5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Official Intro Thread. New Owners, Step In.

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2011, 01:46 PM
Suspension Yoda

Yea. If you use a plywood-type material, use Birch. It's expensive, but strong and real light.

You can get away with 1x3's for the 'frame' - lighter than 2x4's, and I think 3" is all you need to compensate for the taller full size.

I've done this to submerge amps under a false floor. It works fairly well.
Old 09-16-2011, 05:16 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Hey all, new to the Maxima world. Just bought my 02 with 82K on the clock, this thing is pretty fast, love it. Havent started upgrades yet, but, soon to come. Planing on a mild drop, maybe 1 1/2 to 2 inches, i like the factory wheels, so going to stick with them. I was going to put my in dash in it, but not sure if i have bose or not. It looks bose, but doesnt say bose anywhere on it, also, no subwoofer, no rear dash speakers, just doors, it sounds pretty healthy for stock, but leaves alot to be desired. Other than that the car suprises me everyday with its capability. Big change from my old Jeep ZJ. well, time to hit bucks with the mrs, i'll catch ya'll later!
Old 09-18-2011, 04:44 PM
Suspension Yoda

Originally Posted by seanmearse
Hey all, new to the Maxima world. Just bought my 02 with 82K on the clock, this thing is pretty fast, love it. Havent started upgrades yet, but, soon to come. Planing on a mild drop, maybe 1 1/2 to 2 inches, i like the factory wheels, so going to stick with them. I was going to put my in dash in it, but not sure if i have bose or not. It looks bose, but doesnt say bose anywhere on it, also, no subwoofer, no rear dash speakers, just doors, it sounds pretty healthy for stock, but leaves alot to be desired. Other than that the car suprises me everyday with its capability. Big change from my old Jeep ZJ. well, time to hit bucks with the mrs, i'll catch ya'll later!
Mild drop = H&R's.

No Bose is not uncommon. Upgrade you head unit first, it will make your speakers sound better.
Old 09-19-2011, 05:13 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

whats up world ! just purchased last thursday my first maxima 00 5th Gen. ive always been a nissan dude i own a 03 altima and currently in the middle of a 240sx rebuild and i just got my baby from a friend its got 190k all power all leather he redid tranny radiator alternator and starter for me and i paid about 3500 for the car now looking to go a differenct look he's into big rims and blah blah blah lol im thinking springs new headlights black housing wheels and redue system and exhaust its my daily so i want her clean any other ideas so far thats what im looking at
Old 09-19-2011, 05:38 AM
Suspension Yoda

Originally Posted by ramzroq
whats up world ! just purchased last thursday my first maxima 00 5th Gen. ive always been a nissan dude i own a 03 altima and currently in the middle of a 240sx rebuild and i just got my baby from a friend its got 190k all power all leather he redid tranny radiator alternator and starter for me and i paid about 3500 for the car now looking to go a differenct look he's into big rims and blah blah blah lol im thinking springs new headlights black housing wheels and redue system and exhaust its my daily so i want her clean any other ideas so far thats what im looking at
You know what I think your very first mod should be?

Using punctuation.
Old 09-19-2011, 10:44 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by djfrestyl
Mild drop = H&R's.

No Bose is not uncommon. Upgrade you head unit first, it will make your speakers sound better.

Yeah, posted up in the newbie question thread, i'll check out the H&R's.
Old 09-20-2011, 05:18 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

hwy im new here and i just got a 2000 maxi and i wanna know is it possible to install the 2003 front bumper to my 2000 maxi
Old 09-20-2011, 06:47 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Great thread, i tried to post a reply before but i guess it didnt work.Anyways,i am also new to the maxima world,I've had a 03 maxima se auto for 6-7 monthes now but havent gotten around to any mods until now.I have been so consumed with my 90 eclipse gsx turbo project that i didnt have time,but my gsx threw a rod so now i've got alot of time to spare.I love my 03 but dont know where to start besides lowering.I'm thinking maybe a good maf/injector combo upgrade( z32/larger injector) or just injen cia or short ram?I have read that maybe headers,high flow cat,and 2.5-3 inch exhaust is the way to go exhaust wise with 3.5's but not sure about air/fuel yet.I have 2 complete dsm turbo set-up's i my garage but i dont think that turbo would be an easy feat to accomplish,and mabe it is idk?Luckily i have a great platform to start with,that 3.5 liter is a beast even with it being an automatic.My 03 is also in near perfect condition besides some minor road dings.I cant wait to get started once i figure out which approach to take!
Old 09-21-2011, 05:15 AM
Suspension Yoda

Originally Posted by jay2000
hwy im new here and i just got a 2000 maxi and i wanna know is it possible to install the 2003 front bumper to my 2000 maxi
Yes, it's possible, but you will have a gap under your original headlights unless you upgrade them to 02-03 OEM HID's

Originally Posted by wadeb
Great thread, i tried to post a reply before but i guess it didnt work.Anyways,i am also new to the maxima world,I've had a 03 maxima se auto for 6-7 monthes now but havent gotten around to any mods until now.I have been so consumed with my 90 eclipse gsx turbo project that i didnt have time,but my gsx threw a rod so now i've got alot of time to spare.I love my 03 but dont know where to start besides lowering.I'm thinking maybe a good maf/injector combo upgrade( z32/larger injector) or just injen cia or short ram?I have read that maybe headers,high flow cat,and 2.5-3 inch exhaust is the way to go exhaust wise with 3.5's but not sure about air/fuel yet.I have 2 complete dsm turbo set-up's i my garage but i dont think that turbo would be an easy feat to accomplish,and mabe it is idk?Luckily i have a great platform to start with,that 3.5 liter is a beast even with it being an automatic.My 03 is also in near perfect condition besides some minor road dings.I cant wait to get started once i figure out which approach to take!
Congrats and welcome. You seem to have a lot of ambition. My only advice to you - read, read, read, search, research, read, read again before you make ANY decisions. There is a LOT of information on this forum and a lot of people that can steer you in the right direction.

Last edited by NmexMAX; 02-02-2012 at 09:00 AM.
Old 09-21-2011, 02:51 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Hi everyone! I hope I'm posting this in the right place.
I just got 2000 nissan Maxima GXE with a little over 150,000 miles on it. It's that annoying Sterling Mist color... looks different colors in photos, and the like. I'll be the first to admit that this was NOT my "dream car" but I've been following this forum for about a month now and you all really are making me learn to love it lol. I'm a girl, so I inherently know nothing about cars; I'm a big dope that had to call a few guy friends to come over when she locked the steering wheel (commence eye rolling...)

I plan to put a body kit and new paint on it, throw the ugly stock rims in a dumpster, vertical doors and suicide doors in the back (yeah, i know haha.) a spoiler and well.. anything else! You guys are really flooding me with a lot of ideas. It's completely stock right now... though I flooded the interior with Ed Hardy junk.

It drives amazingly and has a serious amount of power that I haven't experienced with a car before. I'll be putting a little over 1,200 miles on it a week.

Junky Iphone pic with one of my dogs... they're the same color. I'm amused.
Old 09-23-2011, 05:38 PM

Just got a nissan maxima 2001 and it has the check engine light on after like 5 day of using it.....the guy turned off the computer so it wouldnt be one until I used the car......doushe bag.
Old 09-24-2011, 06:13 AM
Suspension Yoda

Originally Posted by KnockoutBarbie
I plan to put a body kit and new paint on it, throw the ugly stock rims in a dumpster, vertical doors and suicide doors in the back (yeah, i know haha.) a spoiler and well.. anything
First, welcome to the forum, and congrats on the car.

Second, you have what I call new car ambition. Please don't do ANY of the ricey things mentioned above. Your list is at least $7k worth of work, none of which you'll ever see back, on a car that's worth...3k? Research as much as you can before you spend a single dollar on your car, and ask questions.

Best of luck.

Originally Posted by District
Just got a nissan maxima 2001 and it has the check engine light on after like 5 day of using it.....the guy turned off the computer so it wouldnt be one until I used the car......doushe bag.
That's unfortunate but it happens. Take it back if you can, but sounds like you can't. Sorry to say it's equally as much fault as the seller's. You didn't plug in a scanner to see any stored codes.

Last edited by NmexMAX; 02-02-2012 at 09:01 AM.
Old 09-25-2011, 07:24 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Recent Max convert

Hello...

Purchased my '02 SE last Friday. It's Sterling Mist with black leather interior, six speed with "H" LSD, Bose audio (jury is out on this). 127400ish kilometers when I got it; the body has some stone chips here and there that have been touched up and the interior is very good; there is a small scrap just above the glove box.

The previous owner installed an Injen CAI, brake rotors, calipers and brake pads, Kumho Ecsta LX Platinum radials, and had the windows tinted. All since May this year when he bought it! Possibly NGK Iridium plugs too since I was given two spares.

So far I'm impressed; great hwy ride, responsive engine, decent handling and braking, great seat (don't know about the others ), Bose is OK (wish I could control that sub though).

Cheers for now.

Mark
Old 09-28-2011, 12:25 PM

Hello maxima owners

I recently bought a 2001 GXE with low mileage and good condition for a good price. However I need to replace the rear right abs speed sensor. My mechanic quoted me at $380 for cost of part and labor ($260 for the part). Does that sound right or is he trying to screw with me?

Also, is it ok to buy aftermarket ABS sensor or should I get OEM nissan?
Old 09-28-2011, 12:56 PM
Suspension Yoda

OEM ABS sensor is around $120 last time I checked. Possibly a bit more now.

Aftermarket is fine as well.

Last edited by djfrestyl; 09-28-2011 at 12:59 PM.
Old 09-28-2011, 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by djfrestyl
OEM ABS sensor is around $120 last time I checked. Possibly a bit more now.

Aftermarket is fine as well.
The local parts stores don't have it only the nissan dealership does. In canada the price is ridiculous.

I think i should just get one online.

edit: it seems only US based stores have it for cheaper (around $140-160) and they don't ship outside of 48 states. In Canada the cheapest I could find is $240.

Last edited by maxima2500; 09-28-2011 at 02:44 PM. Reason: price
Old 09-28-2011, 02:24 PM
Suspension Yoda

Or find a friend in the US that's willing to ship you one.
Old 09-30-2011, 03:58 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Lurker now member.

I've been lurking around here for awhile, but now with purchasing a 01 Max SE with 133k on the clock, I feel I can say that I am a member. I'll definitely be looking over the threads to find and learn more about my max.
Old 09-30-2011, 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by zerotwose
Hello...

Purchased my '02 SE last Friday. It's Sterling Mist with black leather interior, six speed with "H" LSD, Bose audio (jury is out on this). 127400ish kilometers when I got it; the body has some stone chips here and there that have been touched up and the interior is very good; there is a small scrap just above the glove box.

The previous owner installed an Injen CAI, brake rotors, calipers and brake pads, Kumho Ecsta LX Platinum radials, and had the windows tinted. All since May this year when he bought it! Possibly NGK Iridium plugs too since I was given two spares.

So far I'm impressed; great hwy ride, responsive engine, decent handling and braking, great seat (don't know about the others ), Bose is OK (wish I could control that sub though).

Cheers for now.

Mark
Nice pickup! Those are two things I wish my car had; black leather and 6-speed with HLSD.
Old 09-30-2011, 06:36 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Nice pickup! Those are two things I wish my car had; black leather and 6-speed with HLSD.
Thanks waxima. It was priced a bit more than what I really wanted to spend, but I just couldn't say no.

The shifting is not real smooth; quite notchy going into 3rd. I actually prefer getting going with 2nd gear instead of 1st. Why? Because of the overly sensative throttle; the car is very jerky with small throttle adjustments (like stop n' go traffic); it isn't quite as bad in 2nd.

So there are a few imrpovements I would like to do which will allow me to enjoy this great car the way I expected to. I'm considering Energy Suspension for front end bushings, and perhaps looking for a shifter with a shorter throw. Not sure what to do about the throttle.

Oh, and I still want to control that subwoofer!
Old 10-06-2011, 10:11 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

High Miles Jump-off

Hey guys, i just picked up a 2000 SE 5-speed with 199k on the dash. Got it from the auction. Took one look and pulled that trigger. $2100 later (actually $1790 before fees) and i can't believe how well it cleaned up. Had a CEL on when i picked it up. After i put power wash-to-motor, that bad boy went right off. However i put same power washer too close to something and sprung a leak on the power-steering high pressure hose. $300 parts and labor. 4 fresh tires and passed MD state and emissions first time with no work. Fresh mobil-1 oil and air filter change and looking to replace tranny fluid as it is making the noise sometimes like its in the wrong gear.
Now that's how you do lucky.

Last edited by postman; 10-06-2011 at 10:13 AM.
Old 10-06-2011, 12:06 PM
Suspension Yoda

^^ Congrats. Doubt the power washer made the PS hose leak - they're just prone to going anytime after 100k miles.
Old 10-06-2011, 06:25 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

New New

Hey guys new picked up a 03 6 speed titanium i thinks the color about 6 months ago. Cold air intake, new rear brake system rotors, pads, calipers, lines. Waiting to get exhaust. Would like to find headers as precats blow lol. But there like a needle in a hay stack.
Old 10-06-2011, 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by youngMax036
Hey guys new picked up a 03 6 speed titanium i thinks the color about 6 months ago. Cold air intake, new rear brake system rotors, pads, calipers, lines. Waiting to get exhaust. Would like to find headers as precats blow lol. But there like a needle in a hay stack.
Your in luck if you dont mind spending a little cash I think Cattamn has 2 more sets left waiting to be sold, should be done in the next week or two...
Old 10-08-2011, 06:54 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

THaNx

Thanx rods ill look into it. Its that or 2kracing says they have the obx for 469. Working on the oil situation atm lol. Got the gaskets just ant replaced. I love the car though its my baby the nitto 235/ 50 17s look hard on the 350 wheels. Im Sold on nissan.
Old 10-12-2011, 10:27 PM

Just picked up my 2000 Maxima SE last night from the shop

Has 134k on her but drives really well.
Old 10-16-2011, 02:21 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

New to site. I just bought a 00 nissan maxima se for $1200. This is my first car. Car needs a clutch and minor body and int work. Currently at my mechanics. 175k Charcoal grey, leather in, stock. When I bought the car it started but needs a new clutch, pressure plate, battery possibly altnator, all around breaks and some suspension work. I dont have an image right now and its not even worth it yet.
My plans right now is just a clean somewhat oem look. I want to do mods like headers-exhaust, lowering (mild), air intake and some other common mods because im to familar with any other mods i can do. thats why im here well thats it i hope to learn things from this forum.
Old 10-17-2011, 06:37 AM
Suspension Yoda

Congrats on the purchase!

When you're ready to do suspension, shoot me a PM. I'm in New Jersey but making the drive would be worth it.
Old 10-31-2011, 06:22 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Just picked up 2001 Max 160000k

High mileage for $1700

Last edited by twashi43; 10-31-2011 at 06:24 AM.
Old 10-31-2011, 07:23 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Purchased 2001 GXE, in Merlot with 69k for my daughter saturday. Boy what a nice car, had mechanic look at it no past codes, pending codes or any SES or CEL on. I feel very lucky to find on in such nice condition. Any tips on what to watch out for would be helpful.

Thanks
Old 10-31-2011, 09:48 PM

Hey everyone, just bought my first maxima after being around them for years. Friends have had every gen and Ive been involved with the general repairs and maintenance. I've been turning wrenches on most anything with wheels both as a professional and for pleasure since I was about 15. Have been using several different forums for a few years now as well and am hoping this one helps as much as my others have. My new (to me) max is an 02 SE manual, with Bose & leather. I don't plan on getting too serious with it since I got it to save some gas and be more comfortable on my frequenf 8hr trips back n forth to Louisiana. Probably just a stereo, light suspension work, a few asthetiscs outside, some L.E.D.s, and a couple bang for buck bolt ons. Something I'm really interested in is making my dash lights look like my friends 91 Model. I still think that car has the sweetest guage light set up I've ever seen. Just wish it were red or kinda orange. Anyways, guess I'll be seeing yall around.
Old 11-02-2011, 06:59 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

What's up, name's Seth. I bought my 2000 Max a little over a year ago, haven't had the money to do much of anything to her. Oil, plugs, just general maintenance. I'm starting a new job in a week, should have the money to get to work on her. Love that there's a community of people here who love their Maximas as much as I love mine. Hope to get to know you folks!

2000 Nissan Maxima GXE A/T
3.0L V6
Stock all around
133,xxx Mi
Old 11-04-2011, 03:12 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

just purchased and drove mine off the lot not an hour ago, rides like dream and has some ***** for a 3.0 stock.

I'm disabled so it's an automatic for me..

here's some pics

http://i44.tinypic.com/ou5xdl.jpg

http://i43.tinypic.com/2i6hc9.jpg

http://i42.tinypic.com/qz2frc.jpg

http://i44.tinypic.com/149be9s.jpg

http://i40.tinypic.com/2cgmyqf.jpg

thing has more buttons and crap to stare at than an airplane I'll get used to them, now to go peal the sticker off the windshield..

nice to be here, this will be a wealth of info for me..here's her VIN if someone would please be so kind and run me a karfax JN1CA31A2YT212950

never seen one before so it may be interesting..
thanks again..

Last edited by IndianScout; 11-04-2011 at 07:49 PM.
Old 11-14-2011, 05:06 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Purchased my 02 GLE Maxima a month ago with at the time 114k on the dial.I will say that i have enjoyed every minute of driving this car.Yet to do anything other then the normal maintence on it but I plan to at the start of the new year.Looking forward to showing off the mods as i finish them..Pixs are on the wait though..Loving all the different mods from you guys..
Old 12-01-2011, 05:32 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Hello all, i just bought a 01 se with 130K on the clock. nice to have a 6 cyl again. i just plan on maintaining her and bending her to my will......
Old 12-05-2011, 11:44 AM

wat sup forum im new to this site but not to the game ,,im usually at nycmaxima site but anyway right now im planing on sellin my maxima cuz i just got tired of it ,,i have a 5.5 gen i had few things on ir like ae door sills,ae rear lip,stillen front lip ..hids top nd bottom ,ss teins coilvers,,se tailights ,rear vosir the big one ,,fiberglass rear deck made to fots 3 ten inch speakers nd 2 4inch tweeters ,,have jl audio w7s subs,g37s rims with low profile tires nd mayb im missing more ,,,but got tired of the look nd plus its auto so perfermance wise i couldnt go cuz i wasnt goin to get the power i wanted so i left it as is,,nd another i couldnt do a flush look alike cuz of the rear beam not leting get any camber so im goin to try to get a tsx or tl or accord to get the look i want,,but for sum reason i can post my car for sale here ,,can anyone help me out to start a new thread i pretty much have the posts i need to have to start makin new threads nd also have few parts i still have left
Old 12-05-2011, 12:15 PM
Suspension Yoda

Originally Posted by ENVYMAXI03
wat sup forum im new to this site but not to the game ,,im usually at nycmaxima site but anyway right now im planing on sellin my maxima cuz i just got tired of it ,,i have a 5.5 gen i had few things on ir like ae door sills,ae rear lip,stillen front lip ..hids top nd bottom ,ss teins coilvers,,se tailights ,rear vosir the big one ,,fiberglass rear deck made to fots 3 ten inch speakers nd 2 4inch tweeters ,,have jl audio w7s subs,g37s rims with low profile tires nd mayb im missing more ,,,but got tired of the look nd plus its auto so perfermance wise i couldnt go cuz i wasnt goin to get the power i wanted so i left it as is,,nd another i couldnt do a flush look alike cuz of the rear beam not leting get any camber so im goin to try to get a tsx or tl or accord to get the look i want,,but for sum reason i can post my car for sale here ,,can anyone help me out to start a new thread i pretty much have the posts i need to have to start makin new threads nd also have few parts i still have left
HOLY FREAKING HELL.

Use punctuation.
Old 12-05-2011, 12:52 PM
Suspension Yoda

If you agree, then please edit your post so that its readable. No one is going to want to help you if they can't understand wtf you're saying.
Old 12-05-2011, 01:22 PM

Hey Guys,

I'm from Toronto Ontario. I picked up a 2001 Maxima SE 20th Anni edition 2 weeks back. I've changed out the oils, engine oil with Pennzoil Platinum and same filter my Acura uses, dropped the trans pan and put a new filter and filled her up with Valvoline Maxlife, replaced pcv, got her tinted (20% all around), viper 5901 alarm/starter installed.

I like the car, I bought it to be used as my Winter beater. My summer toy is an 07 Acura TL Type S 6MT.

Hope to be browsing around, I'm a mod at big Acura forum so I'll follow this forum's rules to the T (if I step out of line please advise!).

Anyways hope to hear from you guys, will try to post up a photo of the max soon. It's been raining the past couple days.
Old 12-08-2011, 12:24 PM

I joined the board back in August when I purchased my third Maxima but it wasn't until last weekend that I achieved the trifecta of washing both cars and mowing the lawn on the same weekend so that I could shoot some pics. I was a professional detailer for 10 years and ran a small shop before the economy took a dive. At that point I stepped into the IT field and I'm now currently working towards a Network Admin position. Auto mechanics has always been a hobby of mine since I was a child and I became more interested in it when cars I owned started breaking. I was quickly motivated to protect myself from getting ripped off by mechanic shops.

My latest 4dsc endeavor is a 2001 Grey Lustre GLE that I managed to find on CList from an old lady. At the time it only had 62k miles on the clock (at 68k now). I purchased the car to keep the miles off my '93 MR2. After swapping in a 3rd gen 3sgte I had a hard time putting the wear and tear on it driving it across town everyday for work, plus not to mention I'm 6'5" and as much as I love driving the MR2 I was looking for something a bit more comfy on the highway so I could stretch out while on road trips. I always regretted selling my '96 and 6 years ago and always fancied owning a 5th gen so the time seemed right to pick one up.

So far I've really enjoyed the car and I'm looking forward to doing a few things to make it my own. I've already started by picking up some Murano 5 spokes and MSU2000 Retrofit headlights. I've also done away with the Bose HU and replaced it with an Alpine CDA-9885. The struts were the 10 year old originals so I decided to give a set of the SenSen struts a try. They are definetly stiffer than what I would think new stock struts would be like and are cold natured but they compliment the 40 series tires nicely and make for as sporty of a ride you would expect from stock springs. Future plans include SE tails, smoke corners and window tint. I'm also trying to decide if I want to lower the car at all or not. Cosmetically it has the usual old lady wear and tear. There appears to have been some maneuvering errors that resulted in a few scrape marks on the back bumper and also some door dings. The interior was probably never cleaned so the leather was in pretty bad shape. Some of the vinyl sections of the driver seat will need to be repaired, particularly the side bolster closest to the door. Other than that there is almost no scratches on the woodgrain and everything functions with the exception of the passenger seat motor being intermittent at times. I had to get over the fact that there's no sunroof but that's what the T-Tops on the MR2 are for. The other thing that I haven't looked into on here yet is the car does not have heated mirrors and I would really like to swap a set in. Haven't searched to see if that's doable yet or not.

The MR2 I've owned for 5 years now. Ironically I purchased the car to keep miles off the '03 Lightning that replaced my '96 Max. Fast forward 3 years, with the economy crapping out I could no longer afford 2 car payments on top of everything else and the MR2 was the lesser of the 2 evils so the 450hp beast of a truck had to go. This time a year ago I made the leap into the boosted world when the original motor (same as the Camry 5sfe) became too tired for the car to be able to get out of it's own way. It was time for a transplant. The popular thing to do for those cars is to swap in the 3rd gen 3sgte out of 94-99 Mr2s released only Japan (JDM goodness). I located my swap from a board member on MR2OC.com and completed the work over the 2 week Christmas break I had for school. Once you get past the whole mid engine thing the swap is pretty straight forward with minimal rewiring. I think the biggest pain aside from lengthening 100+ wires to do a wire tuck was taking the fuel tank in and out to swap in a Walbro 255. Internally the motor is pretty much stock. Externally I have a few minor bolt ons so far. Downpipe, intake, MBC, MSD 6al ignition and 3" exhaust. Future plans for this car include HKS 268 cams, a Power FC, and of course bigger turbo. The stock internals can handle quite a bit of abuse before having to go forged so it's a pretty good platform to start with. Anyways enough chatter, time for some pictures.

This was my first Maxima. It was a Champagne Gold '92 with tan leather interior. It was a hand me down from my dad. I put 60k miles on it and let it go with 190k. Still ran and drove fine minus a little slip in the tranny. This one I installed Eibach Pro Kit spring and Tokico stuts.

Note the uber burger delete.

Next up is my '96. Of the 3 Maximas this one I put the most into. It was also a source of pride for me because it was the first car that I purchased and financed on my own and saw the payments through to the end. For this one I went with Eibach Pro Kits and Tokico Illumnas and also installed Stillen F&RSTB and RSB. I nabbed the 6 disc changer out of my parents '99 I30 and mounted it under the passenger seat. One day when I got the detail shop my coworker was cleaning a Caravan when I noticed a brand new set of tan SE floor mats on table. Long story short I gave the lady a $20 discount on her detail to swap mats for my standard maxima embroidered mats. On the outside I deleted the pin stripe and rear emblems and wet sanded the entire car. In the picture it looks black but it was actually Deep Evergreen Metallic. The car came with the 5th gen 5 spoke wheels pictured. Sadly, 3 days after I sold this car it was totaled by one of the buyer's friends who took it out joy riding while they were sleeping. They didn't even have it titled in their name let alone insured and tried to pin liability back on me. Hell of way for them to loose 6 grand. The bill of sale I did saved my a$$ on that one. Whoever found that car in the junkyard probably messed their pants. Everything not damaged in the wreck was absolutely mint.

And finally my current pride and joys.

Quick Reply: Official Intro Thread. New Owners, Step In.