5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Biggest Crap you have heard????

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2002, 06:14 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Biggest Crap you have heard????

Sales Manager, Hoover AL, haggling over the price after a test drive in a 6-speed Max told my wife and I that the automatic would be at least one grand more. I told him that we had been looking at Maximas for two months and that manual and automatic are the same price. He got angry and told me I was crazy. I asked him to show me on paper and he sent me back out on the lot with the salesman, who was instructed to show me on the sticker sheet. The salesman made an idiot out of himself trying to copy numbers down from a car, then trying to find a comparable automatic. After they acknowledged I was correct, another salesmanager took over and sent me out the door to shop a price I had already beat by $1500. I told him so and walked. We pick up our loaded Grey Luster Max SE tomorrow afternoon!
Old 03-30-2002, 09:00 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: Biggest Crap you have heard????

All from my recent dealings with Nissan over the past 2 months regarding my power loss problem. There are MANY MORE. These are in no particular order.

1. When complaining about my variable intake problem and power loss, the service manager told me that Nissan would not accept my dynos as evidence of the power loss problem (showing a loss of 35hp). Instead, the service tech was to drive my car and see if he noticed any power loss. After the service tech drove my car they told me nothing was wrong with my car.

2. After a comparison test drive that I set up with another 5spd - and in which my car was 1 car length behind from a 4500-5750 rpm roll in 3rd gear: telling me it was vehicle difference and that Nissan wouldn't accept my dynos as evidence of a problem.

2.5 Refusing my offer to take my vehicle and any other 5spd they could find to a dyno of their choice.

3. After the comparison test, the service manager told me to call Nissan of North America. I did. The customer service rep told me they don't have anything to do with the warranty - it is between me and the dealer - and I should just take it somewhere else.
Me: So, Nissan doesn't provide the warranty?
Her: That's correct sir.
Me: You are kidding right?
Her: Sir, you'll just have to take it to another dealer.
Me: Are you aware that lemon law requires that I notify Nissan when a dealer fails to fix a problem and then YOU either get it fixed or I sue YOU."
Her: "I'm terminating this conversation sir."

4. Her supervisor continually failing to return my phone calls.

5. After numerous threats by me - Nissan telling me they were not going to replace my variable intake under warranty but - - - - GET THIS - - - - they were replacing it as a matter of goodwill.
Old 03-30-2002, 10:15 AM

HolY Crap!!!!

That sucks! Gee...please hope nothing happens to my car, I'm not good at threatening dealerships....

*Sigh* Nothing like bad service....
Old 03-31-2002, 09:32 AM

When I first started looking into getting a Max, I wasn't sure on if I wanted a new Max or a new Alty. I went down to Courtesy Nissan, and of course they get me in a Maxima first to try and get me interested in the more expensive car... well the salesman drove it off the lot with it to take it to a parking lot so we could change seats and let me drive. As he was pulling out of the parking lot, he mentioned that the Maxima had a "much more powerful and smoother engine than the Altima".

This was the day after I read the thread about how all the parts on the two engines had identical parts numbers.
Old 04-11-2002, 02:34 PM
Maxima06071

Originally posted by Howdy's Max
Sales Manager, Hoover AL, haggling over the price after a test drive in a 6-speed Max told my wife and I that the automatic would be at least one grand more. I told him that we had been looking at Maximas for two months and that manual and automatic are the same price. He got angry and told me I was crazy. I asked him to show me on paper and he sent me back out on the lot with the salesman, who was instructed to show me on the sticker sheet. The salesman made an idiot out of himself trying to copy numbers down from a car, then trying to find a comparable automatic. After they acknowledged I was correct, another salesmanager took over and sent me out the door to shop a price I had already beat by $1500. I told him so and walked. We pick up our loaded Grey Luster Max SE tomorrow afternoon!
Dude you live near Hoover, I live in Birmingham actually closer to Chelsea. Cool, isn't nice how the Police never do their job here?

Old 04-11-2002, 02:55 PM
The Definitive AE Master

Nov. 2000:
Just finished negotiating with the dealer and signed all the paperwork. I'm standing outside while the dealer drives my new 01 SE to get a full tank of gas. He cuts the corner too sharply, right rear rim scratches against the curb, then the tires, then the whole right rear tire goes up onto the curb and drops back down with a thud. After much threatening, salesman agrees to replace it.

April 2002
I park and walk into the dealership. One guy walks over from his little salesman group huddled in front of the showroom.
Sales: Hi, can I help you?
Me: I'm looking for a new 2002 6spd Maxima
Sales: We don't any 6spd Maximas, Thank you (turns around and walks back to light his cigarette with buddies)
Me:
Old 04-11-2002, 04:51 PM

Originally posted by 2K2Robin
My favorite dealership BS???

When I knew EXACTLY which car I wanted, but not what color. I called a few dealers to find out who had stock.

ME: Hi, How many 2002 GLE's do you have on the lot?

Stevens Creek Nissan: Oh, we've got 30! Come see me, I'm so and so...

Next morning after a 45 minute drive,

ME: Hi so and so, I talked to you yesteday evening. I came to buy a 2002 GLE.

So and so: Oh, let's see... I think we have, yes, come with me. (Two blocks later in a back corner of the lot) Oh, here it is! (One car)

ME: No, GLE and GXE are not the same car. No, I don't want an Altima. No, a 2001 is not what I wanted. No, they AREN'T exactly alike.

ME (now in the middle of the showroom): YOU DON'T HAVE TO LIE TO SELL CARS! (walks off lot)

Sheesh!
Those guys are the worst in the area!

Here' only one example:
The sales person wanted to show me how well the cars are built so he proceeded to fling the door open. It (the door) would bounce back after full extension and shut. Needless to say I walked out of that dealership.
Old 04-12-2002, 12:12 AM

Those guys are the worst in the area!

Here' only one example:
The sales person wanted to show me how well the cars are built so he proceeded to fling the door open. It (the door) would bounce back after full extension and shut. Needless to say I walked out of that dealership. [/B][/QUOTE]

Old 04-12-2002, 12:37 AM

so...if it wasnt a quality constructed car....was the door supposed to fall off??...or....uhh....yea....
Old 04-12-2002, 02:40 AM
Former Sponsor

I duno dude... I was goin to check out a used 95 Maxima SE and I was on the phone with the guy and hes like
HIm- Its a great car!!
me- I know I drive a Maxima
Him- this one is ALOT nicer than yours (wtf he didnt know WHAT kinda max I had)
Me- Oh Really??? We'll see about that
Him- Yes you will

so I went down to the dealer, his jaw dropped when he saw my car, and I saw the car... decent condition pebble beige SE auto with repainted bumpers... cigarette burns on the interior... 140K miles

Me- This car is a Piece of shlt next to my car
Him- *silence* (walks around my car)
- well I see you have the standard transmission
Me- I wouldnt have it any other way
Him- well we usually sell standard Maximas for $2000 less than autos blah blah blah

and I get the usual shiet from dealers Ford dealers telling me that the Countour will blw my max out of the water, Chevy dealers telling me their Impala SS is superchargered...

but Nissan Dealers still astound me with their stupidity... on numerous accounts... they dont know crap about their own cars
Old 04-12-2002, 04:36 AM
Minister of Silly Walks

right after the 5th gens came out, I went to the local dealer to check one out. This was Dyas NIssan in Auburn, AL if you care. Anyway, just for fun , I asked the salesman what all the new features were. He got most of the right until he mentioned that now they had 4wheel disc brakes. i said I thought they had had 4 wheel discs for a long time. Nope, hesaid, it was a new feature. So I pinted to a 4th gen SE on the next row and said, "But this one has them." He came over and looked and said, "No, those rear brakes are drum brakes."

This is while we are both staring at the rear brakes of a 99SE...

...what a mope.
Old 04-12-2002, 05:10 AM

Originally posted by mzmtg
right after the 5th gens came out, I went to the local dealer to check one out. This was Dyas NIssan in Auburn, AL if you care. Anyway, just for fun , I asked the salesman what all the new features were. He got most of the right until he mentioned that now they had 4wheel disc brakes. i said I thought they had had 4 wheel discs for a long time. Nope, hesaid, it was a new feature. So I pinted to a 4th gen SE on the next row and said, "But this one has them." He came over and looked and said, "No, those rear brakes are drum brakes."

This is while we are both staring at the rear brakes of a 99SE...

...what a mope.
LoL

...and I thought my dealer was bad when she didn't notice that 2001s came with steering wheel secondary radio controls and 2000s didn't.
Old 04-12-2002, 05:29 AM
Member who somehow became The President of The SE-L Club

Infiniti dealer looking at my buddies car because it was towed in. (No start condition) The dealer calls him up and says, "That Air Filter you have in there is causing all your problems (K&N) Thats why your crank sensor failed"

GIVE ME A BREAK!

Better yet, when he got the car back, the air box wasn't even clipped shut!