5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

That damn middle console.

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2002, 04:22 PM

That damn middle console.

Ok, this is probably an incredibly idiotic question, but how do you get to the top storage compartment of the middle console, the compartment under the adjustable raising armrest. I can see that there is a dual-storage compartment and that there is a "cord hole" for the top part, but I can't figure out how to open it up. Someone please help, thanks.
Old 04-04-2002, 04:26 PM
lcf

Re: That damn middle console.

Originally posted by SportyMax2002
Ok, this is probably an incredibly idiotic question, but how do you get to the top storage compartment of the middle console, the compartment under the adjustable raising armrest. I can see that there is a dual-storage compartment and that there is a "cord hole" for the top part, but I can't figure out how to open it up. Someone please help, thanks.
if youre referring to the mini space thats inside the "lid" for the main compartment...
just pull it up. its hinged in the back.

its a cool place to hide your stash.

Old 04-04-2002, 04:31 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

ICF, we think alot alike, my stash is there as we speak
Old 04-04-2002, 05:14 PM

hehe im thinkin like both of yall
Old 04-05-2002, 12:40 AM

Hey, Kam? You wanna take this one?

ADMAN
Old 04-05-2002, 08:17 AM

well I feel like an idiot. I've had my 2K2 SE for 3 months now and I didn't even know there was a smaller console on top (although I always thought there should be one there). Has anyone pulled out the cupholders in the back? It looks like something else is supposed to come out as well. Dunno, just curious ;-)
Old 04-05-2002, 08:19 AM
You're Faster, I'm Better

Originally posted by djPlayboy
hehe im thinkin like both of yall

I like the little "door" that is under/behind the steering wheel. Look at the bottom of your steering wheel towards the back and you will see a pop off "door". It's great at hiding all of the things that you don't want found. (like a stash of cash)
Old 04-05-2002, 08:22 AM

Originally posted by SportyMax2002
It's either "yank, you jerk" or "jerk, you yank".
Old 04-05-2002, 08:24 AM
lcf

Originally posted by Rob'sAE

I like the little "door" that is under/behind the steering wheel. Look at the bottom of your steering wheel towards the back and you will see a pop off "door". It's great at hiding all of the things that you don't want found. (like a stash of cash)
nah, i didnt know that was there! what i do is always put a little extra money in the top of the middle console, just-in-case-money for whenever i might need it... for cigs, whatever. mostly dollar bills though, for the soda machines... and oh, dont forget condoms.

Old 04-05-2002, 08:45 AM

Anyone else find the raisable feature on the armrest annoying? I accidently bump the button on occassion, usually when going thru a toll or something. I go to reach for the shifter **** and there is this huge, high armrest right in the way. I doubt too many people use that feature anyway. I would be happier with the extra $50 or so for this feature going toward better stock tires!
Old 04-05-2002, 08:52 AM
jjs

I agree...

Gotta think a whole lot more auto trans drivers use this feature!

It creates a very awkward postion if you have to shift...I have only used it maybe 5 times in the whole past year and those times were only on longer highway trips...
Old 04-05-2002, 09:35 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: I disagree...

I think its kinda comfortable when u lean on it while holding the phone, or your head up while falling asleep!
Old 04-05-2002, 10:10 AM
jjs

Ah, yes...

2 things all drivers should be doing....
Old 04-05-2002, 10:59 AM

Originally posted by carguyrob
Anyone else find the raisable feature on the armrest annoying? I accidently bump the button on occassion, usually when going thru a toll or something. I go to reach for the shifter **** and there is this huge, high armrest right in the way. I doubt too many people use that feature anyway. I would be happier with the extra $50 or so for this feature going toward better stock tires!
Yeah, I don't know what they were thinking by putting the button in a place that is bumped by the elbow, especially if you have manual tranny. I still raise it by accident at least a couple of times a day.

I wish there was a way to disable that feature.
Old 04-05-2002, 02:56 PM
You're Faster, I'm Better

Originally posted by alembicf1x

Yeah, I don't know what they were thinking by putting the button in a place that is bumped by the elbow, especially if you have manual tranny. I still raise it by accident at least a couple of times a day.

I wish there was a way to disable that feature.
put a drop of super glue in the crevis of the button to prevent it from being depressed....
Old 04-05-2002, 03:14 PM

Re: Re: That damn middle console.

Originally posted by wdave
It's either "yank, you jerk" or "jerk, you yank".
Ewwwww...

ADMAN
Old 04-05-2002, 06:37 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by russrtw
well I feel like an idiot. I've had my 2K2 SE for 3 months now and I didn't even know there was a smaller console on top (although I always thought there should be one there). Has anyone pulled out the cupholders in the back? It looks like something else is supposed to come out as well. Dunno, just curious ;-)

LOL..I thought I was the only one....but I discovered mine after I accidently opened the service manager's in his loaner 2k2......
then I found it on mine!!!

it's not listed as a feature....that's my excuse and i am stickin with it!!
Old 04-05-2002, 08:20 PM

Originally posted by russrtw
Yea, it's news to me also but I have only had mine a month...hum will have to look closer at things I gues if I can get it away from the lil woman.

l8tr -- SS
Old 04-05-2002, 10:34 PM

I'm so jelous of all of you that have 2k2, I wish I had one, I sell nissans right now, I got a job there so it's fun to test drive them with people, I get to tell them about the org and such.

about that armrest and how it lifts, I find that a lot of people actually like that feature, when it's down most people find that it's too low.

and about that little compartment, yeah, just pull up on it and it'll open up, I was fighting with it also when I just started working and I thought I have to press something, but you don't

Vinipux

p.s. if you're looking to get a maxima (or any nissan) and you're in the mass area let me know, I can hook you up