5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Problem with dealer regarding TSB

Old 08-31-2000, 11:16 PM

Hi,
Made an appointment with the dealer.
#1 to check the TCM cause I was experiencing the slip.
#2 to get a pin dent removed that came with the car
#3 to get my wheel alighnment.

They fixed the dent, they adjusted the alighnment but they ran out of time to check the slip. They told me that I have to make another appointment!!!! So I said OK. On the way home I noticed that the alighnment was not fixed.
I read the postings today and noticed that other people where having the same problems. I even get that noise on the passenger side wheel in the morning as I pull out of my driveway.

I got the TSB form for the TCM but do any of you have the TSB for what looks like to be a strut problem?

I guess we are here for the same vote. We don't want anything for free. We just want Nissan to take care of our cars to run the way it is suppose to be. Especially the things that is covered under waranty.

Best Regards

Old 09-01-2000, 05:23 AM

Welcome to the wonderful world of

Nissan non-existant service....there appears to be quite a few dealerships that are pretty good judging by the number of satisfied people I've seen...however my dealer sure as hell isn't one of them.

Totally incompetent in fixing rattles and is 100% adament of not replacing the TCM unless they can detect any slip whatsoever. It is like Papa Nissan is standing right behind them with a .45 at the back of their heads...

My question to the Sevice Manager next time I see him(next Thursday to replace an engine mount) is:

"Has Kelly Nissan ever gone out of their way to help a customer who has a legit concern regarding a problem that Nissan admits exists but can sometimes be difficult to recreate? Liek when a customer has an issue...you can't quite get it to reproduce(the problem)but you do whatever is necessary within reason? I can see them telling me to take a hike if I come in and say.."Umm...my engine is making a slight whirring noise that I don't like...please replace the engine

It is like they don't even give a crap if you ever spent another cent at their dealership again.....oh they'll tell you that is not the case....

Sorry for the repetetive rant guys... I just like to jump on any thread where people complain on their service.
Old 09-01-2000, 08:09 AM

Originally posted by chiaki
Hi,
Made an appointment with the dealer.
#1 to check the TCM cause I was experiencing the slip.
#2 to get a pin dent removed that came with the car
#3 to get my wheel alighnment.

They fixed the dent, they adjusted the alighnment but they ran out of time to check the slip. They told me that I have to make another appointment!!!! So I said OK. On the way home I noticed that the alighnment was not fixed.
I read the postings today and noticed that other people where having the same problems. I even get that noise on the passenger side wheel in the morning as I pull out of my driveway.

I got the TSB form for the TCM but do any of you have the TSB for what looks like to be a strut problem?

I guess we are here for the same vote. We don't want anything for free. We just want Nissan to take care of our cars to run the way it is suppose to be. Especially the things that is covered under waranty.

Best Regards

Yeah I have the same noise when turning at low speeds and they are replacing my whole strut assembly. The strut mount is what causing that creaking noise they are saying. Hope they are right.
I think Russ got the same problem and it was fixed by replacing the strut assembly and mount to fix it.

They are installing my new strut assembly soon. Will let you know if it will fix it.

Old 09-01-2000, 10:52 AM

all dealers eat pieces of ****
just tell them straight up what you want to fix
and then get it fixed