5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Thoughts on this exhaust for the vq30

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2013, 12:15 PM

Thoughts on this exhaust for the vq30

What do you guys think of this exhaust for the 5th gen?

Old 07-19-2013, 01:16 PM

I don't know about this exhaust, either you have some serious sound distortion from the camera, or that exhaust sounds like it's farting.
Old 07-19-2013, 01:52 PM

thats definitely the camera!!
Old 07-19-2013, 01:56 PM

Yeah there's definitely camera distortion and I think the placement of the camera was also bad, I realized later that I had the mic flat on the ground and didn't put anything under my phone. I'll try to get a much better video here shortly.

It's an ANSA axelback, real quiet in the car during normal driving but when you give it a little throttle it definitely sounds louder than stock by a good margin. So I'm trying to figure out what one of these should sound like or if the sound I have is normal.

Haven't been able to find anything as far as videos of ANSA exhaust on a Maxima so I made this thread.
Old 07-19-2013, 02:17 PM

Tips are way too far apart from one another. Looks weird.
Old 07-19-2013, 02:35 PM

Couldn't help it..
Old 07-19-2013, 03:36 PM

I see I am no longer needed in here.

Old 07-19-2013, 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by aackshun

My bad. I tried to wait.
Old 07-19-2013, 03:50 PM
Banned

Wrong type of muffler some people just dint read or know any better.that muffler is not made for that type of application im sure the arsetart that had it installed got strange looks from the shop

Sent from my iPhone using MaximaOrg

Last edited by cjandura; 07-20-2013 at 03:16 AM.
Old 07-19-2013, 03:50 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by aackshun

I still lubs you Sugatitz

Old 07-19-2013, 05:24 PM

Don't know what a muggler is. Don't know what exactly you're talking about. Wrong type of muggler and application?

Well, I'll be honest, you were 100% on point when you said "some people just dint read or know any better".

http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/sk...SADA28157.html

It's an OEM replacement, direct bolt on muffler, it IS made for that type of application. And I don't know who the **** or the tard is, but the shop recommended it. :

Anyhow, any actual useful advice or info? Anyone? I'll be making a much better video tomorrow morning when the mic isn't on the ground, so maybe then those who actually know can chime in.
Old 07-20-2013, 03:20 AM
Banned

mufflers like that are made for under car mounting Not for bumper exit mounting that is why the spacing is like that on the output side. That is also why it does not fit in the exhaust cutout of the bumper. The arsetart is whoever didn't research mufflers and had it installed.use the below picture for an example of how that muffler is used it would be placed after the headers then branch out to dual ouputs.a little reading and research is all that was needed.

Last edited by cjandura; 07-20-2013 at 03:24 AM.
Old 07-20-2013, 07:17 AM

Originally Posted by cjandura
mufflers like that are made for under car mounting Not for bumper exit mounting that is why the spacing is like that on the output side. That is also why it does not fit in the exhaust cutout of the bumper. The arsetart is whoever didn't research mufflers and had it installed.use the below picture for an example of how that muffler is used it would be placed after the headers then branch out to dual ouputs.a little reading and research is all that was needed.

Is this a JOKE? Are you trolling my thread for some reason or what? Please STOP! And please don't tell me you're being serious...

SH*T, I have a 5th gen, that ^^^^ is obviously NOT what a 5th gen exhaust looks like at all! Why don't you try clicking on my link I supplied, you will see the correct diagram there. Please STOP posting INCORRECT and USELESS information here, that can possibly screw some n00b when they read it! MOVE ON TO A DIFFERENT THREAD W/ ALL YOUR BULL****! Also, are you really trying to explain to me or TEACH me what a resonator is (under car mounting muffler HAHAHA ) ??? Oh BTW, the tips are welded on and the muffler is all one piece from the manufacturer, so how would you suspect one of these would be used as a resonator or "under car mount muffler" as you put it??? Lord christ **** are you ever stupid!!!

HA HA HA HA HA

Jesus christ, this is too much. Some people (cjandura) would really be way better off not saying anything, would seem way smarter that way. So with that said, if you don't know damn SH*T about what your talking about, please don't try to post here like the above crap ^^^^. I wouldn't trust you to STAND NEXT TO my car with that kind of knowledge.

FYI, mine doesn't sit flush with the rear of the bumper because it's mounted differently due to my custom B-pipe, which was welded together with the axle-back after having the old bolt-on connection cut off (about 3-4") so in turn it just made the setup slightly shorter but it's all one piece. IMO it looks good and I actually seem to prefer it this way, you can still see the muffler and nice chrome tips perfectly but it's just slightly hidden and not sticking out at all. I may put some kind of spacer in there in a bit or figure out how to move it closer to the end, prolly look a little better but that's the extent of it the performance will be the same.

Hopefully that clears it up, just STOP with the BS!

And to everyone else who actually wants to help, I thank you and am still really hoping to get some actual useful advice or thoughts, from someone who knows. Just filmed another video, it's much better as far as the camera setup, but I figured out that the sound would always be bad due to my mic being on the inside and drowning out the sounds when the camera is on the other side.
Does anyone know how to film the exhaust without having those sound issues with a samsung galaxy 3? Or do I just basically need a second person to hold the camera a certain way?

Here is the video I just filmed (which is still not good sound wise), but is at least good enough to tell that the sound is normal w/o any "farting" and good enough to see what the exhaust looks like visually from the back:

To everyone who made little kid gay high school jokes (you all know who you are) and trolled this thread, you guys are truly a bunch of WEAK, DELICATE ****** ****** who sit online and bust a nut anytime you can make yourself feel better by being a ***** to others. I pity you all, and really feel bad for you.

The ANSA exhaust both looks and sounds very similarly to an SRS cat-back (depending on your mods), among a few others. My sound on the camera sucks, but so does anyone who made dumb jokes here. ANSA is Italian and is used on Lamborghinis and whatnot, and yes this exhaust is SPECIFICALLY made for the 2000-2003 maxima. All the ******* and weak ****** who posted here should just go be weak b*tches elsewhere.

Also, this thread can be very useful to those looking for OEM replacement mufflers, and looking at Bosal/Walker, since I haven't seen a single video of an ANSA on a 5th gen Maxima anywhere. Actually, any mods that read this -- we can make a sticky for OEM replacement exhaust options since the axle-back connection to the B-pipe is extremely common to fail on older Maximas. I've seen videos of Bosal and Walker, I think, and now we have ANSA so we can put all of them in there together and make a useful sticky out of it.

Anyone that has useful info and knowledge, I would LOVE to hear from you guys and get your opinions and THANK YOU for chiming in!
Old 07-20-2013, 08:08 AM

Originally Posted by D.Stillwell

Is this a JOKE? Are you trolling my thread for some reason or what? Please STOP! And please don't tell me you're being serious...

SH*T, I have a 5th gen, that ^^^^ is obviously NOT what a 5th gen exhaust looks like at all! Why don't you try clicking on my link I supplied, you will see the correct diagram there. Please STOP posting INCORRECT and USELESS information here, that can possibly screw some n00b when they read it! MOVE ON TO A DIFFERENT THREAD W/ ALL YOUR BULL****! Also, are you really trying to explain to me or TEACH me what a resonator is (under car mounting muffler HAHAHA ) ??? Oh BTW, the tips are welded on and the muffler is all one piece from the manufacturer, so how would you suspect one of these would be used as a resonator or "under car mount muffler" as you put it??? Lord christ **** are you ever stupid!!!

HA HA HA HA HA

Jesus christ, this is too much. Some people (cjandura) would really be way better off not saying anything, would seem way smarter that way. So with that said, if you don't know damn SH*T about what your talking about, please don't try to post here like the above crap ^^^^. I wouldn't trust you to STAND NEXT TO my car with that kind of knowledge.

FYI, mine doesn't sit flush with the rear of the bumper because it's mounted differently due to my custom B-pipe, which was welded together with the axle-back after having the old bolt-on connection cut off (about 3-4") so in turn it just made the setup slightly shorter but it's all one piece. IMO it looks good and I actually seem to prefer it this way, you can still see the muffler and nice chrome tips perfectly but it's just slightly hidden and not sticking out at all. I may put some kind of spacer in there in a bit or figure out how to move it closer to the end, prolly look a little better but that's the extent of it the performance will be the same.

Hopefully that clears it up, just STOP with the BS!

And to everyone else who actually wants to help, I thank you and am still really hoping to get some actual useful advice or thoughts, from someone who knows. Just filmed another video, it's much better as far as the camera setup, but I figured out that the sound would always be bad due to my mic being on the inside and drowning out the sounds when the camera is on the other side.
Does anyone know how to film the exhaust without having those sound issues with a samsung galaxy 3? Or do I just basically need a second person to hold the camera a certain way?

Here is the video I just filmed (which is still not good sound wise), but is at least good enough to tell that the sound is normal w/o any "farting" and good enough to see what the exhaust looks like visually from the back:

Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0i07KzJddw

To everyone who made little kid gay high school jokes (you all know who you are) and trolled this thread, you guys are truly a bunch of WEAK, DELICATE ****** ****** who sit online and bust a nut anytime you can make yourself feel better by being a ***** to others. I pity you all, and really feel bad for you.

The ANSA exhaust both looks and sounds very similarly to an SRS cat-back (depending on your mods), among a few others. My sound on the camera sucks, but so does anyone who made dumb jokes here. ANSA is Italian and is used on Lamborghinis and whatnot, and yes this exhaust is SPECIFICALLY made for the 2000-2003 maxima. All the ******* and weak ****** who posted here should just go be weak b*tches elsewhere.

Also, this thread can be very useful to those looking for OEM replacement mufflers, and looking at Bosal/Walker, since I haven't seen a single video of an ANSA on a 5th gen Maxima anywhere. Actually, any mods that read this -- we can make a sticky for OEM replacement exhaust options since the axle-back connection to the B-pipe is extremely common to fail on older Maximas. I've seen videos of Bosal and Walker, I think, and now we have ANSA so we can put all of them in there together and make a useful sticky out of it.

Anyone that has useful info and knowledge, I would LOVE to hear from you guys and get your opinions and THANK YOU for chiming in!

Sticky?!

Name:  ibtl1bush2.jpg
Views: 41
Size:  57.4 KB

Last edited by Fakie J Farkerton; 07-20-2013 at 08:15 AM.
Old 07-20-2013, 08:14 AM
Banned

Still its the wrong type muffler.and another thing i will bet i have done and experimated and bought more parts,engines,trans,mods and parts then you could ever and i dont buy cheap ebay knockoff bull crap that your posting about.so yes that muffler is the wrong type for the application it is being used for also which this clearly shows you dont know how to read i posted that image as an example of how that style of muffler is used.btw here is how a real exhaust looks and sounds and it fits perfect the way it should fit.
1. 2.5" megan
2. Magnaflow 24" resonator 6" body
3. Magnaflow 2.5 polished SS cat converter
4. Cattman Headers/Y-pipe

Last edited by cjandura; 07-20-2013 at 08:25 AM.
Old 07-20-2013, 08:20 AM

The muffler sounds weak, and the tips still look silly.

CJ's image example was to demonstrate use of that particular muffler at the mid-point, not the ends. Obviously that's not the exhaust design for the Maxima, and he said it was an example only of how that can is normally used, particularly with the tips so far apart from one another. As for the "little kid gay high school jokes"... did someone cast dispersion of homosexuality on your studly self? Would that offend you somehow? Weird.

But more over-the-top CJ bashing, please. That was fun.

Last edited by Rochester; 07-20-2013 at 08:29 AM.
Old 07-20-2013, 08:29 AM
Banned

Ok old guy dont make me show you the Nismo 3" Ti with cobb tuning downpipes and hiflows.dont worry i might let you polish them up for me after your evening enema and fruitcup

Old 07-20-2013, 08:32 AM

Ok old guy dont make me show you the Nismo 3" Ti with cobb tuning downpipes and hiflows.dont worry i might let you polish them up for me after your evening enema and fruitcup
Atta boy.

What is it about you that so easily brings out the butthurt in others? It's a gift, my friend.
Old 07-20-2013, 08:36 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Rochester

Atta boy.

What is it about you that so easily brings out the butthurt in others? It's a gift, my friend.
I think its because i hate cheap ill fitting ebay crap i believe you get what you pay for and how you shop is an extension of your personality.

Old 07-20-2013, 10:01 AM

What do you guys think of this exhaust for the 5th gen?

VQ30DEKA33B ANSA EXHAUST - YouTube
<IMHO> If you paid over $75.00 you got robbed.
Old 07-20-2013, 10:29 AM

ONE of the reasons that the ANSI exhaust is slightly louder than OEM stock is because it does not include the low RPM valve spring inside the muffler. So it has a greater flow at all RPM's, not just mid to WOT.

Check this out for more on that...

http://forums.maxima.org/5th-generat...r-exposed.html

As for looks, I think it is a great OEM alternative for the price and does look stock. Not sure why so much hate on the looks since it is definitely not a "aftermarket" performance muffler and resembles the stock design with stockish tips and diameter.

I do agree, the tips seem a slight bit wider than stock, but overall muffler design was to match the OEM stock muffler, not be a aftermarket "look at me" exhaust....

...but then again, what do I know. I have a watermelon shooter hanging out the rear of mine.

Last edited by nismopc; 07-20-2013 at 10:32 AM.
Old 07-20-2013, 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by nismopc
As for looks, I think it is a great OEM alternative for the price and does look stock. Not sure why so much hate on the looks since it is definitely not a "aftermarket" performance muffler and resembles the stock design with stockish tips and diameter.

I do agree, the tips seem a slight bit wider than stock, but overall muffler design was to match the OEM stock muffler, not be a aftermarket "look at me" exhaust....

...but then again, what do I know. I have a watermelon shooter hanging out the rear of mine.
I agree, the ANSA is definitely better than the typical (Midas&etc) muffler shop OEM replacements w/ rusty 'soda straw' tips.
Old 07-20-2013, 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by BobPezz
I agree, the ANSA is definitely better than the typical (Midas&etc) muffler shop OEM replacements w/ rusty 'soda straw' tips.
Not to mention, alot of them replace with a single outlet WTF?!?!
Old 07-20-2013, 11:43 AM

any actual useful advice or info?
Here's some. You can cut those horrible tips off, leaving a half inch or so lip on each to the flat of the can. Then weld on some decent 3" tips directly to the can, each offset towards the middle to take up the gap. Wouldn't cost you more than $30 in parts, and an hour's labor with a skilled welder.

And it would look so-o-o much better than what you've got.

Last edited by Rochester; 07-20-2013 at 11:46 AM.
Old 07-20-2013, 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by Rochester
Here's some. You can cut those horrible tips off, leaving a half inch or so lip on each to the flat of the can. Then weld on some decent 3" tips directly to the can, each offset towards the middle to take up the gap. Wouldn't cost you more than $30 in parts, and an hour's labor with a skilled welder.

And it would look so-o-o much better than what you've got.
Walmart carries stainless tips (yes stainless and yes Walmart) for under $10. They can be bolted on or welded on. I've been using them for a couple years on last 3 cars and they are good quality. They are rolled tip/slant cut and look like OEM but are 2.5" outlets...

...just a thought.
Old 07-20-2013, 01:32 PM

Finally some decent people came around and posted some good responses. YES! Thanks to all for that, I really couldn't stand to see this ruined by a bunch of asinine

I really can't believe someone would try to tell me that I'M WRONG and that it's the wrong muffler for the application. When it's an OEM replacement, direct bolt-on REAR MUFFLER not a resonator or a mid-pipe that you're talking about. And I already know about the VIAS flap in the OEM muffler, have known that for a while, and yes I like the freer flowing exhaust I have now over the OEM one, especially at $350 for the OEM Nissan muffler they can go buy one themselves.

Alright now just a quick response to this, sorry I had to:

I think its because i hate cheap ill fitting ebay crap i believe you get what you pay for and how you shop is an extension of your personality.

1. I don't have an eBay account. Never bought not ONE item from eBay for my car. Muffler was purchased at a shop for $80 and you can't find those for under $99 retail so I also got a good deal. As an OEM replacement it does the job and is aluminized coating so it wont rust in a year.

2. That coming from you makes me and , if you only knew how funny that is. I make at least 10x as much as you at my job and I know that for a fact. But I digress. BTW I have Cattman Y-pipe, not cheap brand. I have E-Manage Ultimate, not really cheap so I'm not exactly the guy you meant to say that to.

3. You're a little kid compared to me. And maybe when you grow up I'll let you see my E46 M3, and by that I mean the tail lights. Also, I don't care about how many parts you've bought, I am older and have way more experience than you ever will, my best friend has a full service garage w/ lift at his house and I'll leave it at that.

4. You've tried to ruin more than one of my threads now with pure BS and misinformation, so I simply couldn't stand for it anymore, it's not cool. And again, STOP with the misinformation because YOU ARE WRONG. Period. And hopefully, you can stop doing this now every time I make a thread.

To everyone else who responded w/ good advice on the tips, you guys are awesome and the only reason I haven't officially from here, some people are just plain ******. I'm definitely not too crazy about the tips myself, other than the fact that they are welded on and that they still do look better than the stock double tip that covers both tips. I can easily have them cut off at the muffler and put on a couple of nice 3" tips. But do you guys think I can maybe get some slightly bigger tips and throw em on top of the ANSA ones? The ANSA tips are 2.5" so maybe I can just throw a bigger tip on top? What would you guys do?
Old 07-20-2013, 01:41 PM

I gave you good advice, and I think you're bawling about nothing.

It's a car forum, for pete's sake. And clowns notwithstanding, this is not your birthday party.

3. You're a little kid compared to me. And maybe when you grow up I'll let you see my E46 M3, and by that I mean the tail lights. Also, I don't care about how many parts you've bought, I am older and have way more experience than you ever will, my best friend has a full service garage w/ lift at his house and I'll leave it at that.
There just aren't enough facepalms in the world to do justice to that comment. So I'll just use one.

Last edited by Rochester; 07-20-2013 at 03:18 PM.
Old 07-20-2013, 02:12 PM

Alright now just a quick response to this, sorry I had to:

1. I don't have an eBay account. Never bought not ONE item from eBay for my car. Muffler was purchased at a shop for $80 and you can't find those for under $99 retail so I also got a good deal. As an OEM replacement it does the job and is aluminized coating so it wont rust in a year.

2. That coming from you makes me and , if you only knew how funny that is. I make at least 10x as much as you at my job and I know that for a fact. But I digress. BTW I have Cattman Y-pipe, not cheap brand. I have E-Manage Ultimate, not really cheap so I'm not exactly the guy you meant to say that to.

Name:  nodds_zpsc70072f6.gif
Views: 13
Size:  103.8 KB

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!

OH you are so precious! DO you even know who you are talking to? I am guessing you think cj is some child, while being a creative writing troll, he WILL. EMBARRASS. YOU. Stop while you are ahead man, he has prolly forgotten more about the 5th gen then you will ever learn.

and you drive an m3... you are cute. You are not the only person on here who drives a maxima and a fast car... call cj out... see what happens...

You prolly aren't older, and your best friend owns a shop?
Name:  clapping_zps2ff55a02.gif
Views: 15
Size:  460.0 KB

you might want to talk to someone about that small pecker of yours... it seems to give you some sort of inferiority complex...

your muffler looks ok... just fix the spacing on the tail pipes...
but I am an HKS guy, so I go for watermelon shooters... so my opinion is swayed thusly.
Old 07-20-2013, 02:20 PM

Old 07-20-2013, 02:30 PM
Banned

Oh a bmw you say? And you make 10x more then me lets break this down
1. I work for DHLS think 90k+
2. 2 wife owns daycare 70+ kids at average of $300 week each
3. My 09 will pounce and trash your bmw better yet my mods for the bmw cost more then the bmw

Old 07-20-2013, 02:54 PM

Old 07-20-2013, 05:31 PM
¯\(°_o)/¯

yet another thread mucked up by cjandura and his band of idiots...