5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

SC Grinding noise...the saga continues

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2002, 11:34 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

SC Grinding noise...the sags continues

When I'm at idle, I hear like a grinding noise, when I hit the gas, it goes away...I was low on oil and I still have'nt changed it yet, I have a leak. But when my oil pressure goes up (oil pressure gauge) the noise stops! It was suggested that its not getting enough oil to lubricate the SC so it grinds when your at idle and the oil pressure drops...when I rev and the rpms and oil pressure goes up, the noise stops! Oil or could it be something else? Anyone else experience this? Holla...

Deac
Old 02-27-2002, 11:36 AM

Re: SC Grinding noise...the sags continues

Originally posted by Deac
When I'm at idle, I hear like a grinding noise, when I hit the gas, it goes away...I was low on oil and I still have'nt changed it yet, I have a leak. But when my oil pressure goes up (oil pressure gauge) the noise stops! It was suggested that its not getting enough oil to lubricate the SC so it grinds when your at idle and the oil pressure drops...when I rev and the rpms and oil pressure goes up, the noise stops! Oil or could it be something else? Anyone else experience this? Holla...

Deac
PS "the sags continues" I suck at typing !!! supposed to be the saga continues... DOHH!
Old 02-27-2002, 12:35 PM

Grinding is bad but gurgling is normal.
Old 02-27-2002, 12:37 PM
Member who somehow became The President of The SE-L Club

Super Chargers get plumed in with the engine oil?
Old 02-27-2002, 12:41 PM

Originally posted by njmaxseltd
Super Chargers get plumed in with the engine oil?
YES
Old 02-27-2002, 01:33 PM

well...

Originally posted by max'n out

YES
I have an oil leak, so once I get it fixed, I will fill up with oil and see if it goes away. i called Vortech and they say if it persists, I have to send it in! Wanted to see if anyone else has experienced this!
Old 02-27-2002, 03:26 PM

Re: well...

I have an oil leak, so once I get it fixed, I will fill up with oil and see if it goes away. i called Vortech and they say if it persists, I have to send it in! Wanted to see if anyone else has experienced this!
Is the blower leaking oil, or is somthing else? If it's not the blower than vortech woun't do anything.
Old 02-27-2002, 06:46 PM

Re: SC Grinding noise...the sags continues

Deac
I used to hear a noise in my SC when my pressure would drop too about 30-32PSI, and when it would go to aobut 34-36 it would not make the noise, not sure if it was a grinding sound but one could hear it. Then when I placed the Walbro fuel pump and took away the stillen Aux pump, I have not heard the problem, and my PSI has been at 50PSI. Hope this helps.
Old 02-27-2002, 07:25 PM

Re: Re: SC Grinding noise...the sags continues

Originally posted by The New CLIMAX

I used to hear a noise in my SC when my pressure would drop too about 30-32PSI, and when it would go to aobut 34-36 it would not make the noise, not sure if it was a grinding sound but one could hear it. Then when I placed the Walbro fuel pump and took away the stillen Aux pump, I have not heard the problem, and my PSI has been at 50PSI. Hope this helps.
Yeah man...that sounds cool. Were'nt you supposed to get back to me about how to put that Walbro pump in? Its just sitting there now. I hope I have'nt wasted the money on that thing... You were supposed to talk to your mechanic about it. Let me know ASAP...thanx!

Deac