5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

JayPee I'm coming for you.

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2010, 04:48 PM
DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS MEMBER - OWES PEOPLE MONEY

Originally Posted by Rochester
I had to go look up who this JayPee guy is. He's some racer who hangs out in the 1/4 mile forum. So I bounced through a few of his threads, and... wow!

His cars and his track times are some pretty impressive stuff.
Yep currently the fastest N/A 5.5 gen. He will probably re-break his record now with cams. I'll hopefully be able to solidify my #2 spot for the "NA 5.5 gen" list pretty soon, especially if I go all out track prepping my car as JayPee/krazy6 has showed us is very effective in gaining ET/mph.

My next track visit will probably be full weight and power steering connected, though, to compare changes I've made from previous track visits effectively (all my previous times were full weight with PS connected).

Originally Posted by clashez1983
Yea thanks sparks for the info i got it down to KYB-GR2 with Sprint or Progress Technology spring it's real hard to pick a spring
You might just save money going with the "cattman coilovers." Give him a call and have him quote you. Don't remember what strut brand he uses, but the springs are Progress. Maybe you can also order some "nos" from him
Old 12-30-2010, 05:56 PM

He currently is the fastest 5.5 n/a manual maxima......
Old 12-30-2010, 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by perkman87
He currently is the fastest 5.5 n/a manual maxima......
lol fastest 5.5 NA any maxima. I guess we can split up auto and manual so you can pretend to be fast
Old 12-30-2010, 06:16 PM

You could almost make the argument that no one cares who has the fastest AT Maxima.

This is the kind of thing you say, then hide behind the couch, right?

Old 12-30-2010, 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by sparks03max
lol fastest 5.5 NA any maxima. I guess we can split up auto and manual so you can pretend to be fast
Oh good! That makes us modded 4AT guys feel better
Old 12-30-2010, 06:23 PM

You could almost make the argument that no one cares who has the fastest AT Maxima.

This is the kind of thing you say, then hide behind the couch, right?

Sure John, but I'd put money up for my car against yours
Old 12-30-2010, 06:26 PM

You might just save money going with the "cattman coilovers." Give him a call and have him quote you. Don't remember what strut brand he uses, but the springs are Progress. Maybe you can also order some "nos" from him
The entire assembly is Progress designed and built
Old 12-30-2010, 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by jowo9
Sure John, but I'd put money up for my car against yours
Virtual Racing... Free the Whales.
Old 12-30-2010, 06:49 PM

Um you've never heard of bench racing? All the pro ricers do it.

This is basically how it goes. The initiator lists their mod list (or makes it apparent with a sweet sig), including weight reduction, tires and HP granted by said mods, then lists examples of mad driving skills like beating Mclaren F1s and stuff. The other racer then does the same, but presents reasons why they would win. You then flame each other until there's a clear winner.
Old 12-30-2010, 07:03 PM

This is basically how it goes. The initiator lists their mod list (or makes it apparent with a sweet sig), including weight reduction, tires and HP granted by said mods, then lists examples of mad driving skills like beating Mclaren F1s and stuff. The other racer then does the same, but presents reasons why they would win. You then flame each other until there's a clear winner.
No, no, nothing like that. I've raced before and had less that expected times/traps... I'm just saying there's no reason to be dissing on us auto guys . In my opinion, that can be as bad as 'virtual' or 'bench' racing...
I'm just trying to make a point.
Old 12-30-2010, 07:32 PM

No, no, nothing like that. I've raced before and had less that expected times/traps... I'm just saying there's no reason to be dissing on us auto guys . In my opinion, that can be as bad as 'virtual' or 'bench' racing...
I was making fun of perkman for having to add that JayPee's car is a manual.

Honestly, the automatic has more potential for drag racing. With the right wheel/tire combination, transmission mods, and torque converter, it has been proven time and again on almost every single car platform that automatics will ET faster than manuals (albeit slightly more drive train loss resulting in slower traps). In the new 370Zs and BMWs, the automatics are faster out of the box. On the Camaros/Firebirds, it takes a torque converter and shift kit (4AT vs 6MT, just like us).

Aaron and Jime have already proven it for maximas. However, none of the 5.5 gen AT guys have yet stepped up to doing what is needed to be competitive and/or faster than the MT guys and many continue to act like they're at a disadvantage. With the same boltons as JayPee or myself, plus a suprastick, valve body upgrade, 4000+ (preferably closer to 5000) stall torque converter such as the one that Edge is making for Aaron, 22" slicks on 15" wheels, I would bet everything in my savings account on an auto setting the new record. The toys needed to make an AT fast doubtfully cost much more than my flywheel/clutch combo did.

All that said, I do feel the need to make fun of you auto guys when you feel the need to be segmented from the manuals in order to set a record and so that you don't compete with manuals. 13.6@10X. That is the auto "record." If my maxima were to become my project/race car, I would sell my loaded titanium edition 6mt and swap over to a base model non-sunroof automatic and work on the list of changes in my previous paragraph so that I could both go faster and bracket race with it. Sadly, it's my daily driver and my project/race car will not be fail wheel drive and will include god's gift to engines (LS-x derivative). It will also have an automatic transmission. Thus far, our "fast" drag racer AT guys are more interested in bling or BBKs than going fast, but eventually someone is going to come out of the woodwork and shock people.

Last edited by sparks03max; 12-30-2010 at 07:44 PM.
Old 12-30-2010, 08:14 PM

Berry funny.

Sounds like any forum.

I was making fun of perkman for having to add that JayPee's car is a manual.

Honestly, the automatic has more potential for drag racing. With the right wheel/tire combination, transmission mods, and torque converter, it has been proven time and again on almost every single car platform that automatics will ET faster than manuals (albeit slightly more drive train loss resulting in slower traps). In the new 370Zs and BMWs, the automatics are faster out of the box. On the Camaros/Firebirds, it takes a torque converter and shift kit (4AT vs 6MT, just like us).

Aaron and Jime have already proven it for maximas. However, none of the 5.5 gen AT guys have yet stepped up to doing what is needed to be competitive and/or faster than the MT guys and many continue to act like they're at a disadvantage. With the same boltons as JayPee or myself, plus a suprastick, valve body upgrade, 4000+ (preferably closer to 5000) stall torque converter such as the one that Edge is making for Aaron, 22" slicks on 15" wheels, I would bet everything in my savings account on an auto setting the new record. The toys needed to make an AT fast doubtfully cost much more than my flywheel/clutch combo did.

All that said, I do feel the need to make fun of you auto guys when you feel the need to be segmented from the manuals in order to set a record and so that you don't compete with manuals. 13.6@10X. That is the auto "record." If my maxima were to become my project/race car, I would sell my loaded titanium edition 6mt and swap over to a base model non-sunroof automatic and work on the list of changes in my previous paragraph so that I could both go faster and bracket race with it. Sadly, it's my daily driver and my project/race car will not be fail wheel drive and will include god's gift to engines (LS-x derivative). It will also have an automatic transmission. Thus far, our "fast" drag racer AT guys are more interested in bling or BBKs than going fast, but eventually someone is going to come out of the woodwork and shock people.
Hey now.... My bbk turns heads makes it look like it's fast....
Old 12-30-2010, 08:16 PM

.......damn man people are writing books in here.
Old 12-30-2010, 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by Crusher103
.......damn man people are writing books in here.
Do you normally read short children's books?
Old 12-30-2010, 08:21 PM

Do you normally read short children's books?
lots and lots of coloring books actually, with picturez n ****.
Old 12-30-2010, 08:24 PM

the worst books i have seen(not read just seen) on this forum have come from 44j when he starts arguing over politics, the most long and drawn out useless poAst i have ever seen, my s and s are better because they are right to the point.

Sounds like Fantasy Football. No, wait... it sounds more like Dungeons & Dragons.

Relax, I'm not dissing on you auto guys. On the contrary, I have the utmost respect for people who have mastered the art of hanging on to the steering wheel with both hands.

lots and lots of coloring books actually, with picturez n ****.

So when are we seeing the new turbo vehicle debuted at the track?
Old 12-30-2010, 08:28 PM

So when are we seeing the new turbo vehicle debuted at the track?
soon, I think sometime in feb i will be bring it out.......although knowing me that means like march or april
Old 12-30-2010, 08:30 PM

soon, I think sometime in feb i will be bring it out.......although knowing me that means like march or april
Nice, I'll try to keep you updated on rockingham track days. I'm going to try for 1 in Jan/feb full weight and PS to mirror my older PBs, then maybe another in March/April fully track prepped after some time on a dyno.
Old 12-30-2010, 08:34 PM

imma see how long i can maintain the only turbo max in NC....i dunno even know if i really am the only one but i will claim it until further notice.....
Old 12-30-2010, 08:37 PM

imma see how long i can maintain the only turbo max in NC....i dunno even know if i really am the only one but i will claim it until further notice.....
I certainly won't be challenging your title. However, I'll see if I can challenge the only turbo max in NC on the track
Old 12-30-2010, 08:44 PM

I certainly won't be challenging your title. However, I'll see if I can challenge the only turbo max in NC on the track
I have a feeling alot of people will be coming after me if i go to the track.....i better buy some sticky tires.
Old 12-30-2010, 08:46 PM

I have a feeling alot of people will be coming after me if i go to the track.....i better buy some sticky tires.
There aren't many people in NC that want to challenge anybody, lol
Old 12-30-2010, 08:53 PM

There aren't many people in NC that want to challenge anybody, lol
There is a pretty fierce competition between me and NCSU_MAX, i cheated but im winning.
Old 12-30-2010, 08:58 PM

There is a pretty fierce competition between me and NCSU_MAX, i cheated but im winning.
You guys never come to play at rockingham, but I guess you have other drag strips closer.

All I have for competition is MaximaSpd85, and he likes to do silly stuff such as not tune his car and run a 2.5" crush bent exhaust with an autozone turbo muffler.

edit: hopefully when Deckdout finishes his build, he'll come out to play
Old 12-30-2010, 09:02 PM

You guys never come to play at rockingham, but I guess you have other drag strips closer.

All I have for competition is MaximaSpd85, and he likes to do silly stuff such as not tune his car and run a 2.5" crush bent exhaust with an autozone turbo muffler.

edit: hopefully when Deckdout finishes his build, he'll come out to play
its primarily who has the all round nicer car thats faster than the other. I would say George in his S/C'd auto but he has a way of slipping out then grabbing pop corn and watch us go at each other
Old 12-30-2010, 09:09 PM

its primarily who has the all round nicer car thats faster than the other. I would say George in his S/C'd auto but he has a way of slipping out then grabbing pop corn and watch us go at each other
Oh I see. I'm a big wuss when it comes to racing anywhere other than a drag strip. All it takes is getting caught a single time to ruin everything.

All around nicer car... that sounds kind of relative. For example, clashez1983 might say that the one with a stillen touring kit, wing, and 20" black "rims" with silver lip is a nicer car. Do you have a voting committee or just go back and forth on which is better?
Old 12-31-2010, 11:10 AM

... I have the utmost respect for people who have mastered the art of hanging on to the steering wheel with both hands.
LULZ!