saw these for $250 new so i figured why not. Im not in the least curious if i will make any gains or not, im more than sure i will and im sure the gains will be similar to those of auto's, i dont really get caught up with all the small things ppl say on this forum, "unequal length", "stickers", what the "brand" is, "coilovers breaking in two peices" i do agree that there are somethings that are better than some but that is most often over used by ppl that really dont know too much and just feel to have some kind of input, but all in all, i didnt want to pay twice for installation, and to smoking talking about a job, its way easier to say "get a better job" i get paid enough to take care of my bills and to keep a shelter over my head, srry i cant spend freely as most ppl, i have never had to use a credit card on my car, i can put a little to the side for my car, so yes in times like this ur gonna always here me say im broke, i just budget good enough to take care of important stuff and keep my car looking good and performing as well also... i am glad that u guys keep my thread going though, i really do appreciate it
I'm not really seeing how this is related. Just wondering why you don't fix your car up fist?
Old 08-28-2009, 07:34 PM

but secretly wants me to fail
You have enough problems already,

Like I said, good luck.
Old 08-28-2009, 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by tookrzy4u192
any set date on the installation?
Im shooting for this coming Monday... i dont really have to set an appointment, just gotta call the owners cell the night before and let him know when he see's my car the next morning with keys in the drop box what its for
Old 08-28-2009, 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by MIK3
I'm not really seeing how this is related. Just wondering why you don't fix your car up fist?
i did, my car isnt broken, i was just answering u and smokinmax at once lol, i was leakin oil from my valve covers and i changed em, my car started misfiring, and i fixed that, then because of the misfire it blew my precats so now im installing headers, i have no CEL or anything
Old 08-28-2009, 07:54 PM

i did, my car isnt broken, i was just answering u and smokinmax at once lol, i was leakin oil from my valve covers and i changed em, my car started misfiring, and i fixed that, then because of the misfire it blew my precats so now im installing headers, i have no CEL or anything

Oooh, k. Didn't realize you were answering Smokin's question as well. This makes more sense.
Old 08-28-2009, 08:05 PM

cant really pay him any mind though, he says whatever to get me started lol
Old 08-28-2009, 08:11 PM

im known by damn near the whole DCmax heads, and a lot of outter state orgers also, NC, SC, NY, CHI, all ova, everbody will tell ya, im a cool and collective guy, i dont really take too much to heart nor do i let words get to me, (not 99% of when ppl critisize) it all cool
OK then. I'll be sure to look you up and shake your hand at Maxus2010.

You'll be the guy with the Yosemite Sam t-shirt, right?
Old 08-28-2009, 08:11 PM

How about everyone just worries about their own car? He's posting about HIS headers on HIS car. If he wanted OBX headers it was his choice. 3.0 Headers, HIS CHOICE, no one else's. As stated in the first sentence " We know you love your hotshot / cattman, I do too. Lets keep the comments to ourselves". Apparently we have some of the blind in this thread. Point being, it was created to finally reslove the "equal length y pipe drama". Either he MAKES equal hp, or he doesn't. Simple as that. concluding he won't or this purchase of his was an epic fail, well.. please provide ANY evidence of this. No offense, but for the euqal length 3.5 obx... don't hate people because he paid half the price down the line and made nearly the same hp GIVE OR TAKE certain rpm ranges.. Good luck with the headers. Hopefully your car runs like a champ after.
BUMP awaiting ACTUAL EVIDENCE of the equal/unequal answers..
Old 08-28-2009, 08:43 PM

I would also love to hear how your results turn out. I think everyone should stop getting caught up in the name brand stuff or I got the best one out there. If you payed 900 dollars for your headers and he payed 250 dollars and you make 2 or 3 more horsepower who got shanked? Not all of us out hear can drop 900 dollars for headers and are ok with a close equivalent as long as its not total garbage. Not everyone can go out and get the best job in the world either if that was the case we would all be rich and not having this conversation. I hope everything works out decent and like you said in my opinion its a win win situation for you.
Old 08-29-2009, 03:15 PM

i told you i would sell them, but they come with the car..mmm 6spd hlsd..

sorry sr lol if somebody (not calling names) would've sold their hotshots i would've had my dream setup lls
Old 08-29-2009, 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by e-subliminal-2
How about everyone just worries about their own car? He's posting about HIS headers on HIS car. If he wanted OBX headers it was his choice. 3.0 Headers, HIS CHOICE, no one else's. As stated in the first sentence " We know you love your hotshot / cattman, I do too. Lets keep the comments to ourselves". Apparently we have some of the blind in this thread. Point being, it was created to finally reslove the "equal length y pipe drama". Either he MAKES equal hp, or he doesn't. Simple as that. concluding he won't or this purchase of his was an epic fail, well.. please provide ANY evidence of this. No offense, but for the euqal length 3.5 obx... don't hate people because he paid half the price down the line and made nearly the same hp GIVE OR TAKE certain rpm ranges.. Good luck with the headers. Hopefully your car runs like a champ after.
BUMP awaiting ACTUAL EVIDENCE of the equal/unequal answers..
Im glad you understand what the point of this thread was, most people say it wont give any gains but have no proof that they dont, i couldnt see why everybody is mad that im doing this, it would be my loss to share knowledge with the forums and it comes out of nobody elses pockets, i wish i could have somebody test every mod before i buy it, everybody is always skeptic of these headers and want to see proof before you would ever think to buy, and here i am doing as most dream but yet i get ished on
Old 08-29-2009, 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by HotshotVQ35
i told you i would sell them, but they come with the car..mmm 6spd hlsd..
O.k... will u take my car for the trade???
Old 08-29-2009, 05:30 PM

sure..just give me 10k and i will burn ur barely running pos online

O.k... will u take my car for the trade???
Old 08-29-2009, 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by nismowolfe
I would also love to hear how your results turn out. I think everyone should stop getting caught up in the name brand stuff or I got the best one out there. If you payed 900 dollars for your headers and he payed 250 dollars and you make 2 or 3 more horsepower who got shanked? Not all of us out hear can drop 900 dollars for headers and are ok with a close equivalent as long as its not total garbage. Not everyone can go out and get the best job in the world either if that was the case we would all be rich and not having this conversation. I hope everything works out decent and like you said in my opinion its a win win situation for you.
The funnyiest thing is that this wouldnt be the first time that i've done this, and i understand how cars and performance works, when i first join this forum i had an auto 4th gen and the big thing back then was that 4th gen makes no extra power with headers just do Y, i also went out and not only got headers, i bought the Ebay headers with Y for it, my 4th gen mods are Ebay intake, Ebay headers, Custom 2.5" catback, motostorm crank pulley, and LSS test pipe and we dynoed the car and its was 189whp and 182tq (thats what i saw some 4th 5spds doing at the time with the bigger brands, some even had 00VI's) car ran 14.9 auto with 2.2 60' (the person i sold it to ran the car) not only did i stop there (if you look in my profile pics both test cars are still in some of my pics) my best friend has a 98 auto that had the exact same brand intake, a Y-pipe (budget or warpspeed i forgot) same custom exhaust, same crank pulley same test pipe (honestly i kinda swagga jacked all his mods cause he had it first, we both lined the cars up (on a private road) and ran em, the result wasnt even close, i had him by probebly 3-4 cars and if you ask 24Kondaway why he went and bought headers he would tell u the same story, im not trying to write the longest paragrah or anything, but im not even the slightest bit worried that i wont make the same power as the equal length Y's much less no power at all, i just cant wait to show you guys what i've been preaching for a long time... i very confident, and if it dont i will admit and come out and tell the truth, im not ashamed nor afraid...
Old 08-29-2009, 05:35 PM

sure..just give me 10k and i will burn ur barely running pos online
barely running, i would've loved to have whooped up on more 6spds at maxus, i just hope most of yall wont be talking ish now but when they track at maxus yall hide in a shell... i would'nt even give u 10K for your car even if my life depended on it
Old 08-29-2009, 05:55 PM

better yet tookrzy4u192 has the same exact mods like i do and he says he was doing 200whp auto, squirell82 (my good friend) has cattman headers and exhaust and he dynoed 234whp auto at maxus09 (im not sure what other mods he has but those were his two power mods) idk what the corrected numbers were but ill set my expectations to fail just to make everybody happy... if i dont dyno higher than 234whp my purchase was a failure an ill be the first to say the obx was the worst header system ever made for any car
Old 08-29-2009, 05:57 PM

you cant afford 10k no less a 50 buck dyno which is beyond pathetic
last i read you cant even fix your own ride..u must still live at home..

barely running, i would've loved to have whooped up on more 6spds at maxus, i just hope most of yall wont be talking ish now but when they track at maxus yall hide in a shell... i would'nt even give u 10K for your car even if my life depended on it
Old 08-29-2009, 06:06 PM

i do live at home, anybody here dont have a home maybe i live by myself and i actually have bills, maybe you actually live at home why you are so rich... appearently you have reading problems because i clearly stated that my problem was fixed... srry im 22yrs old and is independent and pay my own rent and own the same car like u do (baller), last i checked you couldnt keep a job, seems like my future is brighter... yes i cant afford a $50 dyno ur point???
Old 08-29-2009, 07:03 PM

Let me set the record straight for everybody, my car is NOT broken, i really dont care for how much power my car makes right now so i wouldnt even waste my money to dyno right now, i really dont have to let you guys know if the headers make power or not, im not paid by maxima.org nor OBX to show any power difference in these headers, this is just out of my good will that i will risk my own money to install these and share the info, whether or not i post it here, the car will be dynoed after the headers install, so if everybody knows for a fact that my car is such a peice of ish and these headers wont help i could just keep the information to myself, it benefits me not one bit to let you guys know... honestly i really dont even have to dyno my car and we will never know anything from here on out... im use to the internet, and i understand that ppl will be big and bad over it, i play games online also, but if it is already a fact that what im doing is a waste of time then i guess i will ask the mods to close this thread up cause it makes no difference... if magically the headers were to talk and told me it would break the next day after i install, it still wouldnt change my mind on the install so i really dont have to post anything on here, i know there are ppl on here who would love to kno (and why not, Knowledge is power) but i dont have to share it if u dont want... cool, we can leave it at, OBX is ish, cattman is THEE ish, you love ur setup, i love mines and thats it...
Old 08-29-2009, 07:24 PM

if you decide not to post it on here.. could u pm me the results? lol.. let the haters hate..
Old 08-30-2009, 03:45 AM

you cant afford 10k no less a 50 buck dyno which is beyond pathetic
last i read you cant even fix your own ride..u must still live at home..
I'm sorry, some of us (unlike you) don't run straight to the dyno every single time we get a mod put on our car. Let's stay on track guys and try to keep this thread as mature as possible...
Old 08-30-2009, 04:29 AM

yeah, i goto the dyno every day been there ONE time, with just an intake and did 218 whp 228 tq..havent been back since...

Originally Posted by e-subliminal-2
I'm sorry, some of us (unlike you) don't run straight to the dyno every single time we get a mod put on our car. Let's stay on track guys and try to keep this thread as mature as possible...
Old 08-30-2009, 06:38 AM

Originally Posted by tookrzy4u192
if you decide not to post it on here.. could u pm me the results? lol.. let the haters hate..
for sure lol
Old 08-30-2009, 08:12 AM

Jesus ya'll are rough.

I fail to see why everyone is ******* on him for spending his own money.

So maybe you have Cattman headers. So what? You blew all that extra money if he manages to pull 1-2 HP lower than you. And it's coming out of his pocket for this experiment...so I really don't see what's wrong in everybody else's eyes.

Give it a rest. I thought the point of this forum was to share ideas and ways to make up for the lack-thereof of mods for our gen Maxima.

Or maybe I'm just not used to the org's sense of humor.
Old 08-30-2009, 08:14 AM

Man ....they look jus look the obx V2s......u will be aite....anytime u remove the pre cats off these cars...u will make some power...expect between 230 & 240whp with the mods u have now.....

when u put them on we hitting the dyno....
Old 08-30-2009, 08:31 AM

yeah, i goto the dyno every day been there ONE time, with just an intake and did 218 whp 228 tq..havent been back since...
lol...what a jackass....

what kinda numbers u putting down....im positive i dyno more than u with my OBX headers
Old 08-30-2009, 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by datdude20
lol...what a jackass....

what kinda numbers u putting down....im positive i dyno more than u with my OBX headers
You've gotta forgive him. He's from Long Island. He's bound to have a short temper.
Old 08-30-2009, 12:03 PM

maybe you cant read, i only dyno'd with an intake years ago, and havent been back since..

Originally Posted by datdude20
lol...what a jackass....

this comment coming from a hick in TN?

Originally Posted by SLCPunk267
You've gotta forgive him. He's from Long Island. He's bound to have a short temper.
Old 08-30-2009, 12:18 PM

i was already going to do headers even if nothing was wrong with my car for the performance purpose and in that my precats are now wrecked gives me a better reason to, or better yet, makes me more urgent about the installation of these headers... so whether i make an extra 20+whp or 0whp, i still benefit because my car wont be choking and it will probebly burn less oil because of it, not to mention the gas mileage increase so i have plenty good reason to install these, plus unlike you, plenty of the 5.5 guys are curious to see numbers also
The oil burning is permanent. It's from debris flaking off your precat and getting sucked back into the engine because the precats are so close to the exhaust ports.

The debris enter the cylinder and scratch it, causing the rings to not be able to seal as well.

More power to you for actually taking the steps to physically show results instead of just talking.

But I don't believe that we should base our opinion off of your after dyno due to the fact that your car is apparently misfiring or something.

You may dyno lower than you should.
Old 08-30-2009, 12:33 PM

maybe you cant read, i only dyno'd with an intake years ago, and havent been back since..

this comment coming from a hick in TN?
Hick? Too bad I'm originally from NY.

Born and raised.
Old 08-30-2009, 12:45 PM

its crazy how there is no OBX header thread that can say mature, and its always the ppl who dont own the headers that ruin em lol... but to keep the thread in tact, where can i get wires to extend my o2 sensor wires??? and where can i get an o2 bung???...
Old 08-30-2009, 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by Unklejoe
The oil burning is permanent. It's from debris flaking off your precat and getting sucked back into the engine because the precats are so close to the exhaust ports.

The debris enter the cylinder and scratch it, causing the rings to not be able to seal as well.

More power to you for actually taking the steps to physically show results instead of just talking.

But I don't believe that we should base our opinion off of your after dyno due to the fact that your car is apparently misfiring or something.

You may dyno lower than you should.
hmmm... understood, so is there anyway to fix that other than a new motor??? im pretty sure with low numbers everybody would've loved to flame
Old 08-30-2009, 01:17 PM

since i contributed to going OT, let me help ya out. do the obx have bungs for the rear o2s? or will you simulate them like most people do? as for o2 bungs, go here
http://www.jegs.com/p/JEGS/JEGS-O2-S...51058/10002/-1

as for the wire, iirc, it is a special type of wire. since i fawked up my o2 on the front header, i just used the wire from the damaged one..

its crazy how there is no OBX header thread that can say mature, and its always the ppl who dont own the headers that ruin em lol... but to keep the thread in tact, where can i get wires to extend my o2 sensor wires??? and where can i get an o2 bung???...
Old 08-30-2009, 01:21 PM

cool, i guess the install will be put on hold seeing as though these bungs are a must order thing, i did hear that the wires are of some special sort, i dont know what to do as far as that goes, the shop thatwas suppose to be doing the install is all out of the wires
Old 08-30-2009, 03:02 PM

no i can read.....u cant comprehend....i was simply saying i am sure that i make more power than u with my obx headers now...i was talkin bout two years ago...im talkin bout the setup u have now.....dork...lol

so u go hit a dyno with ur current set up then let me know what u make ...i promise u its not more than me with my "cheap" headers....lol
Old 08-30-2009, 03:35 PM

Maxus10 should be so well...
Old 08-30-2009, 03:47 PM
VQ30 DE T

Maxus10 should be so well...
Old 08-30-2009, 03:55 PM

i somewhat wish i had the confidence to do this install myself but seeing how the valve cover job turned out, im definately not even going to look at the stock headers in the engine bay
Old 08-30-2009, 04:14 PM

since i contributed to going OT, let me help ya out. do the obx have bungs for the rear o2s? or will you simulate them like most people do? as for o2 bungs, go here
http://www.jegs.com/p/JEGS/JEGS-O2-S...51058/10002/-1

as for the wire, iirc, it is a special type of wire. since i fawked up my o2 on the front header, i just used the wire from the damaged one..
Iirc, there's a thread floating around somewhere where a guy used spark plug anti-foulers to mount his O2 sensors. I don't remember what his results were, but I've heard of this being done on a few occasions. I think you can buy the anti-foulers a little cheaper than you can those O2 bungs. They just take a little modification to get the sensors to fit right.

Quick Reply: :D Lemme hear it