5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Good Service in NJ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2002, 06:50 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Good Service in NJ?

Any of you Maxima owners in New Jersey know a good dealer with some good service and cool service managers?

I bought mine at Rt. 22, they're alright, but not great.When a worker is playing with a remote control car instead of servicing my car, I see something wrong, He just got lucky I had my R/c car in the trunk and we both ran them, he then gave me free service after.
Old 04-05-2002, 08:35 AM

Re: Good Service in NJ?

Originally posted by GuZo
Any of you Maxima owners in New Jersey know a good dealer with some good service and cool service managers?

I bought mine at Rt. 22, they're alright, but not great.When a worker is playing with a remote control car instead of servicing my car, I see something wrong, He just got lucky I had my R/c car in the trunk and we both ran them, he then gave me free service after.
Hey, that's where I bought my car. I've been through wars with them. The Service Manager is a d!ck and the rest of them are ok. I haven't tried anywhere else yet so I cant point you to another dealership. Try the NE forum.
Old 04-05-2002, 08:40 AM

Re: Re: Good Service in NJ?

Originally posted by NuJerseyDrive

Hey, that's where I bought my car. I've been through wars with them. The Service Manager is a d!ck and the rest of them are ok. I haven't tried anywhere else yet so I cant point you to another dealership. Try the NE forum.
Rt. 22 SUCKS... I was fed up with a sales person there when he had to constantly look up options for the Maxima when I was asking... I think he should know them off hand anyways. I ended up negotiating for 2 hours (I had better things to do, but I figured, what the hell...) and then said I didn't want it... well, to say the least, he wasn't happy... bright red is the color I would use to describe his face. Anyways.. more horror stories... my friend bought his car there... everytime he goes in for service... dingCount = dingCount+1. Its not a good place to go... I like Sansone on Rt. 1... they treat you with respect... and are at least honest when talking to you. Try them.. you'll probbably get the "WOW!" experience they advertise.
Old 04-05-2002, 08:57 AM

Flemington

It's been years (89) but I used to go to Flemington Nissan. They were pretty good but I only used them a couple of times. Hope this helps.
Old 04-05-2002, 10:07 AM

Hey I dont know if this helps... but if you want friendly service in new jersey, GET OUT OF NORTH JERSEY!!! Come on down here to south jersey to Turnersville Nissan, or Woodbury Nissan. Both are small super friendly dealerships.

AuxNuke
Old 04-05-2002, 10:53 AM

How about Lynnes Nissan?Anyone know how they are?
Old 04-08-2002, 09:13 AM

Re: Re: Good Service in NJ?

Originally posted by NuJerseyDrive

Same here these people should close up shop. Sales manager had no clue, I wanted se model with Bose,and Sunroof option. He said it did not exist. Told him I drove a couple from previuos dealerships. He argued that it did'nt exist. Finally came back and said I have one in the back. Also had hood damage plus paint chip issues. Service manager said he would have to paint the whole hood to fix, had to get sales manager approval. He fought me tooth and nail. So much for customer statisfaction. I got a great deal on purchase, however go somewhere else these guys su#k. They did repaint hood. After much hassle.
Old 04-08-2002, 09:15 AM

Re: Re: Re: Good Service in NJ?

Originally posted by CJLax

Same here these people should close up shop. Sales manager had no clue, I wanted se model with Bose,and Sunroof option. He said it did not exist. Told him I drove a couple from previuos dealerships. He argued that it did'nt exist. Finally came back and said I have one in the back. Also had hood damage plus paint chip issues. Service manager said he would have to paint the whole hood to fix, had to get sales manager approval. He fought me tooth and nail. So much for customer statisfaction. I got a great deal on purchase, however go somewhere else these guys su#k. They did repaint hood. After much hassle.
Route 22 that is
Old 04-08-2002, 05:59 PM

Re: Flemington

Originally posted by ajahearn
It's been years (89) but I used to go to Flemington Nissan. They were pretty good but I only used them a couple of times. Hope this helps.
Yes Flemington is where I go for service. They are pretty good there. For directions go to www.flemington.com and go to the Nissan part.
Old 04-08-2002, 06:47 PM

Re: Flemington

I like Flemington service too. I bought my '93 there when I lived in the area. I liked the service so much I continued to use it even after I moved North.

Their Sales Dept., on the other hand, has changed for the worse, IMO. Their sales tactics both in '98 and this last month reminded me of the Rt. 22 dealerships. Sometimes the highway crud flows Southwest, I guess.
Old 04-08-2002, 06:49 PM

Re: Re: Flemington

Originally posted by dmarion

Their Sales Dept., on the other hand, has changed for the worse, IMO. Their sales tactics both in '98 and this last month reminded me of the Rt. 22 dealerships. Sometimes the highway crud flows Southwest, I guess.
I like their sales guys at Nissan. We know one guy there and he is awesome.
Old 05-08-2002, 09:29 AM

Re: Good Service in NJ?

Classic Nissan, Route 38, Mt. Holly
Old 05-08-2002, 11:32 AM

classic nissan, thats where i bought my 2k2 se.
decent place, i went to turnersville also to look for my new car, the guy at turnersville didnt even know how to put the 6sp into reverse...i had to look it up in the owners manual for him. (my first time looking at the 6sp)
service seemed pretty good at classic. got a really good price too. 23k for se w/ a few options...sunroof and splash guards and 1 other thing i forget (wasnt that huge i guess =P) but a good price nonetheless.
Old 05-08-2002, 12:17 PM

Route 22 Nissan

hey how's it going guyz..i actually baught my 2k2 maxima from them as well, they gave me a great deal on it, but i was wondering, does anyone know if they bother you about mods???? like in refernce to the warranty...........k thankz....
Old 05-08-2002, 04:13 PM

classic nissan in mt holly is where i go. good service usually prompt. no probs with them as of yet. i guess i better take the frankencar off before i go back in for service
Old 05-09-2002, 12:01 PM

theyre all diks about mods
well ..yeah. no offense to anyone who would take offense.
Old 05-09-2002, 12:55 PM
Member who somehow became The President of The SE-L Club

How about Lynnes Nissan?Anyone know how they are?
I've heard good things about Lynns Nissan.

I baught my car at Ramsey Nissan on Rt 17. The service manager is a D!CK, but I really can't complain about the actual service I've got from them. I always got the car back clean and fixed correctly the first time.

I've had the transmission control unit replaced - Warranty
Rattel in the Air bag fixed - Warranty, fixed as a walk in too.
Brakes turned 2X - Paid for that service, they would not warranty it after the first year. Rotors are 1 year 12K, after that they are considered a normal ware item. (I buy that.)

Always got a next day appointment and had my car back by noon.
They never say anything about my mods. Actually got a compliment on the car once from the service tech.
Old 05-09-2002, 02:13 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: Re: Re: Good Service in NJ?

Originally posted by ssp34

Rt. 22 SUCKS... I was fed up with a sales person there when he had to constantly look up options for the Maxima when I was asking... I think he should know them off hand anyways. I ended up negotiating for 2 hours (I had better things to do, but I figured, what the hell...) and then said I didn't want it... well, to say the least, he wasn't happy... bright red is the color I would use to describe his face. Anyways.. more horror stories... my friend bought his car there... everytime he goes in for service... dingCount = dingCount+1. Its not a good place to go... I like Sansone on Rt. 1... they treat you with respect... and are at least honest when talking to you. Try them.. you'll probbably get the "WOW!" experience they advertise.

You actually had good luck with Sansone. I took my car there 3 weeks after I got it and waited 4.5 hours for them to balance my tires and tell me there was nothing wrong with my passenger side door. The service manager was a complete a**hole and talked down to me. I refuse to return there. I get all my service done at Somerset Nissan now. there are extremely nice and compliant. Ive even had the service manager call me to make sure I was happy with the work. I reccomend people in the area to use them.