5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

finally raced a tl-s............

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2002, 04:07 AM
maxgsxr1

Originally posted by ColgateU
The only way your auto max could have kept up with a TL-S from 80MPH is if the guy driving the TL-S didnt downshift to 3rd. If your not in the sportshift or D4, the D5 auto will only go down to 4th. And 4th gear is so tall that it takes the TL-S to the 150 MPH limiter without even hitting redline! But 80 MPH in 3rd gear is right at the sweetspot of the TL-S VTEC powerband (and it goes to about 110 MPH), and your auto max would have had a good view of the TL-S's rear end.

But anyway, good kill.
first of all , my car isn't stock..........so whaaaaa

Old 02-20-2002, 04:28 AM

Originally posted by tapwr3000
hey you two are enemies
you guys are not suppose to be friends
Well... I keep my friends close, and my enemies CLOSER... hahaha

Soon I will learn everything there is to know about killing TLs for breakfast, hehe...

Right CrayZ, I help you beat Maxes 'n you help me smoke TLs!

G

PS> tapwr3000, I guess you can stop crying then... & start plotting instead!
Old 02-20-2002, 07:02 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

PS> tapwr3000, I guess you can stop crying then... & start plotting instead!
plotting?
There is no need to plot, I konw i'm gonna kick a stock TLs' AZZ
Not by much, but I'm sure we are FASTER
Old 02-20-2002, 07:23 AM

TL-S, CL-S, it doesn't really matter, the 2k2 auto maxes are posting faster times by about .23 +or- .02 so it really comes down to the driver, with the max driver having the advantage
Old 02-20-2002, 08:55 AM

Originally posted by SteVTEC
TL-S and CL-S owners fear 2k2 Max's!
The 6sp CL-S hits dealers in March...we will see who fears who!
Old 02-20-2002, 09:51 AM

Originally posted by Acura2001CL-S

The 6sp CL-S hits dealers in March...we will see who fears who!
Sorry dude, your Cl-S 6-speed will get smoked my a 4-door family car(6-speed of course). Thanks for playing, next please!

Old 02-20-2002, 09:55 AM
jjs

Which can....

Originally posted by Cutlr7

Sorry dude, your Cl-S 6-speed will get smoked my a 4-door family car(6-speed of course). Thanks for playing, next please!

COMFORTABLY seat three other people to watch!
Old 02-20-2002, 09:56 AM

Originally posted by Cutlr7

Laugh it up. The fact is that the 6sp CL-S will be the fastest Honda ever made except the NSX. Thank you for playing, next please!
Old 02-20-2002, 09:59 AM
jjs

Not too hard to do since...

Laugh it up. The fact is that the 6sp CL-S will be the fastest Honda ever made except the NSX. Thank you for playing, next please!
most of the Honda line is inherently slow anyway...don't get me wrong, I am a past owner of a VTEC 'Lude
Old 02-20-2002, 10:00 AM

The 6sp CL-S has sweeter gear ratios than the 6sp Max. It will destroy the Max on the highway and from a stop.
Old 02-20-2002, 10:00 AM
Dyno plot says I have the most area under the Administrator curve

But still slower than a 6spd Maxima!

Next
Old 02-20-2002, 10:06 AM
RussMaxManiac

Yea and its taking Honda this long to catch up with other Japan manufactures with more powerful cars.

Old 02-20-2002, 10:08 AM

The 6sp CL-S has sweeter gear ratios than the 6sp Max. It will destroy the Max on the highway and from a stop.
Yeah...but only in your dreams, foo

2k2 Maxima 6spd: 255HP, 246T, 3224lb
Acura CL-S 6spd: 260HP, 232T, 3450lb

Sorry dude, but your CL-S 6spd's will be OwNeD hardcore by 6spd Maxima's. You only have a tiny bit more horsepower, much less torque, and 225lb of extra weight.

And both cars have gear ratios that are very smiliar, but the power to weight ratio goes to the Maxima hands down - you wouldn't even need to look at gear ratio's:

2k2 Maxima 6spd: 158.2 HP/ton
2k3 CL-S 6spd..: 150.7 HP/ton

It's not like you ever understood simple F=ma physics, though
Old 02-20-2002, 10:21 AM

Sorry dude, but your CL-S 6spd's will be OwNeD hardcore by 6spd Maxima's. You only have a tiny bit more horsepower, much less torque, and 225lb of extra weight.

And both cars have gear ratios that are very smiliar, but the power to weight ratio goes to the Maxima hands down - you wouldn't even need to look at gear ratio's:

And as Smokey said to Deebo in the movie Friday , "you got knocked the F&$% out", and by a ex-honda owner at that, hehe.

So as I said before, thanks for playing and next please!!
Old 02-20-2002, 10:24 AM

it's (as usual) all gonna come down to the driver, with the max driver having an advantage of course, not to mention the extra money to spend on mods, or food in some people's case
Old 02-20-2002, 10:25 AM

I forgot to add, that in order to get to Vtec range you have to tach the thing to 17K anyway, hehe.

Isuzu coined the phrase "Torque on Demand", Nissan should buy the patent and give it to the 6-speed 2k2.

JCR
Old 02-20-2002, 10:37 AM

I think, in the end, this is too close to call hands down. Mostly driver success/error is going to determine these races stock.

Two things having said that:

1. Nobody is going to care who wins stock in the end, since none of us are going to be stock (not many at least). IMO.

2. Come back and talk to us once EVEN ONE Acura owner is actually driving a 6-speed CL-S. Until then, the only topic of conversation is the current autotragic CL-S since the current 6-speed CL-S will, tragically, not make it to the starting line for the race as it does not exist.
Old 02-20-2002, 11:16 AM

Originally posted by Jsolo™
this guy's obiviously ****ed at you guys, look at his sig
Old 02-20-2002, 11:22 AM

The CL-S will own at low and high speed becuase of gearing. On a topend drag, the CL-S will win also because of lower CD and a better final drive. The max's front end is shaped like a bus, while the front of a CL_S is shaped like a bullet.
Old 02-20-2002, 11:27 AM

The CL-S will own at low and high speed becuase of gearing. On a topend drag, the CL-S will win also because of lower CD and a better final drive. The max's front end is shaped like a bus, while the front of a CL_S is shaped like a bullet.
I still don't know why you're laughing about a situation that still cannot present itself since the CL-S six-speed only exists in magazine articles. Go home and come back when you are running low 14's or better with your CL-S six-speed. At that point, I am sure we will all be happy to pat you on the back and congratulate Acura on their catching up to Nissan on delivering a manual transmission in a sports sedan. Until then, you're talking out your a$$.
Old 02-20-2002, 01:53 PM

the front of a CL_S is shaped like a bullet.
ONE UGLY AZZ BULLET
Old 02-20-2002, 01:54 PM

The races will depend on the driver. And THIS Maxima 6 speed driver is faster, stronger, harder, and cooler than most Acura drivers
Old 02-20-2002, 02:04 PM
jjs

Go back to your Acura forums and make each other happy with dreams...

and wildly generalized (as well as unsubstantiated) boasts of a car not even on the road.

What at first had been a rather humorous interaction between you and the forum here has grown old and tiresome.
Old 02-20-2002, 02:13 PM

Originally posted by Jsolo™
Man, your 3rd gen IS AMAZING, (so's the 3.2TLS), but the 3rd gen deserves mad props cuz it doesn't look 1/2 that good from the factory
Old 02-20-2002, 05:06 PM
RussMaxManiac

You must be a stupid kid. You don't know **** obviously about what would affect a car. Gearing helps, but not near as much as weight. Weight is a big negative on the CL-S. Also, Even if the CL-S has less drag on the front, that does not become effective till 90+ mph anyways. The Max will defintely own you till then. If a 2k1 5spd Max takes CL-Ss all day long in 5spd form, I am positive a auto and 6spd will take any model CL-S, Tl-s

Old 02-20-2002, 05:22 PM
I'm needing a caw

Funny Russ, you flame and swear here but you tell others that they can't start shat on your 5-gen forum(even within the posting rules). You, my friend are doing EXACTLY both things here. So why don't you stop being so blantently two-faced and either post responsibly or STHU.

Originally posted by RussMaxManiac
You must be a stupid kid. You don't know **** obviously about what would affect a car. Gearing helps, but not near as much as weight. Weight is a big negative on the CL-S. Also, Even if the CL-S has less drag on the front, that does not become effective till 90+ mph anyways. The Max will defintely own you till then. If a 2k1 5spd Max takes CL-Ss all day long in 5spd form, I am positive a auto and 6spd will take any model CL-S, Tl-s
Old 02-20-2002, 05:37 PM
RussMaxManiac

Originally posted by Jeff92se
Funny Russ, you flame and swear here but you tell others that they can't start shat on your 5-gen forum(even within the posting rules). You, my friend are doing EXACTLY both things here. So why don't you stop being so blantently two-faced and either post responsibly or STHU.

I don't see me flaming. I see me correcting someone, thats all.

Old 02-20-2002, 05:43 PM

children, please take this to PM
Old 02-20-2002, 05:43 PM
I'm needing a caw

Total and utter BS. You called that guy stupid and "doesn't know shit". That is 2x worse than what I posted on your board. I was doing exactly what you did here but w/o the cursing and you had a big problem.

What the hell do you expect this guy's reply to be Russ?? "Oh I was just called stupid and such, I think I will thank him for that".

I don't see me flaming. I see me correcting someone, thats all.
Old 02-20-2002, 05:45 PM
RussMaxManiac

Total and utter BS. You called that guy stupid and "doesn't know shit". That is 2x worse than what I posted on your board. I was doing exactly what you did here but w/o the cursing and you had a big problem.

What the hell do you expect this guy's reply to be Russ?? "Oh I was just called stupid and such, I think I will thank him for that".

Really, I see others getting much worse than me in here. And your flaming me Jeff. Good move for a moderator.

Old 02-20-2002, 05:56 PM
I'm needing a caw

Really? Nice to know but that's not the point. Point is you flame here but I guess correcting facts in your forum is a no-no. Ie.. Japanese license plates. As far as flaming, you are the only one that used profanity and degraded another user. I was merely "correcting facts" right? So which is it Russ? Either we both were flaming or we both were not. If yes, you are guilty of flaming and being two-faced about posting. If no, you shouldn't have made me the subject of your posting rules in your forum. Simple but then again logic has no bearing here apparently.

So that's it. Make up something for me for others to enjoy. Woodear smilie

Really, I see others getting much worse than me in here. And your flaming me Jeff. Good move for a moderator.
Old 02-20-2002, 06:02 PM

Have u guys noticed....

Whenever there is a Type-S vs. Max thread... it is quite long
From personal experience... I haven't lost to a Type-S yet... but I am sure my day will come
Old 02-20-2002, 06:10 PM
RussMaxManiac

Really? Nice to know but that's not the point. Point is you flame here but I guess correcting facts in your forum is a no-no. Ie.. Japanese license plates. As far as flaming, you are the only one that used profanity and degraded another user. I was merely "correcting facts" right? So which is it Russ? Either we both were flaming or we both were not. If yes, you are guilty of flaming and being two-faced about posting. If no, you shouldn't have made me the subject of your posting rules in your forum. Simple but then again logic has no bearing here apparently.

So that's it. Make up something for me for others to enjoy. Woodear smilie

lol, ok, I said you don't know shiiiiiiit. Big deal. That isn't flaming. Flaming is when someone is constantly going back and force in a big arguement like you are doing right now about this stupid topic. You have yet to prove to me this is the same thing as the other post.

Old 02-20-2002, 06:20 PM
I'm needing a caw

There's that logic again. I would actually go to the trouble to compare posts but that's on the understanding that an intelligent reply would result. If avoiding answering direct questions were an Olympic event, you would be gold baby.

lol, ok, I said you don't know shiiiiiiit. Big deal. That isn't flaming. Flaming is when someone is constantly going back and force in a big arguement like you are doing right now about this stupid topic. You have yet to prove to me this is the same thing as the other post.
Old 02-20-2002, 06:32 PM

If avoiding answering direct questions were an Olympic event, you would be gold baby.

This should be a NO SPIN ZONE
Old 02-20-2002, 06:32 PM

Without taking sides...Flaming is NOT when someone is constantly going back and forth in a big argument.

At http://www.internettermsdictionary.com, a flame is defined as:

Flame: A concerted personal derogatory attack on one person usually in a discussion group or forum.

At http://www.oh-no.com, a flame is defined as:

Flame: To heap written abuse on someone or to excessively criticize them for their ideas, spelling, grammar, etc. Flaming is considered impolite, juvenile behavior, but is not uncommon in some newsgroups.

I believe it is safe to say that the phrase, "You don't know $hit" is flaming.

In another life, just in case anybody was wondering, I was known as "Mr. Dictionary" and "The King of Useless Information."
Old 02-20-2002, 06:34 PM

FYI...

That was not a flame!
Old 02-20-2002, 08:51 PM

I own a TL Type S and a 2001 Maxima SE 20th AE. I can tell you from first hand behind the wheel driving experience, the TL-S will spank the Max!!! Are you guys using this forum to write about your dreams?
Old 02-20-2002, 09:00 PM

Originally posted by Hang_Sideways

I own a TL Type S and a 2001 Maxima SE 20th AE. I can tell you from first hand behind the wheel driving experience, the TL-S will spank the Max!!! Are you guys using this forum to write about your dreams?
I have no doubt your TL-S will spank your Max AE if it's auto.

But were you not aware that the 2002 Maxima now has 255HP and 246 lb-ft torque from a VQ35 engine?

Do you think the 2002 Maxima will still get spanked by the TL-S?
Old 02-20-2002, 09:22 PM

I have no doubt your TL-S will spank your Max AE if it's auto.

But were you not aware that the 2002 Maxima now has 255HP and 246 lb-ft torque from a VQ35 engine?

Do you think the 2002 Maxima will still get spanked by the TL-S?
TL-S is a very nice car, a friend of mine has one. My maxima killed it when we raced from about 20-70 and i even let him the hit. No way will the TL-S come close to a 2k2 and i doubt the 6spds will have a chance either from what i saw from its auto counterpart. Dream on Aura boys .

Quick Reply: finally raced a tl-s............