5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Got beat by 2k2 SE... needs some specs...

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2002, 05:07 AM
Maxima.org Sponsor and Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by Max_Gator
Demon -

You wouldn't be the first mustang owner to get a shock.

My favorite target is the mid-90s 4.6 GT.
ya those are fun. i haven't ran a 99-up one yes but ican't wait. i migth lose but i'll should keep up.
Old 02-11-2002, 05:07 AM
Minister of Silly Walks

Dont forget, we had an Automagic 2k2 with intake and exhaust run 14.3 in the 1/4...
Old 02-11-2002, 07:19 AM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

Originally posted by clee130
demonspeed gets the "Cool Newbie of the Year" award.

I second that!
Old 02-11-2002, 07:20 AM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

Re: Re: Got beat by 2k2 SE... needs some specs...

Originally posted by radpp16
OK this is what i wanna know, will a SUPERCHARGED 2k AUTOMAGIC kill a 6speed?

Once i know this, i will be happy
Roger
Stay happy.
Old 02-11-2002, 07:48 AM

Re: Re: Re: Got beat by 2k2 SE... needs some specs...

Originally posted by Y2KevSE

Stay happy.
Just adding my 2 cents in, but i rented a Mustang from Hertz once, out in Cali, and that crappola was slow, it didn't even have the mustang roar, i think it was an sl or something, do they even have that? i think this was a year ago, had the convertible which was nice.
The scary thing is, a elderly woman driving a brand new solara with trd package kicked my ****. But oh wells, quite funny, to many lanes over there and too many cars, not used to it. i like the parking lot in ny= 495 lie.
Old 02-11-2002, 09:23 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Got beat by 2k2 SE... needs some specs...

Originally posted by MaxSC

Just adding my 2 cents in, but i rented a Mustang from Hertz once, out in Cali, and that crappola was slow, it didn't even have the mustang roar, i think it was an sl or something, do they even have that? i think this was a year ago, had the convertible which was nice.
The scary thing is, a elderly woman driving a brand new solara with trd package kicked my ****. But oh wells, quite funny, to many lanes over there and too many cars, not used to it. i like the parking lot in ny= 495 lie.
was it a V6 stang you rented? those are slow, the GT stangs are good, SVT kicks ***. i would think you had a V6 stang though.
Old 02-11-2002, 09:41 AM
is invisible

Don't be fooled - they're just being nice.
And they still hate domestics.
Old 02-11-2002, 10:23 AM

Hi, hope this helps
0-60 :5.8-60
1/4 mile: 14.3
top speed 142 (regulated)

happy 6 speed SE Owner
Old 02-11-2002, 10:57 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by rwbro719
Hi, hope this helps
0-60 :5.8-60
1/4 mile: 14.3
top speed 142 (regulated)

happy 6 speed SE Owner
Were did you find those #'s? Everything sounds right except for the 142 regualted.
Old 02-11-2002, 04:33 PM

That definetly had to of been a V6. They have less than 200hp. The GT's have 260 and 302 ftlbs (99+)...

dmbmaxima88... the 94-98 GT's were the slowest... but most of the owners think because they are newer, they are the best
Old 02-11-2002, 07:41 PM

Originally posted by demonspeed
That definetly had to of been a V6. They have less than 200hp. The GT's have 260 and 302 ftlbs (99+)...

dmbmaxima88... the 94-98 GT's were the slowest... but most of the owners think because they are newer, they are the best
Yeah especially those 1994-1995 with the automatic I love walking on them from a roll. Me-> Brady Lund-> The guy still tries to race me.
Old 02-11-2002, 09:45 PM

The 94-95's were the slowests GT's ever. 215hp and a heavy platform = dog slow. The only one's i'd bother with would be the Cobra's.
Old 05-01-2002, 01:17 PM
All YOUR grammer belong to me

I doubt a 2k2 6-speed stock will run a 5.8 0-60 stock...maybe with slicks, but with f#cking FWD it's hard to put the awesome power of the VQ to the wheels.

Nissans and some toyota's are the only imports I'd consider. All honda's are too wimpy in the torque depo IMHO.

I originally wanted a 95-98 Mustang GT 5spd, but my parents said it would be too fast and too much insurence. My '95 Maxima is the fastest car they'd let me get...which is still cool becuase I get speed, comfort, built quality, VQ snarl, ROOM, ect. My next car will most likely be a muscle car or some kind of turbo import.

Remember only some Imports will hate on the domestics, i'd like to call them "riceboys". The people i'd consider jealous of others rides...like for instance a honduh civic with fart can exhaust putting down a '99 Cobra with Flowmasters and tint...you get my point.

Anyways, my closing statement...

Those who doubt the 95+ Maxima with a competent driver will get burned.
Old 05-01-2002, 01:39 PM
OG and counting...

Ok, but then what about...

KYB AGX & H&R, RT Cat, FSTB, RSB, AE:sills/Pedals

KYB makes shocks and struts, H&R are lowering springs, FSTB is some sort of throttle body, RSB... I have no idea, and AE is American Eagle sills/pedals??? So what am I missing...
KYB AGX: KYB is a brand of strut. The AGX is an adjustable strut.

H&R: Spring company similar to Eibach or, in your case, (Hotchkis).

RT Cat: Random Technology Catalytic Converter. Freer flowing Cats.

RSB: Rear Sway Bar

AE: Anniversary Edition. Most 5th Gen Max owners (Non AE) usually get the chrome Door Sills, Pedals, skirt kit (2000-2001 only) and Bronze headlights from the 20th Anniversary Edition Maxima.

BTW, I have driven a highly modded 5.0, Camaro Z28s, V8 Camaro, a stock LX 5.0, Mark VII LSC (Same drivetrain and frame) and a 4.6 GT. I like the LX 5.0 SS4 (Police) Package. I also killed a 4.6 GT (circa 1998).
Old 05-01-2002, 01:56 PM
Blu
the tits

Re: Got beat by 2k2 SE... needs some specs...

sorry but don't want to hate on anybody but 5 cars froma stop sounds a little wild for a 2002 auto or 6 spd maybe a 2000 auto

I have a 93 Mustang GT, and I was coming home from work when I see this thing zipping up behind me. It rode my @ss a little and then got right beside me. I looked over and I was like "wtf, this is a joke" and I threw it into 2nd. At the same time, the guy hammered it and we were off. We were already rolling at about 45, and it was even until I shifted to 3rd. He started to slowly pull on me and then I shifted to 4th and then I noticed we hit about 100 and that he was still slowly pulling and I wasn't going to catch him. I was SO suprised with the performance of this car. There was 1 or 2 cars on me when I shut down. I found him at the next light and it looked to be a 30 something guy in it. At the light, it had nothing. I let him go first to see if he'd raced from a stop and I saw his front lift up so I punched it. I had like 5 cars on him before I noticed him starting to catch back up.

ANYWAY! I'm not here to rag on these cars, so I hope you would treat mine the same. I'm just an 18 year old kid who likes all cars, regardless of make. I was soooo surprised, and I actually thought it was great that a car like this would take out a "muscle" car. My car came rated with 205hp and 285 ft/lbs from the factory. I haven't had it very long, so all i've done as far as go-fast stuff goes is an offroad x-pipe and a flowmaster catback and K&N (so i'm hoping like 220 at the wheels and 300 ft/lbs). The only info i've been able to find is the 255hp and 246 ft/lbs and that it weighs just over 3200 lbs. I just need to know the 1/4 mile time and 0-60. Again, I don't feel like hearing "oh, your pos old american car sucks", so try and be nice. Thanks, and you can check out my cars from the links in the sig.
Old 05-01-2002, 02:52 PM

Originally posted by ScreamingVQ

Yeah especially those 1994-1995 with the automatic I love walking on them from a roll. Me-> Brady Lund-> The guy still tries to race me.
hehe i luv running my boy in his 96 gt he gets ill and tries to make excuses like: i missed second or my car aint sounding right.... blah hes just mad cause he lost to a import but hey i like what ford has done on "some" of there svt models and yeah i hate a damn ford contour (used to own one)
Old 05-01-2002, 03:19 PM

Originally posted by NJ_MAX2000
Wow...I'm feeling the love in this forum.
Old 05-01-2002, 03:27 PM

...Nice abbreviation clinic... After that post every newbie in here feels like a seasoned veteran!

Originally posted by PrinzII

KYB AGX: KYB is a brand of strut. The AGX is an adjustable strut.

H&R: Spring company similar to Eibach or, in your case, (Hotchkis).

RT Cat: Random Technology Catalytic Converter. Freer flowing Cats.

RSB: Rear Sway Bar

AE: Anniversary Edition. Most 5th Gen Max owners (Non AE) usually get the chrome Door Sills, Pedals, skirt kit (2000-2001 only) and Bronze headlights from the 20th Anniversary Edition Maxima.

BTW, I have driven a highly modded 5.0, Camaro Z28s, V8 Camaro, a stock LX 5.0, Mark VII LSC (Same drivetrain and frame) and a 4.6 GT. I like the LX 5.0 SS4 (Police) Package. I also killed a 4.6 GT (circa 1998).
Old 05-01-2002, 06:27 PM
L33t BMW Drivah

Re: Got beat by 2k2 SE... needs some specs...

I have a 93 Mustang GT, and I was coming home from work when I see this thing zipping up behind me. It rode my @ss a little and then got right beside me. I looked over and I was like "wtf, this is a joke" and I threw it into 2nd. At the same time, the guy hammered it and we were off. We were already rolling at about 45, and it was even until I shifted to 3rd. He started to slowly pull on me and then I shifted to 4th and then I noticed we hit about 100 and that he was still slowly pulling and I wasn't going to catch him. I was SO suprised with the performance of this car. There was 1 or 2 cars on me when I shut down. I found him at the next light and it looked to be a 30 something guy in it. At the light, it had nothing. I let him go first to see if he'd raced from a stop and I saw his front lift up so I punched it. I had like 5 cars on him before I noticed him starting to catch back up.

ANYWAY! I'm not here to rag on these cars, so I hope you would treat mine the same. I'm just an 18 year old kid who likes all cars, regardless of make. I was soooo surprised, and I actually thought it was great that a car like this would take out a "muscle" car. My car came rated with 205hp and 285 ft/lbs from the factory. I haven't had it very long, so all i've done as far as go-fast stuff goes is an offroad x-pipe and a flowmaster catback and K&N (so i'm hoping like 220 at the wheels and 300 ft/lbs). The only info i've been able to find is the 255hp and 246 ft/lbs and that it weighs just over 3200 lbs. I just need to know the 1/4 mile time and 0-60. Again, I don't feel like hearing "oh, your pos old american car sucks", so try and be nice. Thanks, and you can check out my cars from the links in the sig.
As a former 10 year 5.0 LX owner, Sell the Flowaster , go with a set of Mac headers, and the full Mac catback, Get a GT 40 Intake, Im not sure how much money you have, but you will need 3.73 gears. With just that, most of us wont be able to touch you, except for Y2KS.. .....My Maxx will still outhandle you, but your stang is built for the 1/4 !
Old 05-01-2002, 07:56 PM

Re: Re: Got beat by 2k2 SE... needs some specs...

Originally posted by kloogy
As a former 10 year 5.0 LX owner, Sell the Flowaster , go with a set of Mac headers, and the full Mac catback, Get a GT 40 Intake, Im not sure how much money you have, but you will need 3.73 gears. With just that, most of us wont be able to touch you, except for Y2KS.. .....My Maxx will still outhandle you, but your stang is built for the 1/4 !
and you'll never get lost with the nav!!
Old 05-02-2002, 12:14 AM

Originally posted by dmbmaxima88

ya those are fun. i haven't ran a 99-up one yes but ican't wait. i migth lose but i'll should keep up.
You'll beat the auto... and should keep up well with the manuals. I beat an auto(?) off the line (red light) and a second time at a rolling start. & I was stock, except for drop-in K&N filter panel.

Stang driver:

Anywayz, you just have to respect the raw power of a domestic V-8... oh, and they are also relatively inexpensive!

Hey, this guy is pretty cool for a Demon!...

G
Old 05-02-2002, 01:24 AM

My question is how do those cars have so much torque. In many imports the HP is equal or higher then the Torque. In domestics the torque is almost always higher then the HP.

I've killed about 16 mustangs, no new ones though. And none were from a stop. Nice car though.
Old 05-02-2002, 08:57 AM

Jeez, I didn't know anyone still looked at this. Anyway, I actually took my car to the track about a month ago. With only my offroad x-pipe, catback, and K&N drop in filter, it ran a 14.62@95.5. I had a 2.1 60', but that seemed to be what the average was of the day because conditions were rather crappy. I need some better tires for one, which I plan on doing here before long. Before summer is up, i'm going to be throwing on some headers, cai, and pullies with the new wheels and tires. If that doesn't get me into the 13's, i'll be going with 3.55's. I'm not all into 1/4 mile stuff, so that is more optimum for me. I have started autox'ing, and i'm having much more fun that I do at the strip. I was busting better times than a lot of the import guys were, but i'm just guessing with better drivers, they would have handed me mine. I just need some better tires and should upgrade my brakes a bit. Anyway, I won't be ok with my car until it's into the 13's or it turns into a Camaro, so I think 13's will happen first Later...
Old 05-02-2002, 12:03 PM

Jeez, I didn't know anyone still looked at this. Anyway, I actually took my car to the track about a month ago. With only my offroad x-pipe, catback, and K&N drop in filter, it ran a 14.62@95.5. I had a 2.1 60', but that seemed to be what the average was of the day because conditions were rather crappy. I need some better tires for one, which I plan on doing here before long. Before summer is up, i'm going to be throwing on some headers, cai, and pullies with the new wheels and tires. If that doesn't get me into the 13's, i'll be going with 3.55's. I'm not all into 1/4 mile stuff, so that is more optimum for me. I have started autox'ing, and i'm having much more fun that I do at the strip. I was busting better times than a lot of the import guys were, but i'm just guessing with better drivers, they would have handed me mine. I just need some better tires and should upgrade my brakes a bit. Anyway, I won't be ok with my car until it's into the 13's or it turns into a Camaro, so I think 13's will happen first Later...
I finaly took my max to the track too 14.5 @ 98MPH with a 2.44 60'.
Old 05-02-2002, 12:08 PM

Do you know what gears you have in your Mustang? Probably 2.73's. If you change to 3.55's that will be the best mod you can make. My stock GT (automatic) with just a change to 3.73's was doing 14.4's in the 1/4 at 96-97 mph. You will get a much better improvement from the gear change than just about anything short of Nitrous or S/C. It should only cost about $350 or so total.

--Ray
Old 05-02-2002, 12:25 PM

Originally posted by melteye
My question is how do those cars have so much torque. In many imports the HP is equal or higher then the Torque. In domestics the torque is almost always higher then the HP.

I've killed about 16 mustangs, no new ones though. And none were from a stop. Nice car though.
Most of the domestic cars have larger engines than the imports. Larger displacement = More Torque. Engines that have HP values higher than Torque values are usually smaller higher reving engines. Cars like the Civic SI make 160 Hp and Maybe 125 ft/lbs of TQ. They make all the HP in the upper levels, that is why it has to rev to 8K+.

Most domestics redline before 6k rpms.

--Ray
Old 05-02-2002, 12:48 PM

Originally posted by mzmtg
Dont forget, we had an Automagic 2k2 with intake and exhaust run 14.3 in the 1/4...
Nice pic of that HK! Personally I would rather have a Kimber 45
Old 05-02-2002, 12:53 PM

I beleive I have 3.08's. I know a gear change will make a big difference, but i'd also like to see what I can do without them (plus, as you pointed out, 300 bucks for installation isn't in my little budget at the moment). Glad to see that maxima's are running with 5.0's. Some people I tell about my encounter are all like "those are slow blah blah." I just nod my head and think to myself "wait til you run into one..." someday i'll be able to spank you 2K2's!
Old 05-02-2002, 12:56 PM

racing...

Newsflash... I think we all know that racing itself on public roads is dangerous, but if you gonna do it, do it on more open roads with at least 2 lanes per direction and minimal traffic...

Just yesterday, in the Natomas area of Sactown, California, some fool in his ford contour was racing another guy in a late model stang convertible and the stang lost control and disentigrated after plowing into a tree. Parts of the stang tore up the lawn where wrecked. You can see one of the wheel just standing by itself on the ground. The chick in the passenger seat of the stang got banged into the tree so hard, her seat belt was lodged into the tree trunk. The bark of the tree busted to smithereens (the tree looked like it was at least a foot thick, or thicker in diameter).... I was surprised she was still alive in critical condition...

The stang driver was arrested and the contour driver fled when the stang hit the tree. They were in 25 mph suburbia residential roads.

Anyway, just my 2 cents....
Old 05-02-2002, 01:19 PM

Re: racing...

Originally posted by koostermax
Newsflash... I think we all know that racing itself on public roads is dangerous, but if you gonna do it, do it on more open roads with at least 2 lanes per direction and minimal traffic...

Just yesterday, in the Natomas area of Sactown, California, some fool in his ford contour was racing another guy in a late model stang convertible and the stang lost control and disentigrated after plowing into a tree. Parts of the stang tore up the lawn where wrecked. You can see one of the wheel just standing by itself on the ground. The chick in the passenger seat of the stang got banged into the tree so hard, her seat belt was lodged into the tree trunk. The bark of the tree busted to smithereens (the tree looked like it was at least a foot thick, or thicker in diameter).... I was surprised she was still alive in critical condition...

The stang driver was arrested and the contour driver fled when the stang hit the tree. They were in 25 mph suburbia residential roads.

Anyway, just my 2 cents....
Damn, you actualy saw it happen?

demonspeed, someday I got spanked by a early 90's stand at the track, it ran a 12.6 on street tires.
Old 05-02-2002, 03:43 PM
L33t BMW Drivah

Those 300.00 for gears , are the best 300 BUCKS you'll ever spend. The stock 2.73 and 3.08's STINK !
Old 05-02-2002, 04:15 PM

emax95...

It was practically the top story all over the news... I was surprised at how close and detailed one news team got... usually they would just show like a 5 second or so clip of such but the story covered at least 5 minutes of newstime with about 1 minute or 2 showing the wreck...
Old 05-02-2002, 05:53 PM

I've learned many lessons in driving, and one of them is how to act on the roads. If do race someone, it's going to be on a pretty empty 4 lane road w/o many turns as i've had way too many close calls acting stupid. The night I raced that Maxima was at like 11:30 at night on a pretty empty 4 lane road on the way to my neighborhood (not in it). After being to the track and autox events, anymore, I don'r really feel much need to take it to the street. It's a blast though, but there are too many things that can go wrong...
...i'll get those gears soon enough....
Old 05-02-2002, 10:16 PM
L33t BMW Drivah

I saw a crazy wwreck like this on Francis Lewis Blvd..in NY back in 1990, during our regular Saturday night races, which from what I hear, no longer exist due to enforcement.. You NY-Kers might have heard about it. A 90 Gt w / nitrous, and a CUDA were racing, the Stang hit oil, while engaging the juice ( oil was placed there on purpose ) Lost control Spun, then flipped at least 5 times into the incoming Northbound lanes, slammed into a Minivan with a Family... Im not sure how many people in the Van died, but the GT guy was killed... Im a fan of racing, but The street thing can be dangerous, though I'm guilty of it myself...
Old 05-03-2002, 12:39 AM

Every mustang that I've run into lately has been VERY embarassed