5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Rear BBK cad/pdf files?

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2015, 08:41 AM

Rear BBK cad/pdf files?

hey guys. upon all my research and considering i work a shop that works with nothing but aluminum, i want to attempt to make some brake relocation brackets for the rear brake calipers. Ive seen kits that utilize the stock caliper (which i want to do for $$ reasons). i cannot find any detailed files on specs for such but i have seen the setup on a few maxi's here. Anyone with some input?
Old 10-13-2015, 11:42 AM

Seriously? Just buy the silly things off fastbrakes. You'll spend more money trying to make brackets then just buying them.
Old 10-13-2015, 05:24 PM

Yes seriously. I work with wholesale aluminum straight from the mill and have full access to a cnc router table and bridgeport lathe.
Old 10-13-2015, 09:58 PM

me and another member were talking about this:

Originally Posted by MrGone
Uhhhh fastbrakes seems insanely expensive, $500 and you have to supply your own calipers and pads for Z32? I helped with the Cobra brackets and there's no way. Not to mention if you have a bridgeport available, why would you not make your own?

That's the downside to modding being mainstream now, everything has to be bolt on. People are pussies. Break out a welder and a grinder and get creative. Learn a trade. Make **** work that wasn't supposed to. Break open a tool box instead of a wallet. Wheels, clears, tints (yes plural), etc aren't mods. Even bolt ons, you aren't doing anything new, you're just bandwagoning it.
Originally Posted by Crusher103
If he was using different calipers ok, fine make something, but just to move the stock caliper around just buy the kit, its not anything new.
Originally Posted by MrGone
For $300-$500?

The last time I ordered steel my wholesale price was $0.51/lb and it's wayyy more rewarding to build ****.
Granted it is, but he would completely have to design it or get one of somebodies car and copy it, then source rotors and have them drilled, work out the offset and what brake caliper bracket he is going to need. I get your point about it being rewarding and a fraction of the cost to build something but all that work has already been done its expensive but not overly so, the rear kit is $350. Just buy it, use that effort on something else that is actually not available for the car.

Now if he were saying im going to make my own turbo manifold or headers, i would be completely with you or if his plans were to use completely different calipers then stockers.
By no means am i trying to discourage you but there are so many other things on the car where your knowledge and resources can be put to fantastic use. Rear BBK is something that has to be addressed but moving away from the stock caliper is what is next with our brakes. Right now there is no other option but the stock caliper because of the parking brake.

im not sure what rotor is used i heard its off a prelude, and we have to use 3rd gen brake brackets but other than that.
Old 10-14-2015, 12:21 AM
Bad *** Newb

me and another member were talking about this:

By no means am i trying to discourage you but there are so many other things on the car where your knowledge and resources can be put to fantastic use. Rear BBK is something that has to be addressed but moving away from the stock caliper is what is next with our brakes. Right now there is no other option but the stock caliper because of the parking brake.

im not sure what rotor is used i heard its off a prelude, and we have to use 3rd gen brake brackets but other than that.
We could go hydro for the mad drifts

But seriously, that's the easiest and cheapest way to upgrade the rear calipers.
Old 10-16-2015, 12:15 PM
dot dot dot ...

Jesus Christ man .... A Prelude w/ 12.3" rear rotor?

If it was someone else, I wouldn't bring it up, but it's Crusher .. Prelude ... I have pogs bigger than any 'Ludes rear brakes.

It's off a 4th gen TL. (08-14).

But yeah, that stupid rear ebrake.

Also 3rd gen brackets and pads (obviously).
Old 10-16-2015, 07:07 PM

well **** i didn't know lol. Anyway im thinking about trying to tackle this rear brakes and converting it to an internal drum, especially learning that a few 3rd gen guys actually know how to do it just never shared the info, which i find kinda petty, but whatever.