5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

5th gen Off Topic Thread (Official Ghustle thread v1)

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2012 | 06:01 AM

Originally Posted by Shift_Max
It is just the overall idea that you spent money and support a company that is basically a thief. But in the end it is not my cash. All I am stating is that I personally do not support that and never will. I just do not like it when people with fake stuff state that their fake wheels or shoes or whatever are equivalent to the real stuff.

In the end, if you own something fake, just keep your mouth shut about it and not brag how you have it.

/// End of story.
i agree, if you own fake just shut it and move on................. same if you own real stuff...

as for supporting theives, i can say this country was stolen lol, so was many others... ppl say christopher columbus discovered all there places but IIRC when he arrived at the place there were ppl already there lmao... since man, people have been capitalizing on other peoples ideas, add a lil twist and making it their own.... its life... same goes for cars n wheels
Old 06-20-2012 | 06:03 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by datdude20
:matt93se:
whats wrong with clean and basic throw a nice linen shirt on and your good to go

It is just the overall idea that you spent money and support a company that is basically a thief. But in the end it is not my cash. All I am stating is that I personally do not support that and never will. I just do not like it when people with fake stuff state that their fake wheels or shoes or whatever are equivalent to the real stuff.

In the end, if you own something fake, just keep your mouth shut about it and not brag how you have it.

/// End of story.
i cant say that i remember anyone saying that they are equivalent. it's always been stated that its a cheap alternative. i personally dont see rocking real wheels on a daily. i'd throw them on for a show and what not, but that'd be it.

Originally Posted by Rochester
Those are nice, but I'd be concerned cj would try and eat them.

Originally Posted by cjandura
Sorry bra but Tims have lost their clout move on. maby you need some of that surfer wear A&F or something like that then you can play this on the way to work

[youtube]NHuGG_FsC20[youtube]
difference between me and you, i buy quality and DGAF about 'whats in and whats not in' if its a good quality and i like it, i buy it. i'll never be into fads

Originally Posted by Grand_hustle17
lmao if by real "its only" the 1st people that did research on to design a specific wheel then we would then need to research who was the 1st company to make a 5 star rim/mesh rim etc etc. outside of that all other would be knock off, and lets take it to the extreme here lol... all the food we eat is a knock off lol... back to clothing and fashion, im sure ralph lauren wasnt the 1st to have made collar T's lol... its just one of those things i think ppl should just chill with... there is "real" then there is "not real"
I think you are a bit confused by the actual definition of a "knock-off".
We are talking about an exact copy of an item to the last detail.

Volk te37 for example. Legit, light, and forged wheel. Plenty of fake variations out there are an exact copy of the wheels visually. However underneath of it, the fake copies are not forged, are heavier, and the finish on them is not even close to the real Te37.
Old 06-20-2012 | 06:05 AM

i agree, if you own fake just shut it and move on................. same if you own real stuff...
If you own the real item, bragging rights come with it.

Its like having a kit car or having the actual exotic car.
Old 06-20-2012 | 06:07 AM

Volk te37 for example. Legit, light, and forged wheel. Plenty of fake variations out there are an exact copy of the wheels visually. However underneath of it, the fake copies are not forged, are heavier, and the finish on them is not even close to the real Te37.
no, he's not confused, he knows what it is, the same thing he says i agree w/. there's no reason to get bent out of shape over a knock off. do people get up in arms about turkey sausage? nope they keep it moving and get what they like.

a knock off is a knock off...you can say, i think it's kia that practically made damn near a replica of the civic...okkkkkk why get your panties in a bunch, if you dont like it, dont buy it..for somebody else it could be exactly what they wanted.
Old 06-20-2012 | 06:08 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by phatboislim
i cant say that i remember anyone saying that they are equivalent. it's always been stated that its a cheap alternative. i personally dont see rocking real wheels on a daily. i'd throw them on for a show and what not, but that'd be it.

difference between me and you, i buy quality and DGAF about 'whats in and whats not in' if its a good quality and i like it, i buy it. i'll never be into fads
same here man i stay away from fad clothes my wife used to buy me that crap rockawear,sean jean,red monkey and the worse of all ed hardy i HATE having a bunch of flashy artwork on clothes this look urks the hell out of me but they made me wear the crap

Name:  after.jpg
Views: 15
Size:  38.7 KB
Old 06-20-2012 | 06:09 AM

whats wrong with clean and basic throw a nice linen shirt on and your good to go
we come from two different era's. i forgot.
Old 06-20-2012 | 06:10 AM

soooooo back to my 300zx brake question lol
They're old and outdated. What else do you need to know?

Sorry bra but Tims have lost their clout move on. maby you need some of that surfer wear A&F or something like that then you can play this on the way to work

Wait... Don't be hatin' on my tims dawg

same here man i stay away from fad clothes my wife used to buy me that crap rockawear,sean jean,red monkey and the worse of all ed hardy i HATE having a bunch of flashy artwork on clothes this look urks the hell out of me but they made me wear the crap

[IMG]http://i610.photobucket.com/albums/tt186/cjandura/after.jpg[IMG]
I wonder what the "before" was......

Mawnin
Old 06-20-2012 | 06:10 AM

ppl say christopher columbus discovered all there places
IIRC, Columbus landed in the Bahamas thinking he was in Asia.
Old 06-20-2012 | 06:12 AM

lmao..im real picky about my shoes and jeans...i could give 2 ***** about a shirt

you tied it back to fashion and i think its a poor example, but you did clarify that you only tied them together "TO AN EXTENT"

you say these companies do so much "research" when to me, *the research on rims was already done for them, *the research of a design was already done also.. and to tie it into fashion is where i disagreed most.... i wonder how much research did michael jordan or Lebron James did in getting those shoes in their names lol...

who was the 1st wheel manufacture to come out with a concave 6spoke rim? how much "research" did that take them???... i dont blame the smaller company for capitalizing... we support that daily lol... we support theives every second lol...
Banned

Man last night I seen a 05ish VW bug leave a 350z by like 3 car twice...chit was embarrassing....they were both fully bolted on
Old 06-20-2012 | 06:13 AM

Originally Posted by phatboislim
no, he's not confused, he knows what it is, the same thing he says i agree w/. there's no reason to get bent out of shape over a knock off. do people get up in arms about turkey sausage? nope they keep it moving and get what they like.
So lets say you had an idea. Let's call this idea A. You designed it, tested it, put it into production. You own all the rights to it since you are the creator. Sales are going great until another individual takes your A and makes an exact replica and calls it B. Your sales on A drop drastically so there is less income in your pocket. You would be fine with it?

I am not getting bent out of shape but people need to understand and actually value their decisions before making a purchase.
Old 06-20-2012 | 06:13 AM

Originally Posted by aackshun
couldnt the same be said about a 4th gen or 5th gen maxima?
Old 06-20-2012 | 06:15 AM

by the way i offered you a escape from that Brett situation you got.
ill provide room and food you provide labor and your new name will be Carlos Montega

Hrmmm......

Originally Posted by Rochester
IIRC, Columbus landed in the Bahamas thinking he was in Asia.
YOU!!!!! How in the hell did I miss page 263?? I certainly question the decision of me being the weirdest ghustler.......
Banned

Wait... Don't be hatin' on my tims dawg

I wonder what the "before" was......

Mawnin
Name:  PB050004.jpg
Views: 16
Size:  172.3 KB

So lets say you had an idea. Let's call this idea A. You designed it, tested it, put it into production. You own all the rights to it since you are the creator. Sales are going great until another individual takes your A and makes an exact replica and calls it B. Your sales on A drop drastically so there is less income in your pocket. You would be fine with it?

I am not getting bent out of shape but people need to understand and actually value their decisions before making a purchase.
and this is what i also said earlier... if you own the company then o.k i understand why... but as a consumer??? no, i think its stupid getting caught up in that loyalty, you dont get paid for that lol
Old 06-20-2012 | 06:16 AM

[IMG]http://i610.photobucket.com/albums/tt186/cjandura/PB050004.jpg[IMG]
Damn homeboy lost a lot of weight, I never did see the before, nice work manggg.
Old 06-20-2012 | 06:17 AM

nikka gained some weight lmao......... hold fast... this was before lol
Old 06-20-2012 | 06:18 AM
Banned

Damn homeboy lost a lot of weight, I never did see the before, nice work manggg.
4xl and sz62 pants not my best time in life and my wife had me dressed like a clown god i felt like clashez car back then
Old 06-20-2012 | 06:18 AM

and this is what i also said earlier... if you own the company then o.k i understand why... but as a consumer??? no, i think its stupid getting caught up in that loyalty, you dont get paid for that lol
This.

That's why IDGAF about the names on products, just their performance, feel, look, sound, etc.... a typical End-Consumer.

4xl and sz62 pants not mu best time in like and my wife ad me dressed like a clown god i felt like clashez car back then
Damn bigger than me at my biggest.
Old 06-20-2012 | 06:19 AM
Banned

nikka gained some weight lmao......... hold fast... this was before lol
yup before

we come from two different era's. i forgot.
... THIS!!!!!!!!... i was never a big "black label" or "ed hardy" fan lol

you tied it back to fashion and i think its a poor example, but you did clarify that you only tied them together "TO AN EXTENT"

you say these companies do so much "research" when to me, *the research on rims was already done for them, *the research of a design was already done also.. and to tie it into fashion is where i disagreed most.... i wonder how much research did michael jordan or Lebron James did in getting those shoes in their names lol...

who was the 1st wheel manufacture to come out with a concave 6spoke rim? how much "research" did that take them???... i dont blame the smaller company for capitalizing... we support that daily lol... we support theives every second lol...
You are still not getting the point. Facepalm...

By research I mean what materials work best, the manufacturing process like forged or cast, how to market the items, etc.
Research is not just how the items looks (aka design) since there is more to it then that.
Old 06-20-2012 | 06:21 AM

i see where you are coming from and as the owner of the company i would be pissed. but as a tuner on a budget...that wouldnt be my problem. these days people just want the look
Old 06-20-2012 | 06:22 AM

This.

That's why IDGAF about the names on products, just their performance, feel, look, sound, etc.... a typical End-Consumer.
i actually commend the "knock off" companies for making me feel just as special as the more fortunate..... **** all that brand royalty... when really they stole the idea also lol
Old 06-20-2012 | 06:23 AM

4xl and sz62 pants not my best time in life and my wife had me dressed like a clown god i felt like clashez car back then

Last edited by datdude20; 06-20-2012 at 06:29 AM.
Old 06-20-2012 | 06:25 AM

... THIS!!!!!!!!... i was never a big "black label" or "ed hardy" fan lol
i try to stay away from what everybody else has........main reason why im ordering those christmas lebron 9's tomorrow....lol...after that imma get the china lebron 9s and rock a kevin durant jersey with them just cuz im an *** hole..lmao
Old 06-20-2012 | 06:25 AM

i see where you are coming from and as the owner of the company i would be pissed. but as a tuner on a budget...that wouldnt be my problem. these days people just want the look
Sad but true.

Tell me I can't make a set of headers better than cattman's for 770.

I'll make a one off set better, and cheaper.

i actually commend the "knock off" companies for making me feel just as special as the more fortunate..... **** all that brand royalty... when really they stole the idea also lol
#TrueStory
Old 06-20-2012 | 06:26 AM

I guess that is where the difference lies because I actually care where my money goes to in the end. I want a quality product that I know is not a replica,copy,knock-off of something else. I will spend more money to get the real item and in the end know that even if there are copies of it, I still have the legit pair of wheels or whatever it is. And there are plenty of people just like me and they will recognize and give credit where it is due since they know.
Old 06-20-2012 | 06:27 AM

I guess that is where the difference lies because I actually care where my money goes to in the end. I want a quality product that I know is not a replica,copy,knock-off of something else. I will spend more money to get the real item and in the end know that even if there are copies of it, I still have the legit pair of wheels or whatever it is. And there are plenty of people just like me and they will recognize and give credit where it is due since they know.
Wait.... Now in the end..... Do you still own a Maxima? I forgets sometimes.

If you do.... No1 will give you credit for anything... Nothing more than... "Oh that's a Maxima? I didn't know people mod those... That's nice"
Old 06-20-2012 | 06:27 AM

You are still not getting the point. Facepalm...

By research I mean what materials work best, the manufacturing process like forged or cast, how to market the items, etc.
Research is not just how the items looks (aka design) since there is more to it then that.
all that is weak selling factors to jack the price up... what do you mean what works best lmao.... the rim spins and you get to and from work lol... its literally as simple as that no need to get extremely technical, if they knew what worked so great on research they should make an indestructible rim, there "best material rim" still bends and cracks the same in a pothole lmao..... if they can make a rim out of water and it does the job the exact same way as the "knock off" the who cares??? (tying back to fasion), who cares if your 100% cotton T's are polo or fubu??? you are clothed lmao...
Old 06-20-2012 | 06:28 AM
Banned

i try to stay away from what everybody else has........main reason why im ordering those christmas lebron 9's tomorrow....lol...after that imma get the china lebron 9s and rock a kevin durant jersey with them just cuz im an *** hole..lmao
i never understood the sneake fad and FFS are AF1's dead yet im so tired of looking at them and Jordan please stop there just plain gaudy now christ i have 3 pairs of jordans in the closet i have never worn cause they are ugly as sin and has anyone seen them new ankle cuff adidas?
Old 06-20-2012 | 06:28 AM

my wife had me dressed like a clown
There certainly is a Dom Deluise thing going on.

In fact, get a few more of you guys together, and a spontaneous bowling tournament might break out.
Old 06-20-2012 | 06:29 AM
Banned

Sad but true.

Tell me I can't make a set of headers better than cattman's for 770.

I'll make a one off set better, and cheaper.

#TrueStory
i knows where the cattman header flanges come from they forgot to grind the name off on the set i got
Old 06-20-2012 | 06:30 AM

i never understood the sneake fad and FFS are AF1's dead yet im so tired of looking at them and Jordan please stop there just plain gaudy now christ i have 3 pairs of jordans in the closet i have never worn cause they are ugly as sin and has anyone seen them new ankle cuff adidas?
DONT YOU DARE HATE ON MY AF1'S!

hatin on my tims... hatin on my af1s.... CJ you're on the expressway to aackshun's ****list......

people say the word "stanced" is mis used relative to cars, but i think the ultimate and #1 most mis used word is "quality".... thats just the biggest bail out for almost everything car related... i guess for driving on asphault the best "quality" is forged rims.. GTFOH lmao

Wait.... Now in the end..... Do you still own a Maxima? I forgets sometimes.

If you do.... No1 will give you credit for anything... Nothing more than... "Oh that's a Maxima? I didn't know people mod those... That's nice"
doesnt matter what u drive...u mod what your pockets can handle
Old 06-20-2012 | 06:31 AM

True. For most it is just about the look. But like I stated for others it is more then that and I am one of those individuals. Tuning is a hobby for me so I do not set a budget for me. I do have other priorities in life but that does not mean that I have to cut my budget down. I just have to make a decision. And I have been brought up in the sense that saving is always an option so I rather save for a pair of legit wheels instead of giving in and buying a fake pair just because I really wanted wheels for my car.

That is why when you look at my 4th gen, it stands out that much more then these half-*** built cars out there.

In the end people give credit to individuals that do it right.

Quick Reply: 5th gen Off Topic Thread (Official Ghustle thread v1)