5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Stillen/Vortech Supercharger Gaurantee

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2002, 01:38 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Stillen/Vortech Supercharger Gaurantee

Mine is deffective! It makes a grinding sound and it screeches like it would'nt believe! For those of you who remember all of the trouble I've been having with it, you know that I've been having trouble from jump and have not really been able to enjoy my SC! From fuel pressure, to vaccum leaks, to oil pressure problems and now I've got all of that fixed, the ?@#*& SC goes!
I still get boost and the car runs ok but its probably just a matter of time before the SC goes. It sounds like it has a bad bearing.
For those of you who have had, or know someone who has had similar problems with their SC and went to Vortech for them to honor the warranty, how are they about it? Will they give me a hard time? I've only had the SC for about 5 months. I hope they can just repair it and send it back to me so I can finally enjoy my investment, problem free! Holla...

Deac
Old 03-22-2002, 02:03 PM
Fastest Fantasy Maxima Evar

Re: Stillen/Vortech Supercharger Gaurantee

Originally posted by Deac
Mine is deffective! It makes a grinding sound and it screeches like it would'nt believe! For those of you who remember all of the trouble I've been having with it, you know that I've been having trouble from jump and have not really been able to enjoy my SC! From fuel pressure, to vaccum leaks, to oil pressure problems and now I've got all of that fixed, the ?@#*& SC goes!
I still get boost and the car runs ok but its probably just a matter of time before the SC goes. It sounds like it has a bad bearing.
For those of you who have had, or know someone who has had similar problems with their SC and went to Vortech for them to honor the warranty, how are they about it? Will they give me a hard time? I've only had the SC for about 5 months. I hope they can just repair it and send it back to me so I can finally enjoy my investment, problem free! Holla...

Deac
Deac,

I'm thinking the SC was "starved" oil and now your SC is screwed.

I'm wondering if ALL your problems aren't from having a bad installation. I think you had a mechanic install it, so wouldn't HE be the one to blame for leaks, oil/fuel pressure problems, and now the SC? Just because he's a mechanic doesn't mean he's a good one.

This is EXACTLY why I must be able to install and maintain my SC or else I just won't have one. I've read about your problems and others and FEAR being helplessly dependent on a mechanic to fix small to large problems. The costs must be adding up fast!

Good Luck!
Old 03-22-2002, 02:30 PM

Re: Re: Stillen/Vortech Supercharger Gaurantee

This is EXACTLY why I must be able to install and maintain my SC or else I just won't have one. I've read about your problems and others and FEAR being helplessly dependent on a mechanic to fix small to large problems. The costs must be adding up fast!

Good Luck! [/B][/QUOTE]

It was getting enough oil, and we checked to make sure it was mounted correctly and everything was fine! Believe me I checked with a bunch of different performance shops and the problem could have been a bunch of different things. No one will open up the SC of course though. The only thing that could have caused a problem could have been the oil pressure and that was adjusted a while ago! I'm just hoping Vortech will repair it with no hassle and honor their warranty.
Old 03-22-2002, 03:02 PM

Re: Re: Re: Stillen/Vortech Supercharger Gaurantee

Good Luck!
It was getting enough oil, and we checked to make sure it was mounted correctly and everything was fine! Believe me I checked with a bunch of different performance shops and the problem could have been a bunch of different things. No one will open up the SC of course though. The only thing that could have caused a problem could have been the oil pressure and that was adjusted a while ago! I'm just hoping Vortech will repair it with no hassle and honor their warranty. [/B][/QUOTE]

I don't think they should give you a hard time if not they can just rebuild it and I hear its not that expensive. Let us know what they say.
Old 03-22-2002, 03:02 PM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

Check my reply in the Gen forum.
Old 03-22-2002, 04:12 PM
Fastest Fantasy Maxima Evar

Re: Re: Re: Re: Stillen/Vortech Supercharger Gaurantee

Originally posted by The New CLIMAX

It was getting enough oil, and we checked to make sure it was mounted correctly and everything was fine! Believe me I checked with a bunch of different performance shops and the problem could have been a bunch of different things. No one will open up the SC of course though. The only thing that could have caused a problem could have been the oil pressure and that was adjusted a while ago! I'm just hoping Vortech will repair it with no hassle and honor their warranty.
I don't think they should give you a hard time if not they can just rebuild it and I hear its not that expensive. Let us know what they say. [/B][/QUOTE]

Good idea!

When they rebuild it, he might be able to get different compressor "spindles" to push more boost efficently.

Kev, maybe you should trade him.
Old 03-22-2002, 06:19 PM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Stillen/Vortech Supercharger Gaurantee

Originally posted by IceY2K1

Good idea!

When they rebuild it, he might be able to get different compressor "spindles" to push more boost efficently.

Kev, maybe you should trade him.
Yup, they can change the impeller for you (i.e. for i30krab).

Trade?!?! My SC's working.
Old 03-23-2002, 05:48 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Stillen/Vortech Supercharger Gaurantee

Originally posted by Y2KevSE

Yup, they can change the impeller for you (i.e. for i30krab).

Trade?!?! My SC's working.

Hmmm maybe I'll mention that to them when I send it back...Do they make some kind up upgrade for it? Spindles and impeller-ma-bobs?
Old 03-23-2002, 11:52 AM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Stillen/Vortech Supercharger Gaurantee

Hmmm maybe I'll mention that to them when I send it back...Do they make some kind up upgrade for it? Spindles and impeller-ma-bobs?
Changing the impeller will give you more boost (as stated by i30krab). So you are basically swapping to a smaller pulley without having to swap pulleys.
Old 03-23-2002, 12:45 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Re: Stillen/Vortech Supercharger Gaurantee

Deac
i think Stillen offer 1 year warranty on Superchargers..