5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Serious problem with my 01' i30...

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2002, 03:59 PM
DOHC 30 V6

Serious problem with my 01' i30...

Well, i recently sold my 94' civic... it wasnt much, the basic mods, fast enough (well, to beat up on the other civics), but the civic did one thing my i30 can't for some reason.... get the girls!! I mean, whats the deal, i keep having girls say stuff like, "i saw you on the boulevard in your mom's new infiniti..." MY MOM's?!? Those comments burn deep like salt on a wound!! So, im at a loss of what to do. The i30 is tan, lux edition, and bone stock (awaiting engine parts from nismo). How can i make people know this car is MINE and not my mom's? Any ideas?? I dont wanna rice it out, so stupid stickers and a loud exhaust is WAY out of the question. Thanks all...

Old 01-18-2002, 04:14 PM

Re: Serious problem with my 01' i30...

Any girl that wants you just for your civic is not worth having anyway. I say paint it black and tint the windows though.
Old 01-18-2002, 04:16 PM

Re: Re: Serious problem with my 01' i30...

Originally posted by BlackAE
Any girl that wants you just for your civic is not worth having anyway. I say paint it black and tint the windows though.
Yea, chicks dig black
Old 01-18-2002, 04:30 PM
DOHC 30 V6

Damn.

No way am i painting my baby black......

The tints, i've been thinking about. Im not really a fan of tints, you know, bling bling magnet, but maybe light ones would make the car look more aggressive. Friggen stupid girls... maybe a few well-placed nismo emblems (when i get the parts in) will do the trick. Any other suggestions, besides tints, to make this car look more motorsport influenced? Thanks all!

Old 01-18-2002, 04:32 PM
The silent but deadly Moderator

maybe...

it's because women will find an I30 attractive, whereas girls may not. You could always put big Hello Kitty stickers all over it, that ought to get their attention.

No seriously, the intented I30 demographic is not young girls. then again, niether is the maxima. It's like 40+ yr old men. doh! ooops..
Old 01-18-2002, 07:24 PM

Black is very popular with the ladies In addition to the tint, or instead of maybe, you could put on a really cool set of wheels so that it looks more like your car and not "your Mom's car". Lowering it could also make it look more aggresive. Or perhaps custom license plates -- NOTMOMS (Just kidding....), MINE, WANTSUM, etc. If nothing else, find something about you that you can add to the car to make it yours and not mom's. Good luck
Old 01-18-2002, 07:25 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Lower it and put on some good looking wheels. No one will think it's your mom's car if you pick the right wheels. Just not the Bear wheels please...
Old 01-18-2002, 07:53 PM

Haha... gotta get myself a civic then.

on the other hand, the chicks that dig the infiniti are prolly the same ones that want you to lay out 3+ months salary on a rock... just a thought..

-Tom Z.

PS... the answer is simple, just put maxima badging on the back...
HERE COME THE LADIES!!!
Old 01-19-2002, 12:00 AM
DOHC 30 V6

you guys are great, always make me laugh. I like the stock wheels, so i wont be changing those... however, i was thinking about getting a custom plate... either "NISMO" or "SHINOBI" (my car's name ) Maybe that would work. And good point about those ladies who like my car would want a huge rock... screw that!! I wanna find a girl that would rather have me give her a really nice mercedes benz instead - somethin useful!! Thanks guys, and Im thinkin skirt/underbody spoiler kit, if they ever make one for my car.

Old 01-19-2002, 12:06 AM

Originally posted by DOHC 30 V6
you guys are great, always make me laugh. I like the stock wheels, so i wont be changing those... however, i was thinking about getting a custom plate... either "NISMO" or "SHINOBI" (my car's name ) Maybe that would work. And good point about those ladies who like my car would want a huge rock... screw that!! I wanna find a girl that would rather have me give her a really nice mercedes benz instead - somethin useful!! Thanks guys, and Im thinkin skirt/underbody spoiler kit, if they ever make one for my car.
Lower the car and you should be OK. Older individuals dont drive dropped cars...hint hint
Old 01-19-2002, 06:42 AM

Just but a big sign in the window "This is not my Mom's car"

Or, start dating older women......

(The I30 really doesn't get any respect. Once my wife said to me "You don't think you have a luxury car do you? It's not a BMW you know". I guess she is right)
Old 01-19-2002, 09:42 AM

Put your first name on the license plate, but spell it trendy like if you can.

tint the windows 32% all the way around will look great on your color w/o being to dark.

Put a spoiler on your I30, will make a huge diffrence w/spoiler but take your rear window brake light out.

As far as your wheels if you like your lux rims keep them but get them chrome plated or get the I30T wheels those are nicer and not so bling bling. I seen the chrome I35 sport pack rims in person and those things are nice

Get the HID I30T headlights or some after make fake HID's

W all of these changes your I30 will lok just like the I35 w/sprt pack I saw in person (was beige like yours) i would trade my max for that thing.
Old 01-19-2002, 10:12 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

My I30 is tinted, and works for me. But, I have the T, so the 17 inch rims are nicer looking. Where do you live? Find out about tinting laws where you live, and if you want, tint it. (the hell with the girls, just makes the car look nicer and blocks out some of the sun) What parts from Nismo are you getting?
Old 01-19-2002, 11:22 AM
DOHC 30 V6

Originally posted by Burton069
My I30 is tinted, and works for me. But, I have the T, so the 17 inch rims are nicer looking. Where do you live? Find out about tinting laws where you live, and if you want, tint it. (the hell with the girls, just makes the car look nicer and blocks out some of the sun) What parts from Nismo are you getting?

I hear Nismo is gonna have an intake system available, so im gonna pick that up. Im not sure what else, but if they make some nice underbody spoilers and stuff, i'll grab them too! I dont wanna get the i30t sideskirts, cause they cost $500 a side for plastic. its not worth it... I'll just wait for the aftermarket stuff. The spoiler might make sense too... Thanks for all your help!

Old 01-19-2002, 01:42 PM

yeah man...you heard it..tint is the 1st step, you dont have to go illegal, 35% will do fine. PHAt if you could lower your ride and put some chromies on it...go ghetto.
Old 01-19-2002, 02:36 PM

Originally posted by perrymaxima
Put your first name on the license plate, but spell it trendy like if you can.

tint the windows 32% all the way around will look great on your color w/o being to dark.

Put a spoiler on your I30, will make a huge diffrence w/spoiler but take your rear window brake light out.

As far as your wheels if you like your lux rims keep them but get them chrome plated or get the I30T wheels those are nicer and not so bling bling. I seen the chrome I35 sport pack rims in person and those things are nice

Get the HID I30T headlights or some after make fake HID's

W all of these changes your I30 will lok just like the I35 w/sprt pack I saw in person (was beige like yours) i would trade my max for that thing.
Yea, I'd say a vanity plate is a good idea too.
Old 01-19-2002, 09:22 PM
PhatGuy

Re: Serious problem with my 01' i30...

Well, i recently sold my 94' civic... it wasnt much, the basic mods, fast enough (well, to beat up on the other civics), but the civic did one thing my i30 can't for some reason.... get the girls!! I mean, whats the deal, i keep having girls say stuff like, "i saw you on the boulevard in your mom's new infiniti..." MY MOM's?!? Those comments burn deep like salt on a wound!! So, im at a loss of what to do. The i30 is tan, lux edition, and bone stock (awaiting engine parts from nismo). How can i make people know this car is MINE and not my mom's? Any ideas?? I dont wanna rice it out, so stupid stickers and a loud exhaust is WAY out of the question. Thanks all...
Lower it with some nice 18" rims. Get an amp and a sub or two. Then drop in a DVD and the ladies aka Chickenheads will be luvin' u!

Old 01-19-2002, 09:29 PM

think of it like this...they thought it was your moms because they think there's no way this dude has a nice car like that for himself. i say lower it or maybe get a body kit or just a front lip or something.
Old 01-19-2002, 11:05 PM
DOHC 30 V6

thanks all

OK, heres what im gonna do... Im gonna go to a dealership and see if i can trade in my almost brand new lux rims for soem touring rims. I dunno if they will help me out, but its worth a shot. Then, im gonna see about tint, im thinkin about using the sae % as the Mercedes S class comes stock with. I found the OEM touring spoiler on wingswest.com for $215. I'll pick that up, and keep waitin for a skirt kit to come along. The vanity plate will be a good addition too, either "SHINOBI" (my car's name )or "DOHC30V6", what im rockin under the hood. Thanks for all your ideas! I'll get some pics up as soon as i get this thing in motion. peace!

Old 01-20-2002, 12:51 AM
PhatGuy

Re: thanks all

OK, heres what im gonna do... Im gonna go to a dealership and see if i can trade in my almost brand new lux rims for soem touring rims. I dunno if they will help me out, but its worth a shot. Then, im gonna see about tint, im thinkin about using the sae % as the Mercedes S class comes stock with. I found the OEM touring spoiler on wingswest.com for $215. I'll pick that up, and keep waitin for a skirt kit to come along. The vanity plate will be a good addition too, either "SHINOBI" (my car's name )or "DOHC30V6", what im rockin under the hood. Thanks for all your ideas! I'll get some pics up as soon as i get this thing in motion. peace!
If you go body kit or rims you gotta lower it. Lower first then rims and body kit. Just looks crappy when in 4x4 stock mode with rims and a kit. Tinting it is a good idea.

Old 01-20-2002, 04:47 AM

Re: thanks all

Thanks all... Just thank me. I gave you the suggestions you're going to use!..hehehe

The chrome Touring rims are $1600 w/tires I'm assuming (nissannews.com) which is about average for 17" wheel/tire set.

If you decide to go with the stock skirts I'm sure you could find them some place else cheaper or get your salesman to use his/her dicount to buy them. You also get a 10%(sometimes more)from the parts department of the dealership you bought the car from.

Get the mudguards as well the I35 mudguars look better than our Maxima guards.
Old 01-20-2002, 07:03 AM

Okay i'm bored i found this one on ebay same color as yours looks nice

This could be U

Old 01-20-2002, 09:16 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

welp

hey i like young girls better than women, , and I've actually had a lot of people (of both genders) come up to me and start talking to me about my car, especially in the summer when it's nice n clean and has its summer wheels on...

I'm married, too, and that usually helps... chix love married guys

plus, do you really want the kind of girls who just care about a guy's car? especially a Honda!! lol jk
Old 01-20-2002, 10:23 AM
DOHC 30 V6

touring wheels

OK, so Ive decided to switch from stock to touring rims - but i have nearly brand new lux rims on the car already! The tires still have those little spikey things on them, you know what i mean, they indicate tire wear... lol anyways, I'd like to find a dealer who will buy the lux wheels and exchange them for the tourings, and I'll pay like $200-$400 for it. I doubt this will happen, so i think im stuck with the lux's. Im def. puttin on the spoiler after the winter, and light shaded tints. I not gonna lower it, because it sits low enough. There is next to no wheel gap on the i30's, esp. with stock wheels. Thanks for the advise, I'll have pics up this summer!

Old 01-20-2002, 11:02 AM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

Re: touring wheels

You may not have seen Dan. B. Martin's line:

BMW's get girls, Mercedes get women, and Maximas get dirty.

Bottom Line,

you have the wrong car