5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

What's your opinion?

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2002, 10:44 AM

What's your opinion?

So far i have an waepon-r intake and obx muffler with h&r springs and a courtesy fstb. My ninja body kit is in the mail. Now, my max only has 21k so I was thinking at 30k i will get new struts, rims, and tires. However, everyone that I have been speakin with syas to get a y-pipe. I was planning to get a carbon fiber dash kit and new shift know...which will probably cast the same if i decided to just get a y-pipe. If i decided to get the y-pipe then i plan to hold off on putting on the kit till i put on the y-pipe....which will be touhg because i have been waiting for months to gather enough money for this bad boy!! what do you guys think...y-pipe or dash kit and shift ****?
Old 03-27-2002, 10:47 AM
I'm needing a caw

Your grammar is terrible. That's my opinion. If you don't ususally post on message boards, here is a tip. Bad grammer in posts really makes you look uneducated. Just a thought.
Old 03-27-2002, 10:52 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by Jeff92se
Your grammar is terrible. That's my opinion. If you don't ususally post on message boards, here is a tip. Bad grammer in posts really makes you look uneducated. Just a thought.
Agreed. But at least NavySE is able to make himself understood, which is more than some people around here are capable of accomplishing (incuding a few with a better-than-average grasp of proper vocabulary and syntax).

The Y-pipe is the correct answer to your question, NavySE.
Old 03-27-2002, 10:58 AM

Sorry about the bad grammer, I did not proof read my post. However, do not even begin to make assumptions about my education. Your sarcasm is unappreciated. I just wanted some advice from people that are more familiar with modifications. I will be more careful next time.
Old 03-27-2002, 11:07 AM
I'm needing a caw

"It makes you LOOK uneducated" not it makes you uneducated. I just suggested that you type to the level of your intelligence. There was no sarcasm intended or implied.

Originally posted by NavySE

Sorry about the bad grammer, I did not proof read my post. However, do not even begin to make assumptions about my education. Your sarcasm is unappreciated. I just wanted some advice from people that are more familiar with modifications. I will be more careful next time.
Old 03-27-2002, 11:10 AM

Can we get back to the topic now?

PS: FYI, NavySE, it's not considered good form to argue with a Moderator.
Old 03-27-2002, 11:18 AM

"It makes you LOOK uneducated" not it makes you uneducated. I just suggested that you type to the level of your intelligence. There was no sarcasm intended or implied.

Now I understand. My ability to type well reflects my intelligence. So obviously my typing reflects the fact that I scored a 1420 on the SAT with a 700 on the verbal section. It most definetly reflects the fact that I graduated college *** Laude and am now an Ensign in the United States Navy. What it probably reflects is the fact that I felt that I was talking amongst friends and could slide on the use of proper grammar. Reading the post over I see the various mistakes I made, and I apologize for them. I will try to be more careful next time. By the way, what is your opinion to the actual content of my post, y-pipe or dash kit?
Old 03-27-2002, 11:22 AM
I'm needing a caw

I favor performance over cosmetic mods so I have to suggest the Y pipe. I'm not 100% on who offers them for the 5th gen. If you have the new 3.5 VQ, you might have a hard time. If you have the 3.0 VQ, I suggest the Warspeed/Cattman pipes. Contact both or search for their website for more information, pics and prices. Good luck.

Nice to chat with someone in the military. We are all proud of you guys!

Now I understand. My ability to type well reflects my intelligence. So obviously my typing reflects the fact that I scored a 1420 on the SAT with a 700 on the verbal section. It most definetly reflects the fact that I graduated college *** Laude and am now an Ensign in the United States Navy. What it probably reflects is the fact that I felt that I was talking amongst friends and could slide on the use of proper grammar. Reading the post over I see the various mistakes I made, and I apologize for them. I will try to be more careful next time. By the way, what is your opinion to the actual content of my post, y-pipe or dash kit?
Old 03-27-2002, 11:25 AM

I'm favor performance over cosmetic mods so I have to suggest the Y pipe. I'm not 100% on who offers them for the 5th gen. If you have the new 3.5 VQ, you might have a hard time. If you have the 3.0 VQ, I suggest the Warspeed/Cattman pipes. Contact both or search for their website for more information, pics and prices. Good luck.

Nice to chat with someone in the military. We are all proud of you guys!

Thanks alot!!! I really am sorry for the bad post though and appreciate your input. I really do love this website!!
Old 03-27-2002, 11:28 AM
I'm needing a caw

Crap! You quoted my reply before I had a chance to fix my own crappy grammar! haha!

Thanks alot!!! I really am sorry for the bad post though and appreciate your input. I really do love this website!!
Old 03-27-2002, 11:41 AM
TCm

Odd trend

Crap! You quoted my reply before I had a chance to fix my own crappy grammar! haha!
I've noticed an odd trend with this forum. It starts with an innocent-enough post, then a misunderstanding, then retaliation, followed by final comments which then brings us to lighthearted friendship banter!

Old 03-27-2002, 11:52 AM
I'm needing a caw

Re: Odd trend

It's a good trend. Especially when two people that don't know each other at all are able to resolve differences so quickly. It shows that both parties can see the other side and are generally intelligent. In this case, he's all over me in the education department

Originally posted by TCm

I've noticed an odd trend with this forum. It starts with an innocent-enough post, then a misunderstanding, then retaliation, followed by final comments which then brings us to lighthearted friendship banter!

Old 03-27-2002, 12:04 PM

You guys are too much, but I definetly agree.
Old 03-27-2002, 12:06 PM

By the way, I think I am going to order the Cattman y-pipe so thanks for the input. I will let you guys know how it goes.
Old 03-27-2002, 12:17 PM

Its all warm and fuzzy in here now!

NavySE~ I would go with the y-pipe first.

jeff92se~ please check the last line of your sig.
Old 03-27-2002, 12:18 PM

By the way, I think I am going to order the Cattman y-pipe so thanks for the input. I will let you guys know how it goes.
You won't be disappointed . . . er, dissapointed . . . er, disapoinnted, er . . .
Old 03-27-2002, 12:22 PM
I'm needing a caw

haha

Originally posted by jay_x
Its all warm and fuzzy in here now!

NavySE~ I would go with the y-pipe first.

jeff92se~ please check the last line of your sig.
Old 03-27-2002, 12:23 PM

just adding my opinion

in case you still havent made your decision i say go with the y-pipe, hands down.
Old 03-27-2002, 12:24 PM

Cattman was actually out of stock, so I just spoke to a sales rep. at Stillen and he sold me the y-pipe for $350. Even though it is listed on the site as $395, he said that when people call they try to hook them up. I should be getting it early next week. Thanks for the advice!!
Old 03-27-2002, 12:30 PM
TCm

Cattman was actually out of stock, so I just spoke to a sales rep. at Stillen and he sold me the y-pipe for $350. Even though it is listed on the site as $395, he said that when people call they try to hook them up. I should be getting it early next week. Thanks for the advice!!
I've read some bad things about the Stillen Y-Pipe. I don't know if the issues have been resolved or not.

The things I'm referring to is that someone was talking about a "Bees in a Can" noise and I think someone else was talking about rust or something?

Anyone remember that discussion?
Old 03-27-2002, 12:40 PM

Originally posted by TCm

I've read some bad things about the Stillen Y-Pipe. I don't know if the issues have been resolved or not.

The things I'm referring to is that someone was talking about a "Bees in a Can" noise and I think someone else was talking about rust or something?

Anyone remember that discussion?
Yes, I do actually. The problem with the Stillen Y-pipe is that it's constructed of aluminized steel instead of stainless steel. So it's more susceptible to rust. That may or may not be a problem depending upon where you live.

I don't know if some Y-pipes are more susceptible to the "bees in a can" sound than others, but I don't have that sound with my Cattman Y-pipe . . . just a slight "hissing" sound when I accelerate under load.
Old 03-27-2002, 04:25 PM
Boost.....

Yall dont worry about it...........Jeff is just a Purchasing *****.

J/K Jeff.

Love ya man
Old 03-27-2002, 04:30 PM
I'm needing a caw

Note: My maf works

Originally posted by Padsy 02 6sp
Yall dont worry about it...........Jeff is just a Purchasing *****.
J/K Jeff.
Love ya man