5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Why did I buy a f*****g nissan?

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2002, 12:44 AM

Re: Why did I buy a f*****g nissan?

Originally posted by nice95GLE
Yesterday I visited my local Nissan "a$$hole " dealership to spend 9 hours to get nowhere. I went in for a routine first check up (change oil, check Fluids etc.). If anyone remembers from an old post I stated my wife hit the car and the steering was off a little, so I told then to check that out to. But no I guess that was to advance for a$$holes to understand. After 9 hours back and forth with the "service advisor" aka "f*****g moron" he call to said my car was ready and everything was taken care of. When I got there and spoke to the f*****g moron he said I needed two new timing valves which will be in next week because it had to be ordered from California. I was like WTF the car is three months old, he stated that s**t happens (what ever!!!). I jump in my car start driving and notice the steering is still off, so I go back and said to the moron that the steering is not fixed. Why? He tells me that when the parts come in they will fix everything. So I proceeded to ask him why did it take 9 hours to tell me this bit of information. Do you know what this a$$hole tell me? "It's to late now to fix it anywhere and I should come back tomorrow because they had to many car to work on today and he can't help me. I stated that I took the day off of work to come here and I can't come back tomorrow. To make a long story short, the car is still not fixed and after my lease is up Nissan will never get my money again.

sounds like some idiot newbie mechanic went in there and broke the timing valves. then spent 9 hours trying to fix it, forgetting about your other issues. he couldn't figure it out so then they called you with that bs story at the end of the day.

find another dealership.
Old 03-02-2002, 01:18 PM

Originally posted by Rob'sAE
You know how I solved my dealership problems? I stopped going to them completely. I now take my AE to an Infinity dealership. The service department is a dream. I know that my next car is most definetly going to be either an Infinity for their service or a BMW for the car. You might want to look into taking it to an Infinity dealership and end all your troubles for good.
Nissan service dealers r real crappy. I took my car in to 2 different dealers concerning the TSB problem and both told me tat there was no such problem. As for Infinity dealers I'm sure their service is much better, but im sure it also reflects on their price. My mom had a Lexus and she would use to always take it to the dealer (Longo Lexus, Im sure a most of u So Cal people heard of it b4), the service people were extremely friendly, the lounge was great, and they had all kinds of drinks too . But everytime when she took it in it was always ~$200, espcially when her car got old and over 100K miles. I guess u get wat u pay for, and hopefully nissan does something bout there crappy *** service.
Old 03-02-2002, 01:45 PM

try this...

Some Nissan dealer's service departments suck. Period... But when u think u have it figured out, they change service managers and it all goes to hell or gets 500% better. Anywayz.... what I found helped me a lot is to find a service department with good mechanics (takes trial & error unfortunately) and then deal with only ONE service manager/asst. manager. If you don't like one, go to a different on the next time.. but the rule is to build a rapport with that service guy. Call to ask and see how your car's doing during the day... make sure s/he knows you.

won't solve all your problems, but it helped mine a lot. And if the service department did screw up, I had someone to go and say "yo, what's up with this?" No, you shouldn't HAVE to go through this, but unless you find some dealer that's just incredible -- or buy a luxury car where you pay a little more to have soy lattes served to you while you wait for your car, you gotta play the game. :/
Old 03-02-2002, 05:24 PM

damn, that sucks
Old 03-02-2002, 07:18 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Re: Why did I buy a f*****g nissan?

Yesterday I visited my local Nissan "a$$hole " dealership to spend 9 hours to get nowhere. I went in for a routine first check up (change oil, check Fluids etc.). If anyone remembers from an old post I stated my wife hit the car and the steering was off a little, so I told then to check that out to. But no I guess that was to advance for a$$holes to understand. After 9 hours back and forth with the "service advisor" aka "f*****g moron" he call to said my car was ready and everything was taken care of. When I got there and spoke to the f*****g moron he said I needed two new timing valves which will be in next week because it had to be ordered from California. I was like WTF the car is three months old, he stated that s**t happens (what ever!!!). I jump in my car start driving and notice the steering is still off, so I go back and said to the moron that the steering is not fixed. Why? He tells me that when the parts come in they will fix everything. So I proceeded to ask him why did it take 9 hours to tell me this bit of information. Do you know what this a$$hole tell me? "It's to late now to fix it anywhere and I should come back tomorrow because they had to many car to work on today and he can't help me. I stated that I took the day off of work to come here and I can't come back tomorrow. To make a long story short, the car is still not fixed and after my lease is up Nissan will never get my money again.

another reason to go Infiniti
Old 03-02-2002, 09:12 PM

When I first got my car they had to put in a new clutch, and that took forever and they said they would have the parts and then they said they didnt. If they say come back tomorrow to get it, plan on it being the next day. I have to get a SAS light checked out, I think its just a simple oil change, but I had some engine putter today and I don't know why. So lets see what happends now
Old 03-03-2002, 04:48 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I agree with you and I did take a prior problem to Nissan of North America and they took care of me nicely. But all this BS within a three-month timeframe is too much.
Well, that's amazing. The moron I talked to about my problems told me to "just take it to another shop." She said "we don't have anything to do with warranty work." Well, she needs to get a clue because Lemon Laws - at least in Florida - require the manufacturer to get the car fixed - not the dealer.

Yet - at the very same time she was quoting me b.s. about why they could do nothing, she was spewing "Nissan policy" that they didn't accept any kind of testing (i.e. dyno) done by independent parties as evidence of a problem.

The double talk that I've gotten has really been amazing. And it has certainly affected my opinion of Nissan for the worse.