5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Finally broke the nitrous cherry last night...

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2002, 04:16 PM
nc00max

Finally broke the nitrous cherry last night...

Nothing spectacular, but worth the wait. Me and a buddy of mine were sitting at the light when a loud *** 3000GT pulls up next to us and cranks his system to about 3 billion decibles. My first thoughts were, this guys a friggin idiot, ignore him. Then my friend mentioned that he knew the guy and the 3000GT was a 5spd SL with a ****load of mods, and supposedly ran mid-14's. At that point the guy turned down his system and stared revving pretty high, so I gave him a return rev, armed, purged, and got ready. I have to say, he was fairly quick, even with his system, but the nitrous probably wasn't necessary. Nevertheless, I juiced it at about 25, broke the tires loose for a couple seconds and proceeded to rape him up till 90 where I killed the nitrous. I got the ricer fly-by along with a middle-finger bonus, but that just made it all the more worthwhile to know that I'd wounded his pride and ****ed him off pretty good. After that I wasn't too selective about who I squeezed on and emptied the bottle in about a half hour, killing 2 older Mustang GT's, a riced accord club (4 of them), and one fugly stanza. I don't think it was necessary the whole night, but it's fun to see the look on people's faces. Now I know why people compare nitrous to crack...

Old 02-04-2002, 04:48 PM

Re: Finally broke the nitrous cherry last night...

Originally posted by nc00max
Nothing spectacular, but worth the wait. Me and a buddy of mine were sitting at the light when a loud *** 3000GT pulls up next to us and cranks his system to about 3 billion decibles. My first thoughts were, this guys a friggin idiot, ignore him. Then my friend mentioned that he knew the guy and the 3000GT was a 5spd SL with a ****load of mods, and supposedly ran mid-14's. At that point the guy turned down his system and stared revving pretty high, so I gave him a return rev, armed, purged, and got ready. I have to say, he was fairly quick, even with his system, but the nitrous probably wasn't necessary. Nevertheless, I juiced it at about 25, broke the tires loose for a couple seconds and proceeded to rape him up till 90 where I killed the nitrous. I got the ricer fly-by along with a middle-finger bonus, but that just made it all the more worthwhile to know that I'd wounded his pride and ****ed him off pretty good. After that I wasn't too selective about who I squeezed on and emptied the bottle in about a half hour, killing 2 older Mustang GT's, a riced accord club (4 of them), and one fugly stanza. I don't think it was necessary the whole night, but it's fun to see the look on people's faces. Now I know why people compare nitrous to crack...
haha i was the same way!!! what system do u have NOS, ZEX etc? ha comparing it to crack good comparison but u get a a breaking point and BOOM u hit rock bottom!!!! be careful with it! i owuld much rather get a blower ITS a all the time kind of thing! u never run out! keep the bottle filled and have some fun!!! what shot nozzles do u have in?

will
Old 02-04-2002, 05:03 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

What system do you guys run, and how much did it cost???
Old 02-04-2002, 05:04 PM
nc00max

Re: Re: Finally broke the nitrous cherry last night...

Originally posted by WILLSE

haha i was the same way!!! what system do u have NOS, ZEX etc? ha comparing it to crack good comparison but u get a a breaking point and BOOM u hit rock bottom!!!! be careful with it! i owuld much rather get a blower ITS a all the time kind of thing! u never run out! keep the bottle filled and have some fun!!! what shot nozzles do u have in?

will
I put in a NOS dry kit, 50 shot for now, and I don't think I really need to upgrade unless I hit the track. I'm running a fairly small shot to at least try to minimize killing the motor. From what others have told me, as long as I'm not in it for long squeezes and take care of the motor I'll be fine. Let's hope that holds true! I'm getting the bottle filled tomorrow because my friend with the CL-S is leaving Fri. and we're going to go play one last time, at least till I move out to Seattle in May. Nowdays, I can put him at my front door by 90 without, so this should be fun.

Old 02-04-2002, 08:51 PM

Nothing spectacular, but worth the wait. Me and a buddy of mine were sitting at the light when a loud *** 3000GT pulls up next to us and cranks his system to about 3 billion decibles. My first thoughts were, this guys a friggin idiot, ignore him.
Do you have pics of the install?

Specificaly where you mounted the microswitch and where you tapped into the fuel/vaccume lines?

Thanks!
Old 02-05-2002, 06:51 AM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

Us blown people have an unlimited supply of crack.

Go blow the CL-S away.
Old 02-06-2002, 09:57 PM

Re: Re: Finally broke the nitrous cherry last night...

Originally posted by theMax

Do you have pics of the install?

Specificaly where you mounted the microswitch and where you tapped into the fuel/vaccume lines?

Thanks!
help here? Thanks
Old 02-06-2002, 10:05 PM

Re: Re: Re: Finally broke the nitrous cherry last night...

help here? Thanks
i believe that because it was a dry kit, you dont have to tap into the fuel lines...its a fogger system, it sprays the NOS into the intake charge before it gets to the fuel mix
Old 02-07-2002, 07:54 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Finally broke the nitrous cherry last night...

Originally posted by imccasli

i believe that because it was a dry kit, you dont have to tap into the fuel lines...its a fogger system, it sprays the NOS into the intake charge before it gets to the fuel mix
I'm real familiar with the instructions but they are not maxima specific. You must tap so the kit can read fuel pressure (fuel vaccume line?)

I would like to know (see) what lines are tapped into before I start cutting.

Also a picture of the microswitch would save me some time of deciding the best way to mount it so it hits the throttle.
Old 02-07-2002, 08:52 AM
nc00max

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Finally broke the nitrous cherry last night...

I'm real familiar with the instructions but they are not maxima specific. You must tap so the kit can read fuel pressure (fuel vaccume line?)

I would like to know (see) what lines are tapped into before I start cutting.

Also a picture of the microswitch would save me some time of deciding the best way to mount it so it hits the throttle.
I'm going out to take pics right now. It's been raining the last couple days, sorry. I'm not even remotely familiar with what little vacuum hose does what, but I'll get as many pics as I can, and you can see where the nitrous goes into the Cattman CAI. My kit is activated by the arming switch and the spray button, hence there isn't anything to determine whether or not it's at WOT besides my foot. I just have to make sure to let off the juice before the gas, and I did have a fuel pressure safety switch installed in case the Walbro fuel pump isn't doing its job for some reason. The pics are on their way...

Old 02-07-2002, 09:50 AM
nc00max

Ok, this is the switch setup I have on the center console. The purge and the arm are right next to each other, and the spray button is down on the right by the shifter. Fortunately, having a GXE left me with easy spots to mount all the swithes without drilling any holes into the center console. I'm short too, and with the center armrest up all the time, it hides the arm switch & purge button a little, not that anyone can see that from outside the car anyways.

Here's the link to a couple pics of the hose setup. They're huge, but I left them that way so you could see some detail.

http://www.orbit3d.com/view.phtml?id=654.jpg
http://www.orbit3d.com/view.phtml?id=655.jpg

Old 02-07-2002, 01:44 PM

Ok, this is the switch setup I have on the center console. The purge and the arm are right next to each other, and the spray button is down on the right by the shifter. Fortunately, having a GXE left me with easy spots to mount all the swithes without drilling any holes into the center console. I'm short too, and with the center armrest up all the time, it hides the arm switch & purge button a little, not that anyone can see that from outside the car anyways.

Here's the link to a couple pics of the hose setup. They're huge, but I left them that way so you could see some detail.

Thanks for the pics,

Do you mind taking a few more. I'll put together a how to on NOS installation.

I still have a question on what line to tap into. I can't seem to find that line in my car. I don't have anything going to the left of the CAI. Can you tell me what is factory and what is from the NOS kit?

So you eliminated the microswitch and just have a spray button? In this way you can spray when not at WOT, or stop at any time. Interesting.

thakns again!
Old 02-08-2002, 12:45 PM

Nothing spectacular, but worth the wait.
Good luck on your tour. I got your PM but could not reply, your box is full! You also do not have an email listed on the forums.
Old 02-08-2002, 04:07 PM
'Trynna' is not a word

Re: Re: Re: Finally broke the nitrous cherry last night...

Another NOS'ed Maxima in Seattle besides myself! Finally! You should hop over to the NW forum and say hello sometime. Theirs a track about 25 minutes from seattle. I'm hoping to break into the 13's this year, now maybe I'll have a challange...

I put in a NOS dry kit, 50 shot for now, and I don't think I really need to upgrade unless I hit the track. I'm running a fairly small shot to at least try to minimize killing the motor. From what others have told me, as long as I'm not in it for long squeezes and take care of the motor I'll be fine. Let's hope that holds true! I'm getting the bottle filled tomorrow because my friend with the CL-S is leaving Fri. and we're going to go play one last time, at least till I move out to Seattle in May. Nowdays, I can put him at my front door by 90 without, so this should be fun.
Old 02-08-2002, 04:50 PM

Your install looks pretty sweet.

SuDZ