5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Question about alignment on my 2000 SE???

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2000, 08:12 AM

My dealer was replacing my right front strut on the car.
Does the alignment needs to be done on the car???

The reason I am asking is because after they put in a new strut, it looks like I need to turn the steering wheel slightly to the left when going on the straight road. Maybe it just me and everything looks fine.
I just wona know if the alignment should always be done when the things like strut is being replaced??

Thanks.
Old 08-31-2000, 09:59 AM

new strut

Why did they replace the strut? Sometimes I'll get a slight squeak from the front right when starting from a dead stop and the situation is just right (uphill and turning right). I was planing to mention it to my service manager next time I'm there, anything specific i should say?

I'm not sure if it needs an alignment of not after doing that, I would guess no, but I'm not sure about that.
Old 08-31-2000, 10:00 AM

yes yes

when U take the suspension apart the allighment needs to be done again. to take the strut off they took the spindle and the axle off so the allignment needs to be done again.. they did mine when they replaced my strut and spindle and other stuff that broke down there. but then again my damn tires were going east and west
Old 08-31-2000, 10:09 AM

Pioneer

you had your pass front strut replaced too? what was the problem and did replacing it correct it? I'm wondering if mine needs it, that creaking sound doesn't happen very often but I doubt it was designed to do that...It's hard to get the service manager to do anything when you can't reproduce the symptoms on demand.
Old 08-31-2000, 10:15 AM

Re: Pioneer

Originally posted by sprung
you had your pass front strut replaced too? what was the problem and did replacing it correct it? I'm wondering if mine needs it, that creaking sound doesn't happen very often but I doubt it was designed to do that...It's hard to get the service manager to do anything when you can't reproduce the symptoms on demand.
Oh I had a little buu buu with my car.. was hawling *** and they were draining the fire hydrints (however U spell it) and there was a flood in the roadway.. the damn car skipped on it like a rock and hit the curt.. bent the Strut, Broke the spindle, Broke the Hub, Bent the Rim, But NO BODY DAMAGE. $1800 after it was all said and done.. and Let me tell U GUYS THAT 17" RIM FROM NISSAN AIN'T CHEAP. $579 for that damn thing.. it was the most expensive of all the parts... but the car is all good now.. only had to replace those bent parts.. nothing happined to the chassis.. ABS DIDN'T SAVE MY *** THAT TIME
Old 08-31-2000, 10:23 AM

Oh

that sucks man, glad to hear everything is alright now.
Old 08-31-2000, 11:03 AM

Re: new strut

Why did they replace the strut? Sometimes I'll get a slight squeak from the front right when starting from a dead stop and the situation is just right (uphill and turning right). I was planing to mention it to my service manager next time I'm there, anything specific i should say?

I'm not sure if it needs an alignment of not after doing that, I would guess no, but I'm not sure about that.
Well they are replacing my front right strut and strut mount. Actually, the mount is what is damaged and that is why it is causing creaking noise when turning at low speeds.
But they said that will repalce the strut too, I don't know why but he said, "If the mount is bad, we need to reaplce the whole assembly."
I hope they are right.
I think Russ got the same thing done on his car, and the noise went away.
I will let you know when they install everything.
The service is so slow. ;(
Old 08-31-2000, 11:10 AM

Def. let me know how it goes

I've had the car for a year now and only heard it like half a dozen times but I know it's not right. thanks for the info.

-Mike-

Originally posted by Dany

Well they are replacing my front right strut and strut mount. Actually, the mount is what is damaged and that is why it is causing creaking noise when turning at low speeds.
But they said that will repalce the strut too, I don't know why but he said, "If the mount is bad, we need to reaplce the whole assembly."
I hope they are right.
I think Russ got the same thing done on his car, and the noise went away.
I will let you know when they install everything.
The service is so slow. ;(