5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

No throttle response when pressing accelerator

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2020, 11:22 AM

Update: The car is driving like it used to. CEL came back on though. New codes are p0455 and p1800
Old 06-16-2020, 01:19 PM

I'm sorry for behaving foolishly the other night. Was a long night if you know what I mean...

Awesome on the pedal stopper! It does not appear that the pedal stopper is sold separately:

https://www.nissanpartsdeal.com/part...agram=180_A002

But like others have said, just about anything will work, use your imagination and have fun!

New codes = new adventures! It's nice you have NDSII! Start new threads with the codes in the title if you have trouble/need help. I promise to stay sane (or at least off the forums lol)!

Cheers!
Old 06-16-2020, 01:22 PM

By the way, Mjp, nissanpartsdeal.com is an invaluable research tool and pretty much the go-to for the more active/serious members here. Enter in your vehicle info and use the search field from there. And as a bonus, they usually have the best price, and to avoid shipping, your local dealership will most likely price-match (mine does).
Old 06-16-2020, 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by Slamrod
DO NOT, I REPEAT, DO NOT PUT HITACHI MAF 0095 IN YOUR CAR. IT WILL BLOW YOUR MOTOR. IT IS NOT THE CORRECT SENSOR!!!

I already talked to amazon about this f’ing bullsht. They said they would fix the listing and clearly they have not. MAF0095 is for Pathfinders, MAF0099 is for Maximas. If you use MAF0095 it will cause you to lean out severely around 4k rpms and you WILL blow your motor eventually. I already contacted them again and told them to fix it today or Ill look into contacting a lawyer for a class action lawsuit. They were already made aware of the dangers of wrongly stating the sensor works for our cars, and told me they would fix it - and they didnt. For me this is personal, I already blew a motor because of this bs.
It's so odd that you had an issue. I have been using the Hitachi 0095 Since September 2015 on my 02 Maxima without an issue.

For grins and giggles, I looked up an OEM MAF on Nissans Courtesy Parts and our Maxima's 22680-6N20A MAF fits on Pathfinders.

THIS PART ALSO FITS

Make Model Year Body & Trim Engine & Transmission
Nissan Maxima 2003 GLE, GXE, SE 3.5L V6 - Gas
Nissan Maxima 2002 GLE, GXE, SE 3.5L V6 - Gas
Nissan Pathfinder 2003 LE, SE 3.5L V6 - Gas
Old 06-16-2020, 02:49 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by TallTom
It's so odd that you had an issue. I have been using the Hitachi 0095 Since September 2015 on my 02 Maxima without an issue.

For grins and giggles, I looked up an OEM MAF on Nissans Courtesy Parts and our Maxima's 22680-6N20A MAF fits on Pathfinders.

THIS PART ALSO FITS

Make Model Year Body & Trim Engine & Transmission
Nissan Maxima 2003 GLE, GXE, SE 3.5L V6 - Gas
Nissan Maxima 2002 GLE, GXE, SE 3.5L V6 - Gas
Nissan Pathfinder 2003 LE, SE 3.5L V6 - Gas
Do you have NDS2 or any other form of monitoring software? I absolutely had severe leaning at 4k with two different sensors, as well as unstable AFRs during WOT pulls - my AFR line was jagged as jagged gets, as if the ECU was constantly attempting to get it to target AFR, overshot, readjusted, undershot, readjusted, overshot, etc etc, like several time a second. Got rid of the MAF0095 and now theres no leaning out, and my AFR is flat as glass, literally a completely flat and smooth line.

You really wouldnt be able to notice it much just driving around. Its at 4k RPM at WOT that the severe lean condition presents itself by knocking like a jehovah’s witness.

Originally Posted by Mjp2231
Update: The car is driving like it used to. CEL came back on though. New codes are p0455 and p1800
is that a good or a bad thing lol. P0455 is an EVAP code, try tightening your gascap, if youre fortunate that will fix it. P1800 is your VIAS solenoid, see if thats plugged in. For the record, the beauty of OBD2 codes is that they are universal across all cars. You can simply google the code and your car and almost always find information that pertains to whatever is causing the issue.

Last edited by Slamrod; 06-16-2020 at 02:53 PM.
Old 06-16-2020, 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by User1
I'm sorry for behaving foolishly the other night. Was a long night if you know what I mean...

Awesome on the pedal stopper! It does not appear that the pedal stopper is sold separately:

https://www.nissanpartsdeal.com/part...agram=180_A002

But like others have said, just about anything will work, use your imagination and have fun!

New codes = new adventures! It's nice you have NDSII! Start new threads with the codes in the title if you have trouble/need help. I promise to stay sane (or at least off the forums lol)!

Cheers!
Oh ok lol I guess the piece that I found was for a different car 🤷‍♀️ It looked the same though lol

No worries about the other night! We all have them 🤣

I'll be sure to check out that site, and I'll post a new thread after searching it up a bit 🙂🙂

Thanks!

Old 06-17-2020, 09:04 AM

Do you have NDS2 or any other form of monitoring software? I absolutely had severe leaning at 4k with two different sensors, as well as unstable AFRs during WOT pulls - my AFR line was jagged as jagged gets, as if the ECU was constantly attempting to get it to target AFR, overshot, readjusted, undershot, readjusted, overshot, etc etc, like several time a second. Got rid of the MAF0095 and now theres no leaning out, and my AFR is flat as glass, literally a completely flat and smooth line.

You really wouldnt be able to notice it much just driving around. Its at 4k RPM at WOT that the severe lean condition presents itself by knocking like a jehovah’s witness.

I haven't noticed it knocking when I get on it. And I don't have an NDS2 tool.

One thing I did notice, the $200 hitachi's for our Maximas, there are two versions with the car build date of 12/01 splitting them. I wonder if there was a/f change made with the cars at that date.
Old 06-17-2020, 09:57 AM

is that a good or a bad thing lol. P0455 is an EVAP code, try tightening your gascap, if youre fortunate that will fix it. P1800 is your VIAS solenoid, see if thats plugged in. For the record, the beauty of OBD2 codes is that they are universal across all cars. You can simply google the code and your car and almost always find information that pertains to whatever is causing the issue.
LOL it's a good thing. Nothing really wrong except some kind of clunky noise when going over a bump, but that's for another day I suppose
​​​​​​
The VIAS is connected, as far as I can tell. I'm going to double check the hoses to see if I can notice any leaky spots
Old 08-13-2023, 05:48 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Fixed

Originally Posted by Mjp2231
Seeing that my original post was in the wrong forum, I'm starting over here. I apologize.

My son's 2002 maxima does not respond at all to the accelerator being pressed. It does not rev at all. About a week ago, his car wouldn't start, just cranked. He cleaned the maf sensor and replaced a coil pack (Hitachi from rock auto). The car starts just fine now but it doesn't respond to pressing the accelerator.

I tested all fuses in the kick panel and near the battery with a multimeter set to ohms. They all seem fine.

These are the codes that I pulled today with NDSii. (I'm new to this whole thing so please excuse any stupid questions I may have)
i know this is really late but for anyone else looking for solution take the gas peddle off, at the top there is a green spacer, those are prone to break off. If that spacer is gone it will throw those codes. Buy and bolt, washer and a nut and use that as a spacer, car will run perfect again