5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

2003 maxima electric issue pls help!

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2015, 07:09 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

2003 maxima electric issue pls help!

Whats up guys im new here and im having a problem with my car, tried searching but couldnt find anything. This morning i swapped the full cloth interior (door panels and seats) of my 03 maxima to leather imterior from a 2000 maxima. After the swap my power seats/ lock buttons/windows/remote dont work. After disconnecting the batery for a few minutes the power options work but then stop within 1 second. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 01-20-2015, 09:02 PM

Did you try seeing if the original equipment functions normally if you hook it back up?
Old 01-20-2015, 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by Stallion12
Whats up guys im new here and im having a problem with my car, tried searching but couldnt find anything. This morning i swapped the full cloth interior (door panels and seats) of my 03 maxima to leather imterior from a 2000 maxima. After the swap my power seats/ lock buttons/windows/remote dont work. After disconnecting the batery for a few minutes the power options work but then stop within 1 second. Any help would be appreciated.

I have a 2000 maxima I had a electrical issue when I first baught the car that the 40 amp fuse kept lowing because the power wire on my driver side seat kept grounding out . basically every time I'd pull the fuse out and let the circuit breaker die out and put the fuse back in it will work . so what id if I was you check the 40 amp fuse in the driver side fuse box next to the battery next to the fender make sure it's good ( fuse controls power Seats ,windows , sunroof ,alarm ,door lock).and unbolt the seat to see if the wire for the switch on the seats aren't rubbing/grinding on the metal seat tracks . on my car i didn't remove my seat because it was freezing like around this time of the year . what I did was Pop out the switch on my driver seat and it was a ***** because I only had the car for a week and I didn't want to break anything , so basically see if the switch wires are grounding out on the metal tracks . I'd say remove the seat because I broke a piece of my switch but I zip tied it and it's been working great to far .

now I don't know which seat it is that's giving you a problem but the way I figured out was I found my answer on the org last year .but the reason why I checked the driver side is because everytime if sit down on the seat I hear something shorting like buzz sound( power grounding out) I kept bouncing on it to make sure (no homo) . keep me updated

I think this is the thread I used , take my advice

https://maxima.org/forums/5th-genera...me-advice.html

Last edited by shawniiebwoiiee; 01-20-2015 at 10:00 PM.
Old 01-21-2015, 12:36 PM

Are you using the power window switch that came with the car? Each year of the car requires a different power window switch.
Old 01-21-2015, 08:12 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by Cotozic
Did you try seeing if the original equipment functions normally if you hook it back up?
I haven't as I don't have the original seats anymore.
Old 01-21-2015, 08:14 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by shawniiebwoiiee
I have a 2000 maxima I had a electrical issue when I first baught the car that the 40 amp fuse kept lowing because the power wire on my driver side seat kept grounding out . basically every time I'd pull the fuse out and let the circuit breaker die out and put the fuse back in it will work . so what id if I was you check the 40 amp fuse in the driver side fuse box next to the battery next to the fender make sure it's good ( fuse controls power Seats ,windows , sunroof ,alarm ,door lock).and unbolt the seat to see if the wire for the switch on the seats aren't rubbing/grinding on the metal seat tracks . on my car i didn't remove my seat because it was freezing like around this time of the year . what I did was Pop out the switch on my driver seat and it was a ***** because I only had the car for a week and I didn't want to break anything , so basically see if the switch wires are grounding out on the metal tracks . I'd say remove the seat because I broke a piece of my switch but I zip tied it and it's been working great to far .

now I don't know which seat it is that's giving you a problem but the way I figured out was I found my answer on the org last year .but the reason why I checked the driver side is because everytime if sit down on the seat I hear something shorting like buzz sound( power grounding out) I kept bouncing on it to make sure (no homo) . keep me updated

I think this is the thread I used , take my advice

https://maxima.org/forums/5th-genera...me-advice.html
Thanks for the response I'll try to take off the seat tomorrow and see if it's grounding out, and how do I check if the 40 amp fuse is good?
Old 01-21-2015, 08:16 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by DennisMik
Are you using the power window switch that came with the car? Each year of the car requires a different power window switch.
Yes all the switches are original and we're in working condition before the swap.
Old 01-21-2015, 08:54 PM

Thanks for the response I'll try to take off the seat tomorrow and see if it's grounding out, and how do I check if the 40 amp fuse is good?
you can see it when you remove it from the fuse box but it's not that visible because the fuse looks weird I just baught one to be safe
Old 01-22-2015, 08:50 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

you can see it when you remove it from the fuse box but it's not that visible because the fuse looks weird I just baught one to be safe
Ill be checking up on it today after work, and ill keep you guys posted
Old 01-22-2015, 04:34 PM

... After the swap my power seats/ lock buttons/windows/remote dont work. After disconnecting the batery for a few minutes the power options work but then stop within 1 second. Any help would be appreciated.
Can you elaborate- how do they work for 1 sec? Does this happen only after you disconnect/reconnect battery? Does your dome light work?
Old 01-23-2015, 11:23 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Hey man. had the same problem on new years. near the peddles should be alittle black box. should say 12v. if you cant find it ill take a pic when i have my car.
Old 01-23-2015, 12:53 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by Max_5gen
Can you elaborate- how do they work for 1 sec? Does this happen only after you disconnect/reconnect battery? Does your dome light work?
It would start moving then stop soon as I reconnect the battery
Old 01-23-2015, 12:54 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by Brutalboo
Hey man. had the same problem on new years. near the peddles should be alittle black box. should say 12v. if you cant find it ill take a pic when i have my car.
Is it a module? Or what is it? What does it control?
Old 01-23-2015, 08:43 PM

Is it a module? Or what is it? What does it control?
no solution so far bro ?did u check the harness I mentioned

I'm thinking he's talking about the circuit breaker I could be wrong tho
Old 01-25-2015, 10:57 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

I can't locate the box ur talking about, can someone post a pic of what it looks like?
Old 01-26-2015, 04:05 AM

I can't locate the box ur talking about, can someone post a pic of what it looks like?
ok it's at the end of the intake ,next to the battery . between the battery and the driver side fender . should say power locks or something

Old 01-26-2015, 10:13 AM

Somebody takes care of their car! Looks nice.
Old 01-26-2015, 01:47 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

I'll be trying that tonight as I have a second maxima I can switch of parts. I'll keep you guys posted.
Old 01-27-2015, 10:27 PM

I'll be trying that tonight as I have a second maxima I can switch of parts. I'll keep you guys posted.
https://maxima.org/forums/5th-genera...p-working.html
Old 01-27-2015, 11:59 PM

Interesting- if one of the circuits connected to circuit breaker overloads it SECU would lose its power supply leadin to failure of all those functions. I'd begin disconnecting things powered through E90 circuit breaker starting from power seats and checking if that helped.