5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Berk Intake

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2002, 09:03 AM

Berk Intake

Hey fellow enthusiats, Berk's intake sale ends today and I wonder if Berk's intakes are as good as all the others for far less money. At $60 including shipping is a steal compared to Stillen, Franken, etc. What are your opinions?
Old 04-30-2002, 09:39 AM
Very sound, Mike

Re: Berk Intake

It's a good product.

Originally posted by blkturbo3
Hey fellow enthusiats, Berk's intake sale ends today and I wonder if Berk's intakes are as good as all the others for far less money. At $60 including shipping is a steal compared to Stillen, Franken, etc. What are your opinions?
Old 04-30-2002, 09:43 AM

Re: Berk Intake

Originally posted by blkturbo3
for $60, you get filter,adapter and bracket delivered to your door. for others,does it even have a bracket for support? some of us have the oscai tube to channel outside air to the filter area....got mine installed in 20 minutes, makes a cool whistling sound and happy with unit
Old 04-30-2002, 09:57 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: Re: Berk Intake

Originally posted by 2kseman

for $60, you get filter,adapter and bracket delivered to your door. for others,does it even have a bracket for support? some of us have the oscai tube to channel outside air to the filter area....got mine installed in 20 minutes, makes a cool whistling sound and happy with unit
Roger that!
Old 04-30-2002, 10:01 AM

Re: Re: Berk Intake

Originally posted by soundmike
It's a good product.

Some have purchased the Franken mid-pipe. For those lucky individuals, please help out with these two questions:

1. Does the mid-pipe come with the two rubber couplers?

2. Any advantages with having the mid section (power, noise)?
Old 04-30-2002, 10:21 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

BERK is the BEST value out there!!! GET IT!!
Old 04-30-2002, 10:27 AM
lcf

mine is on its way.
Old 04-30-2002, 10:55 AM
Very sound, Mike

Re: Re: Re: Berk Intake

Are you talking about the black rubber tubes on this page? If so, yes. I just painted mine though so don't be surprised why mine sparkles.

The mid-section seems to be the key component that keeps your low-end intact while giving you a nice growl. (based on user reviews, i haven't installed mine yet, I've been playing around with it lately.)

Originally posted by makeHerPurr

1. Does the mid-pipe come with the two rubber couplers?
2. Any advantages with having the mid section (power, noise)?
Old 04-30-2002, 11:26 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Berk Intake

Originally posted by soundmike
Are you talking about the black rubber tubes on this page? If so, yes. I just painted mine though so don't be surprised why mine sparkles.

The mid-section seems to be the key component that keeps your low-end intact while giving you a nice growl. (based on user reviews, i haven't installed mine yet, I've been playing around with it lately.)

Sorry, let me be clear. I have the Berk intake and want to purchase the mid-pipe section from Franken. Will I get the rubber couplers with the mid-pipe (I suppose the question should be directed to Steve?).
Old 04-30-2002, 12:01 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by Maximam
BERK is the BEST value out there!!! GET IT!!
Agreed!
Old 04-30-2002, 08:03 PM

Get the Berk!
Old 04-30-2002, 09:31 PM

Originally posted by Highlander
Get the Berk!
I got the Stillen Intake, but she burns a lot of gas and am selling it. Anyone interested? used it only for 2 days.
Old 05-01-2002, 08:12 AM

Originally posted by Deven2kStickMax

I got the Stillen Intake, but she burns a lot of gas and am selling it. Anyone interested? used it only for 2 days.
I don't think your intake burns mores gas, you do. anything that makes the engine more free flowing will lead to better gas mileage. but after you mod a car, it usually brings out the boy racer in all of us. i had three weeks of horrible gas mileage after i put on my berk cuz i was racing everywhere to hear and feel the difference. now, i'm accustomed and my gas mileage is higher than before. don't rush to judgement too soon. you might regret it.
Old 05-01-2002, 11:03 AM
IMBOUTTOBUSTSOMEGHOSTS

makeHerPurr

i just installed my berk with the frakencar intake mid section. you get everything from steve that you need and he is very quick to ship. you get the rubber couplers, brackets and new clamps. i feel no loss low end and only gains high end. the sound is almost addicting.
Old 05-01-2002, 11:06 AM

Re: makeHerPurr

Originally posted by sloppymax
i just installed my berk with the frakencar intake mid section. you get everything from steve that you need and he is very quick to ship. you get the rubber couplers, brackets and new clamps. i feel no loss low end and only gains high end. the sound is almost addicting.
How much is the midsection from franken? Do you mean I will lose low end power without it?
Old 05-01-2002, 11:11 AM
lcf

berk is coming out with a midpipe very soon.

discount for berk customers too!

dont buy one hastily.

Old 05-01-2002, 11:16 AM

ironlord you may me correct, but we are talking about a 5 speed and i usually shift at high rpms to satisfy each gear. i noticed my gas was getting lower than stock even in one day. This intake sucks a lot of air making my stock muffler very loud especially when i'm pushing the 3 rd gear. I dunno how this will work out with a auto, because auto shift gears by itself and may not burn much gas as mine right now. My other option is to sell this intake and get the berk with franken ram section.
Old 05-01-2002, 11:21 AM

sloppymax,

Thanks for the information.

Old 05-01-2002, 12:08 PM
IMBOUTTOBUSTSOMEGHOSTS

i paid $65 for a 2k1 midpipe shipped and i think its $60 for a 2k2. im not saying one way or the other if you will lose power. some people on here with just a pop charger or stillen say they feel like they lost some low end while others say they didnt lose any. i just liked what i heard about fraken and that almost no one lost power anywhere. i just thought id save a little with the berk/fraken combo. it also cleans up the engine bay dramatically in my opinion. i decided to leave the stock scoop on and run a preheater hose or air intake hose from the ending of the scoop leading to the berk.
Old 05-01-2002, 05:41 PM

i paid $65 for a 2k1 midpipe shipped and i think its $60 for a 2k2. im not saying one way or the other if you will lose power. some people on here with just a pop charger or stillen say they feel like they lost some low end while others say they didnt lose any. i just liked what i heard about fraken and that almost no one lost power anywhere. i just thought id save a little with the berk/fraken combo. it also cleans up the engine bay dramatically in my opinion. i decided to leave the stock scoop on and run a preheater hose or air intake hose from the ending of the scoop leading to the berk.
hmmm you got me thinking now. i'm selling my stillen intake, don't need anyone to prove anything, i noticed for myself that she uses more gas and lost of low end power.
Old 05-01-2002, 06:10 PM
L33t BMW Drivah

I have the same setup listed above..Franken Midpipe and Berk Intake..... Works great ans Souds awesome !