5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Adding Subwoofer to Bose System

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2002, 12:28 PM
White Lightning

Adding Subwoofer to Bose System

I have a question concerning the Bose 7 speaker system with ND woofer. I owned a 1998 Maxima previously which employed two 6X9 Bose speakers on the rear deck for handling most of the bass duties.. I find that the new system lacks the sound quality of my 1998.. The ND woofer provides alot of reverb/boom but not much defintion..

I know, what's the question? Is the system crossover sending some of the bass to the ND woofer, or all of it..? I have a couple of bazooka's and a soundstream amp from another vehicle I'd like to drop into my new max.. I'd want to use them as a replacement to the Nd woofer and disconnect the ND woofer completely.. Is this possible.? I'd get much better definition and reproduction. Has anyone tried this or something similar.. What were the results, etc... Is it possible, without having to add a seperate crossover, etc.. Will the Bose system play if the ND woofer is disconnected..?

Thanks

Old 01-04-2002, 12:49 PM

Re: Adding Subwoofer to Bose System

Originally posted by White Lightning
I have a question concerning the Bose 7 speaker system with ND woofer. I owned a 1998 Maxima previously which employed two 6X9 Bose speakers on the rear deck for handling most of the bass duties.. I find that the new system lacks the sound quality of my 1998.. The ND woofer provides alot of reverb/boom but not much defintion..

I know, what's the question? Is the system crossover sending some of the bass to the ND woofer, or all of it..? I have a couple of bazooka's and a soundstream amp from another vehicle I'd like to drop into my new max.. I'd want to use them as a replacement to the Nd woofer and disconnect the ND woofer completely.. Is this possible.? I'd get much better definition and reproduction. Has anyone tried this or something similar.. What were the results, etc... Is it possible, without having to add a seperate crossover, etc.. Will the Bose system play if the ND woofer is disconnected..?

Thanks
It has been done! Ive done it. I disconnected the POS sub that the car brings and put 2 10" JL Audio subs in a custom box. Sounds really good. Just use the signal of the amp in the trunk to connect whatever amp you plan on using to push the sub and your done. Good luck.