5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Dealership SUCKS!

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2000, 07:09 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Picked up my 2k SE tonight at the very last minute from the service department, they closed after I pulled away. Got home and noticed that when I grabbed some stuff out of the trunk that it was wet. Hmm? Why is the carpet in my truck wet? Turns out that my Maxima must have been the parts car for the day, and, it's not just wet, it's soaked with BATTERY ACID. How did I figure that out? Well the smell was kind of familiar and when I splattered a little baking soda and water on it there was a major chemical reaction (Foam). Now, I ripped out the carpet and the side panel as well. Washed down the actual body underneath. Put all the parts in a plastic bag and am heading in tomorrow morning to *****! Question is, should I play it cool or go balistic on those a$$holes!
Old 11-15-2000, 07:46 PM

Well depends

If you go in there screaming bloody murder, it will really set them back on their heels in a totally defensive posture...plus you'll have nothing to bring to the next level of anger if need be...

I'd start with the salesman and just ask him in a tone that is polite but in a way that he knows that you are a little ruffled...if he just sort of looks at you like your nuts ask to see the Service Manager...if that fails, the General Sales manager and if that fails(if you are at this point you probably are really pissed by now ) Depending on how your dealership is setup you may want to skip the Service Manager....

Don't unload all your ammo at the beginning...leave yourself some room to escalte if need be...hopefully they will do you right......

Good Luck
Old 11-16-2000, 07:22 AM

jnm2kse,

Do you speak from experience, Grasshopper?
Old 11-16-2000, 12:25 PM

find out what happened first

before you go there and go off on there a**es. something similar happened to me before. a week after i bought my car, i took it in to get the tint and spoiler put on it, and they gave me another max to drive while they were doing this(it took a day) the next day i picked it up my car and gave them theres back. before i went to the dealership, i picked up some stuff from the mall, so i open up the trunk of my car and put my bags in there. the first thing i noticed was the water dripping from underneath the trunk lid. then i felt the carpet and it was all wet. the good thing is that it was just water. apparently, after the put the spoiler on, they hosed the car down and cleaned it, but they didn't close the trunk(morons). the guy that was spraying the water didn't want to get it trouble, so he didn't tell anyone, he just closed the trunk. its a good thing i didn't leave. i called the salesman who sold me the car and showed him what happened, and he got his guys to clean it up, he was very humble. you might want to find out what happened first, maybe some moron did the same thing the guy did to my car.

btw, i think it was a bad idea to wash the evidence off of the carpeting.
Old 11-16-2000, 03:19 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

I didn't wash off the carpet, I just pulled it out along with the right side panel and put it in a plastic bag. Then I wiped up any acid that had seeped through to the paint under the carpet. It would have stripped off the paint if I had left it until morning.

Calmness prevaled, due to the 12hr cooling off period that I had to endure last night. I walked in and explained what I believed had happened and even though they denied it was possible they replaced the carpet, cardboard panel, and side panel with the interior from another car. I feel sorry for whoever buys that demo as they just slapped my stuff back into that car. It was acid, so it will rot the carpet and cardboard.
Old 11-16-2000, 06:21 PM

Heh..no Matt

Believe it or not I have never lost my cool with the dealer...I've always been polite but firm...they've resisted me on a few things such as the TCM issue etc

I really had to press but in the end I ended up getting it done without having to spaz on them

The engine mounts thingy is a Nissan NA issue and I am starting to get a little hot....

My "contact" at Nissan NA left me a message about 3 weeks ago telling me that Nissan considers the problem fixed and to call him if I still think that there is a problem...well that was 3 weeks and 4 or 5 calls ago I have made without getting a phone call back.

My last call earlier this week was just simply asking how things stood...was Nissan examing my old mounts before they wanted to get back to me, is there something else going on?

All I want is a simple call back acknowledging me and to give me a heads up.

Believe it or not I got another survey in the mail today from Nissan.....man is this going to be fun )