5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Two words I never thought I'd say: Sprint Booster

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2010, 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by Rochester
Beats me, Jason. Booster = Fun.

This thread is fun, too.
no way. am I feeling youre backing off?
Old 07-21-2010, 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by jasonmax
no way. am I feeling youre backing off?
From what? I'm in a happy place with the Sprint Booster. You're the one trying to dig me out of it. So the real question is, why?

Is it just Org fun? That's a valid answer, I suppose.
Old 07-21-2010, 12:47 PM

From what? I'm in a happy place with the Sprint Booster. You're the one trying to dig me out of it. So the real question is, why?

Is it just Org fun? That's a valid answer, I suppose.
if you swear by it, at least prove it. otherwise it means nothing.
Old 07-21-2010, 12:52 PM

if you swear by it, at least prove it. otherwise it means nothing.
If you can disprove how much I like this thing, do so. (How, I don't know?) Otherwise, your dismissal means nothing.
Old 07-21-2010, 12:54 PM

If you can disprove how much I like this thing, do so. (How, I don't know?) Otherwise, your dismissal means nothing.
awwww, this is no fun. Im outta this.
Old 07-21-2010, 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by SoonerFan

stop being so buttsore when someone with more knowledge that you, and has made more positive contributions, disagrees with you

i contributed my knowledge in the 6 years before you joined
When was the last time you contributed anything positive or passed on any knowledge? 2005?

The basics of what Rochester is saying is, that he never would have installed it him self, hes not interested in performance gains only fun, and to go try it for your self. What does that have to do with your almighty knowledge and contributions 5 years ago on this forum.
Old 07-21-2010, 01:06 PM

Act 1. Negativity (rinse & repeat)
Act 2. Feigned Dismissal
Act 3. Shocked Defense

It's like a Broadway play that runs the same skit over and over. (Yawn) All this attention, but no adulation.

Act 4 is usually last call, where the villain slinks away off stage.

"As my guide and I watched from the bushes..."

He does the same routine in EVERY thread he posts in, its the most annoying thing I ever read on this forum.
Old 07-21-2010, 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by crystalline
When was the last time you contributed anything positive or passed on any knowledge? 2005?

The basics of what Rochester is saying is, that he never would have installed it him self, hes not interested in performance gains only fun, and to go try it for your self. What does that have to do with your almighty knowledge and contributions 5 years ago on this forum.
speaking of fun. would replacing the throttle pedal with a button that only toggles between no throttle and full throttle much fun?
Old 07-21-2010, 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by crystalline
Thank you, Sir. I feel like Barbie in the Toy Story credits.
"Oh, my gosh, my cheeks are killing me. I can't keep smiling like this anymore."
Old 07-21-2010, 01:26 PM

this thread really went to ****...how unusual for a sprint booster thread. people that want proof dont get it and people that love smoke up their *** go to a happy place
Old 07-21-2010, 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by Gemner
this thread really went to ****...how unusual for a sprint booster thread. people that want proof dont get it and people that love smoke up their *** go to a happy place
Or... people with their head up their *** get smoked.

It's all in how you look at it.
Old 07-21-2010, 01:55 PM

Old 07-21-2010, 02:02 PM

Or... people with their head up their *** get smoked.

It's all in how you look at it.
weird, I didnt realize where exactly where you had gone until just now

Old 07-21-2010, 02:09 PM

Now that's actually pretty funny! The graphic is a little crude, but the humor is good. Some people understand nuance better than others.

Thanks for playing!
Old 07-21-2010, 02:16 PM
dot dot dot ...

Seriously. I could buy another Sprint Booster.
And program it for your brakes

So where does this plug into?
Old 07-21-2010, 02:17 PM

The funny thing is after the booster was installed we all sat around with a beer discussing the implications of making a thread about it...So all these responses were predicted.

You can't prove a feeling...You can't prove you love something so whats the point in asking for proof of a changed feeling?

Try it, if you like it then great...if you don't then you've lost nothing.
I tried it, I didn't feel the difference...No biggie
Old 07-21-2010, 02:19 PM
dot dot dot ...

So where does this thing plug in to?
Old 07-21-2010, 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by NmexMAX
So where does this plug into?
It just clips between the accelerator pedal harness and the pedal unit. It takes more time to wedge yourself under the dashboard than it does to install it.
Old 07-21-2010, 02:26 PM

you know what? I might get one. $300 bucks is sooo much than drugs that make me happy.
Old 07-21-2010, 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by MaximusTi
The funny thing is after the booster was installed we all sat around with a beer discussing the implications of making a thread about it...So all these responses were predicted
for sure. if youve been in this forum long enough you know that starting a thread about the sprint booster is a mistake, the path has been traveled enough that you know the result
Old 07-21-2010, 02:39 PM

^Based on previous interactions you two seem more like allies than enemies...just sayin

Last edited by Nexus67; 07-21-2010 at 02:45 PM.
Old 07-21-2010, 02:44 PM

F5

Last edited by Mr. Brett; 07-21-2010 at 02:47 PM.
Old 07-21-2010, 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by SoonerFan
give it a couple days and we will agree on something
quoted for truth lol
Old 07-21-2010, 03:09 PM
dot dot dot ...

Sugarfree RB FTW!
Old 07-21-2010, 03:16 PM

I think it's hilarious that the .Org will make five pages of posting over a tiny little piece of electronic equipment.

Sooner running off at the mouth, trying to argue an opinion. Just like he tried telling me that H&R springs are a 'good choice' even though me and nearly everyone else thinks otherwise.

Rochester likes the Booster. Sooner likes sagging springs that let him pretend he's driving a Buick.

Totally subjective and qualitative experiences, people like to debate to no end.

The difference here, is that Sooner thinks he's a badazz and claims that Rochester feels threatened by him, but how can you be a badazz if your "badazz" catalyst is Firefox/Explorer/Google Chrome?
Old 07-21-2010, 03:24 PM

i like where this is going
Old 07-21-2010, 03:29 PM
Cletus

That's very possible. Likely, even.

See, after I replace the Maxima, I'll be moving on. But you, by your own admission, you'll still be here. Even more irrelevant than today, if that's even possible.
so when i replaced the maxima, all my knowledge about 5th gens went with it? i have to stop posting now?

i havent seen you post one thing that shows you have any knowledge...just opinions and complaining about me
Old 07-21-2010, 03:37 PM

reminds me of doug on my350z, just there to terrorize those who are willing to be terrorized
Old 07-21-2010, 03:38 PM

Welcome to Maxima.org. Where originality is frowned upon, and personal opinions are completely unacceptable.

Old 07-21-2010, 03:38 PM

This thread is pretty entertaining
Old 07-21-2010, 03:44 PM

ok what the hell????

this thread started this past sunday about the sprint booster, and now it ended up with soonerfan and Rochester and the gang taking jabs at each other!!!

no wonder so much info gets lost on the .org , all the newbs have fish through posts and posts of jabbs.

entertaining nonetheless though.
Old 07-21-2010, 03:45 PM

wow.. this escalated quite quickly lol...

sooner.. not sure if u remember me, but i used to post on here all the time when u still had ur maxima,.. and when irish and puppet were mods ,...

all i can say is this.. rochester is a very rational person.. who does alot of research on the maxima, is very knowledgable and who usually treats noobs and noob topics the same way you do.AND has been here long enough to where I trust his decision about his maxima,...that being said..

will I buy a sprint booster? prob not,.. but do i value his opinion more then most? ..yes

not sure if that means anything to you,.. but just thought I would add my .02 cents in,...
Old 07-21-2010, 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by Gemner
reminds me of doug on my350z, just there to terrorize those who are willing to be terrorized
You get enough people together, and you'll eventually find one.

Peace out. Dinner time.
Old 07-21-2010, 03:47 PM

Damn, the war continues...

Screw it: ibtl
Old 07-21-2010, 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by SLCPunk267
Welcome to Maxima.org. Where originality is frowned upon, and personal opinions are completely unacceptable.

this isnt true, its just that the majority that are still around from a while back and hold a lot of information on the 5th gen are mostly interested in performance, so sometimes if you have something thats not performance related you may risk being ridiculed. im still trying to prove that the z33 IM with spacer and manifold work is better than a really well done SSIM and port matching, which kind of got me up **** creek a while back, but sooner or later I will show either way. you just have to be able to substantiate your claims here and something that is based on feel just cant have the performance substantiated since it offers no real performance increase
Old 07-21-2010, 03:48 PM

You get enough people together, and you'll eventually find one.

Peace out. Dinner time.
I just got popcorn and you leave?
Old 07-21-2010, 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by 5 ltr. beater
ok what the hell????

this thread started this past sunday about the sprint booster, and now it ended up with soonerfan and Rochester and the gang taking jabs at each other!!!

no wonder so much info gets lost on the .org , all the newbs have fish through posts and posts of jabbs.

entertaining nonetheless though.
sooo true. this is why all the good info is found in the AM forum, where this kind of thing generally doesnt happen
Old 07-21-2010, 04:11 PM

That's very possible. Likely, even.

See, after I replace the Maxima, I'll be moving on. But you, by your own admission, you'll still be here. Even more irrelevant than today, if that's even possible.

lulz
Old 07-21-2010, 04:17 PM

Wow, this thread really went sideways (as expected), but it took longer than I had expected.

I don't have time to refute everything in this thread, but I'll try to hit on a few points. Since there are so many (mainly due to repetition) please apologize for the curtness.

Originally Posted by knight_yyz
Originally Posted by 2slow
Especially since the response (power output) can be replicated with increased pedal depression.
Prove that please. Because I know you are wrong. You cannot replicate how the sprint booster feels by mashing the pedal.
Feels? You mean gives you more output (torque/power/acceleration) at lower pedal movements? If so, everyone can replicate an increase in output with increasing pedal application.

..., so all you have is an opinion.
Actually that's all you have, an opinion/feeling it works. The facts are on the sprint booster website and corroborate the posts of those you disagree with (it sort of 'amplifies' the pedal position signal; not technically correct, but close enough).

It eliminates throttle lag, and mashing the pedal to the floor does not eliminate throttle lag. Reflashing the ecu like technosquare, reduces throttle lag, and the spring booster eliminates throttle lag. If you push the pedal halfway to the floor and it takes 10 seconds to respond, then pushing the pedal all the way to the floor will still take 10 seconds to respond.
The sprint booster does nothing to reduce throttle lag, which is the time delay caused by the controller measurement, processing and throttle plate motion. The product changes the correlation between the actual accelerator pedal position and pedal position feedback; something like this (from the other thread):

Just out of curiosity, do either of you test-drive cars before you purchase them? Because you really don't have to, it seems.
Not every product need be tested to know how well it works; if you have a reasonable understanding of it's technology/method.

I keep seeing people post the same stupid ****e. "There is no throttle lag", "if you want to eliminate throttle lag, push the pedal a little farther", etc....
This has nothing to do this throttle lag; see above.

Everyone, and I mean everyone who has tested this product on the Maxima, and the G35 and the BMW's that I have talked to love this product. Everyone was skeptical just like most of you. 95% of the people who have tested the booster bought one. The other 5% want one but don't want to pay full retail price or just couldn't afford it. I have not personally heard of any complaints from the people I have helped buy one of these. I have sold over 60 through 3 different forums and not a single person said this is BS thanks for wasting my time. They all had the same reaction. "Holy crap it really does work!"
Not this guy: (BTW, talking to people that love a product will give a one-sided response)

Originally Posted by MaximusTi
However, in my car I did not notice a tangible change. Being that my car does have an F-Spec TS Flash that may have been the reason I did not have the same reaction as John, but it was clear that he definately noticed a change in his car. Having met him in person he doesn't seem the type to exaggerate.
Only one person in here that has been bashing the product has actually used the sprint booster and said he didn't like it. But it sounds to me that he bought a new "mod" and instead of testing it before hand to see how his car reacted, just plopped it in the car and went autocrossing. He assumed there would be no learning curve and that he would not have to change his driving habits a little bit. Maybe it sucked on the crossfire, or maybe the driver had zero patience. Or maybe he should have tried the product before a "race day" to get a feel for how much it remapped his throttle.
Oh snap, I just got served...

True, but I was trying to point out that there has only been one person in here beside you and I who has actually tried the product. And it seems from his comments that he only gave it 5 minutes
And again...

Or you made a world of assumptions to skew the story to your liking. My original story was accurate, although I claimed it 'took up lag', which should be loosely interpreted as increased output. Notably, my assessment is based upon more than a few minutes of driving, even though I doubt anyone would need much time to become acclimated as you claimed.

Originally Posted by 2slow
It made small throttle applications, or variations of, very sensitive which affected ability to smoothly start the vehicle and modulate part throttle applications (greater than 50%). These experiences caused us to remove the sprint booster, which made the vehicle much easier to drive (auto-cross).
It feels to me more like 2slow is stuck in an ideological box. It also seems he's comfortable there... and that's fine, he's a good guy and he's happy.

Or is he? His arguments are uncharacteristically energetic.

Let's see what's next from our friend, 2slow.

(BTW, this thing belongs in my mod list, right next to the short-throw shifter. Thanks again, Ray.)
It's not an ideological box, its a technical/physical box constrained by the laws of nature/physics.

My enthusiasm for this topic stems for the reason I visit this forum: to help others by providing good information. The desire to provide good information encompasses the desire to also refute bad information. This isn't my first thread where I've told someone they're wrong.

speaking of fun. would replacing the throttle pedal with a button that only toggles between no throttle and full throttle much fun?
Only if it also switched off the brakes.

Silly little Org'ers.
You're really going there?

The fracture stemming this thread's argument is pretty simple: those opposing know it doesn't do the things (or act by the methods) the supporters think it does. It will certainly make the car feel different, like a short throw shifter, but it has negatives.

Ironically with the STS analogy, the people of this forum would rather modify their transmission shift arms to save the ~$75 for a STS; how does this product's value fit?

No matter where you are, half the people will have below average intelligence levels. (not directed at anyone specific, just seemingly appropriate).
Old 07-21-2010, 04:20 PM
Cletus

o snap

Quick Reply: Two words I never thought I'd say: Sprint Booster