5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Repoed

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2011 | 10:14 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by ranmas2004
Don't everyone do the same thing? You see stuff on TV that claim to work...you order it and its garbage, Friends that we thought were friends turn out to be backstabbers, BARBERS then you end up with crooked hairlines, CAR DEALERS and you end up with LEMONS....the list goes on and on. Take your car to a CERTIFIED professional mechanic with insurance...STOP trying to cut corners being CHEAP and do things the right way. But to say someone is a HIPOCRITE just because they car got repoed AND not having sufficient information on their situation is kind of harsh and jumping to conclusions. It's like people who think all ASIANS good at math, ALL BLACKS ghetto, ALL WHITES cant dance...etc.....just dumb things we label people not having enough information.
but all Asians are good at math...
Old 08-22-2011 | 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by FastFoxBody
but all Asians are good at math...
And playing two guitars at the same time...

Old 08-22-2011 | 10:20 AM

Hmm, I see a lot of strong reactions to my first post, so I think I should clarify:

When I say you should pay cash for your cars because it's a good idea, that's a fact. You are going to spend less money and have less hassles.

When people say but what if you're buying a really expensive car, you can't pay cash for it, you can afford it but you need financing, and I say I don't believe in buying cars that cost that much money to the point that you need to finance them, that's an OPINION.

I personally will never buy a car that's getting up there in the 5-digit range unless I am someday rich and I have money to blow on that kind of thing. However, I know there's many of you in here who are established and successful in very good careers and it's no problem for you to have a decent-sized car payment in your budget. That's one of the benefits of being in your situation, and I say hats off to ya for that. I hope to be able to be in your situation some day.

I'm 18 years old and a college student. My income and budget is exponentially different than most of yours in here. That being said, don't cross up my well-guided advice based on financial facts with my opinions based on my tight financial situation and experience with it, because you probably won't agree with it.

Last edited by Waxima; 08-22-2011 at 10:25 AM.
Old 08-22-2011 | 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by Waxima
Hmm, I see a lot of strong reactions to my first post, so I think I should clarify:

When I say you should pay cash for your cars because it's a good idea, that's a fact. You are going to spend less money and have less hassles.

When people say but what if you're buying a really expensive car, you can't pay cash for it, you can afford it but you need financing, and I say I don't believe in buying cars that cost that much money to the point that you need to finance them, that's an OPINION. I personally will never buy a car that's getting up there in the 5-digit range unless I am someday rich and I have money to blow on that kind of thing.

I'm 18 years old and a college student. My income and budget is exponentially different than most of yours in here. That being said, don't cross up my well-guided advice based on financial facts with my opinions based on my tight financial situation and my experience with it.
Yo...when I was in college I worked 3 part time jobs to try to pay for gas, clothes, books, etc. I drove a 88 Honda Accord LX 5spd.....with 198K miles on it............paid $1200 cash for it at the time. then got into an accident..whole drivers side smashed up..could not open either driver side doors...had to get in on passenger side.....then ANOTHER accident on the other side...only was able to get in and open the passenger side door....NO A/C....OMG...humbling experience!! Drove that thing even AFTER I graduated from college.....had 254K miles on it before I finally signed it over to the dealer and got my first Maxima...97 Max (AUTOmagic). When I was in college I was so broke I never would have imagined having 3 cars like I do now AND no payments. When you in college $20k may seem like alot for a car but when you graduate and start making money.....it's nothing compared to the $250k home that you are looking at buying...lol.
Old 08-22-2011 | 10:27 AM

"Smart Spending: Your Guide To Buying a Car Like You Have Some Damn Sense" is an online course offered by Waxima and available to the OP for three low payments of $49.95 (with approved credit).
Old 08-22-2011 | 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by MinervaMaxxxima
"Smart Spending: Your Guide To Buying a Car Like You Have Some Damn Sense" is an online course offered by Waxima and available to the OP for three low payments of $49.95 (with approved credit).

If I didn't hate math so much, I would probably change my major from communications to accounting. I like to think I'm good with money, but dealing with finances is probably one of my least favorite things to do in life.

I'll take that offer up with the OP if he would like, though.

Old 08-22-2011 | 11:28 AM
L36

Why buy something you cannot afford. Im a college student, yet still i was able to pay in full cash for the car.
Old 08-22-2011 | 11:44 AM
Da Roller Coaster!

Originally Posted by L36
Why buy something you cannot afford. Im a college student, yet still i was able to pay in full cash for the car.
It happens when your emotions overtake rational thought.
Old 08-22-2011 | 11:47 AM
Banned

If you can't afford a 3k car you have issues. period.
Old 08-22-2011 | 04:11 PM