5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

How much faster with 75 shots.

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2002, 01:38 PM

How much faster with 75 shots.

Hi guys, I am wondering how faster my 2K1 Se 20th auto can be with juice. Here is the picture of my mods: Y-Pipe, Berk Tech Intake, PowerTech racing muffler, maybe a new resonator with SS piping, maxspeed spring,
new 17" lighter wheel, new Ecsta Supra 235-45-17

I'm thinking of a 75 shots NOS, not enough money left to go S/C but a 1000$ more to make the car significantly faster look like a good deal to me.

Excuse for my ignorance, but does NOS is illegal for street use

I want to know how much faster my car will be ???

Thanks for your opinions.

Cheers

AA
Old 02-14-2002, 01:55 PM

Re: How much faster with 75 shots.

Originally posted by doublea
Hi guys, I am wondering how faster my 2K1 Se 20th auto can be with juice. Here is the picture of my mods: Y-Pipe, Berk Tech Intake, PowerTech racing muffler, maybe a new resonator with SS piping, maxspeed spring,
new 17" lighter wheel, new Ecsta Supra 235-45-17

I'm thinking of a 75 shots NOS, not enough money left to go S/C but a 1000$ more to make the car significantly faster look like a good deal to me.

Excuse for my ignorance, but does NOS is illegal for street use

I want to know how much faster my car will be ???

Thanks for your opinions.

Cheers

AA
donno how much faster but i would say quite a bit as for is it illegal yep sure is your not even aloud to have it hooked up and need a permit just to carry it
Old 02-14-2002, 01:59 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

let me be the first to say, before u put the 75shot in there, open your hood and kiss your engine and transmission because they gonna go bye bye. If u plan to run a 75shot, u need a new fuel pump, as for the transmission, since its auto u can wave bye to that too, im running a 50shot and after just 2 bottles, theres a LOT of wear and tear on the tranny. Before under normal driving the tranny would shift at 5900 in each gear and relatively quickly, now it shifts at 6200 and theres significant delay in shifts. Without a new fuel pump ur gonna drive.....hit the switch and ur car goes instaLEAN and u quite possibly blow your motor.

My reccomendations, get a VB mod, new fuel pump and then put nitrous. Your tranny will still fall apart eventually from the nitrous but not as quickly, the engine isnt a problem as long as ur getting enough fuel to it. As long as u do the right things, with a 75shot u should be running low 14s maybe even 14flat if ur REALLY good.
Old 02-14-2002, 03:04 PM

Originally posted by SkylineGTR
let me be the first to say, before u put the 75shot in there, open your hood and kiss your engine and transmission because they gonna go bye bye. If u plan to run a 75shot, u need a new fuel pump, as for the transmission, since its auto u can wave bye to that too, im running a 50shot and after just 2 bottles, theres a LOT of wear and tear on the tranny. Before under normal driving the tranny would shift at 5900 in each gear and relatively quickly, now it shifts at 6200 and theres significant delay in shifts. Without a new fuel pump ur gonna drive.....hit the switch and ur car goes instaLEAN and u quite possibly blow your motor.

My reccomendations, get a VB mod, new fuel pump and then put nitrous. Your tranny will still fall apart eventually from the nitrous but not as quickly, the engine isnt a problem as long as ur getting enough fuel to it. As long as u do the right things, with a 75shot u should be running low 14s maybe even 14flat if ur REALLY good.
You dont need a fuel pump if you run a 50 shot
Old 02-14-2002, 03:10 PM

however fast you go, i think it will be an easily noticeable difference from before
Old 02-14-2002, 03:45 PM

Originally posted by SkylineGTR

I wanna thank you guys for your input, I think your experiences is price less and really appreciated. What I'm looking here is to have a faster car cuz I intend to go to the track this spring or summer. I am just exploring all possible avenue, and dont get me wrong I know there is going to be some rework need if major improvement, tranny, fuel and a list of other mods, so the question is, is it worth it ?

Cheers

DoubleA
Old 02-14-2002, 06:11 PM

Originally posted by doublea

I wanna thank you guys for your input, I think your experiences is price less and really appreciated. What I'm looking here is to have a faster car cuz I intend to go to the track this spring or summer. I am just exploring all possible avenue, and dont get me wrong I know there is going to be some rework need if major improvement, tranny, fuel and a list of other mods, so the question is, is it worth it ?

Cheers

DoubleA
you have to ask yourself if its worth it. The more you try and push out of your engine you have to be prepared for problems that come with racing.

I agree you should get a VB mod next. Then start with a low shot of NOS. If you start running lean (check all your plugs after each run) you will need gagues and a fuel pump. Learn all you can about NOS, if you abuse it you will hurt your car.
Old 02-14-2002, 07:57 PM
'Trynna' is not a word

If you have a VB mod & tranny cooler you should be fine. Their are a lot of people with NOS and auto's on this board, running without any problems. As for engine problems, I check my plugs often, and Ive done compression test before and after upping the shot (ie 50-80 shot) and have not had any problems so far. I know SX7R has run well over 40 bottles in his car, and it's still going strong. NOS is only bad IMO if you misuse it or don't respect what it can do... be safe and have fun.