5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

5th gen Off Topic Thread (Official Ghustle thread v1)

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2012 | 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by Mr. Brett
The reason you can get away with clay bar and wax so easily is because your car is beige; it hides imperfections well. Far better than black does.
ahhhh yes black is terrible for keeping its factory shine. lol sorry for that
Old 05-17-2012 | 01:38 PM

The reason you can get away with clay bar and wax so easily is because your car is beige; it hides imperfections well. Far better than black does.
You know what else helps? White car.

And you know what else helps? New car.

Old 05-17-2012 | 01:42 PM
dot dot dot ...

Every time I glance at the title of this thread I think "I don't always ... but when i do".

Old 05-17-2012 | 01:48 PM
dot dot dot ...

why the hell do sigs show up on every post now?

happened to the option to shut that shti down ...
Old 05-17-2012 | 01:52 PM

Old 05-17-2012 | 01:55 PM
dot dot dot ...

Originally Posted by Rochester

What happened to racecar?
Old 05-17-2012 | 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by NmexMAX
I like your approach.

http://forums.maxima.org/8477602-post9.html

I was half way through a long asz typing when I said, you know what ... it's not even worth it. And then I aborted new reply.
That's exactly what happened with me

I saw his body kit and I was like........ fck this.

Originally Posted by ShocknAwe
For saying you dislike Clashez so much you guys give him so much attention
We dislike you and we give you attn.

This is a problem....

[IMG]http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/576240_10150968143103824_66789443823_12060712_8370 44630_n.jpg[IMG]
$560 shipped? That's cheaper than struts and springs d00d.....

XYZ Coilovers

why the hell do sigs show up on every post now?

happened to the option to shut that shti down ...
Hrmm works fine for me.
Old 05-17-2012 | 01:57 PM

Racecars don't have body parts.

Old 05-17-2012 | 01:59 PM

Attorney General Holder says, "WE HAVE NO RIGHT TO POSSESS GUNS."

Here's something for CJandura & others who feel the right to bear arms is important. I don't own firearms, but do defend the right of choice.

Attorney General Holder says, "WE HAVE NO RIGHT TO POSSESS GUNS."

TAKES 10 SECONDS ... DO IT AND PASS IT ON.

Guess they were not happy with the poll results the first time, so USA today is running another one...Vote now...
Attorney General Eric Holder, has already said this is one of his major issues. He does not believe the 2nd Amendment gives individuals the right to bear arms. This takes literally 2 clicks to complete. Please vote on this gun issue question with USA Today. Then pass the link on to all the pro-gun folks you know. Hopefully the results will be published later this month.

Here's what you need to do:
First - vote. Click to vote:
USATODAY.COM
Second - Send it to other folks, then see if the results get published.
Old 05-17-2012 | 02:00 PM
dot dot dot ...

Originally Posted by aackshun
Racecars don't have body parts.

WIN ... I wasn't expecting that, but that's the right answer.
Old 05-17-2012 | 02:00 PM

We dislike you and we give you attn.

This is a problem....
The difference being I dont try to get yall to like me though lol

$560 shipped? That's cheaper than struts and springs d00d.....

XYZ Coilovers
link? not a link to the process of getting it worked out
Old 05-17-2012 | 02:02 PM

The difference being I dont try to get yall to like me though lol

link? not a link to the process of getting it worked out
Neither does Crashez.

PM CJAndura.
Old 05-17-2012 | 02:04 PM

Funny, but wrong.

The price (singular, subject of sentence) of coilovers (plural, but the object), IS too damn high (subject is singular, remember?)...

The priceS (plural) ARE too damn high...but the price IS too damn high.

Don't know why but that bugs the bejesus out of me.
Old 05-17-2012 | 02:06 PM
Banned

No they are not
Old 05-17-2012 | 02:08 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Galactica
Coilovers are too expensive... Springs and struts for me.
Bullcrap get with Ghustle
Old 05-17-2012 | 02:09 PM

If that deal does come through I might actually make the switch. Thats crazy good. THe only thing Im worried about is what happens in the case of a failure down the road? DO they have a distributor here in America? Im aware they are well known on the drift scene and overseas but I thought they were fairly new here?
Old 05-17-2012 | 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by Amerikaner83
Funny, but wrong.

The price (singular, subject of sentence) of coilovers (plural, but the object), IS too damn high (subject is singular, remember?)...

OMG!!! It bothers me so much too but I didnt want to be the grammar **** today so I let it pass lol
Old 05-17-2012 | 02:10 PM

If that deal does come through I might actually make the switch. Thats crazy good. THe only thing Im worried about is what happens in the case of a failure down the road? DO they have a distributor here in America? Im aware they are well known on the drift scene and overseas but I thought they were fairly new here?
Meh.
Old 05-17-2012 | 02:13 PM

Meh.
Yes thats exactly why I asked those questions? They aren't well known here in the states and I certainly had not heard of them before this came up. They sponsor several GT cars. The company is small and I don't know who distributes the parts and how you would get a warranty replacement

ninja edits meh
Old 05-17-2012 | 02:14 PM

ninja edits meh
Old 05-17-2012 | 02:17 PM

FOr the price its great. They are probably offering reduced prices as they try to build a reputation here in the states.

From another forum who has PERSONAL expierence:
"I am in the car parts(especially tuning) wholesale business. We are the exclusive EBC and Goodridge dealers in Romania and we also are official dealers for Powerflex, Bilstein, Tarox, and AP. As you can see we are accustomed with only serious suppliers.
I am writing this article hoping that no one will have the same bad luck as we did.
Because I received a lot of advertising emails from XYZ, I decided to give XYZ a try because I needed a suspension that was only available from them. I ordered 4 suspensions and a brake kit. The delivery time was supposed to be 7-10 days but they didnt respected it and the order was ready for dispatch after 21 days!!!. One of the suspensions did not fit and one of the brake kits came with the wrong bolt pattern.

I wrote to my sales agent and after sending pictures and making a lot of measurements during a whole week, she gave me the solution: the return of the items is not accepted because is not their fault they did not fit. The only argument they had was:”we sold these to a lot of customers and they dind not had any problems with them”

I modified the brake kit and fitted it but after 100km the rotors started to vibrate and when we checked them, the aluminium hats were deformed and not because of the heat but because the material was too weak for this type of application. I contacted the sales agent but the answer came a lot faster this time: improper usage, no warranty.

I advise all potential buyers to stay away from the 3 Taiwanese brands: XYZ, D2 and K-Sport, they are all made in the same factory, all parts are interchangeable and all share the same low quality and absolutely no warranty.
- The package and the paint quality of their products is very high but at a closer look you will recognize a cheap “made in China” design who does not worth the money(480$/coilover and 780$/330mm brake kit).
- The suspension hardness is adjustable but the difference between the hardest and softest settings is imperceptible and the shocks are very fragile(after only 3 trackdays there was a lot of play on the front shocks on a MK5 GTI).
- The diameter of the calipers` pistons in their brake kits is the same for all cars and in many cases they are a downgrade instead of an upgrade, the pistons surface being smaller that the one from the oem caliper. The 6 pot caliper has is in fact a 2 piston caliper. Despite the fact it has 3 pistons/side, 2 of them have 35mm diameter and the third has only 25mm. The total area is 2415mm² which is smaller than the area of almost any oem caliper(a standard Golf MK5 caliper has 57mm diameter piston with an area of 2551mm)"

disgruntled or foreshadow for us? Don't get me wrong, not trying to knock them but these stories are NOt few and far between. The complaints on the warranty replacement are aplenty. THis is what I said from the start. In china all the plans for parts have to be shared and can look good but are not good quality

Last edited by ShocknAwe; 05-17-2012 at 02:23 PM.
Old 05-17-2012 | 02:20 PM
Banned

One of there manufacturing plants is only 45 minutes from me its where i visited to talk to them
Old 05-17-2012 | 02:20 PM

I bet it hurts a lot more to find scratches and chips on that new car than it does on my used car.

I keed, I keed. But in all seriousness, I do like the G sedan in white. Very appealing.

The coupe, however, eh...not so much. Too bland for the lines of the car. Black, red, and the elusive Caribbean Blue for me.

Never understood why Nissan released so few G's in this color. It's a good-looking color. I bet it'd look good on a Z, too.
Old 05-17-2012 | 02:24 PM

OMG!!! It bothers me quite a bit as well, but I didn't want to be the grammar Nazi today, so I let it pass. Lol
Fixedededededed
Old 05-17-2012 | 02:24 PM
dot dot dot ...

I should just take the plunge. My car isn't near what it used to be as far as mileage when it was in DD mode.
Old 05-17-2012 | 02:26 PM

FOr the price its great. They are probably offering reduced prices as they try to build a reputation here in the states.
blah blah blahblah blah i'm chocknnaw da chupashargin chupacabra blahblahblah
Just get them.

Be cool.

Be different.

I'm getting them one of these days, goin on le white car so it can has teh slammage and pull all duh bishes

Also see below.

Originally Posted by cjandura
One of there manufacturing plants is only 45 minutes from me its where i visited to talk to them
#winning

I should just take the plunge. My car isn't near what it used to be as far as mileage when it was in DD mode.
Buying CO-ROVAHS?!?!??!
Old 05-17-2012 | 02:27 PM

Fixedededededed
Old 05-17-2012 | 02:32 PM

Fixedededededed
yeppers

And I love the "erriors" in the label of the pie chart too
Old 05-17-2012 | 02:32 PM

If the deal goes through I will probably get them as well. I just don't like wasting my money and if they are indeed knock-offs made by a company who have simply made enough money off cheap people to stay in business then Im gonna be pissed.

CJ, Is that an actual XYZ office or just a distributor for them? Apparently they sent out offers to a ton of distributors offering extremely low prices and they received so many complaints that many have stopped distributing them now.
Old 05-17-2012 | 02:33 PM
Banned

Aackshun you see my ? To you last page about part
Old 05-17-2012 | 02:34 PM
dot dot dot ...

Buying CO-ROVAHS?!?!??!
Shti .. i didn't vlarify .. But yes .. With TC105n's.
Old 05-17-2012 | 02:35 PM

OK, because sportscar-ish.

Just keeping it real. I mean, the G37 6MT is an awesome car, but at the end of the day it's not really all that. I think I'm getting way to used to it.
Old 05-17-2012 | 02:36 PM
Banned

If the deal goes through I will probably get them as well. I just don't like wasting my money and if they are indeed knock-offs made by a company who have simply made enough money off cheap people to stay in business then Im gonna be pissed.

CJ, Is that an actual XYZ office or just a distributor for them? Apparently they sent out offers to a ton of distributors offering extremely low prices and they received so many complaints that many have stopped distributing them now.
Actual office/assembly plant i watched them make a few of them didnt see no brake kits around
Old 05-17-2012 | 02:38 PM

What's going on, Tuner? You trying to buff out the Swirlmeister for any event in particular?
Actually just started with wetsanding way too rough (1000 ) to blend the trunk in.

Now I have a full job ahead of me. I have to re-wetsand before i touch it with the buffer again.

Thank ya

HIDs will color-shift after a few hours' worth of use. Sometimes up the spectrum, sometimes down, depending on the salts in the bulbs. The glass may also play into it.

bunch of stuff

I used a Snap-On buffer with a variable speed trigger. Runs up to 3000 RPMs. I stayed in between 1800 and 2200, though.

You won't take off too much paint as long as you keep the buffer moving, and make sure you have plenty of polish to keep the paint from getting too hot.
Thanks for the advice.

And yes, HID's shift in colour, it can not be determined exactly how they will shift on cheap bulbs, cheaper the salts/processing/forumla the more random it is and the worse the output is
Old 05-17-2012 | 02:39 PM
Banned

OK, because sportscar-ish.

Just keeping it real. I mean, the G37 6MT is an awesome car, but at the end of the day it's not really all that. I think I'm getting way to used to it.
Time to introduce mods
Old 05-17-2012 | 02:42 PM

Maybe they got the plans for either Ksport or D2 and actually try to replicate the quality instead of cheaping out. I just dont want to buy them and the springs are too stiff to make up for crappy dampers. The quality of the damper and the hardware MAKE a coilover. In reality not many on here will be able to see how they hold up under track conditions either. Most of the DD's on here will probably love them. I was mostly worried to hear the "30 way adjustable" is not exactly very different. Kind of like AGX struts I guess
Old 05-17-2012 | 02:44 PM

Funny, but wrong.

i dont think its wrong because its speaking in plural n not singular.... the prices (multiple dif sets of coils) are too damn high... dont seem wrong to me... but with CJ around i disagree
Old 05-17-2012 | 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by Grand_hustle17
i dont think its wrong because its speaking in plural n not singular.... the prices (multiple dif sets of coils) are too damn high... dont seem wrong to me... but with CJ around i disagree
The subject of the sentence is PRICE. Singular. Therefore, the price...IS.

If the subject was PRICES, plural, then "are" would be correct.

The price IS.....the prices ARE.
Old 05-17-2012 | 02:54 PM

The subject of the sentence is PRICE. Singular. Therefore, the price...IS.

If the subject was PRICES, plural, then "are" would be correct.

The price IS.....the prices ARE.
who said it was singular??? i thought it was speaking about every coilovers set... if it was only about 1 specific coilover set then the price of coilovers wouldnt be too damn high i would think..
Old 05-17-2012 | 02:54 PM

Grammar concepts like that are hard for people. If it sounds weird then most likely it is bad grammar. The internet has downgraded grammar quality immensely. I chose to just laugh at the joke lol. The sentence started off with price. Which is singular. It wouldn't matter if they were talking about one or more sets. It doesn't matter here in a grammar sense. The price or the cost IS too high whereas prices or costs ARE too high. You would still say the price of every set of coilovers on the earth is too high

Last edited by ShocknAwe; 05-17-2012 at 02:58 PM.

Quick Reply: 5th gen Off Topic Thread (Official Ghustle thread v1)