5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

help bigdogjonx~~

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2002, 01:19 AM

help bigdogjonx~~

Guys, really sorry for this long thread, i just finished installing the scanner thing....but...the problem is when the alarm is off, the red light next to the clock still blinks, and the scanner also blinks with the red light, when the alarm is on, the red light next to the clock will stop blinking but the light is still on, during this time, the scanner will start to do the light patterns as its would do...but like 10 sec later, it goes back to the situation when the alarm was off, the scanner start to blink again, IT WON'T DO THE LIGHT PATTERNS ANYMORE....it's just like scanner's power on and off, on and off...does this happen to the 2k and 2k1 model as bigdogjonx had noticed?? i followed every step in bigdogjonx's post in HOW TO's, except, i tight the black wire of the scanner with the screw behind the clock unit... really need help please~~
Old 01-19-2002, 01:45 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: help bigdogjonx~~

Originally posted by skyjay617
Guys, really sorry for this long thread, i just finished installing the scanner thing....but...the problem is when the alarm is off, the red light next to the clock still blinks, and the scanner also blinks with the red light, when the alarm is on, the red light next to the clock will stop blinking but the light is still on, during this time, the scanner will start to do the light patterns as its would do...but like 10 sec later, it goes back to the situation when the alarm was off, the scanner start to blink again, IT WON'T DO THE LIGHT PATTERNS ANYMORE....it's just like scanner's power on and off, on and off...does this happen to the 2k and 2k1 model as bigdogjonx had noticed?? i followed every step in bigdogjonx's post in HOW TO's, except, i tight the black wire of the scanner with the screw behind the clock unit... really need help please~~
Hey man, what happened to the original thread? did you delete it? Cause I wrote in there some things.

Sky Jay, first, take deep breaths. This is normal. What happens is when you originally lock the car/arm it, Their is a 30sec period where the security LED next to the clock stays SOLID. This normal on most aftermarket alarms also. This is to make sure every door and everything is locked within those 30secs, sort of like a delay, like on a home alarm. Once the 30secs is up, it goes back to the normal routine of blinking only once every 2-3secs. When it blinks, it gets a ground signal from the alarm module. That also sends the ground signal to the Gothic scanner. The gothic scanner then ONLY does ONE full pattern for every blink of the security led. This is 100% normal.

The gothic scanner goes full time scanning during the 30sec arming delay, which is again normal.

This is 100% normal. You cannot expect the Gothic to stay full on 100% of the time and do the patterns constantly like the 30sec arm delay. If you want it to do that, then you need to find a wire that gives 100% ground when the car is armed.

See the security wire gives ground intermitently every 2-3secs. This is just how all alarm LEDs work. Hope this does not upset you. I know it looks cool when it is going solid pattern during the 30sec arm delay. But still, it gets annoying and looking stupid, I like it when it only does it with the security led. Makes it look more real, then the $10 ones you get at your local Kmart that are on 100% of the time.

Dixit
Old 01-19-2002, 01:54 AM

Re: Re: help bigdogjonx~~

Originally posted by BigDogJonx

Hey man, what happened to the original thread? did you delete it? Cause I wrote in there some things.

Sky Jay, first, take deep breaths. This is normal. What happens is when you originally lock the car/arm it, Their is a 30sec period where the security LED next to the clock stays SOLID. This normal on most aftermarket alarms also. This is to make sure every door and everything is locked within those 30secs, sort of like a delay, like on a home alarm. Once the 30secs is up, it goes back to the normal routine of blinking only once every 2-3secs. When it blinks, it gets a ground signal from the alarm module. That also sends the ground signal to the Gothic scanner. The gothic scanner then ONLY does ONE full pattern for every blink of the security led. This is 100% normal.

The gothic scanner goes full time scanning during the 30sec arming delay, which is again normal.

This is 100% normal. You cannot expect the Gothic to stay full on 100% of the time and do the patterns constantly like the 30sec arm delay. If you want it to do that, then you need to find a wire that gives 100% ground when the car is armed.

See the security wire gives ground intermitently every 2-3secs. This is just how all alarm LEDs work. Hope this does not upset you. I know it looks cool when it is going solid pattern during the 30sec arm delay. But still, it gets annoying and looking stupid, I like it when it only does it with the security led. Makes it look more real, then the $10 ones you get at your local Kmart that are on 100% of the time.

Dixit
thanks man, and sorry cuz me want to write more detail to let u know about the problem, now i am clear, thank you for ur help, i am really appreciated~
Old 01-19-2002, 01:57 AM

Re: Re: Re: help bigdogjonx~~

thanks man, and sorry cuz me want to write more detail to let u know about the problem, now i am clear, thank you for ur help, i am really appreciated~
No problem. Hope you happy with the scanner as I am. I get a lot of compliments on it and questions. Which one did you get by the way?

Dixit
Old 01-19-2002, 02:23 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: help bigdogjonx~~

No problem. Hope you happy with the scanner as I am. I get a lot of compliments on it and questions. Which one did you get by the way?

Dixit
of course compliments~~
Old 01-19-2002, 02:25 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: help bigdogjonx~~

Dixit
by the way, there is no way the red light can stay solid all the time right?? do u think i can take it to the dealer and ask them to do it for me??
Old 01-19-2002, 02:29 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: help bigdogjonx~~

by the way, there is no way the red light can stay solid all the time right?? do u think i can take it to the dealer and ask them to do it for me??
Man you really dying to have it on all the time arnt you?

Well dont take it to the dealer, they are not going to help you on that. Like I said, you need to get a volt meter and see what wire gets GROUNDED when the alarm is armed. That is the only way it is going to work. Honestly, I dont think there is any wire of that nature in the car. Cause if you ground it to a ground, then the Scanner will stay on ALL the time and will not turn off, even if the car is turned on.

So the best bet is to leave it alone. Unless you can find a wire that gets Grounded with the arming of the alarm

Dixit
Old 01-19-2002, 02:32 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: help bigdogjonx~~

Man you really dying to have it on all the time arnt you?

Well dont take it to the dealer, they are not going to help you on that. Like I said, you need to get a volt meter and see what wire gets GROUNDED when the alarm is armed. That is the only way it is going to work. Honestly, I dont think there is any wire of that nature in the car. Cause if you ground it to a ground, then the Scanner will stay on ALL the time and will not turn off, even if the car is turned on.

So the best bet is to leave it alone. Unless you can find a wire that gets Grounded with the arming of the alarm

Dixit
ha...i guess i will just leave the way it does then, thanks for ur help again, i appreciated for ur reply~~
Old 01-19-2002, 02:34 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: help bigdogjonx~~

ha...i guess i will just leave the way it does then, thanks for ur help again, i appreciated for ur reply~~
Good, cause you were beginning to concern me on this "ground" wire.

Dixit