5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Every one with HKS Exhaust, share your info

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2002, 07:06 PM
Maxima06071

Every one with HKS Exhaust, share your info

I really want the HKS exhaust,... I think because its less expensive than the Greddy and like Greddy, HKS is a big name in import tuning. hows the exhaust note? Big HP? Where can I get one?

Old 02-23-2002, 07:21 PM

Re: Every one with HKS Exhaust, share your info

Originally posted by Maxima06071
I really want the HKS exhaust,... I think because its less expensive than the Greddy and like Greddy, HKS is a big name in import tuning. hows the exhaust note? Big HP? Where can I get one?
I have the HKS and its a great exhaust. The only downside is that its not a full cat-back like the Greddy. But I personally like the dual tips. And if you have a good muffler shop in the area, have them make you a custom B-pipe but make sure that they put on a small resonator so the noise doesn;t get unbareable. I got mine from Stillen almost 8months ago so I dont know what the price is now. Good Luck choosing.
Old 02-23-2002, 07:44 PM
Pele ain't got nothing on me

Tone is sweet, HP increase is negligible. Part # is 3302-ex082. Do a google search using that as the search string. You'll find prices from $375 to $475.
Old 02-24-2002, 12:22 AM

Like Greddy???? What are you talking about, they are totally different design and have different exhaust tone too!!

and they are not cheap consider you only get the muffler!!!!

The best price i have seen is around $350...and that is steep just for a muffler
Old 02-24-2002, 01:05 PM
Maxima06071

Re: Re: Every one with HKS Exhaust, share your info

Originally posted by MaxTuner

Like Greddy???? What are you talking about, they are totally different design and have different exhaust tone too!!
Dude when I said like Greddy, I ment that they are both big in Japanese Imports. Like they're not arospeed.... they're BIG, damm, and $350 isnt that expensive if your getting what you pay for. I don't want cheap **** parts on my car!

Old 02-24-2002, 03:14 PM

Re: Re: Re: Every one with HKS Exhaust, share your info

Dude when I said like Greddy, I ment that they are both big in Japanese Imports. Like they're not arospeed.... they're BIG, damm, and $350 isnt that expensive if your getting what you pay for. I don't want cheap **** parts on my car!
Dont' want cheap sh*T on your car, then can you explain this to me

"Hyper blue plasma bulbs in headlights and side markers"
instead you should have gotten Bell Of HID conversion or PIAA HID kit, rite???

and BTW, in Japn HKS and GReddy are only consider "average" class, there are plenty of other "ones" that are more high class and of course way more expensive. And obviously we won't need to worry about that, cuz they don't make parts for Maixmas(US).

Old 02-24-2002, 04:30 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I recently purchased my HKS from groupbuycenter.com. Getting it installed tomorrow. They have a super sale now on all HKS performance parts until march 7th. I bought my HKS for $390.50 plus shipping $26.82. Came in 4 days. Another place you can check out is eatricezone.com. They list it for $389.
Old 02-24-2002, 04:42 PM

I use to have the HKS some time ago. I had it coupled with the Y-pipe and it was too loud for my taste. The low end felt lethargic. Overall, the sound was nice and mean, kinda like a mustang and it looked just right. My HKS was sold because I was getting headache's from the sound of the HKS.

GC
Old 02-24-2002, 04:46 PM

Originally posted by Cisco
I use to have the HKS some time ago. I had it coupled with the Y-pipe and it was too loud for my taste. The low end felt lethargic. Overall, the sound was nice and mean, kinda like a mustang and it looked just right. My HKS was sold because I was getting headache's from the sound of the HKS.

GC
btw, is the HKS emissions legal? Did you pass the state inspection with the HKS. Still debating if I should keep my stock exhaust just in case.
Old 02-24-2002, 04:56 PM

1. Emissions legal, yes.
2. Why wouldn't you pass state inspection?
3. I'd highly recommend keeping the stock exhaust just in case you dont like it.

GC

Originally posted by TaiwanMaxima

btw, is the HKS emissions legal? Did you pass the state inspection with the HKS. Still debating if I should keep my stock exhaust just in case.
Old 02-25-2002, 06:06 PM
Maxima06071

Re: Re: Re: Re: Every one with HKS Exhaust, share your info

Dont' want cheap sh*T on your car, then can you explain this to me

"Hyper blue plasma bulbs in headlights and side markers"
instead you should have gotten Bell Of HID conversion or PIAA HID kit, rite???

and BTW, in Japn HKS and GReddy are only consider "average" class, there are plenty of other "ones" that are more high class and of course way more expensive. And obviously we won't need to worry about that, cuz they don't make parts for Maixmas(US).

Ok When I said parts I meant like performance modifications.
The headlight bulbs were just for looks, I really didn't care about their impovements in visibility, they were just replacing the stock burn't out ones.
I didn't mean to insult another org member and I'm truely sorry if my last post sounded kinda nasty, but I'm just a little stressed with school and $500 car payments.

I want inexpensive parts but not cheap ones and I'm trying not to have to go to a shop cause all the shops around here are run by idiots and are pretty much Domestic only.
If you or any one else knows a great exhaust that performs better than Greddy or HKS tell me.
I found a Blitz one for $500 marked down from $640.
but thats as much as a car payment!

Old 02-25-2002, 06:13 PM

Originally posted by Cisco
1. Emissions legal, yes.
2. Why wouldn't you pass state inspection?
3. I'd highly recommend keeping the stock exhaust just in case you dont like it.

GC

50 state emissions legal?
I'm picking my car up tomorrow with the HKS installed. I'll get some pics up hopefully.
Old 02-25-2002, 06:34 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Every one with HKS Exhaust, share your info

Ok When I said parts I meant like performance modifications.
The headlight bulbs were just for looks, I really didn't care about their impovements in visibility, they were just replacing the stock burn't out ones.
I didn't mean to insult another org member and I'm truely sorry if my last post sounded kinda nasty, but I'm just a little stressed with school and $500 car payments.

I want inexpensive parts but not cheap ones and I'm trying not to have to go to a shop cause all the shops around here are run by idiots and are pretty much Domestic only.
If you or any one else knows a great exhaust that performs better than Greddy or HKS tell me.
I found a Blitz one for $500 marked down from $640.
but thats as much as a car payment!
It's cool, I was just wondering if you were one of those ppl who don't know what they are talking about(contradicting themselves).

Blitz??? Are you sure they make exhaust for maximas???? So far, I would say Greddy and JIC(coming soon) are the best Cat-Back exhaust for maximas, other than that, we are pretty limited when it comes to selection from "Big" and famous japanese exhaust system makers!

Old 02-25-2002, 11:52 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Every one with HKS Exhaust, share your info

It's cool, I was just wondering if you were one of those ppl who don't know what they are talking about(contradicting themselves).

Blitz??? Are you sure they make exhaust for maximas???? So far, I would say Greddy and JIC(coming soon) are the best Cat-Back exhaust for maximas, other than that, we are pretty limited when it comes to selection from "Big" and famous japanese exhaust system makers!

getting back my car tomorrow from the shop. I'll post up some pics.
Old 02-26-2002, 12:54 AM
a33

i think the hks is perfect for the max
it is not too loud but it has a beatiful tone....
you will luv it.. for sure
i thought it was too expensive at first, but then when you compare the tone of other exhausts, you ll see why they are so expensive...
Old 02-26-2002, 03:13 PM
Maxima06071

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Every one with HKS Exhaust, share your info

Si senor
Maxima Blitz

Old 02-26-2002, 10:10 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Every one with HKS Exhaust, share your info

Si senor
Maxima Blitz
Wow, really, did you email them to make sure it wasn't a typo or something?

Thanks
Old 02-27-2002, 05:52 AM

I don't think its High for $380. HKS Is Great Quality and fits right on. Call MVP Motorsports for Prices 940-683-3800 ..

Now can anyone tell me who's got the Best price for a HKS Dragger for Supra???
Old 02-27-2002, 05:53 AM

Oh yeah, one more thing. If you have a Automagic. There's a Deep Drown at 70-75mph on the Hwy.. May need to turn the OverDrive on .. Mine is a 5spd but I've heard people complain about this on their Autoz in the past.
Old 02-27-2002, 11:34 AM
Maxima06071

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Every one with HKS Exhaust, share your info

Wow, really, did you email them to make sure it wasn't a typo or something?

Thanks
Yeah I e-mailed them and they assured me it was also for 2000-2001 5th-gen maximas. Sorry 2002 they didn't say any thing about ya'll and I forgot to ask, but I doubt theres much or a difference in the 2k back section and the 2k2 back section.

Old 02-27-2002, 12:15 PM

I've got the HKS rear section on my car and I love it.
Not much gains in the horsepower department but the sh*t looks phat and it sounds pretty nice too.

I kept reading other posts on the org about the HKS rear section being "LOUD!" so when I installed mine and drove for the first time I was actually a bit disappointed. I felt that is was not loud enough.

Hopefully Warpspeed will finish the y-pipes for our cars soon!!
I heard the y-pipe and HKS combo gets "REALLY LOUD!"
Old 02-27-2002, 02:54 PM

Originally posted by acMAX
I've got the HKS rear section on my car and I love it.
Not much gains in the horsepower department but the sh*t looks phat and it sounds pretty nice too.

I kept reading other posts on the org about the HKS rear section being "LOUD!" so when I installed mine and drove for the first time I was actually a bit disappointed. I felt that is was not loud enough.

Hopefully Warpspeed will finish the y-pipes for our cars soon!!
I heard the y-pipe and HKS combo gets "REALLY LOUD!"
when is Warpspeed coming out with the y-pipe?
Old 02-27-2002, 05:39 PM

i spoke to them last week and they told me everything should be ready in about a week but he didn't sound too confident about it.

I'll give them a call tomorrow.
Old 02-27-2002, 07:50 PM

5th Gen y-pipe

I saw this thread and wanted to respond. Just got off the phone with Dallas. The hold up has been the flanges, they are now in thanks to IsaacM, Maxima.org member. Dallas said he has 2 cars lined up for installs next week. If all goes well, 5th Gen. Y-pipes should be ready to roll by late next week.I know we will be offering them in aluminized and 304SS, not sure if we will sell a non-mandral bent pipe. We should have info on the b-pipes late this week or Monday.

Dan WSP
Old 03-02-2002, 12:28 PM

Pics of HKS installed

http://maxima.cardomain.com/member_p...=186064&page=2