5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

ODD noises etc. after MVA

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2013, 05:43 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Hey board.
I'm a new member but have been reading the posts since I bought my 03 Maxima SE.
I bought the car immaculate from a previous owner who took very good care of the vehicle. About a month or two I rear ended someone just barely, well it killed my HD light, wheel, panel and door along with bending the metal on the roof around my skylight. The frame was not touched so I decided to get it repaired. I now question my decision although I do feel the job was rushed for many reasons. Anyhow I guess I'm looking for feedback as I broke my back during the MVA and cant do much myself. I am constantly bringing the car back as to me the job wasn't done right. A few problems that are not obvious to me that I was looking for feedback is
1-the light that was replaced both light and bulb are not Nissan nor does the bulb match the bulb for the original light and the replacement has a quick delay when turning the lights on.
2-when I make a sharp left turn into a parking space etc. And apply the brake hard I get a grinding sound and feeling as if there are no pads on my front wheels. I did notice my front stabilizer is bent a bit. Again I can't pull the wheel off because of my injuries (which is killing me as I want to know what it books like behind my wheel) I know they change the axle on that side but looks as if the gear is a little exposed where it meets the wheel compared to the other side.
And now I just noticed my wife pulling up and sounds like the dust guard or something is rubbing on the rotor (just my guess)
3- this has me concerned the most. After driving a bit there is a high pitch whining coming either from underneath the car where I crashed it ( all the pulleys , belts, alternator power steering components and of course serpentine belt and power steering belts (both new). Above that are the AC lines that I have noticed the low line develops a lot of condensation that seems to of course drip down.

Anyway, although I'll be bringing my car back again this has been a nightmare. I do work on my car but by no means do I consider myself a mechanic. If I notice this, for 6k worth of repairs apoarently you would think the shop would. This was a body shop my car happened to get towed to and NOT my mechanic who is going to look over my car after everything I noticed is fixed. Its just a pain in the *** to keep dropping the car off. It took them a month to complete what I feel was maybe 2 days of work. LESSON LEARNED.

If anybody has an idea what could be the whining soound and the wheel problem I'm open and appreciative to hear your input. I know its hard to diagnose without seeing everything. I did take a video and put together a presentation for the shop lol.

Thanks in advance, and I enjoy reading the posts on this board.
Be well.
Matt

Last edited by mattaz; 06-29-2013 at 11:27 PM.
Old 06-30-2013, 06:14 AM

I would of just bought a new max for less and parted out the other. I've never had a car drive the same after an accident. I also find it hard to believe that the frame was not bent yet your roof was damaged from the impact... maybe I missed something.
Old 06-30-2013, 06:27 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Sorry man, I hope your recovery is quick and painless.

Definitely sounds like a nickle and dime hack job.