5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

5th gen Off Topic Thread (Official Ghustle thread v1)

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2012 | 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by Waxima
So my good friend is in quite a debacle right now. Last night at the local amusement park he went on the new roller coaster and him and the two people he was with put their phones in the bin you put your things on while you're on the ride. For whatever reason, this one is poorly and stupidly designed so that unlike all the other rides, your stuff is on the same side you get on at so it's pretty much fully accessible to anyone.

As you can expect, it got stolen. He's pretty sure it was done by three shady looking kids behind them in line (the other two phones were left there surprisingly, and they were all iPhones).

This is where it gets interesting. I went over to his house last night and he was extremely pissed as expected. However, because it's an iPhone 4S, it has the "find my iPhone" feature enabled. We got on that on his computer and tracked it to an exact address about 10 miles west of here in the city. I've been by there before and know exactly where it is. Not a good neighborhood.

Even with this information, the cops would not help. He filed a police report with the township where it was stolen and called the cops in the city as he was told to by the other police department. They wouldn't do anything about it and said they won't have anyone who can help him available until at least Tuesday.

This is obviously frustrating as the window to recover it closes by the minute. My friend is a 6'3 280 college defensive lineman. He has plenty of buddies around the same size who played with him in high school that are home for the summer. While grabbing six guys, heading to the address, and taking the law into your own hands obviously is not the best idea, it seems like the only way to have a shot at getting it back.

For now, he's sitting on his hands and waiting it out. This is where law enforcement fails in my opinion. You have the exact location of an item worth $750 that has been stolen, but you can't do anything for days? It disgusts me to think that my tax dollars pay for that nonsense.
What's the price for a replacement phone? (if he bought it with Theft Protection)
Old 06-10-2012 | 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by cjandura
Putting someone in a wooden chair and nailing one of their ********* to the wooden chair with a finishing nail usally provides a satisfactory result in most cases
then they cant talk though and I would really want my phone back. If it was an iphone however? yes your idea
Old 06-10-2012 | 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by ShocknAwe
Had this happened to me 3 years ago I would have gone right over there with a carload of people. Bust 2 or 3 windows, throw in some black cats, kick in the door, tie everyone up and take them to the woods. Then find out who did it through the use of a butane torch on the loudest ones nut sack and then stick sharpened bamboo(best for this procedure) under his fingernails. But now I would advise against that
If damage is going to be done, we want it to only be done if it's absolutely necessary and at the most be bruises and broken bones. The main objective is to get the phone back and that's it. The more peaceful and easier the better. However, making them THINK violence and serious harm are coming to them without their cooperation is fully intended.

That's the other problem, too. While this is one of my best friends who I get along with just fine, he gets seriously aggressive and angry in the wrong situations. This is a textbook example of one of them. Even with the fullest of intentions to keep any kind of confrontation peaceful, there is no way someone wouldn't end up taking a haymaker of a fist to the face and hitting the pavement. The fact that they took his phone to begin with is enough that he wants to hurt them and hurt them bad.

Not saying his aggressiveness is entirely a bad thing. I'm a skinny guy and so is our other good friend we always hang out with. There's been like three different occasions where people have gotten in our faces and whatnot at parties. It only took him seeing what was going on for them to be on their a$$ regretting they started anything.

Last edited by Waxima; 06-10-2012 at 04:05 PM.
Old 06-10-2012 | 04:05 PM
Banned

only 3 things really needed 4' clothes line,Jar of honey and a jar of fire ants from T_Behr
Old 06-10-2012 | 04:06 PM

The real problem here is the neighborhood. If it was some suburban softie town like where we live we wouldn't have a problem rolling up and taking charge. However, this is a bad, bad neighborhood in a dangerous city. Lots of drug activity and violence. It wouldn't exactly be surprising for pistols to be drawn in a confrontation trying to get it back.
anybody stupid enough to steal a cellphone you need not worry about. If it was a serious criminal they wouldn't have stole it. The people you need to worry about do not want police attention in there neighborhood and are not going to bother you.
Old 06-10-2012 | 04:07 PM

only 3 things really needed 4' clothes line,Jar of honey and a jar of fire ants from T_Behr
I can supply all the fire ants that will be needed.
Old 06-10-2012 | 04:10 PM

Then find out who did it through the use of a butane torch on the loudest ones nut sack
Putting someone in a wooden chair and nailing one of their ********* to the wooden chair with a finishing nail usally provides a satisfactory result in most cases
... any excuse for handlin' some guys' nuts eh?
Old 06-10-2012 | 04:10 PM

If damage is going to be done, we want it to only be done if it's absolutely necessary and at the most be bruises and broken bones. The main objective is to get the phone back and that's it. The more peaceful and easier the better. However, making them THINK violence and serious harm are coming to them without their cooperation is fully intended.

That's the other problem, too. While this is one of my best friends who I get along with just fine, he gets seriously aggressive and angry in the wrong situations. This is a textbook example of one of them. Even with the fullest of intentions to keep any kind of confrontation peaceful, there is no way someone wouldn't end up taking a haymaker of a fist to the face and hitting the pavement. The fact that they took his phone to begin with is enough that he wants to hurt them and hurt them bad.

Not saying his aggressiveness is entirely a bad thing. I'm a skinny guy and so is our other good friend we always hang out with. There's been like three different occasions where people have gotten in our faces and whatnot at parties. It only took him seeing what was going on for them to be on their a$$ regretting they started anything.

likely they will scare easily and if anything will throw the phone away if things get too serious. I would play the nice game and do the note drop. Thats way they don't know anything about you. Include a picture of their house instead of simply saying you know where they live. Likely your friend wont get the phone back though
Old 06-10-2012 | 04:13 PM

OR

This is where Clashez and his Latin King brothers can assist

Old 06-10-2012 | 04:17 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Amerikaner83
OR

This is where Clashez and his Latin King brothers can assist

they gonna pull up fiddy deep in the short yella bus helmuts ready to go
Old 06-10-2012 | 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by Amerikaner83
... any excuse for handlin' some guys' nuts eh?
That's what the fire ants would be for. That way, no nut touching would be involved.

Last edited by T_Behr904; 06-10-2012 at 04:37 PM.
Old 06-10-2012 | 04:21 PM

anybody stupid enough to steal a cellphone you need not worry about. If it was a serious criminal they wouldn't have stole it. The people you need to worry about do not want police attention in there neighborhood and are not going to bother you.
That's what we were thinking to try to justify a storm the castle type effort to get it back. These kids aren't too smart and we have an exponential physical edge. We would roll in at least six deep. One of the guys who's down to come with us is a HUGE bodybuilder/linebacker who could crush most people with ease. Like these kids don't understand they picked the wrong phone to steal if we decide to take action. Unfortunately I will most likely end up assigned to driving duty since I don't have the massive physical stature needed to intimidate these people.

likely they will scare easily and if anything will throw the phone away if things get too serious. I would play the nice game and do the note drop. Thats way they don't know anything about you. Include a picture of their house instead of simply saying you know where they live. Likely your friend wont get the phone back though
I actually like that anonymous note idea a lot. That would definitely freak them out and make them start thinking about doing the right thing and arranging to return it.
Old 06-10-2012 | 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by J_MAxxX
What's the price for a replacement phone? (if he bought it with Theft Protection)
I don't think they offer any help for the phone being stolen besides deactivating it to avoid charges from being racked up or data being stolen. It's a 32gb iPhone 4S and his contract isn't up for another year and a half, so the full replacement cost would be $749.
Old 06-10-2012 | 04:31 PM

I actually like that anonymous note idea a lot. That would definitely freak them out and make them start thinking about doing the right thing and arranging to return it.
yea plus knowing someone is watching you is unnerving to most and the fact you were following them? Are you behind them right now? lol get in their heads and them give them an easy way out and hope for the best. Give them an area and a time. Show up early to watch them to ensure they leave or at least so you know where they are so as not to be ambushed or followed yourselves and hopefully it will work out

Last edited by ShocknAwe; 06-10-2012 at 04:50 PM.
Old 06-10-2012 | 04:49 PM
Banned

I don't think they offer any help for the phone being stolen besides deactivating it to avoid charges from being racked up or data being stolen. It's a 32gb iPhone 4S and his contract isn't up for another year and a half, so the full replacement cost would be $749.
Final suggestion:
Riddle house with small arms fire that way to deter any possible onlookers from attempting contact after 200-300 rounds discharged drive stolen car thru front door to discombobulate and place hostile force in submission retrieve phone drive to malt shop
Old 06-10-2012 | 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by Rochester
Rea6th gen is a direct bolt-on, isn't it?
yuuuup and it's arguably the bets bang for the buck mod.

your welcome. I would tear apart your mods list but I have exposed you and I am satisfied. BTW my good friend actually owns a BMW shop but he knows a thing or 2 and went for the e30 like everybody else who has taste and doesn't have to buy it by ripping off everybody else. lol god Im glad I came on now.
You wouldnt like me when you insult 95-96's.......but in all seriousness I am done now lol
1st:
95-96 Maxima is nothing special, they're the ugliest one also. 97-99 is kind of the hill.

2nd:

Chocolate Straw (A.K.A. "The Pot") "Hey Kettle!"
Toby (A.K.A. "The Kettle") "What you want fool?"
Chocolate Straw (A.K.A. "The Pot") "You're black!!!"

Old 06-10-2012 | 05:03 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by TunerMaxima3000

1st:
95-96 Maxima is nothing special, they're the ugliest one also. 97-99 is kind of the hill.

2nd:

See the old is already working its way in
Old 06-10-2012 | 05:07 PM

1st:
so the ones with the most problems are? Ill give you the 99 steering rack and thats about it lol. Style is an opinion. The 95-96 had the most reliable engines and least amount of parts failing compared to 97-99 including the 96 having the best ECU and the later 4th gens who cant make a bank 1 coil last for the life of them

2nd:

Lol last time I checked I could care less about my exterior unlike some who have ventured into the ultra exclusive for a reason CF grille wrap
Old 06-10-2012 | 05:13 PM

Old 06-10-2012 | 05:18 PM
Banned

so no matter what I do I can't get the rear wheels to spin, I hold down brakes and hit the gas nothing? I hold down the brakes again and nuetrul drop it nothing...

I figure a way to drift a fwd I drive fast and turn th e radio up the bass from the 12'is in my trunk loosen the tracktion; then I began to drift
Old 06-10-2012 | 05:24 PM
Banned

they gonna pull up fiddy deep in the short yella bus helmuts ready to go
cuz that how we roll son hub cap spiners clean and all
Old 06-10-2012 | 05:26 PM

In order to have any hope in breaking the traction loose at will you would have to have a crazy stiff rear suspension. Instead of trying to fix understeer you have to think about increasing oversteer. To try and accomplish this in our cars is a futile effort anyways but a stiff rear suspension will help you spin out around corners at high speed for sure lol

Last edited by ShocknAwe; 06-10-2012 at 05:38 PM.
Old 06-10-2012 | 05:31 PM

@ Chocolate Straw
Old 06-10-2012 | 05:32 PM
Banned

man lol I'm fawking twisted, I shouldn't have started drinking so early..
Old 06-10-2012 | 05:39 PM
Banned

In order to have any hope in breaking the traction loose at will you would have to have a crazy stiff rear suspension. Instead of trying to fix understeer you have to think about increasing oversteer. To accomplish this in our cars is futile anyways but a stiff rear suspension will help you spin out around corners at high speed for sure lol
nope nope and nope 6 kicker L7 12's crammed in the trunk in a ported box with 3 2000 watt kicker amps will do the trick
Old 06-10-2012 | 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by Clashez
nope nope and nope 6 kicker L7 12's crammed in the trunk in a ported box with 3 2000 watt kicker amps will do the trick
And these speakers are in the trunk of what car?
Old 06-10-2012 | 05:45 PM

so your saying you have 3000RMS powering 6 l7's that can at most handle 325RMS each? troll fail
Old 06-10-2012 | 05:46 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by T_Behr904
Cheap crap in a cheap car
Old 06-10-2012 | 05:49 PM

IGNORE LIST THE IDIOT. WHO CARES WHAT HE HAS TO SAY. HE'S A MINDLESS TROLL WITH THE MENTAL CAPABILITIES OF AN AMOEBA.
Old 06-10-2012 | 05:50 PM

Six 12 inch subs in a ported box would be huge. I want to know what car has a trunk big enough to fit something that would take up the back half of a van or Suburban.
Old 06-10-2012 | 05:54 PM
Banned

Six 12 inch subs in a ported box would be huge. I want to know what car has a trunk big enough to fit something that would take up the back half of a van or Suburban.
Each speaker needs 2.7 cubic feet of space
Old 06-10-2012 | 05:55 PM
Banned

IGNORE LIST THE IDIOT. WHO CARES WHAT HE HAS TO SAY. HE'S A MINDLESS TROLL WITH THE MENTAL CAPABILITIES OF AN AMOEBA.
I did but you still see the retards quoted text
Old 06-10-2012 | 05:57 PM
Banned

so your saying you have 3000RMS powering 6 l7's that can at most handle 325RMS each? troll fail
I'm joking around I'm fawking drunk hahaha been drinking since ealry with my German friend lol he big supervisor at the vw plant here in Chattanooga tn .... some sheet called schartz hog... aahhhh

your stupid we drive the same car except mine has fresh paint rims and tons of other mod I don't feel like typing ya fawk
Old 06-10-2012 | 05:59 PM

Each speaker needs 2.7 cubic feet of space
That would be 16.2 cubic feet needed for six ported 12's that he's talking about. That's the size of a refrigerator.
Old 06-10-2012 | 06:02 PM

I enjoy reading his claims. He tries to troll but is bad at it. You guys enjoy your night
Old 06-10-2012 | 06:03 PM

so the ones with the most problems are? Ill give you the 99 steering rack and thats about it lol. Style is an opinion. The 95-96 had the most reliable engines and least amount of parts failing compared to 97-99 including the 96 having the best ECU and the later 4th gens who cant make a bank 1 coil last for the life of them
Is that first sentance a question?
2000/2001 Maxima's are the most reliable of all of them on the whole.

95-96 are ugly, both inside and out, but yeah sure beauty is in the eye of the beholder or whatever.

95-96 and 97-98/99 had the exact same engine with no differences that I"m aware of, perhaps I'm wrong, if so please correct me. 99 Had some minor differences mainly in Emmisions controls and exhaust, but the engine was the same.

Lol last time I checked I could care less about my exterior unlike some who have ventured into the ultra exclusive for a reason CF grille wrap
I'm not sure how to even read this, seems like you're trying to be clever and use bigger words than normal maybe. Dunno, but it's a mess.

Anyways, I did try to wrap my grill/emblem for fun as an experiment in looks, and posted it aptly as "why NOT to wrap your grill in CF". So I really dunno what you're trying to say? Maybe nothing, per usual.

Or rather, saying a lot, but not really saying anything, you know?
Old 06-10-2012 | 06:04 PM
Banned

I enjoy reading his claims. He tries to troll but is bad at it. You guys enjoy your night
Im still waiting for him to race me nissan2nissan
Old 06-10-2012 | 06:04 PM

I did but you still see the retards quoted text
Yeah we should have a rule that if you're choosing not to have retardo on your ignore list you aren't allowed to quote him.
Old 06-10-2012 | 06:08 PM

I'm joking around I'm fawking drunk hahaha been drinking since ealry with my German friend lol he big supervisor at the vw plant here in Chattanooga tn .... some sheet called schartz hog... aahhhh
Back off the diet Coke's, mang!
Old 06-10-2012 | 06:08 PM
Banned

Is that first sentance a question?
2000/2001 Maxima's are the most reliable of all of them on the whole.

95-96 are ugly, both inside and out, but yeah sure beauty is in the eye of the beholder or whatever.

95-96 and 97-98/99 had the exact same engine with no differences that I"m aware of, perhaps I'm wrong, if so please correct me. 99 Had some minor differences mainly in Emmisions controls and exhaust, but the engine was the same.

I'm not sure how to even read this, seems like you're trying to be clever and use bigger words than normal maybe. Dunno, but it's a mess.

Anyways, I did try to wrap my grill/emblem for fun as an experiment in looks, and posted it aptly as "why NOT to wrap your grill in CF". So I really dunno what you're trying to say? Maybe nothing, per usual.

Or rather, saying a lot, but not really saying anything, you know?
Tuner remember them backlit emblems well my mind has been working.plexi,5050 smd,3m clear epoxy

Quick Reply: 5th gen Off Topic Thread (Official Ghustle thread v1)