5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

OEM 5MT Clutch Kit parts list. Need some help

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2012, 03:09 PM

OEM 5MT Clutch Kit parts list. Need some help

Ok after doing some research here on the org I was not able to find a complete list of the oem parts needed to replace the clutch in my 2000 5 speed.
Based on the courtesyparts.com those are part I need:
Clutch disk: Product SKU: C0100-A33B001 (mine was made 9/1999)
Plate: Product SKU: 30210-A33B003
Throw out bearing: Product SKU: 30502-A33B001

I am pretty sure I also need the seal inside the transmission bell housing that sit behind the trow out bearing but I can't find the actual part number...

Does anyone know where DaveB works now? May be phone number?
Also do we have a different option now on discounts for oem parts from Nissan Dealers?

Thanks for all the help in advance!
Old 03-03-2012, 03:49 PM

Also if I understand it correctly the 350z oem clutch will not fit the 3.0 dek engine and 5 speed....
basically the car is a daily driver so I am not looking for anything crazy as far as upgrades go... is the Fidanza flywheel also a dual mass flywheel like the oem?
Old 03-03-2012, 05:41 PM
"I'm just sayin'..."

Looks like you have the basics. There is no seal you need to replace inside the bellhousing. However, I would replace the axle seals while you have it down. You could also replace the fork spring. Not necessary, but it's short money. I would have it resurfaced rather than spend another 450 on the Fidanza since you emphasized the DD bit. On the same note, don't bother with the 350z clutch. While you have the flywheel off you will have access to the RMS. Although these seals usually last well over 100k miles, you might as well be preventative. I got mine from DaveB for somewhere around 30 bucks.

Speaking of DaveB. He said Rusty at Gunn Nissan(actually here in San Antonio) will honor Dave's pricing. I have already taken advantage of it a few times.
Old 03-03-2012, 06:33 PM

nelledge,
thanks a lot for the advice on the dealer connection.. sure those parts could get pricey... the axle seals would be replaced for sure but I do have some type of a leak that is easily to see on the bottom on the transmission and it is gear oil... I have heard that sometimes the 5 speeds have a leak form the shaft seal that connect the actual tranny with the clutch assembly, not sure if i describe that the correct way... but it is basically seal that is behind the trow out bearing on the axle/shaft in the transmission. I was also thinking about the RMS seal will most likely be replaced since the car 186K and the clutch is still original...
Also you said that the flywheel could be resurfaced? As as I know it is a dual mass flywheel but could it be resurfaced? I have done clutch replacement on other cars with a regular flywheel ut I have never messed around with a dual mass flywheel..
Old 03-03-2012, 09:03 PM
"I'm just sayin'..."

Originally Posted by L_U_D_I_AMaxima
... I have heard that sometimes the 5 speeds have a leak form the shaft seal that connect the actual tranny with the clutch assembly, not sure if i describe that the correct way... but it is basically seal that is behind the trow out bearing on the axle/shaft in the transmission...
Also you said that the flywheel could be resurfaced? As as I know it is a dual mass flywheel but could it be resurfaced? I have done clutch replacement on other cars with a regular flywheel ut I have never messed around with a dual mass flywheel..
I have heard of the input shaft bearing failing which causes the seal to leak, but I must have missed the complaints about the seal leaking without other trans issues. It's possible. Do you have any ISB noise?

Dual mass flywheel can be resurfaced. I confirmed it with DaveB who referenced a technical service bulletin from Nissan and a buddy that works for an Infiniti dealership in New England. I found a couple machine shops that could perform the work. My suggestion is to call around in your area. If they are at all uncertain, assume they don't have the skill/knowledge to perform it and call the next shop. You can also ask local luxury car shops for references. However, I was sure the 5spd doesn't use a dual mass so it's a moot point.
Old 03-03-2012, 10:53 PM

nelledge,
thanks a lot for the advice on the dealer connection.. sure those parts could get pricey... the axle seals would be replaced for sure but I do have some type of a leak that is easily to see on the bottom on the transmission and it is gear oil... I have heard that sometimes the 5 speeds have a leak form the shaft seal that connect the actual tranny with the clutch assembly, not sure if i describe that the correct way... but it is basically seal that is behind the trow out bearing on the axle/shaft in the transmission. I was also thinking about the RMS seal will most likely be replaced since the car 186K and the clutch is still original...
In my experience on '00 5MT the shift shaft seal can seap out near the little rubber boot, when I upgraded my clutch I attempted to replace that seal but the part I got was wrong, the diameter too small--pretty sure what I got was an internal trans. seal so I just drove the existing shaft seal back in when done with clutch (also replaced RMS as preventative) in completing job. That area hasn't dripped from the boot nipple in 40K so that did it for me. I highly recommend the ACT Clutch kit #NM1-HDSS--that's straight from memory but pretty sure thats all you (would) need + RMS + axle seals if you need.

Last edited by KT3MaxSE; 03-03-2012 at 10:59 PM.
Old 03-04-2012, 12:55 PM

Kt3Maxse --> how does that clutch compare to the oem? is it heavier? As I said before my car is DD so I want to keep it as easy to drive as possible?

nelledge --> any chance you can remember the actual part numbers for those seal? I looked but I am lost?

As far as the flywheel I am getting confused now... as per nissan it says that it is a dual mass flywheel? could it be possible I have a regular flywheel?
Old 03-04-2012, 01:58 PM

-Your stock FW is dual mass. There is no available aftermarket dual mass flywheel.

-You should grab a Pilot bushing too, this is what the Imput Shaft of the tranny rides on when the clutch is disengaged. It's under $10 from the dealer.

-Diff seals usually leak due to impending diff bearing failure, which is super common on the VQ30. But if your diff bearings seem ok and you don't want to shell out the coin, you can at minimum pop new seals in in an attempt to be preventative.
Though, I'd highly suggest having those bearings checked much more closely, because you don't want to pull that tranny more than necessary. Especially if you're not doing the work yourself.
Old 03-04-2012, 04:02 PM

Kt3Maxse --> how does that clutch compare to the oem? is it heavier? As I said before my car is DD so I want to keep it as easy to drive as possible?

nelledge --> any chance you can remember the actual part numbers for those seal? I looked but I am lost?

As far as the flywheel I am getting confused now... as per nissan it says that it is a dual mass flywheel? could it be possible I have a regular flywheel?
Mine is DD too. Honestly not much difference in pedal feel, maybe ever so slightly stiffer but not much from OEM as I recall, just feels 'better', more solid--definitely not too stiff by any means for DD. But definitely grabs/holds better~40% more holding power, no chattering etc. I love it and would buy the same kit again in a heartbeat but no need b/c it feels exactly same as day installed over 40K ago! This ACT Kit comes with HD pressure plate, upgraded performance street disc, throw out bearing, pilot bearing & alignment tool. Love it!
Old 03-04-2012, 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by KT3MaxSE
Mine is DD too. Honestly not much difference in pedal feel, maybe ever so slightly stiffer but not much from OEM as I recall, just feels 'better', more solid--definitely not too stiff by any means for DD. But definitely grabs/holds better~40% more holding power, no chattering etc. I love it and would buy the same kit again in a heartbeat but no need b/c it feels exactly same as day installed over 40K ago! This ACT Kit comes with HD pressure plate, upgraded performance street disc, throw out bearing, pilot bearing & alignment tool. Love it!
so basically that clutch kit will work with my oem dual mass flywheel?
Old 03-04-2012, 05:09 PM

so basically that clutch kit will work with my oem dual mass flywheel?
Yep, for sure. Works great with OEM flywheel, thats what I have-the original the car was built with. Quiet, smooth, way more clamping force and seamless operation all with an almost OEM feel, just better and more precise. Can drive all day long in stop-n-go traffic with no issues, not that that is really enjoyable anyways MT or AT, ha.
Old 03-04-2012, 05:12 PM

If you can afford it, ACT is a very safe bet.
Old 03-06-2012, 06:19 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I had my flywheel resurfaced at a machine shop. They had no problems doing it.
Old 08-21-2012, 03:30 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Ok after doing some research here on the org I was not able to find a complete list of the oem parts needed to replace the clutch in my 2000 5 speed.
Based on the courtesyparts.com those are part I need:
Clutch disk: Product SKU: C0100-A33B001 (mine was made 9/1999)
Plate: Product SKU: 30210-A33B003
Throw out bearing: Product SKU: 30502-A33B001

I am pretty sure I also need the seal inside the transmission bell housing that sit behind the trow out bearing but I can't find the actual part number...

Does anyone know where DaveB works now? May be phone number?
Also do we have a different option now on discounts for oem parts from Nissan Dealers?

Thanks for all the help in advance!
You can actually talk to a service dept person and tell them your dilema and the y should be able to help . hell let me look around and see if i have one , and i'll send it to you with regards the the right part number.