5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

what to lower my car on?

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2011, 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by maxima 21
I have been doing a lot of reasearch on the C8s. And i have not decided 100% on that. I am working with a company on getting me a better deal for the C8 so that i can put a review on here about them. If these turn out to be a good product then i will arrange a group buy also.

Here are my personal thoughts on the C8sports after the reasearch that i have done.
In high school I work in electronics at sears as a salesman, What i found is that when Vizio came out, No one had heard of them and didnt want to try them.... Vizio's price was LOW. They kept prices low to get their name out there. The vizio TV is a very good american made television. But without the credability, they couldnt price their products like sony and samsung could. Now that the vizio name is up near the top... prices are starting to reflect that. This could be the same situation with these coilovers. They are new and dont have the reputation that they would need to price like everyone else. Its possible that these are a great product and no one knows it yet becuase everytime someone considers them they get thrashed just like this thread has done. People are creatures of habit and it takes 1 person to step out and go for something new in order to convince the others that change is not always bad. If i have to be the test subject on these to help get the name out then they are going to have to give me a pretty good price on them. Other wise... Ill listen to the advice and save for the D2s. Negotiations should be firmed up this evening and Ill let everyone know how its looking.
Thanks for the input.
Vizio TV's? Really?
And your 'save up for' is D2's?

I give up.
Old 02-16-2011, 10:53 AM

I have been doing a lot of reasearch on the C8s. And i have not decided 100% on that. I am working with a company on getting me a better deal for the C8 so that i can put a review on here about them. If these turn out to be a good product then i will arrange a group buy also.

Here are my personal thoughts on the C8sports after the reasearch that i have done.
In high school I work in electronics at sears as a salesman, What i found is that when Vizio came out, No one had heard of them and didnt want to try them.... Vizio's price was LOW. They kept prices low to get their name out there. The vizio TV is a very good american made television. But without the credability, they couldnt price their products like sony and samsung could. Now that the vizio name is up near the top... prices are starting to reflect that. This could be the same situation with these coilovers. They are new and dont have the reputation that they would need to price like everyone else. Its possible that these are a great product and no one knows it yet becuase everytime someone considers them they get thrashed just like this thread has done. People are creatures of habit and it takes 1 person to step out and go for something new in order to convince the others that change is not always bad. If i have to be the test subject on these to help get the name out then they are going to have to give me a pretty good price on them. Other wise... Ill listen to the advice and save for the D2s. Negotiations should be firmed up this evening and Ill let everyone know how its looking.
Thanks for the input.
i applaud you willing to go with the C8s, personally, but if you are about comfort...BCs > D2s...thats all ive READ and they are only about $100 difference. but if you go C8s, write a review, i'm really curious. but i do love my BCs...as low as i ride, they are better than my aftermarket spring/strut setup, and ride near stock, almost better, but not quite on SOME bumps
Old 02-16-2011, 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by TunerMaxima3000
Vizio TV's? Really?
And your 'save up for' is D2's?

I give up.
I know i dont have to explain myself to anyone but im 20 years old. I am an insurance agent and take care of ALL bills on my own and try to maintain 2 cars... maybe if i had been with a company for a while and had better income... ya go with JIC. But the truth is is that im looking for something to lower my car and a little better handling. I dont need a racing suspension or anything super high dollar. Just something to lower my car (springs could work but im wanting about 2" drop and dont want to replace struts that much). The point im making is no.. im not cheap. But if these C8s are a good product... no one will know untill someone tries them. Thats the refrence to the VIZIO tvs. No one knew they were a good product untill some tried them and told thier freinds. If you want to spot me a few extra hundred bucks.... Ill get the D2s or BC's.

Last edited by maxima 21; 02-16-2011 at 11:30 AM.
Old 02-16-2011, 11:28 AM

I know i dont have to explain myself to anyone but im 20 years old. I am an insurance agent and take care of ALL bills on my own and try to maintain 2 cars... maybe if i had been with a company for a while and had better income... ya go with JIC. But the truth is is that im looking for something to lower my car and a little better handling. I dont need a racing suspension or anything super high dollar. Just something to lower my car (springs could work but im wanting about 2" drop and dont want to replace struts that much). The point im making is no.. im not cheap. But if these C8s are a good product... no one will know untill someone tries them. Thats the refrence to the VIZIO tvs. No one knew they were a good product untill some tried them and told thier freinds. If you want to spot me a few extra hundred bucks.... Ill get the D2s or DC's.
BCs bro...BCs...we're not talking skate board shoes lol...

SN: like you said in a previous post...people are creatures of habit, this forum is no different...if you dont go with the crowd, 'you're stupid', i do hate that about this forum. like you said, if no one tries C8s, then how will you ever know if they are a surperior(sp?) brand? i've read they are close to BCs and Megans, which is saying alot. so i'm not against you trying them.
Old 02-16-2011, 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by phatboislim
BCs bro...BCs...we're not talking skate board shoes lol...

SN: like you said in a previous post...people are creatures of habit, this forum is no different...if you dont go with the crowd, 'you're stupid', i do hate that about this forum. like you said, if no one tries C8s, then how will you ever know if they are a surperior(sp?) brand? i've read they are close to BCs and Megans, which is saying alot. so i'm not against you trying them.
Better? lol my bad... Typo. :/
Old 02-16-2011, 11:31 AM

Old 03-17-2011, 12:04 PM

Ever pick up those c8's
Old 03-17-2011, 12:19 PM
Banned

I have a 2002 6spd. Its my daily driver and i do not race or hotrod my car. FWD so no drifting. At best I may cruise the dragon once in a while in it ( I live 20-30 min from it).
Thats crazy my girl friend rode the dragon last night
Old 03-17-2011, 01:10 PM
DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS MEMBER - OWES PEOPLE MONEY

I have a 2002 6spd. Its my daily driver and i do not race or hotrod my car. FWD so no drifting. At best I may cruise the dragon once in a while in it ( I live 20-30 min from it).
The whole blue ridge area is wonderful to cruise around on... not even being stupid and pushing it.

My opinions

Suspension: Just do some struts and lowering springs and RTB. Alot less maintenance intensive than cheap coil overs that will need rebuilding occasionally. Coil over owners will downplay this, but I've seen constructive reviews that show an average of ~20k mile rebuild life on your average cheapo coilovers.

Exhaust: Unless you're ever doing headers, just go megan. Looks good, sounds good with stock headers, and does the job.
Old 03-17-2011, 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by sparks03max
The whole blue ridge area is wonderful to cruise around on... not even being stupid and pushing it.

My opinions

Suspension: Just do some struts and lowering springs and RTB. Alot less maintenance intensive than cheap coil overs that will need rebuilding occasionally. Coil over owners will downplay this, but I've seen constructive reviews that show an average of ~20k mile rebuild life on your average cheapo coilovers.

Exhaust: Unless you're ever doing headers, just go megan. Looks good, sounds good with stock headers, and does the job.
That there is just a great post.

Old 03-17-2011, 09:49 PM

Never did the C8. The guy who is the usa rep couldn't beat his own price on amazon. He was gunna let me pick then up for 700 something when I could get en on amazon for $599. I told him that I would do a review on here for him and if they were quality products they're would be several more interested. The best he would do was is he liked the review he would give me $100 back. Sol more than amazon price. I will be going with megan cattback. A friend who owns a shop that I work at on the weekend got a contract with them. I just got to get a big enough order together to open it up so I can get my parts. So if any one is interested in megan products let me know and I'll put something together for you.
Old 03-17-2011, 10:10 PM

I'm riding on tein stechs and Koni yellows and love it, kind of an intensive install but well worth it, and none of the coilover issues.
Old 03-18-2011, 12:19 AM

A nice low ride on coilovers will attract more positive attention than an exhaust.
Old 03-18-2011, 01:54 AM

Go coilovers and a kidney belt!!!!!
Old 03-18-2011, 05:22 AM

Originally Posted by zzmmrx0xmzz
A nice low ride on coilovers will attract more positive attention than an exhaust.
Not if he putts a twin loop on!!!

Oh wait you said Positive attention.
Old 03-18-2011, 11:10 AM

Maxima 21, u r going with megan c/o's as well? I'm looking at those along with a megan catback. If u would msg me with some pricing.
Old 03-22-2011, 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by 01SilverMaxima
Maxima 21, u r going with megan c/o's as well? I'm looking at those along with a megan catback. If u would msg me with some pricing.
Prices PM'd to ya. Im still debating on it. Megan has springs with 1.8/1.5 drop for like $150. Im tight on cash as im trying to save for a house and just went on vacation lol. So its still undecided. But we'll see. The megan OE-RS cattback is for sure... Eventually. lol
Old 03-22-2011, 05:27 PM

JIC
BC/TEIN
D2/K-SPORT/C8/EVERY LAST COILOVER YOU CAN FIND FOR A 5.5
Old 03-22-2011, 05:42 PM

JIC all the way