5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

5th gen Off Topic Thread (Official Ghustle thread v1)

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2012 | 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by aackshun
You know what's funny....

A good comparison to see if the TP + Spacers helped is to re-race my GF in her Kia

If I can pull on it before 4th, then the mods did help
sooooooooooooooooooooooooo what was the joke again???
Old 08-06-2012 | 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by Grand_hustle17
does he even post here anymore???... havent really seen the lil ignored post by him as of late
I think everybody has him on ignore now so he cant troll like he used to
Old 08-06-2012 | 12:19 PM

does he even post here anymore???... havent really seen the lil ignored post by him as of late
He did earlier, but I think he's still sore from gettin hit w/ the ban hammer, that's why he's been quiet

Originally Posted by ShocknAwe
Might have to order 2 SE binnacles from you here in the next few days. Ill PM you a mileage to shoot for if I do?
Binnacles?
Old 08-06-2012 | 12:20 PM

sooooooooooooooooooooooooo what was the joke again???
That your car can't beat a Kia SUV
Old 08-06-2012 | 12:20 PM

Story time:

Took an alternate route to the office this morning, and for whatever reason the traffic had disappeared while I approached this wide off-ramp on the left side of the road. It's a relatively gentle left-hand turn across traffic, which pulls back to the right, then goes uphill at a steep incline. So I plowed into it faster than I ever had before in the Maxima. The TC winked at me, but there was no oversteer and no correction (on my part). I just steered where I wanted to go, smashed the throttle, and slipped into 3rd gear as it raced uphill.

What a rush.

After I got on the highway, I was struck with amazement at two things. One, I couldn't believe how fast and controlled that little maneuver was.

And two... I could have gone faster.
Old 08-06-2012 | 12:21 PM

Binnacles?
sorry I have obviously been watching too much Wheeler Dealers. Gauge cluster for an SE
Old 08-06-2012 | 12:23 PM

That your car can't beat a Kia SUV
lol... tell me something i dont know
He did earlier, but I think he's still sore from gettin hit w/ the ban hammer, that's why he's been quiet
Old 08-06-2012 | 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by Rochester
Story time:

Took an alternate route to the office this morning, and for whatever reason the traffic had disappeared while I approached this wide off-ramp on the left side of the road. It's a relatively gentle left-hand turn across traffic, which pulls back to the right, then goes uphill at a steep incline. So I plowed into it faster than I ever had before in the Maxima. The TC winked at me, but there was no oversteer and no correction (on my part). I just steered where I wanted to go, smashed the throttle, and slipped into 3rd gear as it raced uphill.

What a rush.

After I got on the highway, I was struck with amazement at two things. One, I couldn't believe how fast and controlled that little maneuver was.

I have been having similar fun finding the breaking point of the new G-Force sport tires. Luckily I haven't found it yet because I wouldn't be typing right now. I have a long sweeping right hand turn near me that is down hill at first then uphill. It is 2 lanes as well so I can take it faster than a 1 lane when nobody is close by. Every drive I try to have fun at least once or twice or why the hell do I mod my car in the first place?
Old 08-06-2012 | 12:31 PM

it starts!!!

dat GS
Old 08-06-2012 | 12:31 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=LAAvyEkcAZ0
Old 08-06-2012 | 12:32 PM

In case you guys have never heard of this website before. Check it out. Really neat stuff like this:

http://uncrate.com/stuff/audi-auto-u...-e-tron-study/

Needless to say some modifications would be done to the electric motor.....
Old 08-06-2012 | 12:37 PM

sorry I have obviously been watching too much Wheeler Dealers. Gauge cluster for an SE
No helpidy here, I sold mine locally from le white nightmare.

Story time:

What a rush.

Mmmmm, good story. The white car impressed me last night, same thing, the weather is getting cooler @ night so the AGX's are handling like they own the road again.

lol... tell me something i dont know

Old 08-06-2012 | 12:46 PM

Every drive I try to have fun at least once or twice or why the hell do I mod my car in the first place?
THIS!!!

Shocker gets it.

And then it simply becomes a personal assessment on how to have fun that is reasonable and (mostly) responsible considering public roadways. The best rule of thumb is to do this kind of stunt when there are no other cars around.

We had a teacher get killed while jogging last week because she was clipped by a biker who was popping wheelies. Sadly, it wasn't the motorcycle that killed her, it was the biker's girlfriend in the car behind him. She drove over the victim.
Old 08-06-2012 | 12:53 PM

THIS!!!

Shocker gets it.

And then it simply becomes a personal assessment on how to have fun that is reasonable and (mostly) responsible considering public roadways. The best rule of thumb is to do this kind of stunt when there are no other cars around.

We had a teacher get killed while jogging last week because she was clipped by a biker who was popping wheelies. Sadly, it wasn't the motorcycle that killed her, it was the biker's girlfriend in the car behind him. She drove over the victim.

Yes its about responsibility. I really hold myself back because I don't want to be "that guy" who others assume is a 15 yr old kid who just got his license. I don't drive reckless at night for multiple reasons and certainly when its not wet.....well unless I want to break my tires loose in a parking lot. I would be heartbroken if I was the cause of my car being hurt cosmetically or physically. Now I probably drive much faster than most would assume is average but I have a belscort 950 that protects me as well
Old 08-06-2012 | 12:57 PM

Yes its about responsibility. I really hold myself back because I don't want to be "that guy" who others assume is a 15 yr old kid who just got his license. I don't drive reckless at night for multiple reasons and certainly when its not wet.....well unless I want to break my tires loose in a parking lot. I would be heartbroken if I was the cause of my car being hurt cosmetically or physically. Now I probably drive much faster than most would assume is average but I have a belscort 950 that protects me as well
You really are an enigma to me at times. Back in February, I was convinced you were a 15 year old kid who just got his license.

People are funny.
Old 08-06-2012 | 01:08 PM

You really are an enigma to me at times. Back in February, I was convinced you were a 15 year old kid who just got his license.

People are funny.
Forums are funny like that. Never really sure who you are talking to. Its like horror movies, a good one doesn't show you the creature because one can come up with much scarier things in their own mind. When a movie shows the creature you are kind of like "thats it? I had something completely different pictured"! I live in an area where there is a multitude of modified cars. They get attention from the police just being parked because Atlanta is trying to outlaw drifting within the city limits citing "noise violations". Its better to be under the radar for me personally for multiple reasons. I haven't modified the exterior of my car to avoid attention and because I don't really know how either. In Atlanta if people see you driving crazy they report you.

Last edited by ShocknAwe; 08-06-2012 at 01:11 PM.
Old 08-06-2012 | 01:16 PM

Forums are funny like that. Never really sure who you are talking to. Its like horror movies, a good one doesn't show you the creature because one can come up with much scarier things in their own mind. When a movie shows the creature you are kind of like "thats it? I had something completely different pictured"! I live in an area where there is a multitude of modified cars. They get attention from the police just being parked because Atlanta is trying to outlaw drifting within the city limits citing "noise violations". Its better to be under the radar for me personally for multiple reasons. I haven't modified the exterior of my car to avoid attention and because I don't really know how either. In Atlanta if people see you driving crazy they report you.
Sooo drifting is currently legal in ATL?

And G.C.S.D + D.C.S.D. make me

They're as bad as the Sugar Land cops here, super bored w/ nothing better to do w/ their lives. My first Maxima's first pullover belong's to my mom, for making a left turn out of a gas station where you weren't supposed to
Old 08-06-2012 | 01:20 PM

Fisrt time I ever got pulled over was when I was 12, in Arizona. Apparently you can't drive a golf-cart on a residential street and get away with it. ******* rent-a-cop
Old 08-06-2012 | 01:23 PM

Sooo drifting is currently legal in ATL?

And G.C.S.D + D.C.S.D. make me

They're as bad as the Sugar Land cops here, super bored w/ nothing better to do w/ their lives. My first Maxima's first pullover belong's to my mom, for making a left turn out of a gas station where you weren't supposed to
g.c.s.d and d.c.s.d? a sheriff's dept? I dont know.....

Yes I believe it is currently still legal. Google it and you will see the arguments. The modified scene had a petition going around that I signed but it will be made illegal shortly if it is not already. It is for events lol not drifting on the streets. THey have weekend events in the Turner field( Braves stadium) parking lot on saturdays and I guess some people dont like it
Old 08-06-2012 | 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by Amerikaner83
Fisrt time I ever got pulled over was when I was 12, in Arizona. Apparently you can't drive a golf-cart on a residential street and get away with it. ******* rent-a-cop
My first ticket was speeding something serious and my last ticket was a damn taillight. What cop writes a ticket for that instead of warning you? Atlanta cops are cool for the most part but if you are doing something they don't like they will put you in jail on the quickness. They deal with so many crazies and so much B.S. you really cant blame them for being pissed off all the time
Old 08-06-2012 | 01:26 PM

g.c.s.d and d.c.s.d? a sheriff's dept? I dont know.....

Yes I believe it is currently still legal. Google it and you will see the arguments. The modified scene had a petition going around that I signed but it will be made illegal shortly if it is not already. It is for events lol not drifting on the streets. THey have weekend events in the Turner field( Braves stadium) parking lot on saturdays and I guess some people dont like it
Gwinnet County and DeKalb are the ones I'm "familiar" with.

C.S.D. were just acronyms I use on my local forums, figured it was teh same everywhere else.

And I see, they're gettin **** w/ it.......

It's going to be another Weed argument type deal, if they don't legalize it and regulate it... They're going to be spending more trying to ban it instead of making any trying to regulate it.

I swear to gawdd I'd make bank if I opened a drift park here in Houston, one that's NOT in the hood and only a circle like the only place one can drift on a weekly basis.
Old 08-06-2012 | 01:28 PM

Gwinnet County and DeKalb are the ones I'm "familiar" with.

C.S.D. were just acronyms I use on my local forums, figured it was teh same everywhere else.

And I see, they're gettin **** w/ it.......
oh yea lol Gwinnett pulls me over every time they can because I have racked up a few distribution charges in their county. Dekalb I stay away from. They dont play with moving violations.

Yea the city sees it as mostly kids and the event doesn't bring in people who spend money. If they ban it then I have heard FD will not come back to Road Atlanta. However, it is such a popular event I dont see them moving elsewhere. It was probably just their way of opposing the ban

Last edited by ShocknAwe; 08-06-2012 at 01:30 PM.
Old 08-06-2012 | 01:30 PM
"I'm just sayin'..."

...Mmmmm, good story. The white car impressed me last night, same thing, the weather is getting cooler @ night so the AGX's are handling like they own the road again...
WUT

Old 08-06-2012 | 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by nelledge
[SIZE="7"]WUT[SIZE]

At least in Houston it is....
Old 08-06-2012 | 01:33 PM
"I'm just sayin'..."

At least in Houston it is....
Cooler than what? We just got into August. You know? The dog days of summer?
Old 08-06-2012 | 01:35 PM

there's alot of text in here
Old 08-06-2012 | 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by nelledge
Cooler than what? We just got into August. You know? The dog days of summer?
Than it was before, before it'd be hot as the devil's ******** @ night, now it's just humid w/ a nice breeze here and there, working all night last friday wasn't so miserable as it would have been a month ago.
Old 08-06-2012 | 01:36 PM

My first ticket was speeding something serious and my last ticket was a damn taillight. What cop writes a ticket for that instead of warning you? Atlanta cops are cool for the most part but if you are doing something they don't like they will put you in jail on the quickness. They deal with so many crazies and so much B.S. you really cant blame them for being pissed off all the time
My first ticket, I was 17. The inner idiot in me thought the right thing to do was to try and get away. Fortunately all the local cop did was laugh at me when I finally pulled over, and give me a speeding ticket. He could have given me more than one speeding ticket, reckless driving, running a red light on a one-lane bridge (yeah, I know) and all kinds of grief. But instead he just mocked me for being a moron.

You'd think I learned my lesson. You'd be wrong.

Took another 10 years and at least 10 more speeding tickets during those years. I'm almost 50 now and finally responsible on the road. Mostly.

I'm alive at least, and I haven't ever killed anyone. So I got that going for me.

Last edited by Rochester; 08-06-2012 at 01:38 PM.
Old 08-06-2012 | 01:37 PM

So no go on the gauge cluster? Guess Im driving an hr to the north ATL pull-a-part tomorrow. Nobody ever takes the good stuff there. Just local mechanics who need this part or that. I can still get ignition coils out of the cars FFS lol
Old 08-06-2012 | 01:39 PM

So no go on the gauge cluster? Guess Im driving an hr to the north ATL pull-a-part tomorrow. Nobody ever takes the good stuff there. Just local mechanics who need this part or that. I can still get ignition coils out of the cars FFS lol
Bahahahaa jew bastard, all of the easy to pull stuff disappears first out of Maximas @ PnP's here.
Old 08-06-2012 | 01:41 PM

My first ticket, I was 17. The inner idiot in me thought the right thing to do was to try and get away. Fortunately all the local cop did was laugh at me when I finally pulled over, and give me a speeding ticket. He could have given me more than one speeding ticket, reckless driving, running a red light on a one-lane bridge (yeah, I know) and all kinds of grief. But instead he just mocked me for being a moron.

Took another 10 years and at least 10 more speeding tickets during those years. I'm almost 50 now and finally responsible on the road. Mostly.

I'm alive at least. So I got that going for me.

I see it like this. Responsible is relative. Responsible driving for a prius is saving gas. Responsible driving for a sports car? Driving slowISH while taking turns and off-ramps at a slowISH speed. As long as you are not out there driving 120MPH at 5pm during rush hour then I don't have a problem. American drivers would flip out if they had to drive in europe where the median speed is much higher and people actually know how to drive so speed is not as dangerous as it is here where people will change lanes with no signal on the highway without even looking
Old 08-06-2012 | 01:44 PM

Bahahahaa jew bastard, all of the easy to pull stuff disappears first out of Maximas @ PnP's here.
When I am down there I am going to pull a full black leather interior as well. I have 3 to choose from hahahahaha. They even have a few 300zx TT's there but its far from new to the lot so the calipers, MAF's, fuel rails and other good stuff are gone
Old 08-06-2012 | 01:47 PM

I'm alive at least, and I haven't ever killed anyone. So I got that going for me.
It's so tempting to do this, it'd be foolish not to....

When you were 17, were you trying to get away in this car? From that cop?

Old 08-06-2012 | 01:49 PM

It's too tempting not to do this....

When you were 17, were you trying to get away in this car?

No, but I recognize the model.

It was a lame 1976 Pontiac Firebird. No *****, nothing to write home about. Just a 250ci straight-six with a 3sp automatic. But you know, it was a Firebird, so I thought I was a racecar driver.

This was 1981, so it was American Rice, LOL.

Old 08-06-2012 | 01:55 PM

No, but I recognize the model.

It was a lame 1976 Pontiac Firebird. No *****, nothing to write home about. Just a 250ci straight-six with a 3sp automatic. But you know, it was a Firebird, so I thought I was a racecar driver.

This was 1981, so it was American Rice, LOL.

Ahhhh so this was you back in the day...

Don't lie.
Old 08-06-2012 | 01:59 PM

Ahhhh so this was you back in the day...

Don't lie.
That was me, without the stache or the horny run-away bride. Certainly without the silly hat.

You know, I really can't stand Sally Field. But she was a cutie in that movie.
Old 08-06-2012 | 02:02 PM

BTW, aackshun. That's a pic from Smokey and the Bandit II. You can tell, because that's a Turbo T/A hood.

(And because Sally Field is a few years older.)
Old 08-06-2012 | 02:02 PM

Shes got a weird face, I dont know what it is. In that movie though she had some legs though goodness gracious. Good call on the SATB 2. Indeed it is. The first one is a classic. I love watching it. BAck when truckers were thought of as "cool" not like today were they are creepy. Like in Family vacation where the blonde was talking to the truckers in the picnic scene. Never see that today. I personally like truck-stops, you can see some very strange things there

Last edited by ShocknAwe; 08-06-2012 at 02:05 PM.
Old 08-06-2012 | 02:04 PM

Shes got a weird face, I dont know what it is. In that movie though she had some legs though goodness gracious
LOL

You'd hit on here in this pic. You know you would.

Old 08-06-2012 | 02:05 PM

That was me, without the stache or the horny run-away bride. Certainly without the silly hat.

You know, I really can't stand Sally Field. But she was a cutie in that movie.
Yeah frog could get it any day from me.... back in the day....

I dunno which one I saw, but your 'bird reminded me of it.

Last edited by aackshun; 08-06-2012 at 02:07 PM.

Quick Reply: 5th gen Off Topic Thread (Official Ghustle thread v1)