5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

:D Lemme hear it

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2009, 04:37 PM

at the butthurtedness here.

I don't get why this escalated into a personal conflict.

Why must everyone go and hate on each other? Drama...I'll just sit here and wait for some dynos to be posted. Hustle do you have anything lined up or any ideas for tuning?

OT:BTW Grand hustle can you PM me a review about your Ksport coilovers you had on your '00? How the ride was, the noise yada yada. Thanks.
Old 08-30-2009, 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by MoncefA33
at the butthurtedness here.

I don't get why this escalated into a personal conflict.

Why must everyone go and hate on each other? Drama...I'll just sit here and wait for some dynos to be posted. Hustle do you have anything lined up or any ideas for tuning?

OT:BTW Grand hustle can you PM me a review about your Ksport coilovers you had on your '00? How the ride was, the noise yada yada. Thanks.
I don't think anyone's being serious. Or at least I hope they aren't.

I wasn't.
Old 08-30-2009, 04:52 PM

im trying to get my hands on a SAFCII as i post, the headers might be in before i get the SAFC or VAFC but when dyno day comes hopefully ill have it by then, if not i guess ill do it as is... we are trying to get a dyno day put together in MD, there is a shop where if we can get 10 cars then its $50 3 pulls, i dont think that includes tuning but we'll see
Old 08-30-2009, 08:15 PM

Bottom line, he's doing an experiement for the rest of us. So no more bs talk about how your cattman's are SOO much better because you spent an hour less installing them. Congrats, some of us don't BS about spending some work and muscle to save some money. As well as make the same power. quit bs'n. I'm pretty sure all the cattman folks (no offence) are tripping because they're afraid these are going to make equal power. give or take, big whoop. Just like they hated on the v2obx headers for the 3.5 and dyno'd similar number, Big whoop. Suck it up. You got cattmans and you're gonna hack on him for getting OBX headers, gtfo, no one cares what YOU'RE set up is. This thread is specifically for HIS headers to see the number HE puts down to better educate us orgers about these headers.
Old 08-30-2009, 10:17 PM

wish i could afford headers .... =[ those look awesome
Old 08-31-2009, 06:10 AM

^^^ yea its just gonna be a pain to install... though its a pain to install headers of any brand on a max.... these are just harder LMAO!!!
Old 08-31-2009, 05:50 PM

So i started on the headers at about 6:15pm this evening and so far im just still working on getting the rear heat shield off, bolts were rusted and starting to strip, i really dont have a good technique for getting stripped bolts off so ill just be trying to pry the heat shield hoping to get em off, so far two of em popped out, just waiting for the last one to pop off (and to think the hard part was putting the headers on) only been working at it for about an hr and some change based on the time i started... hopefully tomorro bring some luck...
Old 08-31-2009, 08:07 PM
HR Swap Pioneer

hmmm

im waiting to see how this goes.

NOW i know why ppl buyin 3.0 obx, shoot for that price, i might even do it. but then again, i might just gutt the pre catts
Old 08-31-2009, 10:43 PM

Lemme know if your Y doesn't line up to your front header. If so some car jacks are going to be needed, similar to mu_036spd.

Also, There have been numerous threads about gutting pre cats.. Some say you gain, some say you lose.. Considering the size of the chamber and the size of the 2.25 exhaust pipin gettin large than small etc..
Old 08-31-2009, 11:10 PM

Good luck man, After you take down your Rear Manifolds off. all the hard stuff is done.
Old 09-01-2009, 01:10 AM

I've said it before and I will say it again "Maxima header thread always go to ****"

Hustle Good Luck Bro.... Those heat sheids are a *****. I removed those bolts with a strip bolt kit from Auto Zone (I think) Most of them just sheard off, I wont be using them again anyway.
Old 09-01-2009, 08:38 PM

well the Job is 80% done, only have two bolts left for the rear manifold, anyways im tryna wrap up tomorro i kinda got some sad news... while at i2visious2 (who helps and is doing majority of the work) house, i got a call from family members telling me my Mother was rushed to the Emergency room, severe head ache almost fainted, i got in on almost none of the information but basically they are going to have to do some kind of spinal tap to check for something IDK... when it rains it pours, but just keep her in prayers also, she doesnt seem to be doing too good, after medications pain seems to still be lingering, ill be back out to the hospitol sometime in the early morning
Old 09-01-2009, 08:44 PM

but to stay on topic with the install... of coarse the bolt were the actual worst, actually spun the whole entire stud out with the nut (and thats exactly how it will go back in ) i've been txting MU almost 50 times per second lls but he's also helped a ton, but of coarse i got pics

The stud i spun out

Rusted and will stay rusted lol

Basically bent the heat shield off breaking alll the bolts lls

also changing the radiator fluid

Old 09-01-2009, 08:46 PM

The Reason why i know there will be gains lls

ill try to think of snapping more pics
Old 09-02-2009, 12:28 AM

looks like it is going well so far, hopefully no other issues come up. Hope the issue with your mothers headaches can be resolved soon, and I hope they can find whatever it is that is causing it and remove it/treat it.
Old 09-02-2009, 04:31 AM

hope so too... i've been awake all night, she's been transfered to another hospitol so i'll be going down there today, hopefully i can get some wrenching in
Old 09-02-2009, 06:37 AM

I've had a couple of those studs come out like that. Hope your fam is well....
Old 09-02-2009, 03:45 PM

Good luck with family hustle.

quick question... are the headers I ordered the same or different than yours?

http://cgi.ebay.ca/OBX-Header-02-03-...d=p3286.c0.m14

also, I didnt realize you have to buy a new bung. I thought you could move the old one lol... so I can take it to an exhaust shop and they can take care of the bung pretty cheap? What wires did you pick up for the sensor?

I have to drive over an hour out of town for my uncle to do my install and it HAS TO BE DONE in 1 day because I cant go home if its not finished... I gotta make sure I get everything good to go before I drive out there and start tearin parts off.

and I would say dont even bother replying to those bashing you for ur headers... I think if you ignore they will prob go away
Old 09-02-2009, 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by nzelinsky
Good luck with family hustle.

quick question... are the headers I ordered the same or different than yours?

http://cgi.ebay.ca/OBX-Header-02-03-...d=p3286.c0.m14

also, I didnt realize you have to buy a new bung. I thought you could move the old one lol... so I can take it to an exhaust shop and they can take care of the bung pretty cheap? What wires did you pick up for the sensor?

I have to drive over an hour out of town for my uncle to do my install and it HAS TO BE DONE in 1 day because I cant go home if its not finished... I gotta make sure I get everything good to go before I drive out there and start tearin parts off.

and I would say dont even bother replying to those bashing you for ur headers... I think if you ignore they will prob go away
Different. Those are the 3.5 headers and he is installing the Gen II 3.0 ones. Both setups are made by OBX though. Search just a little the info is out there for what will need be needed to install the ones you bought.
Old 09-02-2009, 06:42 PM

I sprayed all of my bolts with PB Blaster like 20 minutes before I took them off.

Helped with the rusty ones.
Old 09-02-2009, 07:21 PM

Well, after spending most of the day in the Emergency room, i got to wrench'n a bit, the headers is on and yes fitment was a biiiiiiiiiiiiiiitch but thats why we paid less for right... honestly it seem to me as if the only relly hard part about headers is gettn the stock manifolds off (nissan seem to love bolts that rusts easily) its suttn you definately need 2 ppl for, chris (i2vicious2) took a pic of what came out of the pre cats, i couldnt because my phone was dead, anyways with putting the headers on the bolts in the main cat are broken, so i was riding around on open headers and what sounds like some sort of exhaust leak, fun though (feels more powerful but that could be because i was driving a civic all day ) there is still more to do, but the hard work is done (Thank God, i feel like a damn mechanic now lls) most of the credit though to I2vicious2 but ill share the pics he sent to my phone
Like the fitment lol

This is what came out of my rear precat (of coarse not the hammer and gaskets and all the obvious crap)

My car could've probebly been done already but my main focus is my mother right now, things seem to be getting worst, Doctor found bleeding and it might be coming from the brain, they started tests after i left so ill find out tomorro, i would love to be talking to her now but im sure rest is more needed so ill let the guys do their jobs and wait til the morning to find out more when i go up to the hospitol... please ppl, keep her in prayers, scary moment
Old 09-02-2009, 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by Grand_hustle17
Well, after spending most of the day in the Emergency room, i got to wrench'n a bit, the headers is on and yes fitment was a biiiiiiiiiiiiiiitch but thats why we paid less for right... honestly it seem to me as if the only relly hard part about headers is gettn the stock manifolds off (nissan seem to love bolts that rusts easily) its suttn you definately need 2 ppl for, chris (i2vicious2) took a pic of what came out of the pre cats, i couldnt because my phone was dead, anyways with putting the headers on the bolts in the main cat are broken, so i was riding around on open headers and what sounds like some sort of exhaust leak, fun though (feels more powerful but that could be because i was driving a civic all day ) there is still more to do, but the hard work is done (Thank God, i feel like a damn mechanic now lls) most of the credit though to I2vicious2 but ill share the pics he sent to my phone
Like the fitment lol

This is what came out of my rear precat (of coarse not the hammer and gaskets and all the obvious crap)

My car could've probebly been done already but my main focus is my mother right now, things seem to be getting worst, Doctor found bleeding and it might be coming from the brain, they started tests after i left so ill find out tomorro, i would love to be talking to her now but im sure rest is more needed so ill let the guys do their jobs and wait til the morning to find out more when i go up to the hospitol... please ppl, keep her in prayers, scary moment
Hope everything pulls out and works out with you mother man....
Old 09-02-2009, 07:30 PM

Yea, im really really nervous, its been 48hrs with absolutely no sleep, im tired, yet another morning in the ER, im pissed cause the car was really bad and non functional during this whole thing so i couldnt just drive to the hospitol even if i wanted to... i just dont want her to think i dont wanna be there and start gettn worried about that too, i tell her try to keep her mind free of everything, nothing else matters to me right now... nothing
Old 09-02-2009, 07:34 PM

Yea, im really really nervous, its been 48hrs with absolutely no sleep, im tired, yet another morning in the ER, im pissed cause the car was really bad and non functional during this whole thing so i couldnt just drive to the hospitol even if i wanted to... i just dont want her to think i dont wanna be there and start gettn worried about that too, i tell her try to keep her mind free of everything, nothing else matters to me right now... nothing
I feel you man, ill keep her in my prayers man.....keep us updated man.
Old 09-02-2009, 09:29 PM

i cant wait til this thing is all said and done... im now tired
Old 09-03-2009, 06:16 AM

much luck to you bro. this is def a great feat for ya. many prayers to you and your family bro. get some rest
Old 09-03-2009, 03:35 PM

+1 from me. Stay stromg
Old 09-03-2009, 05:02 PM

Denver, just keep a positive attitude and let your mom know you are thinking of her constantly.
Old 09-03-2009, 05:04 PM

Like the fitment lol

Good thing its no suprize.
Old 09-03-2009, 05:06 PM

yea i told her, thanks guys, she's doin way better now, got a bit of energy and hopefully she'll be out tomorrow miday
Old 09-03-2009, 05:51 PM

keep us informed
Old 09-03-2009, 07:22 PM
Toolie

the wires used for o2 sensors are stainless steel. If you have any luck finding that let me know. I've been searching for ages and I cannot find a place to sell small gauge insulated stainless steel wire.

BTY, since you guys bought the headers on ebay why not search for the bungs there too?
Old 09-03-2009, 07:49 PM

That's exactly what I meant when I told you the front headers and Y wouldn't line up. Oh well, nothing 2 car jacks couldn't fix:$ hahaha.
Old 09-04-2009, 08:29 AM

i got em on, no car jacks neither, pry bar was needed though, you can get the bung from the dealer $8 they will most likely have to order it... pt#14052-21R00 if anybody else ever needs it... i welded mines though
Old 09-04-2009, 09:12 AM

Have you test driven the car yet?
Old 09-04-2009, 12:34 PM

Old 09-04-2009, 12:36 PM

Open headers yes... feels faster but i tell everybody it could just be because im driving a civic in the mean time lol
Old 09-04-2009, 01:23 PM

Good luck GrandHustle with your situation.

From the looks, the flex section isn't "lined."
Old 09-04-2009, 01:38 PM

Open headers yes... feels faster but i tell everybody it could just be because im driving a civic in the mean time lol
If you tested with headers uncorked you're going to be dissapointed once you hook it up with the exhaust. uncorked is going to give the best power
Old 09-04-2009, 09:32 PM

^^^ well i have a MAJOR exhaust leak right now, i did drive it a bit and i did WOT i tell you what, i know for a fact that there is similar gains, im blown however that the same stud that spun out on me wont line up to go in the motor lol gotta loosen all the rear bolts to try and get it in (thats where my leak is) not only that, i only have 3 o2 sensors hooked up, need more wires to extend it so i have a temporary bung in place, the car feels really sluggish and boggy sometimes because of the o2 and the leak, but when i WOT the thing actually picks up now, can wait to get everything straight and track and dyno...

Quick Reply: :D Lemme hear it